PDA

View Full Version : Best teams to never win it all? Mavs 2006?

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 03:20 AM
One of the Mavs fans posted about how the Mavs fans could consider their team to be the best ever and if one adds the phrase to never win it all, then I can see how they might wish that were true.

This is a possibility.

Perhaps the Jazz and the Suns might come in a little ahead of them, but after this last disappointment I could understand how Mavs fans might feel that their home team is the best team to never win it all.

The biggest problem with accepting that viewpoint is that losing the Finals after these kinds of mental meltdowns makes it a little harder to accept.

But Bart and Marge might go in with you, Homer.

aaronstampler
06-18-2006, 03:59 AM
How about the '06 Spurs?

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 05:17 AM
How about the '06 Spurs?

The difference is that this is the best the Mavericks have ever done.

On the other hand, the 99 Spurs, 03 Spurs and 05 Spurs won it all.

Mavericks have not won any titles ever and the distinct possibility/probability is that this will remain true.

3 > 0

CuckingFunt
06-18-2006, 09:01 AM
I might be biased, but I'd have to put '02 and '03 Kings somewhere on that list.

bulletedge
06-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Considering that the series is tied at two games apiece, I think it is premature to list the Mavs as one of the best teams to never win it all.

If they lose to Miami, I'd put them on the list. I'd also put them at the TOP of the list of teams that CHOKED in the Finals.

Tonight's game should be interesting and whoever wins will probably win the Title.

Shank
06-18-2006, 09:14 AM
The Spurs have never had a 2-0 series lead and see it shrink to 2-2. Never.

strangeweather
06-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah, but never in the NBA Fin... oh wait. :lol

There's a lot of basketball left to be played. The Mavs fans who thought being up 2-0 meant they had already won have been schooled, but for everyone else, this is just basketball.

It'll be interesting to see how both teams come to play today.

himat
06-18-2006, 10:13 AM
06 Detroit Pistons maybe? Funny thing is no one still knows what happened to the team exactly. Was it too many minutes played in the last 4 seasons? Was it possibly a chemistry issue? Whatever it is this Pistons team didn't look too good evn though they are.

Cool it Dallas. You do realize that you still have 2 out of the next 3 at home and Miami's bench is very inconsistant.

himat
06-18-2006, 10:15 AM

Did you see last years Finals possibly. It would of shrank to 2-3 if it wasn't for that SOB.

nbrans
06-18-2006, 10:30 AM
The 2000-2001 Bulls were pretty awesome -- Elton Brad, Brad Miller, Ron Artest, Jamal Crawford, Ron Mercer.....

Oh wait, they only won 15 games.

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Considering that the series is tied at two games apiece, I think it is premature to list the Mavs as one of the best teams to never win it all.

If they lose to Miami, I'd put them on the list. I'd also put them at the TOP of the list of teams that CHOKED in the Finals.

Tonight's game should be interesting and whoever wins will probably win the Title.

This thread is dedicated to your friend who said that the 2006 Mavs were the best team ever.

Mavs<Spurs
06-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah, but never in the NBA Fin... oh wait. :lol

There's a lot of basketball left to be played. The Mavs fans who thought being up 2-0 meant they had already won have been schooled, but for everyone else, this is just basketball.

It'll be interesting to see how both teams come to play today.

Add a 13 point lead in game 3 with 6 minutes left and you're on to something there.

I think we have a winner.

Ballgame.

bulletedge
06-18-2006, 10:55 AM
If they come out tonight and shoot 30% from the field...and if Dirk continues to fall down every time down the court in his best imitation of that former Mavs great, Shawn Bradley, then the Mavs deserve to get their asses kicked.

I just hope that some semblance of the team that finally showed some character in the Spurs and Suns series this year will show up tonight. I know these guys make millions a year but how about showing a little bit of pride?

I stand by my statement that if the Heat win the series- the Mavs deserve to be near (if not at) the top of the list of all-time CHOKERS.

baseline bum
06-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Are you all nuts? The 95-96 Sonics would mop the floor with almost every NBA Champion in the history of the league. Too bad their 64-18 team had to go through the 72-10 Bulls.

PG Payton
SG Hawkins
SF Schrempf
PF Kemp (when he was the best PF in the game)

kingsfan
06-18-2006, 12:18 PM
I might be biased, but I'd have to put '02 and '03 Kings somewhere on that list.I agree, they were robbed!http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

ShoogarBear
06-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Are you all nuts? The 95-96 Sonics would mop the floor with almost every NBA Champion in the history of the league. Too bad their 64-18 team had to go through the 72-10 Bulls.

PG Payton
SG Hawkins
SF Schrempf
PF Kemp (when he was the best PF in the game)
:tu

nbascribe
06-18-2006, 01:22 PM
06 Detroit Pistons maybe? Funny thing is no one still knows what happened to the team exactly. Was it too many minutes played in the last 4 seasons? Was it possibly a chemistry issue? Whatever it is this Pistons team didn't look too good evn though they are.

Cool it Dallas. You do realize that you still have 2 out of the next 3 at home and Miami's bench is very inconsistant.

So is Dallas' bench. It's going to be very interesting to see how the bench reponds with its top reserve out of the game.

I don't think Miami will screw this up like the Spurs did in game seven. Riles probably won't let that happen and the big fella definitely ain't gonna let them mess up tonight.

That's the good thing about having a veteran who has been through this process, usually he has the attention of the team and they listen to what he's saying.

Heat win this game tonight and the pressure will be on Dallas like a 20 ton anvil. Not even Wile E. Coyote could get out of this.

That's why this game is so pivotal for the Mavs. They drop game five tonight and things could get messy. The Heat could take a game in Dallas.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-18-2006, 02:16 PM
dude what the fuck are you talking about

are you trying to anti jinx the mavs or what
its a tied series

MissAllThat
06-18-2006, 05:05 PM
I agree, they were robbed!http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

So were the '00 Blazers :depressed

AZLouis
06-18-2006, 09:24 PM
1993-94 New York Knicks

John Starks
Patrick Ewing
Charles Oakley
Charles Smith
Anthony Mason
Derek Harper
Greg Anthony
Hubert Davis