PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted timeout sends Dallas tempers flaring

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 02:09 AM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13410349/

Unwanted timeout sends Dallas tempers flaring
Associated Press
National Basketball Association News Wire

MIAMI -- Mark Cuban has plenty more reasons to be furious with NBA officials.

From his perspective, referees made two huge mistakes before hitting his Dallas Mavericks with an unwanted timeout during the closing moments of their 101-100 overtime loss to the Miami Heat in Game 5 of the NBA finals on Sunday night.

Cuban said replays show that referees missed a backcourt violation against Dwyane Wade at the start of his final drive to the basket. The Dallas owner also believes Wade fouled the Mavericks' Jason Terry before drawing the contact that led to his winning free throws with 1.9 seconds left.

For the Mavericks, those incidents overshadowed what seemed like the obvious source of their anger: Being given their final timeout between Wade's foul shots, instead of after, when they could've moved the ball to midcourt and had a chance to set up a final shot.

"I care less about the timeout," Cuban said. "The error in my mind occurred before then."

Asked if it was the collision that Terry jumped up from screaming about being shoved, Cuban said: "You mean when he pushed him? I don't know. I guess that's not a call. I guess that's not a foul."

Dallas star Dirk Nowitzki, who ended up being charged with the foul on Wade's drive, said he thought "Dwyane pushed off like three guys to get to the basket."

After Wade made another free throw following the timeout, Dallas guard Devin Harris missed a desperation heave. When the buzzer sounded, the Mavericks unleashed their anger.

Cuban, who was wearing the jersey of suspended forward Jerry Stackhouse, ran onto the court and screamed at official Joe DeRosa, then went to the scorer's table and stared down NBA commissioner David Stern and other league officials. Cuban then went up the tunnel toward their aisle and kept screaming and staring.

Stern made his way out, but Cuban didn't let up. Considering he's been fined well over $1 million -- including $200,000 this postseason alone -- his tab could rise again before Game 6 in Dallas on Tuesday night.

Players were irate, too.

Nowitzki, who scored 20 points including a tough jumper that put Dallas up by one point with 9.1 seconds left, kicked the ball into the stands as he left the court. On his way to the locker room, he slammed against a stationary bike then kicked at something else. Josh Howard, who called the timeout, threw off his headband in disgust as he left the court.

"Josh Howard goes to Joe DeRosa and not only once, but twice asks for a timeout," referee Joe Crawford told a pool reporter. "Forced to call it, simple as that."

When told by a reporter what Crawford said, Howard became so agitated that he had to be taken out of the locker room to calm down. Cuban came in when Howard returned.

"It's common sense -- what would I tell him timeout for?" Howard said after gathering his emotions.

The Mavericks went to the foul line 25 times. So did Wade. The entire Heat team went 49 times.

"I don't know," Cuban said. "I guess they got fouled more."

Said Harris: "It's not like we're not going to the basket."

Mavericks coach Avery Johnson refused to answer questions about the Terry-Wade contact, repeatedly asking his interrogator what he thought. Terry said he couldn't comment.

"We have to watch the film and see," he said.

Asked if the refs explained the non-call to him, Cuban said: "No, they don't do that here. That's unfortunate."

Cuban was standing against a wall, shaking his head while gathering his thoughts before speaking to reporters when assistant coach Larry Riley alerted him to the missed backcourt violation.

"You can't be established in the frontcourt, then jump into the backcourt," Cuban said after watching a replay. "My understanding from the rule book is, if you are going to catch the ball in the backcourt, you have to be in the backcourt to catch it. You can't be established into the backcourt after you catch it or that's a backcourt violation."

The Mavericks came into the game already furious over the decision to suspend Stackhouse because of hard foul in Game 4.

This latest incident, and possible league action against Cuban, makes things even more interesting as the Heat take a 3-2 series lead to Dallas for Game 6 on Tuesday night.

"This is going to leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth," Howard said. "We're going to come out and play hard in Game 6 and Game 7." NBA.comNBA.com's Playoffs Coverage

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 02:10 AM
If the Mavs want to win this series, they need to rein themselves back in.

