PDA

View Full Version : Anatomy of an NBA Fix

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Let's forget the bogus/inconsistent Stackhouse suspension. Forget the first 4 quarters of the game. Forget the first 3 quarters where the Heat took FOUR times as many free throws as the Mavs (36-9). Forget the 3rd quarter where the Heat got to the line 18 times to 0 for the Mavs. Forget that Wade took as many free throws as the entire Mavs team. Forget that the Heat, as a team, took twice as many free throws as the Mavs (49-25).

Just look at the final play. The game was completely stolen from the Mavs here.

1) On the inbounds, it should have clearly been an over-and-back violation on the Heat. You're allowed to catch the ball in the backcourt. But you must establish your position in the backcourt first. Wade did not. Wade jumped from the frontcourt (both feet in the frontcourt) into the backcourt and caught the ball in the MIDDLE of his freakin' jump. That's as easy to call as it gets. As Cuban said, that should be clear, at least to most high school referees. So the Mavs would have gotten the ball there with 9 or so seconds left. Heat would have had to foul. Mavs would have had a 2 or 3 point lead most likely.

2) As three Mavs defenders swarm on Wade on the perimeter, Wade shoves Jason Terry, a straight-arm basically, an obvious offensive foul. But ok, sometimes they don't call contact like that, even if it's obvious, they want the players to decide games.

3) But if that's the case how do you explain the foul on Wade with 1.9 seconds to go? Mavs defended it as perfectly as you can. They had 3-4 defenders on him, he fought his way through them all off-balance, threw up a weak shot off the backboard, Mavs get the rebound. They call a foul on Dirk. Replays showed the only contact from Dirk on Wade was his right hand resting on his back. There wasn't a shove, there wasn't any contact on the arms/hand/wrists, it was a no-call all the way.

4) With 1.9 seconds left, Mavs still have a chance even if Wade makes both. Only way to take away that chance is to take away the Mavs' final TO. Avery signals several times for a TO after the second free throw. Referees know Avery doesn't want a TO now. He's not an idiot. Even if you give the refs the break on this one and put it solely on Josh for signaling for a TO there, the fix was already in with the 3 previous blown calls.

Unbelievable.

NBA should be ashamed of themselves. The Mavs know they outplayed the Heat in that game. They had it flat-out stolen by the refs, no arguing it on this one. They had their chances to win, sure, they missed a shot here and a free throw or two there, but they so clearly outplayed the Heat in the first 4 quarters and then had it ripped away from them on that final play in OT. How can they possibly defend those first 3 calls they missed (the 1st one primarily since that one isn't subjective in the slightest)? There's no possible way it can be justified.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks alot Jon.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 01:27 PM
1) On the inbounds, it should have clearly been an over-and-back violation on the Heat. You're allowed to catch the ball in the backcourt. But you must establish your position in the backcourt first. Wade did not. Wade jumped from the frontcourt (both feet in the frontcourt) into the backcourt and caught the ball in the MIDDLE of his freakin' jump. That's as easy to call as it gets. As Cuban said, that should be clear, at least to most high school referees. So the Mavs would have gotten the ball there with 9 or so seconds left. Heat would have had to foul. Mavs would have had a 2 or 3 point lead most likely.

Wrong.

Frontcourt/backcourt status is not attained until a player with the ball has established a positive position in either half during (1) a jump ball, (2) a steal by a defensive player, or (3) a throw-in in the last two minutes of the fourth period and/or any overtime period.

Forward it to Cuban.

ChumpDumper
When I troll other boards, I use this name.

Trainwreck2100
This was originally posted this morning

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Said the Mavs who's defended the all the bullshit that went on in the Spurs series.

(That, and most of your points have been refuted elsewhere).

You'll get no sympathy from me. Go write your owner, Cuban, and tell him you liked the way basketball was being played before they started calling bullshit fouls in the Playoffs.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks alot Jon.

I thought maybe the mav fans who didnt see this at mavtalk would be interested.

Darrin
Yeah, I'll overlook the +41 free throw margin for the Heat in Miami.

Kori Ellis
4) With 1.9 seconds left, Mavs still have a chance even if Wade makes both. Only way to take away that chance is to take away the Mavs' final TO. Avery signals several times for a TO after the second free throw. Referees know Avery doesn't want a TO now. He's not an idiot. Even if you give the refs the break on this one and put it solely on Josh for signaling for a TO there, the fix was already in with the 3 previous blown calls.

I know what Avery was calling. The refs probably know what Avery was calling. But unfortunately, Josh Howard fucked up. He either didn't realize what Avery was calling (and by the initial look on his face, I don't think he did) or he didn't clearly express that to the refs. He asked for the timeout twice. The refs gave it to him.

LEONARD

2) As three Mavs defenders swarm on Wade on the perimeter, Wade shoves Jason Terry, a straight-arm basically, an obvious offensive foul. But ok, sometimes they don't call contact like that, even if it's obvious, they want the players to decide games.

3) But if that's the case how do you explain the foul on Wade with 1.9 seconds to go? Mavs defended it as perfectly as you can. They had 3-4 defenders on him, he fought his way through them all off-balance, threw up a weak shot off the backboard, Mavs get the rebound. They call a foul on Dirk. Replays showed the only contact from Dirk on Wade was his right hand resting on his back. There wasn't a shove, there wasn't any contact on the arms/hand/wrists, it was a no-call all the way.

Unbelievable.

NBA should be ashamed of themselves. The Mavs know they outplayed the Heat in that game. They had it flat-out stolen by the refs, no arguing it on this one. They had their chances to win, sure, they missed a shot here and a free throw or two there, but they so clearly outplayed the Heat in the first 4 quarters and then had it ripped away from them on that final play in OT. How can they possibly defend those first 3 calls they missed (the 1st one primarily since that one isn't subjective in the slightest)? There's no possible way it can be justified.

1. Definitely not worthy of an over and back call.
2. I thought the shove on JET was obvious too, but they're not going to call that.
3. Harris fouled Wade...CLEARLY!!
http://i5.tinypic.com/14vmbte.jpg
4. Avery / Howard F'd up

Anybody that believes in these "fixes" or "conspiracy theories" is an F'in MORON...

:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 01:30 PM
I thought maybe the mav fans who didnt see this at mavtalk would be interested.Since they all moved here, that's understandable.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 01:30 PM

The prob would have, it was linked in the Finals thread after all, it wasn't a very nice quote that they used as a lead in though.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 01:31 PM
I don't get what Mavs fans aren't getting about the over and back rule.

LOOK at what I posted. In the final 2 minutes of the 4th or OT, it doesn't matter where he jumped from. It matters ONLY where he landed with the ball. And that was clearly in the backcourt.

End of frickin' story.

SPARKY
Let's forget the bogus/inconsistent Stackhouse suspension. Forget the first 4 quarters of the game. Forget the first 3 quarters where the Heat took FOUR times as many free throws as the Mavs (36-9). Forget the 3rd quarter where the Heat got to the line 18 times to 0 for the Mavs. Forget that Wade took as many free throws as the entire Mavs team. Forget that the Heat, as a team, took twice as many free throws as the Mavs (49-25).

Not according to the NBA rule book. The rules have been changed for the last two minutes of halves and overtimes. A player hasn't established what half of the court he is in until he touches the rock and has both feet down.

For those of us who don't want to see 5 hour games due to a foul called on every single act of contact, that's immaterial.

Lower body contact and hits on his arm before he went up with the shot. I've seen far less contact put a Mav on the line.

Refs don't read minds. If Howard signalled and told the ref, that's all that is needed.

Unbelievable.

Mavs fans should be ashamed of themselves, their coach and their owner. That is all.

Darrin
And I'll overlook the fact that Dwyane Wade shot 21-25 from the free throw line in game 5, the same 21-25 the entire Dallas Mavericks shot from the free throw line in game five.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Since they all moved here, that's understandable.

