PDA

View Full Version : Hey Softballers

T Park
06-19-2006, 03:11 AM
Ill be setting up a Spurstalk team for the Fall2 league in November and December.

Was hoping we could just transfer the team now, over to that team, only difference I get to be on it :lol

Would everybody be interested? Im hoping so!! :)

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 04:38 AM
It is early to talk about what the team is going to do, but I would imagine that if we were to play again we would keep the team the same unless people dropped out.

Ginofan
06-19-2006, 07:26 AM
I'd be interested, but I'm a girl and usually getting girls to join the team is the hard part, not getting guys. Since we have extra guys on our team now, somone has to sit every game and rotate in...some people might not be too thrilled about that. Just something to think about.

TheTruth
06-19-2006, 10:49 AM
I'd rather not have you on the team. Thanks.

T Park
06-19-2006, 06:10 PM
No problem, don't join MY team.

Seeing as thats why I started the thread.

SpursWoman
06-19-2006, 06:12 PM
If you're planning on a *Spurstalk* team, though, you might want to work that out with Kori & LJ ... if we continue to play with the same team, I'm pretty sure we'd keep the same name...

*shrugs*

T Park
06-19-2006, 06:15 PM
well i was gonna foot the bill for the team entry fee i guess it is, i guess i was gonna volunteer that, i dont know who paid yours

but it was gonna be the same team, and i would just volunteer the entry fee and would LIKE to play.

TheTruth
06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
OH MY GOD???? T Park is gonna pay? T Park is using money to get people to play with him.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 06:21 PM
I'd rather pay own way and keep our team the same. I can tell you this, you're not forming your own team you're trying to become part of ours, and you're going about it in a really stupid way.

We can't be bought Tpark. The people here don't come with price tags.

TheTruth
06-19-2006, 06:25 PM
hey tpark, if you pay for my jersey, a new glove, and some cleats, I will play for YOUR team.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Maybe some people won't return to this team. Or if enough people want to play, we can make a Spurstalk.com II team. We will work it out. No reason for anyone's panties or feathers to get bunched or ruffled. :)

SpursWoman
06-19-2006, 06:26 PM
i dont know who paid yours

Well, I didn't put it on my Lonestar card. WTF? :lol

T Park
06-19-2006, 06:29 PM
i meant i dont know what the deal was, you all chipped in.

Sorry I offered.

I'd rather pay own way and keep our team the same. I can tell you this, you're not forming your own team you're trying to become part of ours, and you're going about it in a really stupid way.

We can't be bought Tpark. The people here don't come with price tags.

pardon the fuck out of me for offering to do something.

Fine fuck it.

I wont do it.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Man, you do this all the time. You try to buy people Tpark. You need to learn to be nice without throwing money around or lying about shit. The day you learn to stop being fake is the day people around here will have less of an issue with you.

Das Texan
06-19-2006, 06:30 PM
All I know is that if any openings come about on this team or a second team, I'm in.

Just keep that in mind.

Busters.

T Park
06-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Man, you do this all the time. You try to buy people Tpark. You need to learn to be nice without throwing money around or lying about shit. The day you learn to stop being fake is the day people around here will have less of an issue with you.

pardon me for offering to help.

Dont worry, i wouldn't DARE be on the team seeing as im not wanted.

You guys can keep your circle jerk to yourselves.

Fuck it.

I guess i was buying friends when i bought people i never met and never will tickets tot he playoffs.

Well once again, pardon me.

I wont DARE do anything nice again.

TheTruth
06-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I'd be open to playing a second day of the week...we could play on thursdays, and destroy my old HEB team.

TheTruth
06-19-2006, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with being on a team with you T Park, but you have been known to be a flake.

SpursWoman
06-19-2006, 06:39 PM
The Fall II league is also a 5 week, doubleheader league ... during the beginning of basketball season. I'm not sure if that would affect some people's ability to be there or not...

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 06:48 PM
The Fall II league is also a 5 week, doubleheader league ... during the beginning of basketball season. I'm not sure if that would affect some people's ability to be there or not...

That would be my hesitancy to play -- Spurs games.

T Park
06-19-2006, 06:50 PM
on sunday nights.

The Spurs rarely play sunday nights.

jman3000
06-19-2006, 06:50 PM
All I know is that if any openings come about on this team or a second team, I'm in.

Just keep that in mind.

Busters.

Those are pretty much my sentiments as well.

T Park
06-19-2006, 06:51 PM
but you have been known to be a flake

wtf are you talking about.

SequSpur
06-19-2006, 10:22 PM
dude offers to sponsor and u act like your fuckin roger clemens. tpark, get an all mens team and you'll have plenty of dudes. coed sucks anyway.

SA Gunslinger
06-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Props TPark for sponsoring a team.