You can't go nuts like this after a loss even if you think every call was wrong. Everyone from Cuban, AJ, Dirk, on down is talking like they are losing it.

nbascribe
06-19-2006, 02:11 AM
If the Mavs had handled business, they wouldn't even be in this mess.

angel_luv
06-19-2006, 02:13 AM
That article made Cuban sound way more intelligent than he actually acted.

sabar
06-19-2006, 02:14 AM
You can go into the backcourt in the final minutes of the fourth period and onwards on the inbounds. Unfortunately the film Cuban inevitabley sends will only show his lack of knowledge of the rules.

nbascribe
06-19-2006, 02:16 AM
You can go into the back court the last two minutes of the fourth quarter.

RonMexico
06-19-2006, 02:17 AM

You can't go nuts like this after a loss even if you think every call was wrong. Everyone from Cuban, AJ, Dirk, on down is talking like they are losing it.

That's because they forgot that when they signed the deal with Stern to make it to the Finals this year through preferential treatment, there was a clasue in there stating they might have to endure lopsided officiating in order to actually win the championship... kind of like "Bedazzled"... their greed caught up with them... oh yeah, 50 FTs vs. 32 and touch call on Bowen... oh yeah, Dirk 24 FTs... oh yeah, momentum-swinging technicals called against Phoenix and Dirk 9-9 FTs in the 4th quarter (18 total for the game)...

RonMexico
06-19-2006, 02:19 AM
You can go into the backcourt in the final minutes of the fourth period and onwards on the inbounds. Unfortunately the film Cuban inevitabley sends will only show his lack of lnowledge of the rules.

Yeah, he's pretty much fishing for it at this point, but are we surprised that an MFFL has no concept of the rules?... Stackhouse shouldn't have been suspended though because I would have liked to see caveman losing it too after this loss... and he didn't deserve the suspension despite how borderline dirty it was because it wasn't a clothesline (1-game) and still wasn't as bad as a nut grab ($10K)...

Winnipeg_Spur
06-19-2006, 02:21 AM
"Josh Howard goes to Joe DeRosa and not only once, but twice asks for a timeout," referee Joe Crawford told a pool reporter. "Forced to call it, simple as that."

When told by a reporter what Crawford said, Howard became so agitated that he had to be taken out of the locker room to calm down. Cuban came in when Howard returned.

"It's common sense -- what would I tell him timeout for?" Howard said after gathering his emotions.
I thought he pretty clearly signalled timeout, so I don't know what there is to cry about here. It's not the official's job to figure out why you're calling timeout, their job is if they see you call for it, to give it to you.

RonMexico
06-19-2006, 02:26 AM
I thought he pretty clearly signalled timeout, so I don't know what there is to cry about here. It's not the official's job to figure out why you're calling timeout, their job is if they see you call for it, to give it to you.

"You obviously haven't spent 20 or 30 years around the NBA...." -Avery

MissAllThat
06-19-2006, 02:27 AM
Where can I get some Mavs colored glasses like the ones Cuban, the Mavs, and their fans all must be wearing right now?

nbascribe
06-19-2006, 02:30 AM
Call 1-800-KISS MY ASS and I'm sure Mark will even autograph them for you....:lmao

RonMexico
06-19-2006, 02:31 AM
or online at freetickettoNBAFinals.com/screwjob/can'ttouchDirk.html

Obstructed_View
06-19-2006, 02:36 AM
It certainly isn't any fun playing against an opponent that accuses everyone under the sun of cheating after every single loss.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Man, I love seeing the Mavs lose like this

nbascribe
06-19-2006, 02:38 AM
It certainly isn't any fun playing against an opponent that accuses everyone under the sun of cheating after every single loss.

Dude this is the crap that is dealt with on this board. The Mavs blew TWO games with a chance to have three games and couldn't get it done. They lost leads and lost the game in the process.

Total professional choke artists.

Obstructed_View
06-19-2006, 03:04 AM
Dude this is the crap that is dealt with on this board. The Mavs blew TWO games with a chance to have three games and couldn't get it done. They lost leads and lost the game in the process.

