PDA

View Full Version : "Stolen Honor" Author a Moonie, Or Just In Their Pockets

Nbadan
10-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Kerry Attacker Protected Rev. Moon

By Robert Parry
October 15, 2004

Carlton Sherwood, who has produced an anti-John Kerry video that will be aired across the United States before the Nov. 2 elections, wrote a book in the 1980s denouncing federal investigators who tried to crack down on Rev. Sun Myung Moon’s illicit financial operations.

In retrospect, Sherwood’s book, Inquisition: The Prosecution and Persecution of the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, appears to have been part of a right-wing counter-offensive aimed at discouraging scrutiny of Moon and his mysterious money flows. The strategy largely succeeded, enabling Moon to continue funneling hundreds of millions of dollars into the U.S. political process, most notably to publish the ultra-conservative Washington Times but also to make payments to prominent politicians, including former President George H.W. Bush.-----

Consortium News (http://www.consortiumnews.com/2004/101504.html)

Consorting with Tom Ridge and the Homeland Security Department to the tune of half a million dollars, and a moonie supporter. How can anyone take this guy seriously? Sinclaire Broadcasting should be ashamed of themselves.

It's time to air F/911 on National T.V.

Hook Dem
10-15-2004, 01:31 PM
"How can anyone take this guy seriously?" ..............Pot meet Kettle! You sure didn't have a problem supporting Michael Moore! :lol Damn, it's good to see you in a normal mode!

Yonivore
10-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Hey idiot (Nbadanallah), there's a difference between an "author" and a "producer." And, what's Moon got to do with the heartfelt testimony of the veterans in the documentary.

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 04:16 PM
uhhhh Dan...I saw an interview with the filmaker last night on O'Reilly...the documentary is basically 12 POW's talking and also includes 35 minutes of your boy Kerry speaking...what are you afraid of?...that there was actually film of what Kerry said and it is going to air on TV?

we suffered through your bullshit about Farenheight 9/11...now bend over and take it like a man... :lol

Nbadan
10-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Let me see, a movie made by a employee of the Homeland Department, that spells out many of the same Swift boat lies that have been disproven time and time again. Put out by a company that makes no qualms about it's support for W., without offering the opposition a chance to fairly present it's own side charges, and its all happening two weeks before the Presidential election. Yeah, nothing fishy going on there.

All of you who called out Dan Rather and CBS for their mistake ought to be ashamed of yourself for letting this outrage by Sinclair broadcasting continue. All of you are the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen.

Samurai Jane
10-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Let me see, a movie made by a employee of the Homeland Department, that spells out many of the same Swift boat lies that have been disproven time and time again. Put out by a company that makes no qualms about it's support for W., without offering the opposition a chance to fairly present it's own side charges, and its all happening two weeks before the Presidential election. Yeah, nothing fishy going on there.

All of you who called out Dan Rather and CBS for their mistake ought to be ashamed of yourself for letting this outrage by Sinclair broadcasting continue. All of you are the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen.

I heard Sinclair specifically invited Kerry to take time on their stations and respond to the charges in this film. As of yet, he hasn't responded.

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 04:27 PM
They gave Kerry thirty five minutes of unedited tape for him to make his position...No commentater...no analyst...

again...are you afraid your candidate can't defend his position in 35 minutes?

or are you afraid of what he said?

Samurai Jane
10-15-2004, 04:28 PM
They gave Kerry thirty five minutes of unedited tape for him to make his position...No commentater...no analyst...

again...are you afraid your candidate can't defend his position in 35 minutes?

or are you afraid of what he said?

I hadn't heard that he took them up on the offer.. this should be interesting!

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 04:30 PM
he didn't...

these are unedited tapes of Kerry back then.

and the Kerry campaign is scared to death that the public will watch.

Samurai Jane
10-15-2004, 04:31 PM
he didn't...

these are unedited tapes of Kerry back then.

and the Kerry campaign is scared to death that the public will watch.

No wonder he hasn't responded... :hang

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 04:37 PM
When John Kerry appeared before the U. S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee in the spring of 1971, his testimony sent shock waves throughout America and the world. Here was a young, articulate Ivy-Leaguer, a highly decorated Naval officer who had seen combat in Vietnam. Now, driven by conscience and lofty ideals, Lt. Kerry said he felt compelled to break his silence and tell the unvarnished truth about the Vietnam War and those who fought it. The war, he said, was a criminal endeavor driven by a “policy of atrocities.” The 2.5 million men who served in Vietnam were akin to “Genghis Khan’s barbaric hordes,” thugs and psychopathic war criminals who wantonly plundered the Vietnam countryside, murdering, raping and bombing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians – old men, women and children -- each and every day.

