PDA

View Full Version : Phil blows the US Open

Jimcs50
06-19-2006, 08:16 AM
I can not understand how Mickelson could have hit the driver on 18, when he had hit only 2 fairways all day, and all he needed was a par to win the 3rd straight major for him. I overheard his conversation with his caddie Romeo, though.

Phil: Give me the Big Dog, Romeo.

Romeo: You do not need the driver, hit the 3 iron.

Phil: I can birdie and win by 2 with the driver.

Romeo: Par wins the Open, do not need birdie, hit the 3 iron.

Phil: This is everything, ain't it? This is the choice it comes down to -- this is our immortality. This is my defining moment.

Romeo: You don't need to be thinking immortality -- you need to be thinking hit the 3 iron!

Phil hits into trees on left with driver.

Romeo: Now THAT was a defining moment. And the definition was "shit."

Phil: If I had it to do all over again, I'd still hit that shot.

Romeo: Man, you'd bury yourself alive just to prove you could handle the shovel.

:)

pache100
06-19-2006, 08:20 AM
I saw two of the absolute worst displays of poor sportsmanship I have ever witnessed yesterday...Phil Mickelson and Dirk Nowitsky. No wonder people get turned off on professional sports. Two temper tantrums in one day in front of international media...wow.

samikeyp
06-19-2006, 08:41 AM
^^^Good post. :tu

leemajors
06-19-2006, 09:24 AM
i can't believe he didn't punch out into the fairway on his second shot.

Spurologist
06-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Anyone care to give him Josh Howard's number. It's times like these where people need to get together.

T
H
E
R
A
P
Y

Betsy
06-19-2006, 04:27 PM
I can not understand how Mickelson could have hit the driver on 18, when he had hit only 2 fairways all day, and all he needed was a par to win the 3rd straight major for him. I overheard his conversation with his caddie Romeo, though.

Phil: Give me the Big Dog, Romeo.

Romeo: You do not need the driver, hit the 3 iron.

Phil: I can birdie and win by 2 with the driver.

Romeo: Par wins the Open, do not need birdie, hit the 3 iron.

Phil: This is everything, ain't it? This is the choice it comes down to -- this is our immortality. This is my defining moment.

Romeo: You don't need to be thinking immortality -- you need to be thinking hit the 3 iron!

Phil hits into trees on left with driver.

Romeo: Now THAT was a defining moment. And the definition was "shit."

Phil: If I had it to do all over again, I'd still hit that shot.

Romeo: Man, you'd bury yourself alive just to prove you could handle the shovel.

:)

Good one Jim....I wanted Phil to win but it seems he would rather lose it.