PDA

View Full Version : Sleepers

Solid D
10-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Who is your Sleeper* team or player this year?

*Sleeper being defined as a surprise achiever. An unexpected hit - Websters.

A lot of people are saying Denver in the West, but I think the Grizzlies will be the team to watch your backside on. They are well-coached, they know how to play hard-nosed basketball and they create TOs like nobody else. Dahntay Jones may see a more active role this season and adding Cardinal for quick scoring, hustle points and drawing fouls was pricey but genius skills-wise.

A player that may be a surprise hit is a guy I think the Spurs liked, J.R. Smith in New Orleans. He will eventually (not this season) replace David Wesley as his game rises and David's declines.

I also think Stephen Jackson can be the spark to lead Indy into the finals. He may not be a sleeper to us but I think he got lost in most fan's minds playing in ATL. He is a perfect fit for them, especially as Reggie declines.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Primoz Brezec will suprise now that he'll have playing time.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2004, 11:56 AM
One of the Kings' new swingmen is going to have a good year -- whichever one breaks into the rotation.

Brodels
10-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Portland Trailblazers. It's hard to imagine, but they will make the playoffs. Mark it down.

For a player, I'm going to go with Radman. I think he's ready for a breakout season. He's got size and skills. If he can just put it all together...

ChumpDumper
10-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Radman will breakout if he's traded.

I'm thinking his countryman Zarko Cabarkapa could have a pretty solid year if PHX decides where to play him.

fotsis50
10-15-2004, 04:40 PM
The Wizards seem deeper this year.
Gerald Wallace, Al Harrington will have crazy stats.

ShoogarBear
10-15-2004, 04:47 PM
The MIGHTY WEEZARDS are actually not an unreasonable choice for a breakout season.

They have some talent, although why one would want to reconstruct the 2002 Warriors is another question entirely.

Eddie Jordan supposedly can coach . . . we should find out this year.

Most importantly, they play in probably the most suck-ass division in Association history. Can you imagine what the Southeast would be like if Shaq hadn't been traded to Miami?

Duff McCartney
10-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Luke Jackson is gonna be one of the top two picks for ROTY.....and my sleeper pick is Utah.

SLOVENIAN 8
10-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Primoz Brezec and Charlotte!

BronxCowboy
10-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Agree with Brodels for team and fotsis50 for players. Blazers were as good as anyone out there at the end of last season, and you can never go wrong saying that a decent, if formerly buried, player on a horrible team is going to have good stats.

T Park
10-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Utah Jazz in the west and Orlando Magic in the east.

Suprise good player? Grant Hill, hes healthy FINALLY, and will have a good season.

xcoriate
10-15-2004, 08:00 PM
I'm thinking Phoenix could suprise some people...

picnroll
10-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Boston will surprise on the up side. Houston will surprise on the down side. Agree on JR Smith and Brezec. People will begin to figure out what Robinson said the first time he played Yao, that he's another Rik Smits.

Solid D
10-15-2004, 09:56 PM
With a lineup that includes a rotation of Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, Deng, Chandler and Curry does anyone think the Bulls could be a surprise team in the East?

Solid D
10-16-2004, 12:37 AM
Nocioni....is a sleeper indeed...but not in this forum.

wildbill2u
10-16-2004, 06:53 PM
I think Utah will be the sleeper this year and may make the playoffs

polandprzem
10-17-2004, 01:31 AM
Maciej Lampe

Karl Mundt
10-17-2004, 04:10 AM
Brezec maybe, i think Delambert certainly, he can average 10 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks next year

toosmallshoes
10-17-2004, 06:12 AM
utah will be better than the grizzlies because of their size and toughness... unless Jerry West trades four players for Vince Carter. sleeper team? maybe philly with AI at the point. maybe cleveland? Boston's a good one if Payton shows up. maybe even the Lakers. charlotte will be a good sleeper team because you can put in a tape of them getting clobbered and fall asleep to the repetitive sound of their opponents' swishes. :elephant

alamo50
10-17-2004, 06:25 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/wizards/hayes_poster.jpg

Jarvis Hayes

ChumpDumper
10-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Brezec maybe, i think Delambert certainly, he can average 10 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks next yearI don't know how much of a sleeper Dalembert could be -- the last few months of last season he was averaging close to what you are predicting. Not under the radar.

Karl Mundt
10-18-2004, 02:03 AM
I don't know how much of a sleeper Dalembert could be -- the last few months of last season he was averaging close to what you are predicting. Not under the radar.

Fair enough. OK, if you want a bold prediction, how about this: Olowakandi, he'll go for 10 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks next year :drunk

timvp
10-31-2004, 02:15 AM
Remember the name Jackson Vroman. He's a second round draft pick for the Phoenix Suns out of Iowa State. I saw him in summer league and I think he's going to be good. He is an awesome hustle player who can score, rebound, block shots and is great at taking charges.

He's never going to be great, but I think he'll be starting in Phoenix soon.

tempest186
10-31-2004, 02:58 AM
Andre Iguodola sleeper for Philly as for a team, I think the Wizards.

skillz
10-31-2004, 11:32 AM
I think nash is gonna do A LOT for phoenix, i think theyre gonna have a great year and the suns are gonna take that pacific division. as for player im gonna go on a limb a pick Darius Songaila.

Jimcs50
10-31-2004, 01:34 PM
Phoenix will win the division.

Solid D
10-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Trevor Ariza with the Knicks. The Spurs could have selected him. Who knows how well the Spurs knew what they were doing but for the time being...New York got themselves a real "Sleeper"? Amazing kid and quite an offensive rebounder considering his size and the position he plays.

42 Atlanta traded to San Antonio (from ORL/PHI/GSW) Viktor Sanikidze | F | 6-8 | 196
Republic of Georgia
43 New York Trevor Ariza | F | 6-7 | 194

Iron Giant
10-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Mike Sweetney...if the Knicks ever get rid of Kurt Thomas. What the hell is Vin Baker still doing in the league?