PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about game(s) 6 (and 7)....

GrandeDavid
06-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Okay, I'm curious to know your thoughts on these questions, especially since I have not seen one game in this Finals series:

1. Will the Heat win either game 6 or 7? If so, which game and by how much?

2. As a heartbroken (or mad) Spurs fan, would you enjoy seeing Dallas lose this series, even having Mark Cuban's mouth shut? Or are you on that "Texas team's should win" bandwagon?

3. Is Dwayne Wade's performance, both statistically and for practical purposes, one of the greatest performances in NBA Finals history? If he puts up similar numbers in game 6 or 7 to win the series, will it be the greatest, most clutch ever?

4. Is there anything Dallas can do differently to change the momentum quickly in this series, or are they just mismatched at any key positions or just snakebitten?

exstatic
06-19-2006, 07:42 AM
2. As a heartbroken (or mad) Spurs fan, would you enjoy seeing Dallas lose this series, even having Mark Cuban's mouth shut? Or are you on that "Texas team's should win" bandwagon?
2. Hell yes. Hello no.

SenorSpur
06-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Okay, I'm curious to know your thoughts on these questions, especially since I have not seen one game in this Finals series:

1. Will the Heat win either game 6 or 7? If so, which game and by how much??
Game 7

Hell Yes and hell NO!

3. Is Dwayne Wade's performance, both statistically and for practical purposes, one of the greatest performances in NBA Finals history? If he puts up similar numbers in game 6 or 7 to win the series, will it be the greatest, most clutch ever?
Absolutetly

4. Is there anything Dallas can do differently to change the momentum quickly in this series, or are they just mismatched at any key positions or just snakebitten?
Not, snakebitten.

For what it's worth, Dallas had better win it all this year, because next year they won't make it back.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 09:41 AM
1. Neither
2. Doesn't apply
3. Wade has been awesome in 4th quarters especially, but he won't get all the calls in Dallas...that's just the way the NBA is. If he does play well and Dallas wins the last 2, could the MVP be from the losing team??
4. I still don't see Miami winning in Dallas... :Fro

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 10:10 AM
1. Heat will either Win Game 6, or Lose Game 7. (How's that for a ballsy prediction) :rolleyes If they win Game 6, it will be by 3 or less points.

2. Mark Cuban is the number 1, no, the only reason I've started rooting for the Heat. Honestly, I've ignored him for as long as I can, but his comments about "changing the game of basketball to the better" pushed me over the edge. Other than Mark, I could root for Dallas.

3. If Dwyane puts up 30-40 pts in Game 6, won't that be an NBA record?

4. Dallas needs to go back to taking Shaq out of the Game like they were in Games 1 and 2. Thing is, Wade is so hot right now, it may not make a difference. If Wade cools off, though, watch out - momentum shifts to Dallas.

The fact Dallas resorted to Hack-A-Shaq with the lead in Game 5 does not inspire confidence, however.

Oh, and Leonard, didn't Jerry West win the MVP in 1969 for the Lakers, even though they lost to the Celtics?

If Dirk does not have the best game of the Mavs in Game 6 or 7, and the Mavs still win, (unlikely event), then I can see MVP to Wade if he continues to score 30+ pts.

But, most likely, a Dallas win = Dirk's first Finals MVP.

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 10:12 AM
NBA Forum

GrandeDavid
06-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Sparky, I'm a very busy person and, honestly, pasted this on the fly. I erred in posting this under the Spurs threat. My bad. Why don't you do us a favor and have this transferred to the NBA Forum before somebody gets emotionally distraught. Thanks! ;)

Otherwise, do you have any thought to add to this thread?

davi78239
06-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Here's my prediction. I say Dallas wins game 6 by 10+ blowing open in the ladder part of the 4th. Game 7 will go down to the wire and I'd have to go with Dallas due to homecourt advantage.

GrandeDavid
06-19-2006, 11:46 AM
I think Dallas will probably pull this out as well.

boutons_
06-19-2006, 12:36 PM
I can't imagine the Heat winning in Dallas, but nor would I have imagined the Heat taking 3 straight in Miami.

Obvious that to get that Championship W in Dallas, Shaq and Wade need to have big games, and a 3rd guy must have a career night, like Williams did in the last game vs Pistons. He's due, as is Walker.

Darrin
06-19-2006, 12:50 PM

This is a one-game series. It's always possible because game seven has to be played, but the likelihood of the Heat winning this series if they lose game seven goes from 60% winning it in game six to 15% in game seven.

In similar situations, we have seen teams pull out of a series hole in these playoffs.

N/A. I've been rooting for Dallas, but I don't really give a damn about who wins this series.

Hell and No. Dwyane Wade was non-existent in games one and two in Dallas. He shot 25 foul shots on Sunday. When I saw that number, I thought it was FOR THE SERIES. That makes up 21 of his 43 points. In other words, he shot .390 from the field and managed to score over 40.