Total professional choke artists.
It wouldn't be so bad but I don't remember the last time this team lost a game and was the least bit cordial about it. I caught a lot of flak last year for saying that I enjoy seeing the Mavericks lose more than I enjoy seeing the Spurs win. This is exactly why. The Mavericks are even making the Seahawks look classy.

RonMexico
06-19-2006, 03:07 AM
It wouldn't be so bad but I don't remember the last time this team lost a game and was the least bit cordial about it. I caught a lot of flak last year for saying that I enjoy seeing the Mavericks lose more than I enjoy seeing the Spurs win. This is exactly why. The Mavericks are even making the Seahawks look classy.

Seahawks definitely got screwed, though, because the benefit of replay is more prevalent in that sport... but that doesn't explain the stupid 2nd half turnovers or inability to stop the running game...

TheSanityAnnex
06-19-2006, 03:11 AM
. The Dallas owner also believes Wade fouled the Mavericks' Jason Terry before drawing the contact that led to his winning free throws with 1.9 seconds left.

I didn't think there was a foul here, but why didn't Jason Terry jump into them and draw contact? He had three guys in the air with his head fake and could have easily drawn a foul.

Obstructed_View
06-19-2006, 03:15 AM
Seahawks definitely got screwed, though, because the benefit of replay is more prevalent in that sport... but that doesn't explain the stupid 2nd half turnovers or inability to stop the running game...
It's conceivable that the Seahawks could have won had things gone the other way, but they had their chances and all the fans wanted to do was blame someone other than their team for the loss.

Seriously, the whole "everybody hates us" shit is getting old. Nobody outside of Dallas or Seattle gives a fucking shit about Dallas or Seattle. Mavs fans are downright hypocritical by now. They are actually complaining because Wade went to the line so much. Sports fans that think someone owes them something just for existing is annoying.

sabar
06-19-2006, 03:17 AM
Seahawks had some iffy calls but just like with Dallas, you have to blame yourself. Both games had really stupid moves by the losers, who go on and blame someone else.

RonMexico
06-19-2006, 03:22 AM
Yeah, I just liked the Seahawks game because in the NFL, it comes down to just one huge game (unlike 7 game series where there are alternating ups and downs)... some of the guffaws by the officials were on display on the biggest stage in America (Super Bowl) and has led to some review and potential reform in NFL officiating which I think is important because it seems like every receiver these days is Dirk Nowitzki (can't breathe near them or it's a flag) and the refs need to stop searching for calls... but Hasselback got rattled and they couldn't keep a drive going for the life of them in the 2nd half (again, though, karma came in the form of a motorcycle accident to none other than "Big Ben" - oh yeah, I hate the Steelers, btw)... oh yeah, and the Seahawks also have to pay licensing rights to A&M to use the term "12th Man" - double loss!!

Obstructed_View
06-19-2006, 03:26 AM
Yeah, I just liked the Seahawks game because in the NFL, it comes down to just one huge game (unlike 7 game series where there are alternating ups and downs)... some of the guffaws by the officials were on display on the biggest stage in America (Super Bowl) and has led to some review and potential reform in NFL officiating which I think is important because it seems like every receiver these days is Dirk Nowitzki (can't breathe near them or it's a flag) and the refs need to stop searching for calls... but Hasselback got rattled and they couldn't keep a drive going for the life of them in the 2nd half (again, though, karma came in the form of a motorcycle accident to none other than "Big Ben" - oh yeah, I hate the Steelers, btw)... oh yeah, and the Seahawks also have to pay licensing rights to A&M to use the term "12th Man" - double loss!!
You can't push off before you catch a pass. It's always been in the rulebook. I'm really sorry I brough this up, but it sort of proves my point.

RonMexico
06-19-2006, 03:32 AM
You can't push off before you catch a pass. It's always been in the rulebook. I'm really sorry I brough this up, but it sort of proves my point.

Oh yeah, you're right, so my Dirk analogy doesn't work because no one pushes off more than he does (except Michael Irvin)...