Lt. Kerry’s widely televised statements were dramatic and persuasive, made all the more credible by the fact he had been there, said he had witnessed many of these same atrocities. His testimony catapulted him to international prominence and the ranks of leadership in the American anti-war movement, launching his once failing political career. It also permanently branded in the American psyche the image of Vietnam veterans as murderous “baby killers” and “drugged out losers,” a perception that persists today, one deeply embedded in our history.

That single act earned for Kerry the lasting enmity of Vietnam veterans, especially those who had borne the brunt of his accusations, that small percentage of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen who actually served on the frontlines. Many of these combat veterans would carry the scars of their service for life. Kerry’s repudiation of their sacrifice represented yet another war wound, one that would never heal. As compelling as Kerry’s Senate testimony was, these men knew it was lacking in one key element … truth. They knew from their own combat experiences virtually all his allegations were lies; the U.S. military would never countenance such brutality. And, they also knew his actions were a deliberate betrayal of all of them, especially the more than 58,000 who lost their lives in the Vietnam War.

But, perhaps, more than any living group of combat veterans, it was the America ’s POWs who suffered most, forced to endure the immediate consequences of Kerry’s treacherous falsehoods. In 1971, some 700 of these men were reported as captured or missing in action, most presumed held prisoner by the North Vietnamese Communists in such places as the notorious Hanoi Hilton. Already subjected to years of torture, solitary confinement and unspeakable psychological and physical abuse, their lives were literally hanging by a thread when Kerry issued his damning testimony. In mere moments, Kerry had willingly given the Vietnamese Communists what they had spent years of torture and blood-letting to drag out of their American hostages, an unqualified “confession” they were all war criminals.

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 04:40 PM
meet the POW's interviewed...

all liars of course...

http://www.stolenhonor.com/documentary/meet-pows.asp

Nbadan
10-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Kerry appearing would only lend credibility to these ridiculous accusations. Besides, there are real, fact based documentaries that would dispell this trash just as sufficiently.

Samurai Jane
10-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Kerry appearing would only lend credibility to these ridiculous accusations. Besides, there are real, fact based documentaries that would dispell this trash just as sufficiently.

...Put out by a company that makes no qualms about it's support for W., without offering the opposition a chance to fairly present it's own side charges...

Ok, so you want him to present his own side of the story or not??

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Carlton Sherwood is a distinguished newspaper and TV investigative reporter and the recipient of journalism's highest honors in print and broadcast news, the Pulitzer Prize and George Foster Peabody Award. His other national awards include the Society of Professional Journalists Sigma Delta Chi Award, the Investigative Reporters and Editors Award, The National Headliner Award, the American Bar Assn. Silver Gavel, Women in Communications Clarion Award, the John Hancock Award, the International Film Critics Award and several Emmy Awards.

During a 35-year career Sherwood has authored dozens of investigative reports exposing political and corporate corruption, government sponsored child abuse, sex and drug scandals in the military, misuse of charitable funds by nonprofit organizations, institutional abuse of the handicapped, racial discrimination and religious bigotry and Church-sanctioned fraud.

Sherwood began his career in 1968, working as a reporter and editor for several Philadelphia-area newspapers. In 1978, he was assigned to the Washington, D.C., bureau of Gannett News Service. Several years later, he transitioned to broadcast news, working as an investigative reporter for CBS-TV affiliates in Boston and Washington and CNN's Special Assignment Unit. In 1986, he was the chief investigative reporter for The Washington Times.

His work earned him numerous commendations from national advocacy groups, including the U.S. Civil Rights Commission, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, the National Spina Bifida Assn. and the National Assn. for the Disabled and Handicapped.

A thrice-wounded, decorated, Marine Corps combat veteran, Sherwood served as a sniper-scout with the vaunted Second Battalion, Fourth Marine Regiment -- "Magnificent Bastards" -- during some of the war's bloodiest fighting on Viet Nam's notorious DMZ in 1967. Following a four-year voluntary enlistment, he was honorably discharged in 1968.

