PDA

View Full Version : Kori, please answer the rule question about backcourt.

Mavs<Spurs
06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Kori,

Please answer the rule question about backcourt.

I know that in the final two minutes of the 4th quarter and in overtime you are allowed to throw the ball into backcourt from wherever.

However, if you jump from the frontcourt and catch it in mid air and then land in the back court, is this not a violation of the over and back rule?

Did Wade do this?

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 12:29 PM
no offense, but you start alot of bullshit threads

Shank
06-19-2006, 12:30 PM
I think the greyness lies in whether Wade was already established in the front court before moving to the back. We've all read what the rule is, but that doesn't remark as to whether or not Wade had made himself a player in the front court before moving to the back. There is one very Zapruder-esque photo that shows Wade's toe down in the front just as he's leaping to the back.

But really, what can you do? It's not going to change just like the 4.3 seconds lost in Game 3 are never going to come back. It is what it is and all you can do is suck it up and move on.

Mavs<Spurs
06-19-2006, 12:33 PM
no offense, but you start alot of bullshit threads

No offense taken.

I wanted an answer to the question. No one else has answered it yet and I think Sparky might have also been interested in the answer to this question.

I am not putting a gun to your head and saying you must read them.
So, don't.

Mavs<Spurs
06-19-2006, 12:37 PM
I think the greyness lies in whether Wade was already established in the front court before moving to the back. We've all read what the rule is, but that doesn't remark as to whether or not Wade had made himself a player in the front court before moving to the back. There is one very Zapruder-esque photo that shows Wade's toe down in the front just as he's leaping to the back.

But really, what can you do? It's not going to change just like the 4.3 seconds lost in Game 3 are never going to come back. It is what it is and all you can do is suck it up and move on.

True.

It's just that I thought it appears to be unfair to Mavs.

But like you say, it is what it is.

Mavs have 2 games at home. Momentum does follow the home team. It isn't impossible for Mavs to win both those games (just slightly improbable)

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 12:39 PM
I think he caught it in the backcourt.

And in the last 2 minutes, you can do that. So no violation.

Mavs<Spurs
06-19-2006, 12:40 PM
I think he caught it in the backcourt.

And in the last 2 minutes, you can do that. So no violation.

thank you.