Doug Collins
06-19-2006, 03:45 AM
or online at freetickettoNBAFinals.com/screwjob/can'ttouchDirk.html

that link got redirected to www.xtremedonkeysex.com/celebrities/markcuban :spin

nbascribe
06-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Dayum the Seahawks? :lmao

Obstructed_View
06-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Oh yeah, you're right, so my Dirk analogy doesn't work because no one pushes off more than he does (except Michael Irvin)...Irvin pushed off, he just didn't do it right in front of the officials, and he didn't complain about it for five months after he got flagged for it. In fact, the only time I remember hearing him complain was after Deion beat him at his own game in San Francisco, and only then because Deion should have been flagged.

Okay that last sentence was incredibly biased.

We now return to our regularly scheduled thread: Dirk's tiny testosterone-free rasinette Eurogonads.

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 07:21 AM

Unwanted timeout sends Dallas tempers flaring
Associated Press
National Basketball Association News Wire

Funny shit. I wonder which one of the trolling Mavs fans in here is Cuban.

Wait, none of them is that immature.

Doug Collins
06-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Funny shit. I wonder which one of the trolling Mavs fans in here is Cuban.

Wait, none of them is that immature.

Cuban in here would be awesome. :fro

picnroll
06-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Suck it up Cuban you whiny bitch. You didn't hear Holt PMSing about the three uncalled fouls Dirk commited in the last 20 seconds of regulation in game 7.

1Parker1
06-19-2006, 07:56 AM
That game was bullshit. I feel for ya Mavs fans. When the same thing happened to the Spurs in the semi-finals, most of us felt that way too. However, difference is, Spurs after initially getting really pissed and irrate about the officiating went about and got on with their business. Mavs need to do the same. I still don't think Heat are the better team (just like I didn't really think the Mavs were better than the SPurs after that series was over :)) Unfortunately, NBA officiating is what it is, and guys like Wade, Lebron, Kobe etc. are going to get phantom calls all game long.

Taco
06-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Cuban, who was wearing the jersey of suspended forward Jerry Stackhouse, ran onto the court and screamed at official Joe DeRosa, then went to the scorer's table and stared down NBA commissioner David Stern and other league officials. Cuban then went up the tunnel toward their aisle and kept screaming and staring.

Why is this rich bit*h little punk allowed to run onto the court
Why is he allowed in the huddle

ducks
06-19-2006, 08:02 AM
spurs felt they were robbed in game 3 but spurs did nto let refs effect them after game 3
mavs are not doing that

ducks
06-19-2006, 08:02 AM

running on the court shoud result in being thrown out of the gym

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 08:03 AM
It's going to be even sweeter when the Mavs take games 6 an 7... :fro

Mavs<Spurs
06-19-2006, 08:05 AM
I know how Mavs fans feel and it is similar to how we feel.

Someone's perspective (ie their shades) determine how they view the game (fair or unfair; cost the Mavs the game or didn't).

In my view the foul was legitimate. A push in the middle of the back is more than sufficient to affect the shot and justify free throws. From what I have seen and heard, It seems like Howard did call timeout then.

Just my opinion.

1Parker1
06-19-2006, 08:13 AM
:lol By the way, Howard definitely called a TO, replays show he even started walking toward the bench after putting his hands up. Why else would Avery wave madly like that screaming, NO NO NO!! I don't get what Howard's excuse is for denying that he didn't call the TO.

ALVAREZ6
06-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Cuban <3 playing with buttholes

MAVS4LIFE
06-19-2006, 08:36 AM

maybe because his NUT$ are worth more than you. porbably cause he OWNS the team. Oh by the way, If he gets fined he can just throw the check on the floor in front of the commisioner. I think that all you Spurs fans are just hating because you have a mild case of sunburn from all that fishing. You have been fishing for 2 series now. You should want the West to remain dominant.

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 08:40 AM

Cuban said, "the error in my mind occurred before then."

Cuban has lots of errors with his mind...

leemajors
06-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Quote of the Day
"What am I saying to you right now, dog? Please, don't come off on me right now because I'm going to come off on you, and I'm not in a great mood right now. Get out of my face, man. Get out of my face."
-- Josh Howard when asked by Chris Sheridan to comment on his controversial timeout call.

pache100
06-19-2006, 08:53 AM
You should want the West to remain dominant.

