PDA

View Full Version : WTF Astro fan????

T Park
06-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Lose 2 out of 3 to ROYALS!?!?!?!?!??!

The Cardinals swept these guys IN KC, and like by at least 7 runs every game.

WTF HAPPENED!?!?!?!!?

:wtf

koopa
06-18-2006, 04:43 PM
if Pettitte wasn't worthless we would've won.

Das Texan
06-18-2006, 06:15 PM
the astros played like garbage this weekend.

way to give a few back this weekend.

good job!

T Park
06-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks to the Chi Whitesox, for helping the Cardinals Division lead go back to 5.5.

I think they are up on the Stros by 8 or 9 now too.

Cubbies are at the bottom!!!! :lmao

Das Texan
06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
my team is only 6.5 back of the wildcard.

beachbarbie948
06-19-2006, 01:00 AM
if Pettitte wasn't worthless we would've won.

Qualls wasn't much better either

SA Gunslinger
06-19-2006, 01:32 AM
KC has some talent. That kid Burgos is finally closing out games which is huge.

leemajors
06-19-2006, 10:38 PM
they've still won 9 out of the last 12. just glad they pulled out of that may funk. next couple starts = oswalt, clemens. just need to get them some run support.

scott
06-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks to the Chi Whitesox, for helping the Cardinals Division lead go back to 5.5.

Thanks to the Cardinals, who spotted us 11 runs in the bottom of the 3rd today to help the Palehose keep pace with the Tigers.

T Park
06-20-2006, 09:20 PM
No problem.

Thank Mark "overthefuckrated" Mulder for that.

Extra Stout
06-26-2006, 02:07 PM
I guess, based upon interleague results, the Cardinals should not try too hard to win the pennant.

DarkReign
06-26-2006, 04:30 PM
'Stros coming to Dtown.

Good luck.

TheTruth
06-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Thataway Cards. KEEP ON LOSING!

GO Reds

Marklar MM
06-26-2006, 09:47 PM
T-t-t-tigers

StylisticS
06-27-2006, 12:57 AM
the national league is a complete and utter joke. Whoever wins the AL wins the World Series, again, in a sweep. They dominated the NL.

DarkReign
06-27-2006, 07:24 AM
T-t-t-tigers

Ya. Good win last night.

Dont remember Phil being so lively...

Marklar MM
06-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Ya. Good win last night.

Dont remember Phil being so lively...

Wasn't much to be lively about while he was in Detroit. :)

DarkReign
06-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Wasn't much to be lively about while he was in Detroit. :)

Point, Set, Match.

leemajors
06-27-2006, 08:12 PM
stros hose another great effort by clemens. that 4th ball call in the seventh was awful, though.

Vizzini
06-28-2006, 10:16 AM
stros hose another great effort by clemens. that 4th ball call in the seventh was awful, though.

Yes, that should've been a strike, but the Astros shouldn't have made those two errors that cost them an additional two runs. The two extra runs became costly the next inning when they got 2 men on base with less than two outs. One hit, and the game is tied at the very least. It was a bad call, but the Astors compunded it by bone-heading the next couple of plays.

leemajors
06-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes, that should've been a strike, but the Astros shouldn't have made those two errors that cost them an additional two runs. The two extra runs became costly the next inning when they got 2 men on base with less than two outs. One hit, and the game is tied at the very least. It was a bad call, but the Astors compunded it by bone-heading the next couple of plays.

i totally agree, but an extra out would have helped. i can't believe everett made an error like that, he is a quality defensive ss. the stros really need to hitch up their britches and quit playing like bitches. i'm sorry, i hope that sounds as awful as i felt when i typed it. 2nd half team again this year, please!!! on another note, garner's 5 good minutes on PTI yesterday was great. i haven't seen a tantrum explained that clearly before.

Vizzini
06-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Tigs just put another whuppin' on Houston this afternoon 5-0. Verlander's line: 8.0IP, 3H, 0Runs, 0BB, & 7K That's a pretty impressive line for your 5th starter. The AL Central is just beating the hell out of the NL Central this month.

Jimcs50
06-28-2006, 03:17 PM
The Astros lost again to the Tigers today, 5-0.

Can this team please score?