I miss ponky

:depressed

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Anybody that believes in these "fixes" or "conspiracy theories" is an F'in MORON...

thats true. some players booty holes tighten up in the later stages of the game. No fixes thats what happened to the MAvs. Hopefully we'll take care at home.

LETS GO MAVS

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:33 PM
1. Definitely not worthy of an over and back call.
2. I thought the shove on JET was obvious too, but they're not going to call that.
3. Harris fouled Wade...CLEARLY!!
4. Avery / Howard F'd up

Dude, the pic you posted doesnt show anything, its not the right angle. All that shows is Harris reaching out toward Wade.

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 01:34 PM
And I'll overlook the fact that Dwyane Wade shot 21-25 from the free throw line in game 5, the same 21-25 the entire Dallas Mavericks shot from the free throw line in game five.

Just my observation, but during the 3rd quarter, the Mavs settled for jump shots.

Why has Dirk stopped driving to the basket? He's a great FT shooter, what is he scared of?

You have to give credit to Wade, who wants it more than any other player on the court. And it shows.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Dude, the pic you posted doesnt show anything, its not the right angle.

So Harris is NOT grabbing Wade's arm? :smokin

It's the only picture that IS the right angle that I've seen...

Darrin
06-19-2006, 01:35 PM
I'll ignore that Dwyane Wade shoots 43 free throws in the two games decided by a total of 3 points, while Dirk only takes 17.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 01:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Vladefan21/Miscellaneous/14vpao0.jpg

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 01:36 PM

That's cool.

But now go back to Mavtalk and post that you were clearly wrong about point number 1.

MadDog73
I'll ignore that Dwyane Wade shoots 43 free throws in the two games decided by 3 points or less, while Dirk only takes 17.

Again, Darrin, I didn't see Dirk driving as much as Wade.

Trainwreck2100
p.s. talk about going full circle I linked the picture from a Mavs board where it was posted by a Kings fan and apparently it was originally posted by none other than VF21.

LEONARD

Could also be a foul...

I think Harris grabbing Wade shooting arm is more obviously a foul...

Regardles, STFU about this Mavs fans!! :blah

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 01:37 PM
That's cool.

But now go back to Mavtalk and post that you were clearly wrong about point number 1.:lmao

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 01:38 PM
That's cool.

But now go back to Mavtalk and post that you were clearly wrong about point number 1.

Let's not go around telling Mavs fans what to do now, that's just mean.

Darrin
Just my observation, but during the 3rd quarter, the Mavs settled for jump shots.

Why has Dirk stopped driving to the basket? He's a great FT shooter, what is he scared of?

You have to give credit to Wade, who wants it more than any other player on the court. And it shows.

:jack

How many times has Miami fouled a Dallas jump-shooter to have a no-call? More times than I care to count.

Kori Ellis
:lmao

:lol

I realize that they didn't know the rule. And if I didn't know the rule and I were them, I would probably be whining too. But now that they know, it's cool to just say .. my bad, I didn't know the rule. And Cuban should be saying that too.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Here's what I think went on last night. I think that ever since Jordan retired, the NBA hasn't been the same. The NBA is trying to elevate DWade to icon status like Jordan once was, in order to sell tickets and market. What better way to do this than have him lead his team to victory in the finals.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Here's what I think went on last night. I think that ever since Jordan retired, the NBA hasn't been the same. The NBA is trying to elevate DWade to icon status like Jordan once was, in order to sell tickets and market. What better way to do this than have him lead his team to victory in the finals.

you = DIPSHIT

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 01:41 PM

Or how about just admitting that Dwyane owned the Mavs in the 4th/OT?! He obviously wanted to win and was doing anything he could to do that. He was frickin' relentless. Give him his due.

You can say all you want that the NBA is looking for another Jordan in LeBron, Wade or someone. But when a player comes out and does what they are supposed to do when it matters most, then give them their due.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Here's what I think is going on now.

Mavfan is whining.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:42 PM
you = DIPSHIT

You= suckup to spurs fans who are still pissed off

Hey, here's a hint, no matter how much you suck up to them they are never going to like you here. If you want to be liked go to mavstalk.

Kori Ellis

Hey, here's a hint, no matter how much you suck up to them they are never going to like you here. If you want to be liked go to mavstalk.

:blah :blah :blah

Did you admit you were wrong about point 1) yet?

Trainwreck2100

The same thing coud be said for Dirk and easily for Bron. Right now the NBA as a whole sucks, it's too inconcistent(sp?)

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Or how about just admitting that Dwyane owned the Mavs in the 4th/OT?! He obviously wanted to win and was doing anything he could to do that. He was frickin' relentless. Give him his due.

You can say all you want that the NBA is looking for another Jordan in LeBron, Wade or someone. But when a player comes out and does what they are supposed to do when it matters most, then give them their due.

Did he "own" the mavs in the 4th quarter with all those rediculous foul calls? At one point in the 4th there was absolutely no way to guard him, they were going to blow that damn whistle no matter what.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 01:43 PM
I am beginning to like LEONARD more with every post.

Shank is pretty good too.

Mavface100000000 is a reasonably polite homer.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:45 PM
:blah :blah :blah

Did you admit you were wrong about point 1) yet?

Ok, so i may be wrong on one point. I still believe that something wasn't right last night. I'm not the only one, alot of non spur/heat fans noticed the same thing.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 01:47 PM

LMAO...I don't give a flying F what anybody thinks about me...

I'm beyond beaten when it comes to people complaining about officiating...conspiracy theories...etc

MORONS

The Mavs F'd up WAY too many times to whine about a couple small things...

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 01:47 PM
I'd say a lot of things about LEONARD, but he's never struck me as a "suck-up". He just calls it as he sees it.

Your entitled to your opinion, 41, but we're entitled to rip it apart.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Ok, so i may be wrong on one point. I still believe that something wasn't right last night. I'm not the only one, alot of non spur/heat fans noticed the same thing.

May be?

It's a frickin' rule.

Cuban was going off about the rule but he was wrong about it.

I don't get why you can't just say -- oh, I didn't know the rule. You are right. No violation.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 01:48 PM

So Harris didn't grab Wade's arm while he was attempting the scoop?

Why would Howard walk to the bench is he WASN'T calling timeout?

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 01:49 PM

Well that's a nice little compromise, and believe we've all arrived at a "happy place" Let's all take five and get some coffee. Right now I'm pondering Ding How or Subway.

BigVee
06-19-2006, 01:49 PM

Dude, give it up. So you got screwed.....you now know exactly how I feel about the Spurs/ Mavs series. I hope you get screwed again Tues. And for good measure a couple of times next year.

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM

Hmmm, you mean like Piston fans? Yes, they seem very objective since most of them are rooting for the Mavs to win, and feel cheated themselves, even though they were clearly outplayed.

If Mavs deserve to win, they will win. It's really that simple.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
LMAO...I don't give a flying F what anybody thinks about me...

I'm beyond beaten when it comes to people complaining about officiating...conspiracy theories...etc

MORONS

The Mavs F'd up WAY too many times to whine about a couple small things...

Did Wade or did he not have a Free-Throw-A-Thon at the end of the 4th quarter? I know over half of those shouldn't have been called. It's impossible to play defense without a little contact. Basketball is SUPPOSED to be a contact sport.

1Parker1
06-19-2006, 01:51 PM
That was a tough break last night. If it were the Spurs (and it did happen to us when we played Dallas) I'd be pissed too. I'll agree that there were several, if not over half of the fouls called against you that were somewhat questionable. The FT differential is astronomical (even if you take out the 6 FT's Shaq got with Hack-a-Shaq). However, you guys still had a chance to win the game. Why didn't you? Howard missing TWO FT's, Dirk not showing up until the 4th, and the Mavs clearly missing Stackhouse hurt you more.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:52 PM
So Harris didn't grab Wade's arm while he was attempting the scoop?

Why would Howard walk to the bench is he WASN'T calling timeout?