I want to see Mark Cuban faint when they lose the next game. I want to see Avery cry. See the Mavs win? Not so much.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Quote of the Day
"What am I saying to you right now, dog? Please, don't come off on me right now because I'm going to come off on you, and I'm not in a great mood right now. Get out of my face, man. Get out of my face."
-- Josh Howard when asked by Chris Sheridan to comment on his controversial timeout call.

I saw part of Howard being interviewed (I guess before this happened)...I'm sure he was tired of being asked about it, because in the 2 min's I saw they asked him about 15 idiotic questions...

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I want to see Mark Cuban faint when they lose the next game. I want to see Avery cry. See the Mavs win? Not so much.

I can't wait to see this forum AFTER the Mavs win games 6 and 7... :lol

Hook Dem
06-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Still making predictions?.........some never learn! :lol

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 09:28 AM

I'll be the first one to congratulate you. Part of me wants the team that beat the Spurs to become the Champions...

and part of me feels it would be just desserts to lose to ticky-tack foul calls.

ducks
06-19-2006, 09:29 AM
see backvilotion thread

CUNBAN IS WRONG WITH THE BACKCOURT VILOTION

leemajors
06-19-2006, 09:29 AM
I saw part of Howard being interviewed (I guess before this happened)...I'm sure he was tired of being asked about it, because in the 2 min's I saw they asked him about 15 idiotic questions...

probably cause it wasn't the first time he had done something like that:

In college, on Feb. 24, 2002, Howard was with Wake Forest when he called a timeout he didn't have with 1.3 seconds left against Maryland. It was a technical foul, and Juan Dixon made 1 of 2 free throws to win the game.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Still making predictions?.........some never learn! :lol

Somebody has to be wrong and somebody has to be right...

Go back and look at all the Spurs game 7 predictions around here as an example :lol

I'll be the first one to congratulate you. Part of me wants the team that beat the Spurs to become the Champions...

and part of me feels it would be just desserts to lose to ticky-tack foul calls.

:fro

probably cause it wasn't the first time he had done something like that:

In college, on Feb. 24, 2002, Howard was with Wake Forest when he called a timeout he didn't have with 1.3 seconds left against Maryland. It was a technical foul, and Juan Dixon made 1 of 2 free throws to win the game.

Which has what to do with the repeated idiotic questions he got last night? :drunk

Josh Howard hasn't proven to be a knucklehead in 3 yrs in the NBA. 1 mistake doesn't mean jack...he went for 25 / 10 (including 5 offensive) last night and played with a tweaked ankle and hamstring in the 2nd half. He'll be fine...as will the Mavs...

picnroll
06-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Cuban: link (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/061906dnspomavsbriefs.1c2d0d0.html)

"My understanding from the rule book is when you catch the ball in the backcourt you have to be in the backcourt and catch it," Cuban said. "You can't be established in the frontcourt and then be jumping into the backcourt when you catch it. That's a backcourt violation at least in most high school leagues." :rollin

The dipshit doesn't even know NBA rules. Does this tool sit on the rules committee?

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Cuban: link (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/061906dnspomavsbriefs.1c2d0d0.html)

"My understanding from the rule book is when you catch the ball in the backcourt you have to be in the backcourt and catch it," Cuban said. "You can't be established in the frontcourt and then be jumping into the backcourt when you catch it. That's a backcourt violation at least in most high school leagues." :rollin

The dipshit doesn't even know NBA rules. Does this tool sit on the rules committee?

Don't you know? Mark Cuban writes the rules for the NBA now.

