PDA

View Full Version : Mavs being torched by the Heat

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 02:27 AM
In that sense, Mavs are on fire.

So close and yet so far.

That empty trophy room is probably going to stay empty.

No wonder Dallas fans are on suicide watch. Mental meltdowns by Mavs and their fans can't stand it.

Guess they've run out of ways to positively spin the series they are in. So, they are retreating.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Meh, I still think the Mavs win this series, as I find it hard to imagine the Heat winning it in Dallas. I hope I'm wrong, though. :)

The main thing I'd be worried about if I'm a Mavs fan is I think Shaq may have one monster game left in the tank, and if it comes out in Dallas that's the Heat's only shot.

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Meh, I still think the Mavs win this series, as I find it hard to imagine the Heat winning it in Dallas. I hope I'm wrong, though. :)

The main thing I'd be worried about if I'm a Mavs fan is I think Shaq may have one monster game left in the tank, and if it comes out in Dallas that's the Heat's only shot.

I understand what you are saying, Winnipeg.

This is how I look at it if Heat win game 5

Mavs might be favored to win game 6, considered by itself, and might be favored to win game 7, considered by itself, but would be they be favored to win both games, together?

From that viewpoint, then is it not a compound probability problem? It certainly appears to be.

The odds of tossing two straight heads are not 50-50. Rather, it is 25 percent.

The odds are affected by outside circumstances (similar to weighting dice...), so it is not a mathematical proof per se, but it still makes sense.

Also, with a player as talented as DWade and with a legend like Shaq who is probably going to break out with a vintage game and the motivation of the Heat knowing that they are 1 win away from a championship (again supposing that they win game 5), the odds of the Mavs winning either game individually are not as great as one might suppose they would be in different circumstances.

So, I understand what you are saying, but I give my opinion.

Leetonidas
06-18-2006, 03:04 AM
It's not COMPLETELY empty...they have Dirk's 3 Point Contest trophy, the Western Conference Champs trophy, and Avery's Coach of the Year trophy. :lol

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 03:11 AM
It's not COMPLETELY empty...they have Dirk's 3 Point Contest trophy, the Western Conference Champs trophy, and Avery's Coach of the Year trophy. :lol

true!

Winnipeg_Spur
06-18-2006, 03:16 AM
You're probably right, if the Heat win game 5 they have a better shot at winning it all then I give them credit for. Still, I don't want to get my hopes up, so I'm expecting the worst...

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 03:23 AM
You're probably right, if the Heat win game 5 they have a better shot at winning it all then I give them credit for. Still, I don't want to get my hopes up, so I'm expecting the worst...

I know.

It almost seems to good to be true.

But an old Scottish Presbyterian minister: Nah, Laddie it is just good enough to be true (badly paraphrased).

shelshor
06-18-2006, 03:36 AM
And 1 division championship from 20 years ago

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 05:21 AM
And 1 division championship from 20 years ago

Prior to 80's and I didn't see it.

Add that one as well.

dirk4mvp
06-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Is this what Spurs fans do? They get their ass beat, and they find comfort in old shit. Pitiful.

bulletedge
06-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Spurs fans are right- Mavs fans ARE nervous...and disappointed that the Mavs haven't played very well in this series- not to mention that Dirk hasn't even bothered to show up.

Now we can understand how Spurs fans felt watching Dallas beat them this year. Misery loves company...thus all of the silly posts gloating about how Miami is going to beat Dallas- something that THEIR team could not do.

But there are two more games to win and this series isn't over yet. We can always continue to hope that the team that beat San Antonio will show up in the Finals.

LEONARD
06-18-2006, 10:25 AM
<--- Not nervous

Even if the Heat win tonight, they haven't shown that they can win in Dallas... :fro

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
<--- Not nervous

Even if the Heat win tonight, they haven't shown that they can win in Dallas... :fro

Not meant at you Leonard, nor at Dirk4mvp or at bulletsedge. You all have been pretty cool.

Just took a couple of jabs at DallasMavsenfuego214 who made some ridiculous punk comments.