Why would he walk to the bench to call a timeout? The refs weren't seated on our bench! He was double checking with avery to make sure he called it AFTER THE SECOND FREE THROW.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Did Wade or did he not have a Free-Throw-A-Thon at the end of the 4th quarter? I know over half of those shouldn't have been called. It's impossible to play defense without a little contact. Basketball is SUPPOSED to be a contact sport.Hey, Cuban bragged about being behind all the rule changes for perimeter players. Why do you hate him so?

MadDog73
Why would he walk to the bench to call a timeout? The refs weren't seated on our bench! He was double checking with avery to make sure he called it AFTER THE SECOND FREE THROW.

Was he signing the "T" as practice too? :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
Did Wade or did he not have a Free-Throw-A-Thon at the end of the 4th quarter? I know over half of those shouldn't have been called. It's impossible to play defense without a little contact. Basketball is SUPPOSED to be a contact sport.

He only had one FT in the last 2 and half minutes or so of the 4th.

He did, however, have four made FG's during that span.

That's why I'm saying to give him his due.

He was awesome when it mattered most.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:54 PM
clearly missing Stackhouse hurt you more.

Another reason the Mavs were screwed. But wait, that wasn't enough to finish the job. Holy shit, the mavs are about to win! Blow that damn whistle!!!!

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Why would he walk to the bench to call a timeout? The refs weren't seated on our bench! He was double checking with avery to make sure he called it AFTER THE SECOND FREE THROW.Yes, because the bench is obviously where players line up for a free throw.

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 01:55 PM

Hmmm, I remember Dirk and Terry missing some key free throws at the end, too.

I must of imagined that.

But I agree the parade (on both sides) to the FT line is rediculous. Blame Mark Cuban for that...

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Why would Howard walk to the bench if he WASN'T calling timeout?

See, Leonard just said he was walking to the bench. He wouldnt walk to the bench to talk to the refs, he was talking to avery.

MadDog73
06-19-2006, 01:57 PM
So, Mavs_man_41, are you ready to concede defeat? It sure sounds like it...

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 01:59 PM
"It's fixed, but I'll watch it because I'm a dumbass."

Mavs_man_41
He only had one FT in the last 2 and half minutes or so of the 4th.

He did, however, have four made FG's during that span.

That's why I'm saying to give him his due.

He was awesome when it mattered most.

In the fourth quarter, Wade was bailed out on numerous occasions by late whistles. Explain this.

Trainwreck2100
I'd say a lot of things about LEONARD, but he's never struck me as a "suck-up". He just calls it as he sees it.

Your entitled to your opinion, 41, but we're entitled to rip it apart.

Me too, he was a real bitch till he got banned.

NoMoneyDown
Another reason the Mavs were screwed. But wait, that wasn't enough to finish the job. Holy shit, the mavs are about to win! Blow that damn whistle!!!!

Hmmmm. Sounds awfully familiar, except replace "Mavs" with "Spurs" and talk about the end of regulation in G7.

Mavs_man_41
"It's fixed, but I'll watch it because I'm a dumbass."

Not fixed, but Stern for some reason is doing everything he can to help the Heat.

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 02:00 PM
When Spurs fans complain about what they perceive to be bad officiating in playoff losses they are "whining". When Mavs fans do it they are following the team owner or unearthing a massive conspiracy theory, I guess.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Not fixed, but Stern for some reason is doing everything he can to help the Heat.Hence the title of your little treatise:

Anatomy of an NBA Fix

Are you backpedalling on that too?

Sad.

Either wear the tinfoil hat or STFU.

LEONARD
See, Leonard just said he was walking to the bench. He wouldnt walk to the bench to talk to the refs, he was talking to avery.

Dude, he F'd up and called a timeout and was walking over to the bench...why would he need to walk to the bench to talk to Avery? Everybody in the building knew what the Mavs needed to do in that situation.

Was Howard pissed after it happened? Nope.

Did he try to defend his actions on the court? Nope.

Was he pissed after the game? Nope. He was beaten down.

He realized he F'd up...

That's all you really need to do is look at his reaction.

Mavs in 7...

Trainwreck2100
In the fourth quarter, Wade was bailed out on numerous occasions by late whistles. Explain this.

"I've tried to make it more fun, but we've changed the rules around some," Cuban said. "I mean, the game got to a point where it really, it slowed down, and then they went through a whole set of rules changes, which really helped, and then these past couple years, I really got involved to outlaw all the handchecking and all the beating up of guys on the perimeter, so now the game's gotten a lot smoother, so you've got superstars like Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki who can take the ball to the hoop without all of that old Knicks ball, the old Pat Riley stuff, where they'd just beat up on people. So, we changed it up some.

BigVee
06-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Why would he have to consult with Avery? He said after the game that "everyone" knows in that situation you call the time out after the second shot, so what was he checking with his coach about? How to form the T with his hands?

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 02:03 PM

I don't really remember any late whistles...

I agree that he'll get more calls at home than on the road...that's just the way the NBA is, especially with their "superstars"...

Notice Harris didn't get calls when he was bumped on layup attempts? That's just how it is.

Mavs have 2 at home and will still take the series... :fro

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 02:04 PM

Wait, you said he had a "Free-Throw-A-Thon at the end of the 4th quarter".

In the last 3 minutes of the 4th, he had 1 FTA.

In the last 5 minutes of the 4th, the Mavs had 7FTA and the Heat had 5TA.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Hence the title of your little treatise:

Anatomy of an NBA Fix

Are you backpedalling on that too?

Sad.

Either wear the tinfoil hat or STFU.

I'm sorry, in case you didnt know I DID NOT WRITE THIS. I forwarded it as is from mavtalk. Manipulated would be the right word.

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 02:06 PM
I saw AJ making the timeout signal with his hands at one point after Wade shot the 1st free throw. My guess is that he was reminding them to take the timeout after Wade shot the 2nd free throw if it was good and Howard misunderstood what AJ was saying and called the timeout.

In any event, you can't blame the refs for not reversing a timeout called by a player. That's not evidence of a fix of any sort.

ChumpDumper
Manipulation to achieve a desried result is the very definition of a fix, doofus.

Plagiarism is frowned upon here, too.

MadDog73
So, let's review:

No backcourt violation.

Howard mistakingly calls timeout himself.

Mavs actually shoot more FTs than Heat in final minutes...

Not looking too good, Mavs_Man. Hope you have a Zapruder Film or something...

EDIT: If you did not write this, you really should credit the author. Or, not, as he probably wants to remain anonymous.

And even if you didn't write it, you're defending it, which is perhaps even worse.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Wait, you said he had a "Free-Throw-A-Thon at the end of the 4th quarter".

In the last 3 minutes of the 4th, he had 1 FTA.

In the last 5 minutes of the 4th, the Mavs had 7FTA and the Heat had 5TA.

http://www.nba.com/games/20060618/DALMIA/playbyplay.html

This is the play by play breakdown. He attempted 13 free throws in the fourth alone. Hence, why i asked the question: "Why did the refs bail out Wade on late calls in the fourth quarter? Explain this."

nbascribe
06-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Let's forget the bogus/inconsistent Stackhouse suspension. Forget the first 4 quarters of the game. Forget the first 3 quarters where the Heat took FOUR times as many free throws as the Mavs (36-9). Forget the 3rd quarter where the Heat got to the line 18 times to 0 for the Mavs. Forget that Wade took as many free throws as the entire Mavs team. Forget that the Heat, as a team, took twice as many free throws as the Mavs (49-25).[QUOTE]

Okay let's look at the fact that Dallas is a jump shooting team and that Dwayne Wade drove to the basket to get his points. That's what slashers do.

[QUOTE]Just look at the final play. The game was completely stolen from the Mavs here.

Okay since you don't know the NBA rule why are you trying to analyze it? He caught the ball in the backcourt. That's a legal play.

Terry was checking him the whole time and they didn't call it. Are you trying to tell me that Terry is allowed to mug somebody down the court?

