PDA

View Full Version : Group hug - me and the 2005/06 Playoff Spurs

Shank
06-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Shit.

I've seen the light and now see exactly what you guys were talking about when calling on the refs in the Mavs/Spurs series (among others).

There's some bullshit going on. It's somewhat elusive and can be hard to put a finger on, but there's something there.

I get you now.

rayray2k8
06-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Yeah..
You guys are getting screwed. :lol

LuvBones
06-19-2006, 12:42 AM
All I care about is next season.

Go Spurs Go.

FreshPrince22
06-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Shit.

I've seen the light and now see exactly what you guys were talking about when calling on the refs in the Mavs/Spurs series (among others).

There's some bullshit going on. It's somewhat elusive and can be hard to put a finger on, but there's something there.

I get you now.

Yea well, lucky us. The Pistons have to go through Wade, Lebron, and their Refs for the next 10-15 years. :depressed

Dirk gets them too though. But he's a notch or two below Wade on the Ref-chart.

DirkAB
06-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Pathetic, your team lost the game because they choked and settled for jumpers all game long. If Dirk has the ball in his hands and takes it hard to the rack as much as he did in the first 3 rounds he would be getting calls, too. Superstars get calls, always have, don't act like it is anything new. If your superstar would play as aggressive as DWade he would be shooting 20+ FTs a game, to bad your team isn't taking advantage.

rayray2k8
06-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Pathetic, your team lost the game because they choked and settled for jumpers all game long. If Dirk has the ball in his hands and takes it hard to the rack as much as he did in the first 3 rounds he would be getting calls, too. Superstars get calls, always have, don't act like it is anything new. If your superstar would play as aggressive as DWade he would be shooting 20+ FTs a game, to bad your team isn't taking advantage.
He's right.
Howard fucked up in the end.
Period.
the mavs ended up shooting a prayer.

strangeweather
06-19-2006, 12:58 AM
He's right.
Howard fucked up in the end.
Period.
the mavs ended up shooting a prayer.
Plus, the Mavs missed 3 FTs in the last minute of OT -- 2 in a row from Howard. Howard drops those in, and the Mavs would likely be up 3-2.

T Park
06-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Finally see how Games 3 and 4 were the biggest bullshit of all time now?

J.T.
06-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Karma.

Payback's a bitch.

rayray2k8
06-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Shank you've come to the wrong place if you're looking for sympathy.
But I feel for you man.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Karma is a fucking BITCH.

The Mavs got screwed like a mother tonight. There was no foul on Wade. I know the feeling so fucking well.

Shank
06-19-2006, 01:08 AM
Oh, I'm not looking for sympathy. I just had my Mavs glasses on so thick that I couldn't put myself in your place. But after experiencing the rape first-hand, I can sympathize.

The FT disparity is obviously fucked, but I really don't get how the players aren't allowed to finish a Game 5 of the fucking NBA FINALS by actually playing the game. It's crazy and hard to describe.

baseline bum
06-19-2006, 01:09 AM
The only way the next game could be any better is if Stackhouse tips in the winning basket for Miami at the buzzer in game 6.

rayray2k8
06-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Well I aint gonna be a complete asshole to all mav fans..
They're already suffering so...
So check it shank..
See what it says under you name?
thats what its all about now.
;)
But if its true what people say about the league picking the winner.
than you guys are screwed on Tuesday.
Think about it.. Wouldnt it suck having the heat celebrate on YOUR home floor.
Boy id be keeping that bottle of Jack Daniels close to me on that night.. :drunk

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Oh, I'm not looking for sympathy. I just had my Mavs glasses on so thick that I couldn't put myself in your place. But after experiencing the rape first-hand, I can sympathize.

The FT disparity is obviously fucked, but I really don't get how the players aren't allowed to finish a Game 5 of the fucking NBA FINALS by actually playing the game. It's crazy and hard to describe.That foul on Wade was the foul on Dirk that Bowen got called for. The exact same shit.

Man, Dirk's pussy tirade after the game was funny as hell though. He moves an excercise bike and sets it down, then tries to kick a door. :lmao

Shank
06-19-2006, 01:14 AM
NFL Head Coach comes out for the Xbox on Tuesday.

That looks like good times. Remember good times?

baseline bum
06-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Part of me wishes I had followed through on my promise not to watch the rest of the playoffs... what a fucking joke this game was. Still, I love seeing cocky bitches like Cuban and AJ have to suck on being on the very short end of the stick after they had the WCSF handed to them on a silver platter.

rayray2k8
06-19-2006, 01:15 AM
That foul on Wade was the foul on Dirk that Bowen got called for. The exact same shit.