It's better than being sponsored by an adult video store and being called the "X-Men" which was the last team I played on several years ago.

T Park
06-19-2006, 10:49 PM
i didnt know i was sponsoring, but i just offered to pay the team entrant fee.

I thought it would be a nice gesture.

apparently im an asshole for such a thing.

tlongII
06-19-2006, 10:53 PM
i didnt know i was sponsoring, but i just offered to pay the team entrant fee.

I thought it would be a nice gesture.

apparently im an asshole for such a thing.

Why aren't you sponsoring the team T Park? You cheap bastard!

:madrun

SequSpur
06-19-2006, 11:09 PM
it is a cool gesture. you would basically be sponsoring it if you paid.

coed is a pain in the ass because of the chix element and the bs rules and switchin balls and sheyitt.

do it. just go with it, there will be enough.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Man, everyone can bash me if you want, but at least I call it like I see it. Tpark does things with his money to get people to like him. He's quick to do things like that. I feel bad that people take advantadge of him in that manner but I think its even worse that Tpark thinks people can be purchased.

And thats totally disregarding what I feel are blatent lies Tpark has told. I'm not the only one that feels that way, but no one else says anything.

And there are reasons people get shit on this board. Nobody gives people like Veronica or Kris shit. Thats because those are the people that are never assholes. When you're an asshole, be prepared to get shit back from people. I get plenty of shit from people because I'm a dick a lot of the time, but I'm not going to cry and act like people have wronged me while I'm trying to make such a grand gesture. Give me a fucking break. There's a reason Matthew said what he said, and there's a reason people laughed about it in other theards.

tlongII
06-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Unlike Manny, I can be bought. Send me money and I will be your friend.

:bling

SequSpur
06-19-2006, 11:21 PM
some people have resources ($) and some don't. what is wrong with tpark or anybody else wanting to sponsor a team and play?

Is training camp required or what?

You all are offended by dude wanting to play and be called spurstalk. :lol

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 11:28 PM
some people have resources ($) and some don't. what is wrong with tpark or anybody else wanting to sponsor a team and play?

Is training camp required or what?

You all are offended by dude wanting to play and be called spurstalk. :lolNo one was offended by him wanting to play. I personally dont' want to play with him, Matthew said as much. Mandy said she'd be down with it so apparently there are people that don't care.

Its not about how good anyone is. I fucking suck. I struck out and I missed a grounder and I'm generally the worst male on the team.

What is fucked, is once he met resistance, he backs up into the old "Oh I was going to pay" card. It's a god damn Tpark special. Whenever he wants someone to like him, he buys them a jersey, tickets, or whatever the like is. Why can't Tpark just be cool with people instead of trying to buy them?

SequSpur
06-19-2006, 11:36 PM
tpark has money. he is being unselfish, maybe he needs some more writeoffs etc. most softball teams are sponsored.

you could be called the carnie and the bearded ladies. :lmao

tlongII
06-19-2006, 11:38 PM
No one was offended by him wanting to play. I personally dont' want to play with him, Matthew said as much. Mandy said she'd be down with it so apparently there are people that don't care.

Its not about how good anyone is. I fucking suck. I struck out and I missed a grounder and I'm generally the worst male on the team.

What is fucked, is once he met resistance, he backs up into the old "Oh I was going to pay" card. It's a god damn Tpark special. Whenever he wants someone to like him, he buys them a jersey, tickets, or whatever the like is. Why can't Tpark just be cool with people instead of trying to buy them?

Because then you guys would get a lot less free stuff! DUHHH!!!

T Park
06-20-2006, 12:21 AM
dont worry about it manny

offer rescinded.

Wouldn't want to play with me? No problem.

I see how it is.

But its typical, i try to extend the olive branch and have it shoved back in my face.

Silly me for offering to help or do something cool.

No problem.

jcrod
06-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Tpark you do always jump in and try to buy people, well at least thats the way it comes out looking.

Just make a post saying you want to play softball, you can also put you name with Ancira and they'll find you a team.

^^^Nevermind don't read my post, I don't want to be accussed of critizing. When all I'm doing is offering advise and helpful hints on what I experinced being a first timer.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 12:32 AM
http://www.londonstimes.us/toons/cartoons/timharries_martyr.gif

If you want to do something, do it, but don't use me as an excuse for not doing it. Man, sometimes you're worse than a 14 year old boy who listens to too much Emo.

jcrod
06-20-2006, 12:36 AM
If you're real serious about playing, like I said you can put your name out there and someone will pick you up.

http://www.theparkonline.com/Main_Join_Team.html

T Park
06-20-2006, 12:48 AM
i was hoping to play with FRIENDS.

But apparently they arent.

So why play.

