PDA

View Full Version : Shane Mosley Vs. Fernando Vargas Ii

atxrocker
06-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Mosley stopped Vargas in their first "showdown" who will win "the rematch"on July 15?
April 27, 2006

It was a night few fight fans will forget. Two of boxing's superstars, despite having already established themselves as the best of their era, fighting it out like hungry prospects eager for their first shot at boxing's brass ring. When it was over on February 25th, "Sugar Shane" Mosley and 'Ferocious' Fernando Vargas had given fight fans an unforgettable night, with Mosley emerging as the victor after the fight was stopped in the 10th round.

But there's another chapter to be written in this saga as Mosley and Vargas will meet again on Saturday, July 15 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mosley vs. Vargas II will be presented by Golden Boy Promotions and Main Events and broadcast live on HBO Pay-Per-View.

For Mosley, it's a chance to once again turn back the challenge of this ferocious warrior; for Vargas, it is an opportunity to finish the job he feels he started earlier this year. Whatever way you look at it, this summer, Mosley and Vargas get to settle some unfinished business in a bout that only needs two words to describe it - "The Rematch".

With speed, power, and grace, "Sugar Shane" Mosley (42-4, 36 KOs, 1 NC) has earned his spot among the elite in the boxing world. A former lightweight, welterweight, and junior middleweight champion, the 34-year-old native of Pomona, California has never shied away from fighting the best in the world, a trait that has endeared him to fight fans and pay-per-view customers who made his bouts with Oscar De La Hoya and Vargas unqualified successes. Gearing up for another run at a world title, Mosley - who holds two wins over De La Hoya - is eager to cement his legacy by doubling up his win total over yet another California rival.

"I'm thrilled to be fighting Fernando Vargas and once again proving that I'm the superior fighter," said Mosley, who stopped Vargas in the tenth round of their first meeting. "To me, there was no controversy about our first fight because one look at his face showed who the winner was. I stopped him once, and I'll do it again."

The pride of Oxnard, California, "Ferocious" Fernando Vargas (26-3, 22 KOs) has done more at the age of 28 than most fighters achieve in a lifetime. A former United States Olympian and two-time junior middleweight world champion, Vargas has faced a boxing "Who's Who" over the course of his nine-year pro career, including Mosley, De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad, and Ike Quartey. Vargas is also the last man to beat middleweight superstar Winky Wright—which he did three days before his 22nd birthday—an amazing feat to say the least, but something 'Ferocious' Fernando has become accustomed to.

"I was winning the fight with one eye. If I was him and I would've seen me, I would've gone for broke," said Vargas. "But he didn't because he felt the wrath of what I carry in my right and left hands. A very few minor adjustments and I will knock him out this time. He knows I was winning. The world knows I was winning. I was winning with one eye. Blind!!!

"I was on the edge of my seat during the entire first fight between Mosley and Vargas, and when it was over I felt like I had just fought ten rounds," laughed Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya. "It was one of those fights that was so good that you have to see it again, and all I can say is that I'm glad I've been in training camp these last couple of months, because I'm going to need to be in top shape to watch these two fighters go at it again."

"We knew going into the first fight that this would be a battle for the ages," said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. "When you have two warriors like Mosley and Vargas, pride takes over and the fight that results is one you'll never forget. Thankfully, the fans responded and demanded a second bout between these superb athletes, and we're glad that we can give it to them."

Main Events CEO Kathy Duva adds, "I believe Vargas was winning the fight prior to his freak eye injury. Had the injury not occurred we would have been looking at a very different outcome. We appreciate the fact that Shane has agreed to give Fernando a rematch and we are quite confident that the second fight will be as exciting as the first."

"The first time they met, Mosley and Vargas fought with all their heart. Boxing fans appreciate the pride and passion of these two ring warriors, and can look forward to another all-out performance on July 15th", said HBO Pay-Per-View's Mark Taffet.

Vargas is finally getting a chance to redeem himself and I couldn't be happier. I hope he knocks "sugar shane" out this time. he was winning on my card when they stopped the prior one. Vargas in 7

atxrocker
06-20-2006, 12:38 AM
I hope Fernando kicks the shit out of Mosley.

atxrocker
07-11-2006, 07:59 PM
saturday is right around the corner.. hope mosley gets knocked out

nkdlunch
07-12-2006, 09:01 AM
boring....

both losers at this point especially Vargas, when is the last time he beat someone good???

Slinkyman
07-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Vargas is a little bitch, remember when De La Hoya beat his ass? Vargas talked so much shit before that fight then after the beating Oscar gave him he ran from the ring like a little bitch. He wasn't man enough to shake Oscar's hand or even stand in the same ring as him, AND Vargas was on Roids at the time. Fuck Vargas

MoSpur
07-12-2006, 11:59 AM
I don't like Vargas too much. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this fight.

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 12:03 PM
MMA > Boxing

*yawn*

:fro

cheguevara
07-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Anyone can do what Vargas does.

Get on the ring and get ur shit kicked out everytime. :rolleyes

degenerate_gambler
07-12-2006, 02:01 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dgnerate_gamblr/Fernando-Vargas-Shane-Mosley26666.jpg

I dont think Vargas ends up like this again...

but Mosley wins the rematch and Fernando's done.

cheguevara
07-12-2006, 02:20 PM
goddam! Mosley did that to him?

now I know why I don't watch Vargas fight. Might as well watch The Elephant Man

degenerate_gambler
07-12-2006, 02:24 PM
goddam! Mosley did that to him?

It started out with just a headbutt but Mosley, me and Stevie Wonder could see it starting to swell and he just peppered that fucker round after round till it turned into a balloon.

Slinkyman
07-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Vargas got his ass kicked again

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Quadzilla99
07-16-2006, 05:37 AM
Vargas is done.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2006, 12:36 PM
It started out with just a headbutt but Mosley, me and Stevie Wonder could see it starting to swell and he just peppered that fucker round after round till it turned into a balloon.
Unless Mosley had his forehead transplanted to the end of his right fist, what started the swelling is called a punch, and it happened in the first round.