Sherwood's journalistic efforts about veterans, particularly disabled veterans, resulted in the Blinded American Veterans Foundation creating their annual media award in his name. For the last two decades the BAVF has presented the Carlton Sherwood Media Award to a print and broadcast journalist for their work on behalf of veterans who suffer severe, life long-long disabilities. Several nationally syndicated and network TV journalists -- and the National Press Club itself -- are recipients of the BAVF's Carlton Sherwood Media Award.

Earlier this year, he was presented the 2004 Media Service Award from the National Military Order of the Purple Heart Assn. in ceremonies in Washington, D.C. His work on behalf of Pennsylvania veterans was recognized by the Governor and Department of Military and Veterans Affairs in 2002 with the Commonwealth’s highest civilian honor, the Pennsylvania Meritorious Medal.

In early 2003, Sherwood was named executive vice-president for the wvc3 Group, an antiterrorism, security firm in Reston, VA. Later that year he traveled to Iraq to conduct a theater-wide fact-finding mission and, upon his return, authored several reports on his experiences and findings.

Sherwood took an unpaid leave of absence from the wvc3 Group in June 2004 in order to establish Red, White & Blue Productions, Inc., an independent film company which produced "Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal." The documentary received its initial funding entirely from Pennsylvania Veterans. Since the Stolen Honor website – www.stolenhonor.com -- was activated in late August, just prior to the debut of the film, additional funds have been received from individuals and entities nationwide. No political campaign, candidate or political party have been involved in any way in the financing or production of Stolen Honor.

Nbadan
10-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Now the man behind "Stolen Honor" is Carlton Sherwood, producer of the documentary and president of the shadowy group (sorry, I just love when Scott McClellan uses that term) Red, White and Blue Productions. Sherwood also happens to be a former reporter for the Rev. Sun Myung Moon's Washington Times and was, well, according to PBS's Frontline, a bit of a shill for the Unification Church:

Narrator: In June,1991, Inquisition, a new, purportedly independent investigation of Moon's 1982 tax fraud prosecution, was released by a Washington publisher, Regnery-Gateway [publisher of Unfit for Command -- ed.]. Its author, Carlton Sherwood, is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter who once worked for the Washington Times.
Narrator: Inquisition has a curious history. It was printed once before, by an obscure publishing house called Andromeda. The phone number listed for Andromeda in a leading publishing directory is the home phone of former Reagan National Security Council official Roger Fontaine — an ex-reporter at the Washington Times. When we called, Fontaine's wife Judy answered and said she knew nothing about Andromeda. Then she told us that the company was bankrupt and that Inquisition was published by Regnery-Gateway.

Narrator: Alfred Regnery is the head of Regnery-Gateway.

Regnery: "It is not unlike a lot of other books we have published. It is a story that deals with the First Amendment, which is something that is very dear to publishers, of course."

Narrator: Alfred Regnery was told by Carlton Sherwood that the Moon Organization would purchase one hundred thousand copies of Inquisition — at least according to former Washington Times editor James Whelan, another Regnery-Gateway author. But Alfred Regnery denies it.

Narrator: One week after talking to Regnery, FRONTLINE obtained a copy of a letter addressed to Sun Myung Moon. The letter was written by James Gavin, a Moon aide. Gavin tells Moon he reviewed the "overall tone and factual contents" of Inquisition before publication and suggested revisions. Gavin adds that the author "Mr. Sherwood has assured me that all this will be done when the manuscript is sent to the publisher." Gavin concludes by telling Moon, "When all of our suggestions have been incorporated, the book will be complete and in my opinion will make a significant impact.... In addition to silencing our critics now, the book should be invaluable in persuading others of our legitimacy for many years to come."

Narrator: Although he refused an on-camera interview, Carlton Sherwood told Frontline that the Unification Movement exerted no editorial control over his book.

Narrator: When we visited Gavin's office in McLean, Virginia, our request for an interview was refused.

And, perhaps of more interest, Sherwood has some pretty close ties to Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge. Here's Ridge speaking before the National Press Club in February 2002:

And the other Marine -- I do have a couple Marines that are friends. (Laughter.) Everybody ought to have a couple Marines as friends. Then your homeland would definitely be secure -- is Carlton Sherwood (phonetic), who headed up my commonwealth media services when I was privileged to serve the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. A decorated Vietnam veteran, a prizewinning journalist himself. So, Carlton, I would like you to stand up and be recognized. (Applause.)