They are horrible. The Cards have lost 20 straight it seems and the Astros have made up zero ground on them

:depressed

Old School Chic
06-28-2006, 03:29 PM

:rolleyes

Das Texan
06-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Tigs just put another whuppin' on Houston this afternoon 5-0. Verlander's line: 8.0IP, 3H, 0Runs, 0BB, & 7K That's a pretty impressive line for your 5th starter. The AL Central is just beating the hell out of the NL Central this month.

Verlander isnt really a 5th starter.

he will be the ace of that staff soon, he is only in that slot due to his age.

mike detroit
06-28-2006, 08:32 PM

true. Today he won his 10th today. No Tigers' rookie pitcher has done that in this short a time in almost 100 years.

Marklar MM
06-28-2006, 09:17 PM
We need to get another Mark Fidrych.

Vizzini
06-28-2006, 09:42 PM

Yes, I guess the point I was trying to make was that their staff is pitching so great right now, that Verlander is really their fifth starter just because of his age and inexperience. There really is no one that you could look at right now and say that he needs to be pulled down in the rotation, or he needs to go to the bullpen or to AAA. Hell, when Mike Maroth comes back in August, could we see a stretch of time where (if they are still in the playoff race, yes I know that they are almost 30 games over .500 right now, but I am a Tiger fan and still feel that the floor could drop out at any minute) that they might go with a six pitcher rotation for a little while, to rest up for October? Zach Miner has been great the last month, and I see no need to screw around with a good thing. Wow, I can't believe I'm talking about the Tigers potentially having too much pitching and trying to get themselves set up for a playoff rotation. I guess the highlight of the summer will not be the start of Lions training camp afterall.

leemajors
07-01-2006, 11:39 PM
bucholtz looked great today, even though his fastball was a tad erratic. i hope he gets consistent soon, we need another starter to step it up. consistent run support would also help. that catch by matthews. jr. was outstanding.

mike detroit
07-02-2006, 01:13 AM
the tigers seem to have caught that disease from the astros tonight where you're unable to field even the simplest ball.

Das Texan
07-02-2006, 04:01 PM
bucholtz looked great today, even though his fastball was a tad erratic. i hope he gets consistent soon, we need another starter to step it up. consistent run support would also help. that catch by matthews. jr. was outstanding.

buchholz has been incredibly inconsistent.

he has nasty, nasty stuff though. If he can harness it and become more consistent is a good middle/top of the rotation guy.

period.

katyon6th
07-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Watching the Astros beat the Rangers was fantastic.

I still don't get the title of this thread, though.

SA Gunslinger
07-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Hell, when Mike Maroth comes back in August, could we see a stretch of time where (if they are still in the playoff race, yes I know that they are almost 30 games over .500 right now, but I am a Tiger fan and still feel that the floor could drop out at any minute) that they might go with a six pitcher rotation for a little while, to rest up for October?

Minnesota probably doesn't worry you at this point but have you seen that kid Liriano? The guy is a stud.

Das Texan
07-02-2006, 09:06 PM
liriano is an amazing prospect. once he really learns to pitch look out.

liriano and santana are being broken up after the break, which is a very good thing though adn should only help tremendously.

leemajors
07-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Watching the Astros beat the Rangers was fantastic.

I still don't get the title of this thread, though.

it's from when the astros got swept by the royals. i have been bumping it with astro thoughts since. card barely avoided that royal sweep themselves today.

SA Gunslinger
07-02-2006, 10:54 PM
liriano is an amazing prospect. once he really learns to pitch look out.

liriano and santana are being broken up after the break, which is a very good thing though adn should only help tremendously.

If the Tigers falter a little, the Twins could make the AL Central interesting.

Das Texan
07-03-2006, 12:12 AM
If the Tigers falter a little, the Twins could make the AL Central interesting.

With the pitching the Tigers have, I really dont see them faltering any.

The Twins could make noise in teh playoffs, but fucking around for the first two months is going to come back to haunt them.

leemajors
07-08-2006, 07:31 PM
that game was painful. lidge could have at least given it up to edmonds, not scrubs at the bottom of the order.

T Park
07-09-2006, 05:54 PM
AAron Miles getting any kind of hit off of Lidge, should have had Lidge be banished to Round Rock for a week.

leemajors
07-09-2006, 11:09 PM
AAron Miles getting any kind of hit off of Lidge, should have had Lidge be banished to Round Rock for a week.

miles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lidge