Man, Dirk's pussy tirade after the game was funny as hell though. He moves an excercise bike and sets it down, then tries to kick a door. :lmao
and missed!! :lol :rolleyes

Lp26
06-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Yea well, lucky us. The Pistons have to go through Wade, Lebron, and their Refs for the next 10-15 years.

We're never going to the finals again :depressed

MissAllThat
06-19-2006, 01:21 AM
We're never going to the finals again :depressed

Not with Flip as coach....

Shank
06-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Did you not get the memo? Next year's ECF is already set. It's Miami and Cleveland. I have the t-shirt already ordered. The TV schedule is out and ESPN has been passed notes about how to compare each player to Jordan without comparing them to each other.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 01:23 AM
Not with Flip as coach....
True dat. The Pistons' problems were all on their bench.

rayray2k8
06-19-2006, 01:35 AM
Did you not get the memo? Next year's ECF is already set. It's Miami and Cleveland. I have the t-shirt already ordered. The TV schedule is out and ESPN has been passed notes about how to compare each player to Jordan without comparing them to each other.
How many more people is ESPN gonna compare to Jordan??

Shank
06-19-2006, 01:35 AM
Harold Miner.

Mr. Body
06-19-2006, 01:37 AM
The only way the next game could be any better is if Stackhouse tips in the winning basket for Miami at the buzzer in game 6.

Yeah, then breaks his freaking orbital open.

Then Jeff Hornaceck comes and beats his ass.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-19-2006, 01:43 AM
I'll say what I've always said, which is there's no grand conspiracy or anything refs are just really incompetent and gutless. They let themselves be intimidated by fans, coaches, owners (hello Mark Cuban) and even Jack Nicholson (if anyone remembers that one). Supposedly they work really hard to improve, but I just don't see it. If anything, they're getting worse...

edit: Oh and star calls are maybe the worst they've ever been in the NBA right now.

Shank
06-19-2006, 01:46 AM
I'll step out of being a fan of any NBA team for a moment and step back as someone who might just be getting into professional basketball. There is something wrong and it's obvious if you look at the league from afar. But what can you do? The most simple, immediate solution is instant replay but that could feasibly cause more troubles than it solves.

God, I hate having to whine

Tigole Bitties
06-19-2006, 01:47 AM
I'll say what I've always said, which is there's no grand conspiracy or anything refs are just really incompetent and gutless. They let themselves be intimidated by fans, coaches, owners (hello Mark Cuban) and even Jack Nicholson (if anyone remembers that one). Supposedly they work really hard to improve, but I just don't see it. If anything, they're getting worse...

edit: Oh and star calls are maybe the worst they've ever been in the NBA right now.

They just need some new blood. Bring in some unbiased guys who don't hold grudges from the past. Or start docking pay based on poor calls.

infinite styles
06-19-2006, 01:47 AM

I agree with you and would like to add that they are getting worse by trying to get more involved. They feel like in order for the game to be legit and fair that they must insert themselves into the action. The best refs are the ones that nobody remembers.

Shank
06-19-2006, 01:50 AM
You know it's bad when fans of teams crave the names of the refs for that night and can name the league's most notorious just by their faces and tendencies. These guys are too visible. I only know Ed Hochuli because of his huge guns. It's sad that I know Dick Bavetta by the way he stretches before each game.

angel_luv
06-19-2006, 02:17 AM

hehehehe

I am so wicked but that is good stuff!

RonMexico
06-19-2006, 02:34 AM
Shit.

I get you now.

Hey, throw us Suns a bone in that acknowledgement too... lame timeout call was almost like the 2 straight techs against Bell and D'Antoni... but as much as I appreciate your gesture it's hard for me to refrain from saying "I told you so" when I posted about 2 weeks ago that the Mavs fans will be crying once Shaq and D-Wade get all the calls that Dirk got in the Mavs trip through the West...

Doug Collins
06-19-2006, 05:36 AM
Hey, throw us Suns a bone in that acknowledgement too... lame timeout call was almost like the 2 straight techs against Bell and D'Antoni... but as much as I appreciate your gesture it's hard for me to refrain from saying "I told you so" when I posted about 2 weeks ago that the Mavs fans will be crying once Shaq and D-Wade get all the calls that Dirk got in the Mavs trip through the West...

Dirk earns those calls by taking jumpshots and throwing has hands up in the air near the basket. Fuckhead.

1Parker1
06-19-2006, 08:00 AM

:tu :tu

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 08:01 AM
BS...no excuses...

Mavs have the last 2 games in the bag :fro