And *cough* surprise, surprise:

And speaking of homeland security, a former Ridge confidant and administration official, Carlton Sherwood, is now executive vice president of the WVC3 Group, a well-connected anti-terrorism, security firm headquartered in Reston, VA. (www.wvc3.com). Sherwood directed then-Gov. Ridge's award-winning broadcast TV and radio operations in Harrisburg. Sherwood has been tapped to create and manage a new Fed website- www.firstresponder.gov-a key Bush Administration public outreach program directed to the more than 8 million police, fire, EMS and emergency management personnel nationwide. The new "professional" internet site, scheduled to go on-line later this year, will feature an array of training and educational components in addition to news and information tailored to the interests of the first responder community.

That article was dated June 2003 and according to this document (PDF file) the site was supposed to go live on March 2004, but so far ... nada. But it's not like we're in any hurry or anything. Take your time. You've got documentaries to produce. And a whole bunch of history to cover up.

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 05:05 PM
well gee....again...if you can't attack the message then find SOME WAY to try to attempt to disparage the messenger...

again...Stolen honor is composed of interviews of POW's and John Kerry HIMSELF speaking...

are you still afraid of the public hearing what KERRY said?

Nbadan
10-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Isn't Michael Moore's movie F/91 nothing but members of the administrations own words? So what was the outrage there again?

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 05:09 PM
admit it Dan...if a lot of people tune in to this documentary your boy is TOAST...

The new documentary “Stolen Honor” documents how a young John Kerry jumpstarted his political career by denouncing American soldiers -- and how the Vietnamese used his actions to torture, demoralize and threaten American Prisoners of War. In production before the Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth splashed onto the scene, the documentary’s producers say “Stolen Honor” juxtaposes Kerry’s work with the Vietnam Veterans Against the War with the words of veterans who were still in Vietnam when Kerry was leading the antiwar movement.

Retired Captain James H. Warner -- a Marine who was held in North Vietnam for five years, five months -- is a recipient of the Legion of Merit, two Bronze Stars, two Purple Hearts, 11 Air Medals and the Navy Commendation Medal.[1] Warner gives some of the most powerful testimony of how John Kerry’s words were used against POWs in “Stolen Honor:”

In the Spring of 1971, I was taken with 35 others to a camp outside of Hanoi. All of us were put in solitary confinement, and we were told this was a camp for punishment guys who were misbehaving. From the moment we were on the ground we were constantly fed propaganda, and the propaganda from home was always about the antiwar movement. After we had talked for quite some time, the interrogator showed me a transcript of testimony that my mother had given at something called the Winter Soldier hearings. I had no idea what these were. I read her testimony and it wasn’t damning, but then I saw some of the other stuff that had gone on at this Winter Soldier hearing, I wondered how did somebody get my mother persuaded to appear at something like this.

Shortly thereafter he showed me some statements from John Kerry. He said that John Kerry had helped organize the Winter Soldier hearings because he was so motivated because he had been an American officer, served in the U.S. Navy. And then he started reading some of the statements that John Kerry had made. I’m sorry I can’t quote them, but essentially he accused all of us in Vietnam of being criminals, that everything we had done was criminal. The North Vietnamese had told us from the time that we got their hands on us that we were criminals, that we were not covered by the Geneva Convention, so It was okay for them to do whatever they wanted to do to us. And they told us that they were going to put us on trial and some of us would be executed.

One of the things I remember being told that Kerry had said was that he demanded an immediate unilateral withdrawl of U.S. troops from Vietnam. Well, the only reason they were keeping us alive at all was to use as a bargaining chip to get U.S. troops out of Vietnam. It looked as though there’s rising pressure in the States for this [and] if the government gave in to that pressure and unilaterally withdrew the troops, what would be the purpose in keeping us alive? They would have executed us.

The interrogator went through all of these statements from John Kerry. He starts pounding on the table see, “Here, this naval officer, he admits that you are a criminal, and you deserve punishment”...I dind’t know what was going to come next. And for the rest of the time that we were in that camp I was very ill at ease...

[John Kerry] abandoned his comrades. He burned up his “Band of Brothers” membership card when he did that.