Its cool.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Uh, Matthew and I were the only ones who said we woudln't play with you. I know you're trying hard to make yourself a sad victim here but give me a break.

http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0098-0510-0315-4156_SM.jpg

T Park
06-20-2006, 01:01 AM
no i thought you guys were friends.

Really did.

Dont know what I did to say or do to you guys that wouldnt want to play with me, but its fine.

Pull the superior bullshit all you want and insult me all that you do.

Your good at it.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Whatever dude. If you want to play, start your team.

No problem, don't join MY team.

Seeing as thats why I started the thread.

You always do this, you pull out the crybaby card. If you want to play on YOUR team which is why you started this thread, then by all means do so. I don't like people trying to buy my friendship, I don't like people who are pathological liars, and I don't like people who toss out inults and then want to act like a baby when the tables are turned. I didn't come in this thread to insult you and I haven't insulted you. You do things which annoy a lot of people, but no one ever says anything. Well, I do.

Kori and LJ are probably the most unselfish people I have ever met and they've never gone about it in the same way as you. Mandy has gotten me anything from Lunch to Spurs tickets to Jack Daniels and she's never gone about it the way you do. And I'm sure I could keep going down the list.

Don't try to buy people. Unselfishness is not when you give people something with a motive or an agenda.

T Park
06-20-2006, 01:12 AM
This was all without agenda or motive.

It was in hope, that i could help the fellow spurstalkers out, and do something in good nature.

But as usual, leave it to you, and the rest of this sight to look at it in a negative light.

Take it the wrong way.

So once again, I apologize for wanting to play on the team, and offer to pay the entrant fee.

Dont worry, giving my tickets away and helping people go to games also wont happen again, because, you know, im just buying friends doing that.

I don't like people trying to buy my friendship

Wasn't trying to.

But be high and mighty and read into everything you want.

Glad once agian, you look at it like that.

Fuck off, and fuck everyone else at this pathetic place.

NorCal510
06-20-2006, 01:17 AM
And how in the hell do you guys (Manny, TPark) get along at GTG's ?

Crazy shit

jman3000
06-20-2006, 01:21 AM
The Spurs mend all wounds.

Milf Hunter
06-20-2006, 01:43 AM
I am horny for a good MILF!

Drill Instructor
06-20-2006, 02:05 AM
I don't get how TPark gets all this money if he operates a ferris wheel...

Private T Park is the fucking ferris wheel!!
The kids ride him!!

Thing is, you never seen them kids come back down once they reached his lips!!

Private TPark will either buy you or bite you!

Private TPark, Just what is your excuse fat body?!!
Did you ever have any customers that fucking lived?!!

kris
06-20-2006, 02:45 AM
Tpark, I will play on your team.

There's nothing wrong with fronting money. Sometimes you have to do it when you want to start a sports team whether you intend to or not. I did it when I formed my basketball team. Getting 10 people to do anything together and having it work over a month is really hard and since there is already a ST 1 team, I think you would need incentive to do it, but I'll pay my dividends, it's no big deal.

I think I could get my sister too - she is super athletic, but I don't know if she can hit a softball worth a damn. But we'll form a team. I know some other people that can really play. Plus, maybe Veronica will play with us. She looks like she could be an athletic type and flexible.

By the way in response to Manny, Jcrod, and anyone else that thinks he is trying to buy friends, Tpark was really wanting to play softball and was sad he couldn't because of work. As soon as I got online yesterday he asked me how the team did and said how fun it would be to be playing softball with us. He did the same thing after one of our first practices. I think he just really wanted to play softball.

And I wouldn't want to be a free agent either and go to some mystery team. That 95% of the time will suck.

So the team is on Tpark, I don't care if I have to go downtown and tear bums away from their aluminum cans and shopping carts and make them scribe their X to the form, we'll have us some double headers.

T Park
06-20-2006, 02:53 AM
That means alot Kris.

iminlakerland
06-20-2006, 02:56 AM
random question...i've been trying to find a fast pitch softball league out here in cali, and i was wondering do you guys have rec leagues out there that are fast pitch?

Kori Ellis
06-20-2006, 02:58 AM
A lot of people were ultra bitches in this thread.

First of all, I doubt all 14 members of the current SpursTalk team would return for a Fall team. So for TPark to initially suggest having the same team (plus him) wasn't an outlandish thought.

Secondly, TPark had already told me last night that if people didn't want to front money in the Fall again that he'd be willing to pitch in more or pay the fee because he really wanted to play in the Fall. He wasn't trying to buy anyone. He just thought people might be more apt to join if they didn't have to shell out the cash.

Next, suggesting that TPark become a free agent and join a random team of the street is utterly ridiculous when there's a forum right here of tons of people who want to play.

I know sometimes some people think it's cool to be an asshole or mean, but y'all are way out of line in this thread.