Read some of Mavsenfuego's posts (on a Spurs board no less) and you will find adequate cause.

pussyface
06-18-2006, 11:24 AM
hey manurules.
you need to stop letting other people dictate the content of your posts by getting you angry.
post your beliefs dont post just to be provacative for its own sake.
after game 3 you said you thought the mavs couldnt lose.
now your kneejerking that they are unlikely to win the series.

either way, if that guy wanted to make you look stupid, he has done his job.

nbascribe
06-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Spurs fans are right- Mavs fans ARE nervous...and disappointed that the Mavs haven't played very well in this series- not to mention that Dirk hasn't even bothered to show up.

Now we can understand how Spurs fans felt watching Dallas beat them this year. Misery loves company...thus all of the silly posts gloating about how Miami is going to beat Dallas- something that THEIR team could not do.

But there are two more games to win and this series isn't over yet. We can always continue to hope that the team that beat San Antonio will show up in the Finals.

Dayum just when I'm ready to throw all Mavs fans under the bus, along comes an intelligent post from someone who has a level head.

Good post bulletedge....you've summed up what many Spurs fans have been trying to say to the other Mavs' fans on the board.

Islymore
06-18-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm nervous as hell.
And any Mav fan who tells you they arent... IS LYING.

Everybody is concerned with Dirk and where he has been the last two games...

But... as bullet said... There are still 3 more games to play.

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 11:59 PM
hey manurules.
you need to stop letting other people dictate the content of your posts by getting you angry.
post your beliefs dont post just to be provacative for its own sake.
after game 3 you said you thought the mavs couldnt lose.
now your kneejerking that they are unlikely to win the series.

either way, if that guy wanted to make you look stupid, he has done his job.

you don't expect Spursfans to call Mavs fans out when they do this?

After games 1 and 2 and most of game 3, Dallas looked much better than Miami.

However, Mavsfans like him continued to post punk comments and the Mavs choked big time.

Federer killed Nadal 6-1 after the first set. Who would you have predicted to win the match? But Nadal stormed back and you could see the momentum swinging his way. Are commentators supposed to ignore the obvious changes?

What would be stupid is to keep repeating the mantra that the Mavs will easily win the series and are much better than Miami when the evidence no longer supported such a case.

After games 1 and 2 of last year's finals, Spurs looked unbeatable and clearly superior to the Pistons. And most commentators would have said the series was almost a lock. Yet, after games 3 and 4, the evidence no longer supported that viewpoint. Not many predicted a Spurs win in the Palace in game 5.

An intelligent person revises their opinion when the evidence no longer supports their view.

As the evidence no longer supported the view that the Mavs were the much better team coincided with the arrogant comments by certain Mavs posters, I appropriately responded.

Mavsenfuego214 said that the Mavs were the best team ever. I don't think he is in a position to say anything about someone else being stupid.

Up until the end of game 3, the Mavs had dominated at least 3/4 of the first 3 games. And 1 good 4th quarter did not mean that I needed to adjust my assessment. At that point, the evidence had not disproven my original viewpoint. After game 4, the series looked very different. We were looking at a game 5 with Dallas without Stackhouse and in Miami after Miami had just dominated Dallas in game 4.

At that point, how could I ignore those facts? I had to revise my view in keeping with the evidence.

If you all called out these posters yourselves, I wouldn't.

MissAllThat
06-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Federer killed Nadal 6-1 after the first set. Who would you have predicted to win the match? But Nadal stormed back and you could see the momentum swinging his way.

That was a great win by Nadal. Even though I always root for Federer to lose, even I didn't honestly see it actually happening.

Mavs<Spurs
06-19-2006, 12:22 AM
That was a great win by Nadal. Even though I always root for Federer to lose, even I didn't honestly see it actually happening.

Thank you. I'm glad you see what I am saying.

On clay, Nadal seemed to be a slight favorite. On the other hand, many think (I am one) that Federer is or will be considered the greatest ever by the time he retires. And his matches on clay against Nadal had been getting closer (2 match points)...

When this is followed up by a 6-1 set by Federer, you know Nadal won't go away (esp not on clay) but it looks like Federer will break through.

So, it is natural to think Federer will win the match. Then after the second set, Nadal clearly had momentum (6-1 set of his own).

I appreciate your support, MissAllthat!!! Thank you!

:fro