Retired Colonel Leo K. Thorsness -- a Vietnam Air Force veteran and recipient of the Medal of Honor, Silver Star, six Distinguished Flying Crosses, 10 Air Medals, two Purple Hearts and the Good Conduct Medal -- spent five years and 19 days as a POW. In “Stolen Honor” he reports:
A measure of patriotism is his loyalty to those still in uniform. That’s totally contrary to what he did. That makes him totally unpatriotic or loyal. He was over there fighting, he came home and there were still people he knew over there fighting, and he starts talking about war crimes and the atrocities we’re committing. He’s putting them in dire jeopardy. Every military combat guy I’ve talked to from Vietnam said their greatest fear was not being killed; it was becoming a POW. As you know, there were people captured in South Vietnam who were literally skinned alive…And Kerry’s giving the captors ammunition to treat people like that if they’re captured. And these are people he knew. Where in the world is his loyalty to the people in the military?
Thorsness says Kerry's actions caused them to be imprisoned -- and tortured -- longer than they would otherwise have been. He also mentions the (successful) North Vietnamese strategy to drag out the war in hopes that the antiwar movement would cause America to defeat itself:

Without question, we were held captives longer, because of the antiwar people, from the Kerrys to Fonda and Hayden...They encouraged the enemy to hang on. And the enemy would have hung on to us forever had not a man by the name of Richard Nixon gone in there with B-52s in December of 1972 and said enough is enough. They understood force, but they were experts at the PR.

Air Force Veteran Retired Lt. Colonel Thomas S. Pyle echoed Thorsness:

It’s come out since the war, you read what the Vietnamese have said about the war, what they’ve written about the war, their strategy was they recognized that they could not win the war militarily. The only way they could win the war was to destroy the will of the American people to support the war. And that was the strategy all along. They knew they would have to suffer horrendous losses to be able to do that and they were willing to do it, that was part of their plan up front.

Pyle earned two Silver Stars, three Bronze Stars, two Purple Hearts, the Legion of Merit, Air Medal and Meritorious Service Medal. He spent six-and-a-half years in the Hanoi Hilton.

Retired Air Force veteran Captain Kevin McManus -- who received the Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Distinguished flying Cross, Air Medal and Purple Heart -- spent five years and eight months in the prison camps. He says:

The first knowledge of John Kerry, really, that I can recall now was after we came back, he had made apparently some statements that essentially said that all the Americans over there were war criminals and committed atrocious acts. I had a big problem with that, not so much for me...but thousands of guys who died had no chance to hold their own against Kerry. So essentially he desecrated all the war dead and their families, with no chance of them ever replying.

Retired Lt. Ralph E. Gaither, U.S. Air Force veteran and author of With God in a POW Camp, spent more than seven years as a POW. He reports in the documentary that Kerry's antiwar action proved deadly to his colleagues:

We didn’t realize how powerful the movement was until toward the end of the war. I dedicated the book I wrote to John Frederick – he died 6 months before we came home. John would probably have been alive had the antiwar movement not been doing what they were doing. The Vietnamese grew great relish in the movement in support for their cause. I’m convinced that they held on to the war until after Nixon was reelected. They felt Nixon would not be re-elected, that the antiwar movement would be strong enough to get him out of office.

Retired Air Force Brig. Gen. Robinson Risner, who fought in World War II, Korea and Vietnam, won two Air Force Crosses, Distinguished Service Medal, two Silver Stars, three Distinguished Flying Crosses, the Bronze Star and eight Air Medals. Risner remembers how the anti-American demonstrators gladdened his captors' hearts during his seven years, four months as a POW in Vietnam:

I was in pain a lot of the time. I was being treated inhumanely… I know we had more than one person come to Vietnam, who the Vietnamese told me [were helping them win] the war in the streets of America. I certainly didn’t approve of that. I didn’t think it was right for an American to come over and bolster the Vietnamese morale.

The Swift Vets have used much of the same information and footage from Kerry’s testimony in their television advertisements against the Democratic presidential nominee, which seem to be having a significant impact on Kerry’s campaign. On Aug. 26, Noelle Straub reported in the Boston Herald, “although Kerry has stayed roughly even in national polls, his support among veterans -- a significant voting bloc -- has dropped significantly since the group launched its first ad.”

While there is no official connection between “Stolen Honor” and the Swift Vets, former Vietnam POW Paul Galianti, who spent seven years in the Hanoi Hilton, has participated in both projects. He is seen in the Swift Vets second advertisement, stating, “John Kerry gave the enemy for free what I and many of my comrades in North Vietnam, in the prison camps, took torture to avoid saying.”