Some perspective on that number:

Active Career leaders in FTA (career high):
1. Shaquille O'Neal (39)
2. Allen Iverson (27)
3. Alonzo Mourning (24)
4. Kobe Bryant (26)
5. Jerry Stackhouse (21)

Those 5 men split 4,238 games. 8 of those games they have had as many free throw attempts as Dwyane Wade. This includes the regular season and playoffs.

No. They just need to play like they did for the rest of this series. Shoot the ball well, play defense, and hope to Christ that the NBA referees layoff the whistle. The Mavs have the recipe to beat this team.

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Hell and No. Dwyane Wade was non-existent in games one and two in Dallas. He shot 25 foul shots on Sunday. When I saw that number, I thought it was FOR THE SERIES. That makes up 21 of his 43 points. In other words, he shot .390 from the field and managed to score over 40.

Some perspective on that number:

Active Career leaders in FTA (career high):
1. Shaquille O'Neal (39)
2. Allen Iverson (27)
3. Alonzo Mourning (24)
4. Kobe Bryant (26)
5. Jerry Stackhouse (21)

Wade is avg. 34.4 pts in the Finals, and shooting 45% FG. His FT % is actually not great, 77.6%.

But what makes Wade clutch, is he's scoring most of his points in the 4th Quarter. He's practically single-handedly destroying the Mavs, and that's not something you see everyday.

The 39% FG is also an anomaly. In game 3, he had 42 pts, 53% FG, with only 13 pts from FTs.

Game 4, 36 pts, 56% shooting, 8 of 9 FTs.

We'll see how Wade does Game 6, but I'll be very surprised if he scores less than 30.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Just watch the press clippings the next two days.

If Avery, Puban, and the players are still whining about the officiating late today and into tomorrow, Miami ends it game 6.

Oh, Gee!!
06-19-2006, 01:13 PM

If you're going to lose, you should lose to the best. That's pretty much why I'm for the Mavs, as well as the fact that AJ is one of my all-time favorite Spurs.

pache100
06-19-2006, 01:14 PM

I sure hope the Heat finish it off tomorrow night. Do I think they CAN do it? Absolutely. Do I think they WILL do it? Who knows. It depends on them and the forces against them.

Nah, no "Texas teams should win bandwagon" thing for me. I don't like the Mavs for a myriad of reasons. I don't like the Texans, either. And I cringed when I heard someone say before the 1999 election, "I want George Bush to win; it'll be good to see a Texan in the White House again." WHAT?!?!?!?! The last Texan in the White House wasn't so good for us, and this one is worse! Getting back to the Mavs...I want to see Mark Cuban brought to his knees...and I want to see Avery Johnson cry. And, after last night, I'd like to see Dirk get some of his own medicine...oh, that's right! He already did!!!! What a whining, crying, kicking, screaming, baby! I didn't have much respect for him before last night, but now I have absolutely NONE. Grow up Dirk!

I don't know about DWade's performance in this series being "one of the greatest in NBA Finals history". He's scary good. And he's gonna BE somebody. But, nah...not yet. I just want him to be good enough to beat the Mavs one more time.

They sure as shootin' fell apart last night. I've seen worse, but not lately. I think they need to shut their owner the hell up, that would help them more than anything. I'm sick of his running to the league shit. I don't think the mismatches hurt Dallas as badly as they do other teams. Someone (may have been timvp) said on here that the first team to play "lockdown defense" against the Mavericks would be the ones who could beat them. Well, sir, the Heat played lockdown defense last night. They shut dallas down. If they do that again, they will sneak out the back door with the Larry O'Brien trophy. If not, it's a toss-up.

kalikot_boy_kr
06-19-2006, 01:15 PM
:elephant CONFIRM: DIRKY NOWITSKY SUSPENDED FOR GAME 6....GOOD! GREAT! NICE!!! GO HEAT!

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Is it just me, or is Dallas missing shots they hit against SA?

I mean, I know the Heat are playing good D, but it seems that Dallas's shots are not falling as easily as well, even open shots.

pache100
06-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Just watch the press clippings the next two days.

If Avery, Puban, and the players are still whining about the officiating late today and into tomorrow, Miami ends it game 6.

Are you sure? Because in the past (even the recent past) that has worked miracles in their favor/against their opponent (witness the Spurs/Mavs series and the Suns/Mavs series, both of which turned in the Mavs' favor after Cuban bitch-whined to Stern/Jackson/the league/the referees). The whining and bitching seems to help them more than anyone else.

pache100
06-19-2006, 01:36 PM
:elephant CONFIRM: DIRKY NOWITSKY SUSPENDED FOR GAME 6....

No. Haven't heard anything like that.