Maybe you didn't see the photo that was taken in which Harris fouled him as well. And why was Dirk's hand on him to begin with? That's a foul

You can't assume that is what a coach wants. Josh went to the referee twice with the signal of time out. That's a player who doesn't know what the hell he is doing. Where is your captain on the floor?

Unbelievable.

What can't be justified is your reasoning for your team to choke three consecutive times. The odds were against Miami winning three straight games at home and your boys allowed that to happen. The refs didn't steal this game or the series. Poor play from the Mavs cost them this game.

It's ironic, when Spurs fans were making these claims of being ripped off, a bunch of you came on this board and called us whiners. You kept saying how great your team is. Well you got what you wished for. You wanted to be in the NBA Finals and here you are.

You deal with what you got; no more, no less. The bottom line is that the Mavericks don't have the veteran leadership necessary to win this series. The Heat are an above average team with players who are battle tested.

Suck it up Mav fans. This is what the NBA Finals are all about.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 02:10 PM

This is the play by play breakdown. He attempted 13 free throws in the fourth alone. Hence, why i asked the question: "Why did the refs bail out Wade on late calls in the fourth quarter? Explain this."

No.

Go back to your original point.

You said he had a FT-a-thon at the end of the 4th.

What's the end of the 4th? The last 3 minutes? The last 5 minutes?

Or are you changing it now to mean the last 12 minutes of the 4th?

Shank
I tell you what. After the game last night, I had a wheelbarrow full of excuses. But as the time has gone by, I've dumped them all out in the trash. Conspiracy theories are crap, supposed fixes are crap, blaming the refs is crap (though ticky-tack fouls at the end of the game...whatever).

Mavs lost because of mental lapses at key moments in the game. Missed FTs, not capitalizing on turnovers, Dampier throwing an inbound pass directly to Wade, not boxing out on missed free throws. Just a laundry list of stupid little crap throughout the game.

And bag all you want, but I remain confident. I've been to every single playoff game this season and have had a blast. As a fan, I refuse to just mail it in.

MadDog73

We did. He drove to the basket, got fouled. That's what Mark Cuban wants. Either a star player gets to the basket unconstested, or he gets fouled. Apparently, there's no contact allowed against star players anymore.

Now, explain this to me: where did Dirk go in the 3rd quarter? Why is he settling for jump shots now? What is he afraid of?

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Okay since you don't know the NBA rule why are you trying to analyze it? He caught the ball in the backcourt. That's a legal play.

My mistake.

Terry was checking him the whole time and they didn't call it. Are you trying to tell me that Terry is allowed to mug somebody down the court?

Terry was not checking him, but Wade did shove off of Terry.

Maybe you didn't see the photo that was taken in which Harris fouled him as well. And why was Dirk's hand on him to begin with? That's a foul

That picture only shows Harris reaching out towards Wade. Dirks hand was resting there, but did not push him or foul him.

You can't assume that is what a coach wants. Josh went to the referee twice with the signal of time out. That's a player who doesn't know what the hell he is doing. Where is your captain on the floor?

Scottie Pippen said after the game that the refs should have known what the mavericks wanted. Josh thought it was understood that they wanted the timout after the second free throw. He was letting the ref know in advance so that no time was wasted while calling a timeout.

Islymore
06-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Mavs lost because of mental lapses at key moments in the game. Missed FTs, not capitalizing on turnovers, Dampier throwing an inbound pass directly to Wade, not boxing out on missed free throws. Just a laundry list of stupid little crap throughout the game.

As a fan, I refuse to just mail it in.

THANX SHANK... I will let all the talkin in the world be done today and tomorrow... I am still waitin on Game 6 in Dallas. Still waiting to see how all this turns out..

I would have lost money had I bet my 4-2 thots...
Mr. Scribe I think you were right..

I still believe in my boys... Preppin myself for 7 games now.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
I tell you what. After the game last night, I had a wheelbarrow full of excuses. But as the time has gone by, I've dumped them all out in the trash. Conspiracy theories are crap, supposed fixes are crap, blaming the refs is crap (though ticky-tack fouls at the end of the game...whatever).

That's exactly what happened to me after the .4 loss and then a little bit in the Spurs-Mavs series this season.

Bottomline is that games are won by the players. Mavs have 2 more games to win it and bring that trophy home.

Good luck.

nbascribe
06-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Mavs41....Jason Terry was hand checking Wade all the way down the court.

That photo does not just show him reachin gout; IT SHOWS LIGHT SKIN ON DARK SKIN. Either way dude that was a foul; they were impeding his progress.

baseline bum
06-19-2006, 02:35 PM

First good point you've made in this whole thread.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-19-2006, 02:36 PM
what i want to know is why do mav fans think we give a shit? the only thing i give a shit about now is the heat not choking like their opponents have done the last 3 games!

fuck these conspiracies and these mav bandwagon pussies!

Darrin
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM

They why wasn't this a foul?

http://www.pistonsdownloads.com/images/benblockshaq2.jpg

One determined the series lead in the NBA Finals, the other did nothing to determine the outcome of the game, but was a great image to market. I-N-C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-T R-E-F-E-R-E-E-S.

This isn't bitching, it's the truth.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 02:42 PM
LMAO. We're starting to separate wheat from chaff among Mav Fans.

Unfortunately, MFFL #1 is the biggest chaff of them all.

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2006, 02:48 PM
I think the refs were actually trying to help Dallas a little on this play...Wade was clearly mugged going to the basket...I thought Harris's foul was more blatant than Dirks but they gave it to Dirk so that Harris wouldn't foul out...he already had 5 fouls...I remember thinking it was a bad call but on reflection realized what the refs were trying to do and agreed that it was a reasonable call...Wade got the shots but the game wasn't "changed" by ejecting Harris...the fact that Mavs fans are whining about it being given to Dirk now is hilarious...

1Parker1
06-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Was anyone else impressed with Devin Harris's defense on some sequences? :wow

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Was anyone else impressed with Devin Harris's defense on some sequences? :wow

He's done better than anybody else on the Mavs so far...you can only do so much. He's quick enough to harass him more than Griffin, or even Howard...

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-19-2006, 03:30 PM
losing Steakhouse really hurt us. i think we will pull out these two games at home. and i dont get why Spurs fans just whine about that series. We win the close games ''Refs give Dirk automatic free throws'' ok so we win by 20 in Game 2 ''The game has changed and Stern wants the Mavs to advance''

(whiners)

Bob Lanier
06-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Wade was clearly mugged going to the basket
Wade was clearly not 'mugged' by anyone. Harris didn't touch his arm, and Nowitzki might have grazed the back of his uniform but didn't impede his progress. He missed an uncontested, point-blank layup. He fucked up. And because of that, Bennett Salvatore decided that he should win the game with free throws.

leemajors
06-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Wade was clearly not 'mugged' by anyone. Harris didn't touch his arm, and Nowitzki might have grazed the back of his uniform but didn't impede his progress. He missed an uncontested, point-blank layup. He fucked up. And because of that, Bennett Salvatore decided that he should win the game with free throws.

there are plenty of pictures showing that harris did indeed touch his arm.

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2006, 03:47 PM

:lmao...whose hand is that wrapped around Wades elbow then?

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Harris obviously grabbed his elbow. And I don't know if this is just grazing his uniform.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 03:50 PM
I can't believe Dirk could get called for helping Wade get to the basket.

Sheesh....

21Spurs20
06-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Im just writing this to get my post count up.

Shank
06-19-2006, 04:15 PM
The problem with that picture is that it's zoomed in. Salvatore (that motherfucker) made the call on Dirk from 20 feet behind the play. How?

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 04:18 PM
So your argument isn't whether that contact is actually a foul, but that a man paid to watch the plays couldn't see the contact you stipulated from behind the play because he was, in fact, behind the play and watching the play from behind?

Brilliant.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-19-2006, 04:19 PM
The problem with that picture is that it's zoomed in. Salvatore (that motherfucker) made the call on Dirk from 20 feet behind the play. How?

actually didnt the announcers say the call was made on harris only to recall the play seconds later and place it on dirk.

