PDA

View Full Version : When Will The Hawks Make The Playoffs?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2006, 06:59 PM
With all these lottery picks and the good people they already have they're bound to be in the playoffs in a few years.

nbrans
06-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Kind of like how the Warriors have hald all those lottery picks and good players all these years? Or more like how the Raptors have had all those lottery picks and good players all these years?

Rip-Hamilton32
06-17-2006, 10:57 PM
lol..raptors gm has made tons of bad choices before..but now that they have a new one you can expect the raps in the playoffs within the next 2 years

JMarkJohns
06-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Belkin is about to gain complete control of the team, if he hasn't already and he's a cheapass. Whether or not they offer Harrington a contract will go a long way to show whether or not they will lock up Childress and Smith in two years. They have all these wing players, but no PG and no frontcourt depth.

They have this year's pick, which is rumored to be Williams. Problem is, Williams is a plodder and they are an up-tempo team. We'll see how that works out. If it fails, yet doesn't yield a top-3 pick in 2007, then the pick goes to Phoenix.

So, they will have limited frontcourt depth and no real PG for probably the next two years. By the tie they are finally able to go after a PG, they'll have to pony up to keep Smith and Childress.

They are doomed.

I'd say they don't make the playoffs within this decade.

Slinkyman
06-17-2006, 11:14 PM
babcock destroyed the raptors, they went from making the playoffs 3 years in a row to the lottery although he did say Kevin McHale was he's role model as far as GMs go. JC turned PHX into a power i wouldn't be surprised if he does the same for the Raps.

Trainwreck2100
06-17-2006, 11:17 PM
:flypig

How did this go so long w/out being used.

baseline bum
06-17-2006, 11:20 PM
When will Keith Van Horn or Antoine Walker get a ring.... oh wait.... shit

strangeweather
06-18-2006, 01:20 AM
http://www.yankeecruisah.com/pic/street_seen/hell_freezes_over.jpg

MissAllThat
06-18-2006, 01:23 AM

I was just going to say "when pigs fly." I didn't know there a smiley for it. How exciting :spin

Darrin
06-18-2006, 01:32 AM
Kind of like how the Warriors have hald all those lottery picks and good players all these years? Or more like how the Raptors have had all those lottery picks and good players all these years?

They have a coaching staff with three members that studied under Larry Brown, and won a title with Larry Brown.

They have a GM that put together the Memphis Grizzlies. He's the one who traded for Pau Gasol, Lorenzen Wright, and Jason Williams. He's the one who drafted Shane Battier and Stromile Swift. He did that in two short seasons after spending years under Donnie Walsh with the Pacers.

In short, they have talent, they have a proven management team, and only their ownership problems and youth is holding them back.

What they should do is turn two or three of their pieces into veteran winners.

Red Hawk #21
06-20-2008, 06:18 PM
We made it this year and we will do it again next year

balli
06-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Hell, they're arguably a better team than LA. :lol

DazedAndConfused
06-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Imagine if the Hawks had drafted Chris Paul. Good god they'd have one hell of a team, though they probably wouldn't have been in a position to grab Horford.

0201rinckwater
06-20-2008, 08:11 PM

I don't know which is worse, this statement

or this one

Red Hawk #21
06-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Imagine if the Hawks had drafted Chris Paul. Good god they'd have one hell of a team, though they probably wouldn't have been in a position to grab Horford.

Fuck Chris paul that 5'11 pussy, I dont give a damn about that bitch. Hopefully Marvin improves his game so I won't have to hear this bullshit anymore, I cannot stand Chris paul. And im tired of people trying to say Marvin is a bust just because we didn't draft Chris paul. Do people not realize that its hard for a young player to grow when there are others playin at his same position?? Look at all the wing players we have : J-Childress, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Jeremy richardson and mario west. :ihit

DazedAndConfused
06-20-2008, 08:17 PM
^You're gonna hear about the CP3 debacle precisely because your team has so many damn wing players. It made absolutely no sense for them to take Marvin when their most glaring need was at the PG position and they completely blew an opportunity to draft what will most likely a be a future HOF player.

balli
06-20-2008, 08:32 PM
^You're gonna hear about the CP3 debacle precisely because your team has so many damn wing players. It made absolutely no sense for them to take Marvin when their most glaring need was at the PG position and they completely blew an opportunity to draft what will most likely a be a future HOF player.

Here's the thing about that. EVERYBODY. EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. TV commentators, guys in bars, hawks fans, nba fans, NCAA fans, everyone I know, you, me, had Marvin Williams and Bogut as top 2. It was foregone conclusion at the time.

Hindsite is 20-20 and there wasn't a person alive who thought the Hawks should've taken Chris Paul. Marvin Williams was billed as the next "special player" with "an unlimited upside". At the time Paul was merely just a good point guard.

And while I won't dispute they needed a point more and that Paul would've been the better pick, at the time, right after the NCAA win, the consensus was that there was no way you could pass on Marvin Williams, no matter what you needed.

Red Hawk #21
06-20-2008, 08:53 PM

You make a good point :toast
But I still think you guys need to chill out with all of this "cp3 is a hall of famer" talk. This cat hasnt done jackshit yet, he seems to be an advanced version of Kevin Johnson to me. Which is not bad thing.

I lost the link to an article that showed that cp3 is a very bad defender, the opposing Pg's FG% was always higher with Cp3 guarding them, and by the way if Paul is going to the hall of fame is D-will going too? Because Ive seen D-will dominate that punk so many times.

Ghazi
06-20-2008, 09:46 PM
The Hornets are chokers.

Udokafan05
06-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Fuck Chris paul that 5'11 pussy, I dont give a damn about that bitch. Hopefully Marvin improves his game so I won't have to hear this bullshit anymore, I cannot stand Chris paul. And im tired of people trying to say Marvin is a bust just because we didn't draft Chris paul. Do people not realize that its hard for a young player to grow when there are others playin at his same position?? Look at all the wing players we have : J-Childress, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Jeremy richardson and mario west. :ihit

Chris Paul is the biggest whiner in the league, and for some reason thinks he deserves the calls a verteran gets. Bowen should have actually kicked him when he was on the ground. And Bowen didn't derserve the suspension.