Galianti was held in the same prison camp as Arizona Senator John McCain. Carl Limbacher at Newsmax.com reported on Aug. 5, 2004, that although McCain has criticized the Swift Boat Vets recently, he himself spoke out against John Kerry and other antiwar protestors in a 1973 US News and World Report article.

In a piece he wrote for the May 14, 1973, issue of U.S. News & World Report, the POW-turned-senator charged that testimony by Kerry and others before J. William Fulbright's Senate Foreign Relations Committee was "the most effective propaganda [my North Vietnamese captors] had to use against us…

“All through this period,” McCain told U.S. News, his captors were “bombarding us with anti-war quotes from people in high places back in Washington. This was the most effective propaganda they had to use against us.”

Texas Representative Sam Johnson has also explained how the Vietnamese used Kerry’s words against prisoners like himself in Vietnam. During an interview with Newsmax.com’s Limbacher in May, 2004, Johnson said:

“[Kerry] let the veterans down. When you're in a war you don't go out there badmouthing your fellow soldiers,” he noted, referring to Kerry's 1971 speech. “You know, that's a disservice to the veterans.”

“Anybody who comes back and works against the best interests of the United States, in my view, doesn't deserve to be president of the United States,” he said.

“Stolen Honor” is produced by decorated Vietnam veteran Carton Sherwood, who served as a Marine in Vietnam's De-Militarized Zone. Sherwood, who has won both the Pulitzer Prize and the Peabody Award, covered John Kerry’s role in the antiwar movement. It is a project of Carlton’s Red White and Blue Productions, Inc.

The documentary's promotional material summarizes:

“Little did the American prisoners of war imagine that half a world away events were conspiring to make their precarious situation even more desperate, that an American Naval Lieutenant after a 4-month tour of duty in Vietnam was meeting secretly in an undisclosed location in Paris with a top enemy diplomat. That this same lieutenant would later join forces with Jane Fonda to form an antiwar group of so-called Vietnam veterans, some of whom would be later discovered as frauds, who never set foot on a battlefield. All this culminating in John Kerry’s Senate testimony that would be blared over loud speakers to convince our prisoners that back home they were being accused and abandoned. Enemy propagandists had found a new and willing accomplice…”

“The war, [Kerry] said, was a criminal endeavor driven by a ‘policy of atrocities.’ The 2.5 million men who served in Vietnam were akin to ‘Genghis Khan’s barbaric hordes,’ thugs and psychopathic war criminals who wantonly plundered the Vietnam countryside, murdering, raping and bombing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians - old men, women and children -- each and every day. Lt. Kerry's widely televised statements were dramatic and persuasive, made all the more credible by the fact he had been there, said he had witnessed many of these same atrocities...It also permanently branded in the American psyche the image of Vietnam veterans as murderous ‘baby killers’ and ‘drugged out losers,’ a perception that persists today, one deeply embedded in our history.”

Kerry still has yet to offer any real answers or explain his own contradictory statements about his service in Vietnam, which are detailed in the John O'Neill's and Jerome Corsi’s Unfit for Command, settling only on denouncing his fellow Vietnam veterans as a front group for the Bush campaign.

The American Legion Convention's tepid response to Kerry further shows his low popularity among veterans. On Sept. 1., Charles Hurt of the Washington Times reported, “John Kerry was politely received.” Hurt reported a number of veterans actually walked out as Kerry began speaking, and that a group of anti-Kerry veterans passed out buttons and fliers sporting an advertisement run by them in Nashville’s Tennesseean last week. The ad also criticized Kerry for “wounds inflicted by John Kerry on millions of veterans,” Hurt said.

Of course, Kerry's cool reception isn't surprising. In his 1971 book, The New Soldier, which sports a parody of the famous Iwo Jima flag raising, in which a group of scruffy soldiers are planting a flag upside down on the cover, Kerry said, “We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans’ Day waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the 'greater glory of the United States.’ We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.”

Nbadan
10-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Let's be fair and balanced and show F/911 then, and sensabilities and moderation be damned

Spurminator
10-15-2004, 05:13 PM
What's stopping them?

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Let's be fair and balanced and show F/911 then, and sensabilities and moderation be damned

LMAO...I smell fear...

lets see...I assume you have seen F/911? did anyone try to stop you from seeing it?

nooooo?

LMAO

so why don't you want people to have access to Stolen Honor?