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Why on earth are Mavs fans complaining about that contact being called? That's exactly why Nowitzki's had a banner year.

Shank
06-19-2006, 04:24 PM
So your argument isn't whether that contact is actually a foul, but that a man paid to watch the plays couldn't see the contact you stipulated from behind the play because he was, in fact, behind the play and watching the play from behind?

Brilliant.

One of the best parts of that play was watching Joey Crawford have a giant "what the fuck, Bennett" look on his face when Salvatore whistled that call from so far outside of the play.

Me bitching about this isn't going to change anything and I understand that. Just saying what everyone already knows - Bennett Salvatore should have reffed the US/Italy game.

jman3000
06-19-2006, 04:27 PM

I'm actually kinda liking him now :drunk

DarrinS
06-19-2006, 04:33 PM
This is clearly an offensive foul on DWade. He's clobbering poor Devon Harris' hand with his right forearm. And he's clearly smacking Dirk's hand with his lower back.

Fair Officiating == Mavs victory

Sincerely,

JonG, MavTalk moderator

Today on MavTalk,

http://www.mactavishland.ca/pictures/tumbleweed.jpg

rasho8
06-19-2006, 04:35 PM
That's exactly what happened to me after the .4 loss and then a little bit in the Spurs-Mavs series this season.

Bottomline is that games are won by the players. Mavs have 2 more games to win it and bring that trophy home.

Good luck.

Kory is so classy...

You rule!!

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 04:42 PM

thank you

Bob Lanier
06-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Harris obviously grabbed his elbow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Kyle17/wade5_600_060618.jpg
You can't make that determination from either picture. Yours has the wrong angle and this could be the wrong time. Either way, if you watch the play in motion, you can tell that Harris in no way impeded Wade's progress or had any effect on the layup attempt.

And I don't know if this is just grazing his uniform.
I don't either - and neither did Bennett Salvatore. But even in the modern era of defenseless basketball, I don't know how that's a foul.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 04:52 PM
http://dunamai.com/Humor/BagdadBob/images/bagdad_bob_large.gif

Presented with incontrovertable proof that a foul--in fact, probably two fouls--was committed, Mavs_man_41 continues to make his case. (Reuters)

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 04:57 PM
http://dunamai.com/Humor/BagdadBob/images/bagdad_bob_large.gif

Presented with incontrovertable proof that a foul--in fact, probably two fouls--was committed, Mavs_man_41 continues to make his case. (Reuters)

Hey dumbass look at the pic right above your post, like i said all along the other picture was a bad angle and Harris actually DID NOT FOUL WADE. You can cry about it all day, make all the excuses you want, it was a pussy call and the pic 2 posts above ^ is your proof.

DarrinS
06-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Hey dumbass look at the pic right above your post, like i said all along the other picture was a bad angle and Harris actually DID NOT FOUL WADE. You can cry about it all day, make all the excuses you want, it was a pussy call and the pic 2 posts above ^ is your proof.

You're right JonG. We obviously made a mistake. Looking at those photos, it's an obvious offensive foul on Wade. It's a wonder that Harris and Dirk didn't have broken wrists. We'll get it right next time. Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

http://bojack.org/images/salvatore.jpg

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2006, 05:01 PM

I would rather trust the other picture that clearly shows Harris's hand grabbing the elbow than the one you posted from half a second later...

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 05:04 PM

I would rather trust the other picture that clearly shows Harris's hand grabbing the elbow than the one you posted from half a second later...

He was not clearly grabbing his elbow, you cant see that from the angle.

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2006, 05:06 PM
He was not clearly grabbing his elbow, you cant see that from the angle.

Since it is so important to you I will agree that the refs did not call a foul on Harris. Why were you whining again?

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 05:06 PM
During the game they even replayed it from an above view, and u can clearly see that there was no contact. Although i haven't been able to find it, if i do i will post it later.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Since it is so important I will agree that the refs did not call a foul on Harris. Why were you whining again?

Im not whining im stating the fact that neither dirk nor devin fouled pussy wade.

DarrinS
06-19-2006, 05:08 PM
During the game they even replayed it from an above view, and u can clearly see that there was no contact. Although i haven't been able to find it, if i do i will post it later.

What should concern Mav fan, more than the refs, is the disappearance of Dirk's game. Dirk's photo will soon appear, .... here.
http://www.shrubbloggers.com/milk_carton.jpg

Slinkyman
06-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Mavfans are biting the hand that has feed them all playoffs long, may i remind you that Dirk holds the record for most FTs made in the playoffs? Things didn't go your way last night but you had the lead late in game 3 and 5 and couldn't hold either, blame your players and your coach. Champs don't fade in crunch time.

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Im not whining im stating the fact that neither dirk nor devin fouled pussy wade.

OK, they didn't foul him. Does that mean the Mavs won by 2?

Kori Ellis
You can't make that determination from either picture. Yours has the wrong angle and this could be the wrong time. Either way, if you watch the play in motion, you can tell that Harris in no way impeded Wade's progress or had any effect on the layup attempt.

In the pic and in video, you can't see that he's holding the elbow?

a. A player shall not hold, push, charge into, impede the progress of an opponent by extending a hand, forearm, leg or knee or by bending the body into a position that is not normal.

ShoogarBear
I would LOVE to see the refs decide to referee the game like 2005. The Mavs would be completely helpless.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Mavfans are biting the hand that has feed them all playoffs long, may i remind you that Dirk holds the record for most FTs made in the playoffs? Things didn't go your way last night but you had the lead late in game 3 and 5 and couldn't hold either, blame your players and your coach. Champs don't fade in crunch time.

You can use the excuse that the mavs choked or faded in crunch time, but altogether, counting all the mistakes and missed free throws, that game was ours without interference from the NBA.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 05:11 PM

Sorry holmes, but Harris hit him on the arm...

picnroll
06-19-2006, 05:12 PM

I'll be damned. Salvatorre got a call right. Look at Salvatorre's postion behind Dirk with a clear vierw of that shove to the back of Wade.

Bob Lanier
No, I can't. Not at all.

Salvatore's interpretation of Dirk's contact with Wade's jersey was a judgment call. Not the kind of call I'd like to see for either side in the NBA, much less a game-determining play in the NBA Finals, but even though Dirk made no impact on Wade's trajectory it's a call that could be made.

ShoogarBear
NOW we want to discount inteference from the NBA? NOW???

Mavs_man_41

No, you show me the proof. O wait, it didnt happen, there is no proof.

ChumpDumper
Fix!

No wait -- manipulation to achieve a dersired result!

Important difference!

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 05:13 PM
No, I can't. Not at all.

You can't?

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 05:15 PM

You can't?

no, all u can see is harris' hand in front of wades arm, not necessarily on it.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 05:16 PM
And you don't see Dirk's hand in his back in this pic either?

picnroll
06-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Dirk got away with fouls on Manu and Duncan on the last play of regulation game 7. I guess he figured they'd give him a pass on this one too. Apparently Mavs' fans thought he should have gotten another pass as well.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 05:17 PM

Dude...come on...you can tell there's no space between their arms. Are his fingers just perfectly in the "cupped" position so that it looks like he's grabbing his arm slightly?? :smokin

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 05:18 PM
There's a new fashion craze sweeping the Metroplex!

http://www.aquiferguardians.org/images/Tinfoil%20Hat%20Preview%20II.jpg

Mavs_man_41
And you don't see Dirk's hand in his back in this pic either?

wait, so now its a foul that his hand is resting there, even if replays clearly show there was no push?

Darrin

I'll be damned. Salvatorre got a call right. Look at Salvatorre's postion behind Dirk with a clear vierw of that shove to the back of Wade.