I thought when I posted here earlier today that said we'd do what we needed to do -- have TPark join the current team if someone dropped out, or start a SpursTalk II team or something than that would be the end of that. But you guys piled on like a bunch of assholes. I'm embarrassed for you. And y'all should be embarrassed for yourselves.

kris
06-20-2006, 03:00 AM
I think Jman30000 and Please Ban Me wanted to play too.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 03:05 AM
Well, I'm glad your embarrased for me Kori. People say things all the time about Tpark spends his money and the way it comes across, but apparently because I was blunt and upfront with I should be emberrased?

Fuck that.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2006, 03:10 AM
Well, I'm glad your embarrased for me Kori. People say things all the time about Tpark spends his money and the way it comes across, but apparently because I was blunt and upfront with I should be emberrased?

Fuck that.

No you should be embarrassed for being an asshole to someone when you were so wrong on their intentions. But if you aren't. That's cool. You are the most overconfident person I've ever met -- so I wouldn't doubt that you aren't fazed.

He had already talked with me about it yesterday. I said a lot of people might not stay because it was Spurs season, people were back in school, they might not want to pay the money again. He said if it would help get people to stay in, he'd be willing to pay the fee.

There was no intention to buy friends as you repeatedly accused him of in this thread.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2006, 03:16 AM
I don't think anyone is arguing about softball.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 03:16 AM
This is not an isolated incident. This isn't the first time. Why woudl Tpark be concerned with the money last night in the first place? It is the same thing over and over again.

You know, what really gets me is how different peopel talk about this outside of the forum. Its night and day.

I'll let it lie, because it really shouldn't be any of my business what Tpark wants to do with his money if it has nothing to do with me. But people would be doing Tpark a favor to be honest with him.

kris
06-20-2006, 03:17 AM
:lmao

And you say volleyball is a women's sport? You guys are arguing about softball!

Softball is a girls sport. I definitely have to give you that one. Both are fun though.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2006, 03:21 AM
This is not an isolated incident. This isn't the first time. Why woudl Tpark be concerned with the money last night in the first place? It is the same thing over and over again.

You know, what really gets me is how different peopel talk about this outside of the forum. Its night and day.

I'll let it lie, because it really shouldn't be any of my business what Tpark wants to do with his money if it has nothing to do with me. But people would be doing Tpark a favor to be honest with him.

This is not an isolated incident.

But this is this situation. And in this situation, you are wrong. He was just trying to rally interest in a Fall team. I told him there might not be a lot of interested because it's five weeks of double headers, people might not want to pay again, and it's Spurs season. He said he would be willing to pay the league fee to get people interested. It would be the same as a business sponsor our team (which people here tried to think of a business to do when we first started up the team).

Do I think TPark throws his money around too much sometimes? Sure, especially regarding girls. And I've told him that to his face. So don't sit here and insinuate I'm being two-faced to him.

You were overboard in this thread and off base.

Melmart1
06-20-2006, 03:21 AM
I have not hit a softball in years, but depending on my work situation (I should be in town permanantly), I may just play if you need another girl. I will get to some batting cages over the summer and if I am halfways decent and you have a vacancy, I am your girl. Big IF on the halfways decent, though :lol

kris
06-20-2006, 03:36 AM

Who in the world doesn't want to be well liked, respected, endeared? I know Tpark loves the company of a lot of the people that have been to the get togethers. He doesn't have to pay anything to me, I already like him because he's friendly, complimentary, easy going, and enjoys a good laugh --- in person.

On the board, I've seen him be bitchy, rude, obnoxious, wishy-washy, and whatever else. But, I've been the same exact thing. I don't really count want anybody writes on here anyways, so it doesn't mean a damn thing to me when I meet them and they are cool.

And let's say hypothetically that Tpark out and out tries to "buy" friends. Just say that's a given. What the hell is wrong with that?

The guy wants friends. He tries to be friendly with people and spot them Spurs tickets.

So maybe he's going about it the wrong way (or the right way if you're the guy buying everybody drinks at the bar), but he's trying. Maybe his misguided. But even if you say all that is true 100% of the time, why are you going to bust his balls on it?

The guy is just trying to be friendly.

You paid for my softball machine pitch. I didn't do anything to deserve that. I didn't ask you. You just did. I thought it was a nice gesture.

You're seeing this much to cynically. Take it for face value.

There's this guy P and he's trying to make a softball team. P is willing to front money so the team will actually form and he can play with people he knows. P thinks it would be really fun.

That's all it is.

Sgt. Toomey
06-20-2006, 03:49 AM
T Park trying to buy friends again?

T Park would need three promotions to get to be an asshole.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2006, 03:56 AM
Ehh...

This thread is useless now.

Yes, we will form some SpursTalk softball team(s) in the Fall. We will add players to the existing team if people drop out. And we will have a second team.

Thanks for participating.