Nbadan
10-15-2004, 05:22 PM
so why don't you want people to have access to Stolen Honor?

I don't care what people watch the least bit, but on national t.V. two weeks before the election and your saying that Sinclaire isn't using it's media conglomeration to advance its political views? Please. I hope this backfires on Sinclair broadcasting and Karl Rove, and the American public sees right through the lies.

Spurminator
10-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Can someone tell me how this is different from networks broadcasting Ross Perot's TV specials?

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 05:26 PM
and the American public sees right through the lies.

yeah...those fucking lying damn POW's...how dare they express their feelings of betrayal by John Kerry...LIERS LIERS LIERS!!!! *as Nbadan holds his hands over his ears*

Yonivore
10-15-2004, 08:59 PM
I don't care what people watch the least bit, but on national t.V. two weeks before the election and your saying that Sinclaire isn't using it's media conglomeration to advance its political views? Please. I hope this backfires on Sinclair broadcasting and Karl Rove, and the American public sees right through the lies.
Here we go with Karl Rove again. You just can't bring yourself to believe that there are a whole lot of veterans pissed off with Kerry over issues that have nothing to do with President Bush's re-election campaign.

Sinclair Broadcasting see the documentary as "newsworthy." And, quite frankly, if the "Mainstream Media" had paid as much attention to the the Swiftboat Vets as they did Kitty "Discredited" Kelly, Richard "Discredited" Clarke, and Paul "Discredited" O'Neill, then maybe it wouldn't be as newsworthy now. Quite frankly, I think the way the Swiftboaters have been ignored by the major networks is newsworth, regardless of the politics involved.

For instance, why did Ted Koppel not want to hear their side of the story but, instead, go around the world to hunt down VC Commies to see if they could corroborate Kerry's version of the Bronze Star incident?

And, another thing, Sinclair isn't just broadcasting the documentary "Stolen Honor" which only runs 40 minutes, it's a news broadcast discussing the topic addressed by "Stolen Honor," scheduled to run 1 hour. However, I watched the President of Sinclair and a Kerry goon on PBS's Newshour with Jim Lehrer the other day. And the Sinclair President said he had offered the Kerry campaign an opportunity to participate in the discussion and even committed to extending the program up to an hour (for a total of 2 hours) in order to allow Senator Kerry the opportunity to fully address, unedited, his position on the topic.

Certainly more fair than anything Michael Moore has ever done.

As an aside, it was kind of funny watching the Kerry goon go apoplectic over the whole issue while the Sinclair guy remained calm, professional, and businesslike.

Nbadan
10-16-2004, 05:52 AM
Kitty "Discredited" Kelly, Richard "Discredited" Clarke, and Paul "Discredited" O'Neill,

:lol

That must of been on Fox News then cause Kitty Killey, Richard Clarke, and Paul O"Neil have yet to be sued for libel. In fact, I have yet to see one shred of evidence to disprove what any of them said was not true.

Nbadan
10-16-2004, 05:56 AM
Sinclair Broadcasting see the documentary as "newsworthy." And, quite frankly, if the "Mainstream Media" had paid as much attention to the the Swiftboat Vets

Sinclaire broadcasting is so obviously biased towards W I'm surprised their company President wasn't caught sucking W's dick instead of soliciting a prostitue in a moving vehicle recently. Yeah, nice family values.

The Swift boat vets are a bunch of vendetta holding old guizzers.

Nbadan
10-16-2004, 05:58 AM
yeah...those fucking lying damn POW's...how dare they express their feelings of betrayal by John Kerry...LIERS LIERS LIERS!!!!

I wonder what those who fought in place of W in Vietnam are saying about him now? Oh, that's right we cant hear them because their dead.

Yonivore
10-16-2004, 10:28 AM
I wonder what those who fought in place of W in Vietnam are saying about him now? Oh, that's right we cant hear them because their dead.
No, it's the same people Nbadanallah...the people speaking out against Kerry fought in Vietnam. And, they like George Bush. Current combat troops and their families like George Bush too; 3 to 1, over Kerry.

Nbadan
10-16-2004, 03:18 PM
:rolleyes

The troops always support the sitting President. I'm sure the numbers were probably comparable for Clinton.

I'm sure that many Vietnam vets and Vets from other wars support Kerry in large numbers also just like his whole Swift boat crew which have appeared on campaign stops.