This was NOT A FOUL? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

Slinkyman
You can use the excuse that the mavs choked or faded in crunch time, but altogether, counting all the mistakes and missed free throws, that game was ours without interference from the NBA.

you're the one making excuses, remember the steelers/colts game? Great teams find a way to overcome adversity i'm sorry that your mavs don't yet qualify as a great team but the series isn't over.

picnroll
06-19-2006, 05:19 PM

It's obvious that that depreesion in Wade's back where Dirk's hand is is just bad ironing.

Slinkyman
This was NOT A FOUL? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

need4sheed.com is a foul?

what AM i missing?

CosmicCowboy

http://static.flickr.com/26/56487830_dfb9cfd36a_m.jpg
this guy has a terminal case of denial.

Kori Ellis
Dude...come on...you can tell there's no space between their arms. Are his fingers just perfectly in the "cupped" position so that it looks like he's grabbing his arm slightly?? :smokin

Thanks Leonard.

Bob Lanier
06-19-2006, 05:20 PM
You can't?
I saw that image the first time, and from that angle and depth of field I couldn't make any determination about where Harris was relative to Wade other than a rough guess by approximation of size. I certainly don't see Harris "holding" anything, neither in that image nor in the video where Wade moves cleanly by Harris.
In this image, you can see that Harris is at least 15 cm away from Wade's arm, with his fingers somewhat curled in a manner that they would not be if they had just been removed from a grip on Wade's arm. (i.e., had Harris been gripping or even just raking Wade, the fingers would have straightened after the fingertips lost contact)

The actual foul called, on Nowitzki, I'll grant you. It's a terrible, shameful call, but there actually was contact between Dirk and Wade's jersey, however incidental. There was no contact between Wade and Harris.

DarrinS
06-19-2006, 05:20 PM

You can't?

Damn. Even I can see that.

http://image.listen.com/img/356x237/1/9/8/7/717891_356x237.jpg

sabar
06-19-2006, 05:21 PM

Yes it is holding. You can clearly see the shadow on Wade's arm from Harris' hand being on the elbow. Hold your elbow with your fingers and note how the rest of the hand creates a shadow on the skin.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 05:21 PM
I haven't had a chance to loop the replays, but last night I thought the foul was when Harris hit him with the lower body as he turned the corner. Has anyone watched the video?

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 05:22 PM
wait, so now its a foul that his hand is resting there, even if replays clearly show there was no push?:lmao :lmao :lmao

Dirk's hand needed a break, so it took the opportunity to rest with 1.9 left in a finals game.

If you don't like the rules about contact, take it up with the guy who changed them:

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/pg2/2005/1220/photo/051220_cuban_195.jpg

DarrinS
06-19-2006, 05:24 PM
If you don't like the rules about contact, take it up with the guy who changed them:

Ironically, this is exactly the rule change that benefits teams like Dallas. Be careful what you ask for, I guess.

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Maybe Cuban will start publicly dissing himself for his advocacy of a pussified NBA.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Yes it is holding. You can clearly see the shadow on Wade's arm from Harris' hand being on the elbow. Hold your elbow with your fingers and note how the rest of the hand creates a shadow on the skin.

Lol there would still be a shadow just from his arm being near wade's arm, this proves nothing. Where were u guys when the replayed it during the game from a top view. It was plain as day that there was no contact from Harris.

Bob Lanier
06-19-2006, 05:25 PM
If you don't like the rules about contact, take it up with the guy who changed them
Now there's something we can all agree on. :tu

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 05:26 PM
It was plain as day that there was no contact from Harris.Good thing they didn't make the call on Harris then, eh?

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 05:27 PM
He's inside! How is that shadow possible?!?!

DarrinS
06-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Lol there would still be a shadow just from his arm being near wade's arm, this proves nothing. Where were u guys when the replayed it during the game from a top view. It was plain as day that there was no contact from Harris.

As I've been told NUMEROUS times by Mavs fans,

GET OVER IT!

I don't hear anyone crying the "phantom" foul on Shaq against Dirk, where the replay showed ZERO CONTACT. I forget which game it was, 3 or 4.

Regardless, it is obvious that both players made contact with Wade.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

picnroll
06-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Okay I'm straight on it now. Wade grabbed Harris's hand with his arm and shoved Dirk in the hand with his back. Fucking homer refs.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Okay I'm straight on it now. Wade grabbed Harris's hand with his arm and shoved Dirk in the hand with his back. Fucking homer refs.

You're a dumbass, this couldn't even happen because the only contact was dirks hand lightly touching wades back. There was no shoving involved. Bullshit call.

leemajors
06-19-2006, 05:33 PM
He's inside! How is that shadow possible?!?!

hahahahaha

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 05:33 PM
So Dirk was a dumbass to "rest" his hand on Wade's back.

WTF would anyone do that?

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 05:34 PM
You're a dumbass, this couldn't even happen because the only contact was dirks hand lightly touching wades back. There was no shoving involved. Bullshit call.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I think he was completely joking, Beavis... :lol

picnroll
06-19-2006, 05:35 PM

... and you know how hard he shoved because .....

Darrin
06-19-2006, 05:36 PM
need4sheed.com is a foul?

what AM i missing?

Look at Ben Wallace's left hand. He's touching Shaq, just like Dirk.

Mavs_man_41

You could see it plain as day. If dirk would have shoved wade hard, while in the air, there would have been a reaction. He would have fell or at least flopped at the slightest contact. But he probably couldnt even feel dirk's hand there.

ChumpDumper
... and you know how hard he shoved because .....Because his hand was RESTING there!

Can't you read?

picnroll
Okay, I figured it out. Because Dirk's a pussy. Right?

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 05:37 PM
In this image, you can see that Harris is at least 15 cm away from Wade's arm....

Funniest post ever...

Extra Stout
06-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Suck it up Mavs fans... you live by bad officiating, and you die by bad officiating.

Darrin
06-19-2006, 05:40 PM
This is what, the 35th incident of bad referees in this year's playoffs? Why don't we just kept bickering about one call for the next day-and-a-half? That way, the system never changes and the Spurs and Pistons and Heat and Mavericks can continue to get screwed by the referees for the rest of time.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Suck it up Mavs fans... you live by bad officiating, and you die by bad officiating.

At least some people have the balls to admit that the officiating was terrible. Some of you trying to prove that wade was fouled on that last play is laughable. Face it, he won the game off free throws he shouldnt have even gotten.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Another thought for those saying that Harris did NOT grab Wade's arm slightly...

Look at the resulting shot...it look like Shaq shooting a FT. The contact with his arm and him fighting thru the contact caused him to lose his "touch" on the ball...he slammed it off the backboard...

I'm a huge Mavs fan, but Harris fouled him people...

ShoogarBear
So a question to the Mav fans complaining last night: when did the officiating become bad? Did it start last night? Did it start with game 3? Or could that have started even further back?

LEONARD
At least some people have the balls to admit that the officiating was terrible. Some of you trying to prove that wade was fouled on that last play is laughable. Face it, he won the game off free throws he shouldnt have even gotten.

Wow... :smokin :drunk :smokin :drunk :smokin :drunk

picnroll
06-19-2006, 05:43 PM

Hey Mavs_man_41 what did you think of the reffing in the Mavs - Spurs series?

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Hey Mavs_man_41 what did you think of the reffing in the Mavs - Spurs series?It was incredibly even-handed and fair. Tired hands got plenty of rest on backs.

picnroll
06-19-2006, 05:46 PM
It was incredibly even-handed and fair. Tired hands got plenty of rest on backs.
:rollin

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2006, 05:46 PM
http://ctchoops.com/devin_harris_topps_rc.jpg
Here is a picture of Devin Harris in a suit and holding a cap in each hand. You can clearly tell from this picture that he is not grabbing Wades elbow.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 05:47 PM

As you stated earlier he had a Freethrow-A-Thon in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter.

Editor's Note: Wade had 1FTA in the last 2 and a half minutes of the 4th.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 05:50 PM
It was incredibly even-handed and fair. Tired hands got plenty of rest on backs.

