PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Platoon Defies Orders In Iraq

Nbadan
10-15-2004, 01:30 PM
A 17-member Army Reserve platoon with troops from Jackson and around the Southeast deployed to Iraq is under arrest for refusing a "suicide mission" to deliver fuel, the troops' relatives said Thursday.

The soldiers refused an order on Wednesday to go to Taji, Iraq — north of Baghdad — because their vehicles were considered "deadlined" or extremely unsafe, said Patricia McCook of Jackson, wife of Sgt. Larry O. McCook.

Carlton Ledger (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041015/NEWS01/410150366/1002)

The U.S. has lost 20 troops in the last 4 days alone.

Hook Dem
10-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Quit jacking off Dan! These are AMERICAN troops.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Everytime another US troop dies, Dan giggles.

Figures.

Nbadan
10-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Seems to me that it is the American troops who are coming to their senses. Your attacks on my patriotism just expose your immaturity.

NameDropper
10-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Why do conservatives think that those who speak out laugh at American casualties?
Do conservatives laugh everytime a child goes hungry or without health care?
Do conservatives laught everytime a senior citizen doesn't have enough to pay for their medication?
Do conservatives laugh everytime a gay person comes out of the closet?

Hook Dem
10-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Why do conservatives think that those who speak out laugh at American casualties?
Do conservatives laught everytime a senior citizen doesn't have enough to pay for their medication?
Not those ....just Dan .

Yonivore
10-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Seems to me that it is the American troops who are coming to their senses. Your attacks on my patriotism just expose your immaturity.
Seems to me those guys are in a heap of trouble.

Another platoon undertook and completed the mission...

It's a fucking war!

SpursWoman
10-15-2004, 03:46 PM
So....what happened to the troops that needed fuel? I guess they just left them hanging.

:wtf

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Coming to their senses Dan?

Another platoon completed the mission (and made it back... so much for a suicide mission).

And further, they're military, they have a job to do. It's not coming to their senses, it's dereliction of duty. The military's all about the guy next to you in the trenches, and these guys sold out the guys needing fuel.

Useruser666
10-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Excuse me, but here is something I saw.

Harris said conditions for the platoon have been difficult of late. Her son e-mailed her earlier this week to ask what the penalty would be if he became physical with a commanding officer, she said.

Conditions are difficult yet he had a chance to email his mom? I mean I know how flustered I get when my internet connection goes down. I want our troops as well funded and prepared for their mission as possible. If that's not the case then something needs to be done. But how can things be hard when they have time to send an email, or EVEN have access to it!

-FLASH EMAIL- Sorry mom I must stop typing. I see a RPG flying at me and OMG!!! <<<[[[BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!]]]>>> ................. -FLASH EMAIL-

ChumpDumper
10-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Did the other platoon have deadlined vehicles?

Nbadan
10-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Defying a direct order is wrong!

Sincerely,

Lynndie England

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/abughraib2.jpg

JoeChalupa
10-15-2004, 05:27 PM
Send in the Marines.

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2004, 05:40 PM
uhhh Sarge...you want us to do WHAT?...drive those TRUCKS?...jeez Sarge...those trucks have GASOLINE in them...that shit can burn!...aw c'mon Sarge...theres ragheads out ther with GUNS!...fuck...hell...some of them might even SHOOT at us...that shit sounds dangerous!...they need fuel over there?...big deal...let those motherfuckers come get it themselves...I didn't join the army to do this shit!...fuck!...why me?...naaaa fuckit...I'm stayin here...I gotta go answer my e-mail...

xrayzebra
10-15-2004, 06:27 PM

I was for the USA before I was for Viet Nam.
I was for the 87 Billion before I was against it
Bush will start a draft again.
I am a hero, I spent 3 months and a few days fighting before I got
the hell out of the war.
I got three purple hearts.
I am in the Viet Nam war memorial.
I am the second JFK, John F. Kerry.

You tell me anyone you know that goes hungry or without health care in
the USA.
You tell me anyone who goes without their meds in the USA
You tell me who brought out the fact that the VP's daughter was gay,
twice, once by Edwards and once by Kerry, and then said they say:
"she was fair game".

You like the rest of you bunch are full of crap, always were, always will be.
You just hate Bush and would vote for anyone except him.

I often wonder if you pay any taxes or work for a living, I did for many
years and still pay all kind of taxes to support a hospital district and
many federal programs to take care of the people. Including those who
aren't suppose to be here. Or do you understand the meaning of illegal?

JohnnyMarzetti
10-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Kerry went to Viet Nam.
Bush didn't.
It is not like the fact that Cheney's daughter is gay was a secret.
And you are probably full of crap too and just hate Kerry and would vote for anyone else but him.
Look in the mirror before you start spouting your BS.