Obviously, he's correct, and the rulebook has a typo.

leemajors
06-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Which has what to do with the repeated idiotic questions he got last night? :drunk

Josh Howard hasn't proven to be a knucklehead in 3 yrs in the NBA. 1 mistake doesn't mean jack...he went for 25 / 10 (including 5 offensive) last night and played with a tweaked ankle and hamstring in the 2nd half. He'll be fine...as will the Mavs...

it simply means those questions will be asked, nothing more. on top of that, he only scored 6 points in the second half. when you make a boneheaded error like that and miss 2 free throws those questions are coming. i will give him props for hitting the podium after that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-19-2006, 10:00 AM
"You can't be established in the frontcourt, then jump into the backcourt," Cuban said after watching a replay. "My understanding from the rule book is, if you are going to catch the ball in the backcourt, you have to be in the backcourt to catch it. You can't be established into the backcourt after you catch it or that's a backcourt violation."

That's why you're an owner, and not a ref. Someone get this guy an updated book of rules.

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 10:06 AM
The question is did he establish himself in the frontcourt with the rock before going into the backcourt? Just because the rock can be thrown anywhere on the court, that doesn't mean that a player can take the ball into the backcourt after a throw-in. From the video I've seen, he caught the ball in mid-air after leaving his feet in the frontcourt and came down with it in the backcourt. So was he in the frontcourt when he was in the air?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2006, 10:14 AM
I think it's karma for all the calls against us in the semis.

1Parker1
06-19-2006, 10:29 AM
:lol WHen's Miami going to get their bad Karma then?

diego
06-19-2006, 10:35 AM
dont the mavs realize that bitching and whining isnt going to help their cause?? if im a ref/stern whatever, i'm cracking down hard on the immaturity, insolence, and lack of class these idiots are putting on display. where is the sportsmanship? mavs thought that by beating the spurs they are entitled to the championship, news flash bitches, youve got to compete against a team that has a superstar just as adept at drawing phantom fouls as yours!!!

:lol

i forgot to add, cuban is so concerned with the quality of the product, does he really think basketball fans want to watch his team bitch and moan all day? is that the culmination of a whole season of basketball?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2006, 10:48 AM
:lol WHen's Miami going to get their bad Karma then?
When we face the Pistons next year in the finals. That's when! :smokin

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 10:55 AM
it simply means those questions will be asked, nothing more. on top of that, he only scored 6 points in the second half. when you make a boneheaded error like that and miss 2 free throws those questions are coming. i will give him props for hitting the podium after that.

I'm sure those reporters didn't know jack about what happened in college...

He had a twisted ankle and tweaked hamstring in the 2nd half...I thought he fought thru it well and still got some key off reb's. He just didn't get all that many shots in the 2nd half...

1Parker1
06-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Howard was having a pretty good game before those two missed FT's and TO calling. Mavs need to call out a search warrant for Dirk if anything.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Howard was having a pretty good game before those two missed FT's and TO calling. Mavs need to call out a search warrant for Dirk if anything.

Dirk hit a clutch shot at the end of regulation, make a clutch pass to Damp out of a double team, and hit a TOUGH shot over Shaq in OT...

Not a great game, but he was there at the end...

1Parker1
06-19-2006, 11:27 AM
^You're right, I said it in another thread that Dirk came through in the end, however, he needs to play like that for 4 quarters if the Mavs have any chance at a comeback. Miami is playing him tough and the refs are letting them, Dirk needs to play more aggresively, not settle for jumpshots, and react quicker to the double teams.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Dirk hit a clutch shot at the end of regulation, make a clutch pass to Damp out of a double team, and hit a TOUGH shot over Shaq in OT...

Not a great game, but he was there at the end...

He needs to be there ALL GAME if they expect to win this series.

1Parker1
06-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Oh, and I still think Avery needs to go back to Harris off the bench and Griffin starting. That seemed to have worked out better for them in the first two games, I don't know why he switched.

boutons_
06-19-2006, 11:44 AM
MAVS4LIFE, another mushroom to IGNORE back into the horseshit.

the forum software just must have way to IGNORE easier than it does now

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 11:48 AM
He needs to be there ALL GAME if they expect to win this series.

He's fighting thru double (and triple) teams which is leaving things open for Terry and Howard.