Chump, clearly you are among the many people who don't know that Dirk is a certified Rolfing therapist. He was only trying to provide Dwyane with some much needed stress relief after his long night of falling down and getting up:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/munich/rolfing-munich-1.jpg

Bob Lanier
06-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Another thought for those saying that Harris did NOT grab Wade's arm slightly...

Look at the resulting shot...
He missed a point-blank, uncontested layup. He was twisting in midair and slightly out of control. None of that logically implies that he must have been fouled - and indeed, he wasn't.

Have you watched Wade play? He could have converted that shot 98% of the time, and probably over 70% of the time even if he were shoved to the ground. This was one of the times he just missed.

picnroll
06-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Methinks Bob is having a hard time dealing with a possible Heat title. He's as much in denial as the city of Dallas.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Look at the dangerous consequences of overtired and fussy hands:

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nba/2001/1205/photo/a_nowitzki_i.jpg

Just plain tuckered out.

Bob Lanier
06-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Methinks Bob is having a hard time dealing with a possible Heat title. He's as much in denial as the city of Dallas.
Fuck that. I was supporting the Spurs in the WCSF. I thought they were fucked by the refs repeatedly, and the Mavs were awarded a ton of chances unfairly. But, I can acknowledge when the refs are fucking my team's rivals as well, an impartiality that seems to have escaped some bitter Spurs fans here.

Kori, I agree with your take on the fourth quarter. It was the third quarter during which the refs pulled Miami back into the game. But, up until the final minute, the fourth quarter had been officiated more or less fairly. That the refs saved their best for last makes it all the more galling, because that flies in the face of all conventional wisdom about the ends of games and the playoffs.

DarrinS
06-19-2006, 05:56 PM
It's a conspiracy against the Mavs.

Sincerely,

JonG, MavTalk moderator
http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/pics/screen/signs19.jpg

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Mike Mathis, NBA official says, per ESPN radio interview:

The foul on Wade was "an absolutely terrible call." Says Wade was out of control and thus contact was made. Says the officials basically blew the call, and he would have never blown his whistle. On plays that decide games, says NBA officials know the foul must be clear and indisputable, for this very reason, all the discussion today.

Also, says every official on that court knew AJ wanted a to after the second free throw, regardless of JHo's actions, and this should have been an easy issue to clear up with a simple referree conference. I know there are other threads about this, but I'm still so peaved that the Mavs were robbed of this game, and thought the words of an NBA official should be noted.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 06:01 PM
You said there was no contact.

Make up your mind.

DarrinS
06-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Mike Mathis, NBA official says, per ESPN radio interview:

The foul on Wade was "an absolutely terrible call." Says Wade was out of control and thus contact was made. Says the officials basically blew the call, and he would have never blown his whistle. On plays that decide games, says NBA officials know the foul must be clear and indisputable, for this very reason, all the discussion today.

Also, says every official on that court knew AJ wanted a to after the second free throw, regardless of JHo's actions, and this should have been an easy issue to clear up with a simple referree conference. I know there are other threads about this, but I'm still so peaved that the Mavs were robbed of this game, and thought the words of an NBA official should be noted.

I've seen a lot of shitty calls in this series -- AND in the Spurs/Mavs series. Sucks being on the other end of it -- doesn't it?

Mavs_man_41
You said there was no contact.

Make up your mind.

Dumbass that's his opinion, and either way, it was a terrible call.

ShoogarBear
His mind is made up. It has nothing to do with whether there was contact or not.

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Also, says every official on that court knew AJ wanted a to after the second free throw, regardless of JHo's actions, and this should have been an easy issue to clear up with a simple referree conference.

I believe the refs knew what AJ wanted too. But I think Howard didn't know. And it's not up to the refs to refuse a player's request for a timeout. Especially when the said player asks twice. It sucks that Howard fucked up, but I don't think this can be on the refs.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh the eight-years-removed-from-calling-games official?

Before Cuban's fabulous new rules?

Winnipeg_Spur
06-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm sure Webber's coach didn't want a TO either, but they had to oblige his request anyway. Simple solution: don't signal timeout. If you do, you give the officials licence to do something crazy, like call timeout. :rolleyes

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh the four-years-removed-from-calling-games official?

Before Cuban's fabulous new rules?

He's not one of the refs Cubano's hired to spam the league with video, is he?

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Well, not him, but his son.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051108/COLUMNIST37/511080371

He is in the NBA, working as the video coordinator for the Dallas Mavericks.

Mathis is more like an assistant coach than a VCR technician.

He handles player development. He scouts opponents. He rubs elbows on the team plane with Doug Christie, Keith Van Horn, Jerry Stackhouse and outspoken owner Mark Cuban.

If superstar Dirk Nowitzki has a flaw in his shot, Mathis works with him to correct the problem.

Heck, Mathis even gets the same meal allowance as the players - $102 a day - when he's on the road.

That is more money than he had in his checking account a decade ago.
"I'm really lucky to be with the Mavericks," Mathis said. "It's a great organization. There are no bad guys here, no prima donnas. Mark Cuban is a great guy. He doesn't have a bit of arrogance in him at all. He wears jeans and a T-shirt, and he welcomes people with open arms. He's great to the players and the coaching staff."

Mathis' biggest adjustment has been to the NBA's new dress code. His two suits get a steady workout.

"I have them on a rotating schedule," he joked.

Mathis gives a big assist to his father for helping him land a job in the NBA.

Mike Mathis was a long-time referee, working more than 2,000 games, 12 NBA Finals and three All-Star Games before hanging up his whistle in December of 2001.

"Dad helped me get my foot in the door," the younger Mathis said.

Try again, Mav Fan.

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2006, 06:13 PM
classic.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 06:14 PM
No, Mathis had to resign from the NBA after he plead guilty to tax evasion after airline ticketgate.

So it should read "disgraced former official whose son is on Cuban's payroll" Mike Mathis.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Coming up next: the official unbiased opinions of Susie Nelson and Del Harris III.

Followed with a summation by G. Gordon Liddy.

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 06:15 PM
No, Mathis had to resign from the NBA after he plead guilty to tax evasion after ticketgate.

So it should read "disgraced former official" Mathis.

Disgraced former official whose kid works for the Mavs.

TheTruth
06-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey, do you guys think that play at the end was officiated correctly?

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Right, I edited.

Thanks.

DirkAB
06-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Fuckin' pathetic, this is why I now hate the Mavs, their fans are a bunch of whinny little bitches. Heat in 6, Mav fans cry conspiracy for 6 years.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Fuckin' pathetic, this is why I now hate the Mavs, their fans are a bunch of whinny little bitches. Heat in 6, Mav fans cry conspiracy for 6 years.

Six years, thats at least how long it will take before the kings are contenders. King fans have to reason to talk about the finals.

jmard5
06-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Dude, the pic you posted doesnt show anything, its not the right angle. All that shows is Harris reaching out toward Wade.

You reach out with a slightly closed hand on an adrenaline-surged, tightly-contested game. Weak.

Stop being a homer and look at Harris' hand in-contact with Wade's biceps.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 07:23 PM
IT WAS RESTING ON HIS BICEP!!!

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 08:06 PM
I flat out don't think the foul should have been called. But you know what? Its the best form of Karma ever to strike someone. The Mavs feel our pain now, and they sound worse than we ever sounded. Pop never went off the way that bitch ass AJ has. It is classic.

Excercise bikes everywhere should be afraid. Very afraid.

Obstructed_View
06-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Does someone want to go back through this thread and count the number of times Mavs_troll_41 has been completely owned? It may be a record for a single thread, only due to said dumbasses inability to realize his own humiilation.

Darrin
06-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey, do you guys think that play at the end was officiated correctly?

I think it was, technically, the right call from watching it live and all but one picture I have seen. As a 17-year fan of the NBA (ballpark about 60-100 games a season in television), I have seen that call, with a little contact as their was, decide a game of that magnitude probably twice. Especially, with all of Wade's histrionics (flailing arms, etc) after the whistle blew. Usually that's an indication that the press row can get a better shot of Wade out of control flailing his arms than when he got hit.