Dirk doesn't have to score 35/game for the Mavs to win the series...

kalikot_boy_kr
06-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Re: Unwanted timeout sends Dallas tempers flaring

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't go nuts like this after a loss even if you think every call was wrong. Everyone from Cuban, AJ, Dirk, on down is talking like they are losing it. >>>no need the mavs to win this series..they are suck and fucky!!!

Leetonidas
06-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Man, after Josh Howard and the Mavs are 23-0 or whatever when he scores twenty or more, they've already dropped two of them in this series alone.

Cuban seriously needs to shut the fuck up already.

Mavs<Spurs
06-19-2006, 12:19 PM
The question is did he establish himself in the frontcourt with the rock before going into the backcourt? Just because the rock can be thrown anywhere on the court, that doesn't mean that a player can take the ball into the backcourt after a throw-in. From the video I've seen, he caught the ball in mid-air after leaving his feet in the frontcourt and came down with it in the backcourt. So was he in the frontcourt when he was in the air?

This is my question as well.

Boutons or AHF please address this rule.

During the final 2 minutes of the game or in overtime you can catch the ball in backcourt. But if you jump from the front court and catch the ball in midair and come down in the back court, is this not a violation (over and back)?

Are you not considered established wherever you jumped from?

CubanMustGo
06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Howard was having a pretty good game before those two missed FT's and TO calling.

Just like Phil Mickelson was having a pretty good US Open until he got to the 72nd hole :lol

Agreed that Cubes should put out the APB on Dirk's game, tho ...

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-19-2006, 01:20 PM
we have Home Court Advantage. so im pretty confident.

(i say that covering my ears waiting to get blasted for confidence in my team)

CubanMustGo
06-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Shouldn't that be home court AAdvantage?

Hey, no problem with you having confidence in your team. That's sort of the definition of being a fan.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 01:22 PM
This is my question as well.

Boutons or AHF please address this rule.

During the final 2 minutes of the game or in overtime you can catch the ball in backcourt. But if you jump from the front court and catch the ball in midair and come down in the back court, is this not a violation (over and back)?

I answered this in another thread. But here is why it's not a violation.

Frontcourt/backcourt status is not attained until a player with the ball has established a positive position in either half during (1) a jump ball, (2) a steal by a defensive player, or (3) a throw-in in the last two minutes of the fourth period and/or any overtime period.

td4mvp21
06-19-2006, 01:23 PM
I don't get why every Mavs player and even their coach denied them calling a time out. Josh Howard looked at the ref and signaled for TO. WHen you do that, THEY WILL CALL IT. As for the last play, Wade's arm got grabbed. Enough for them to call a foul? Who knows, my answer and every Mavs fan answer would be biased.

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 01:39 PM

It's time for someone's 15 minutes to end. What a fucking loon.

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 01:59 PM
I don't get why every Mavs player and even their coach denied them calling a time out. Josh Howard looked at the ref and signaled for TO. WHen you do that, THEY WILL CALL IT. As for the last play, Wade's arm got grabbed. Enough for them to call a foul? Who knows, my answer and every Mavs fan answer would be biased.

Dirk's arm was grabbed by Manu, too...

BigBinBigD
06-20-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm a huge Mavs fan but I gotta say I'm embarrassed by this whole thing. From Avery, to Cuban, to Dirk. I remember a few weeks ago when a picture of Bowen fouling Dirk (not called) was posted here. They missed it. It happens. They miss calls. That foul call for Wade with 2 seconds was B.S. They missed it. It happens.

Was that the reason the Mavs lost? HELL NO! I wish everyone who's a Mav fan would just STFU and focus on game 6. They lost cuz they couldn't get any stops or decent shots at the end of the game(s). STFU and get on with the series!!

That is all.

redskinfan
06-20-2006, 06:43 PM
I just rubbed my belly and asked that if or when the Mavs lose they will stop making excuses and give some credit. Everytime they lose its because they got screwed ie;bearhug, suspensions(quit playing thuggish) and free throws.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2006, 06:47 PM

Nope, not until you have the ball in your hands. The refs made the call correctly, despite what asshat owners would have you believe.

Obstructed_View
06-20-2006, 06:48 PM
In the air would by definition be "not established" people. Fuck.