Was it correctly called? That's a very subjective term. If I was a flat-out Dallas Mavericks homer, I could say that "no, because it puts a 85% foul shooter at the line." I'm not that guy.

I'll say this: When there's a foul call, I usually have one of three reactions:

1.) Disappointment in the team that committed the foul.
2.) Initial disbelief and eventual acceptance of the foul call.
3.) Absolute flat-out mad that the referee made that call.

My reaction, a day after seeing the shot and talking about it is number 3.

Why? Because Michael Jordan used his off-arm to scoot Bryon Russell out the way to win the 6th NBA Championship. Because Ben Wallace wasn't whistled for a foul on his signature block on Shaquille O'Neal in what could be his last Pistons' home game. Because Jerry Stackhouse, after he fell down, wasn't given the benefit of the contact he received from Jamal Mashburn and Alonzo Mourning on that same Miami court six years ago.

Contact happens, and what I saw there was a preferential call over what I have watched consistently be called in this league for 17 years.

MissAllThat
06-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Spurs fans arguing with Mavs fans is expected, but Mavs fans arguing against their own is not. It's a very good day. There are a few Mavs fans that I hope will continue posting after the season is over, but I'm still looking forward to the end of all this.

I love the excuses for how its not a foul. Either way, a foul occurred. If it wasn't Dirk, then it was Harris. They both touched him. I'm just glad it was called.

DirkAB
06-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Six years, thats at least how long it will take before the kings are contenders. King fans have to reason to talk about the finals.

Hopefully my Kings won't poop their pants when they make the finals like your Mavs have the last 3 games. Congratulations, you will always have your second place trophy.

Bob Lanier
06-19-2006, 10:53 PM
BAkriD, do you or do you not believe that the Kings were cheated in the 2002 WCFs?

DirkAB
06-19-2006, 10:59 PM
BAkriD, do you or do you not believe that the Kings were cheated in the 2002 WCFs?

No, they choked bigtime, period. If they could have hit a fuckin' free throw or a couple of wide open jumpers (Christie and Peja) in game 7 they would have won a title, plain and simple. The officiating was poor at times in favor of both teams, just like every other series. They had tons of chances to win that series and blew it, just like the Spurs did against the Mavs and now the Mavs are doing against the Heat. Poor sports blame officials.

Spurologist
06-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Breaking NEWS

Just got word from Gorilla's daily newspaper, the Gorilla Gazette. The number one victim for most wanted for gorilla gang raping is out.

Here he is:

Mark Cuban

06-19-2006, 11:21 PM
IMO, none of the pics that have been posted show definitive proof that a foul took place.

Hopefully this helps.

http://members.cox.net/seven47/foul.jpg

milkyway21
06-20-2006, 12:27 AM

i think there was a contact on the foot of Dwyne that's why he was off-balanced... :rolleyes

Obstructed_View
06-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Breaking NEWS

Just got word from Gorilla's daily newspaper, the Gorilla Gazette. The number one victim for most wanted for gorilla gang raping is out.

Here he is:

Mark Cuban
What does this even mean? Is it really worth cross-posting into every thread? Do you post everything this many times, or just the really stupid meaningless shit?

dieman8686
06-20-2006, 01:38 AM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1609/20888208816571xq.jpg
So you guys rant about a "picture tells a thousand words"(Harris' hand on Wade's elbow) explain this? This happened right after Terry "fell" to the floor.
I also read some nuts trying to post the nba rules after the 2 minute mark with no facts, so here are some.

Back court Violation Rule
Section VI-Frontcourt/Backcourt
a. A team's frontcourt consists of that part of the court between its endline and the nearer edge of the midcourt line, including the basket and inbounds part of the backboard.
b. A team's backcourt consists of the entire midcourt line and the rest of the court to include the opponent's basket and inbounds part of the backboard.
c. A ball being held by a player: (1) is in the frontcourt if neither the ball nor the player is touching the backcourt, (2) is in the backcourt if either the ball or player is touching the backcourt.
d. A ball being dribbled is (1) in the frontcourt when the ball and both feet of the player are in the frontcourt, (2) in the backcourt if the ball or either foot of the player is in the backcourt.
e. The ball is considered in the frontcourt once it has broken the plane of the midcourt line and is not in player control.
f. The team on offense must bring the ball across the midcourt line within 8 seconds. No additional 10-second count is permitted in the backcourt.
EXCEPTION: (1) kicked ball, (2) punched ball, (3) technical foul on the defensive team, (4) delay-of-game warning on the defensive team or (5) infection control.
g. Frontcourt/backcourt status is not attained until a player with the ball has established a positive position in either half during (1) a jump ball, (2) a steal by a defensive player, or (3) a throw-in in the last two minutes of the fourth period and/or any overtime period.

Frontcourt/backcourt status is not attained until a player with the ball has established a positive position in either half...
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7466/backcourt2ao.jpg

dieman8686
06-20-2006, 01:42 AM
I really don't care about game 5 anymore, I just want to get some facts straight and that pictures sometimes can't prove...
I could use some "illegal" youtube videos to prove even more, but I know how senstive you guys are.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-20-2006, 02:28 AM
just waiting for tomorrow so i can celebrate the mavs biggest loss in their franchise history....the championship!

cant wait till you pussies cry!!!!!! DALLAS MAVERICKS - CHEATERS&CHOKERS 06!

Slomo
06-20-2006, 04:15 AM

This picture shows Wade's arm being grabbed by Harris. Just look at the shape of the shadow on Wade's arm.

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/dump/Foul.jpg
The only way to explain the wedge shape of the shadow (green highlight) is if the fingers are making contact. If it was a picture of the hand in front of Wade's arm then the shadow would have been more like the red highlight, but also because of the distance that the hand would have to be in order not to make contact, the shadow would be a lot less intense.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-20-2006, 04:30 AM
^^ this is starting to get ridiculous... stop with these blury zoomed in pics already. tomorrow will only tell who will win and the heat pretty much decided they wanted it more so be it.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2006, 04:32 AM
^^ this is starting to get ridiculous... stop with these blury zoomed in pics already. tomorrow will only tell who will win and the heat pretty much decided they wanted it more so be it.

No kidding! :lol

So who really shot JFK?

RonMexico
06-20-2006, 04:35 AM
I nominate Jason Terry for first nut-shot from the grassy knoll

Doug Collins
06-20-2006, 04:40 AM

Please refer to him as "JET," thank you. :blah

Slomo
06-20-2006, 04:45 AM
No kidding! :lol

So who really shot JFK?How much is this info worth to you? :eyebrows

For the record, I only zoomed the pic to be able to draw the wedge shape on it. You can see the shadow best on the orig photo.

timvp
06-20-2006, 04:53 AM
Devin Harris isn't grabbing Dwyane Wade's elbow.

Dwyane Wade's elbow is grabbing Devin Harris.

Horry For 3!
06-20-2006, 05:06 AM
Who gives a flying fuck

Go Heat

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 05:19 AM
I saw that image the first time, and from that angle and depth of field I couldn't make any determination about where Harris was relative to Wade other than a rough guess by approximation of size. I certainly don't see Harris "holding" anything, neither in that image nor in the video where Wade moves cleanly by Harris.
In this image, you can see that Harris is at least 15 cm away from Wade's arm, with his fingers somewhat curled in a manner that they would not be if they had just been removed from a grip on Wade's arm. (i.e., had Harris been gripping or even just raking Wade, the fingers would have straightened after the fingertips lost contact)

The actual foul called, on Nowitzki, I'll grant you. It's a terrible, shameful call, but there actually was contact between Dirk and Wade's jersey, however incidental. There was no contact between Wade and Harris.

Look at the Dirks left hand - it whatt position it is, and check the pic where you clearly can see Devin grabing Wade. In what position is Dirk hand?
The picture was not made at the same time

picnroll
06-20-2006, 07:05 AM
Where were all these douchebag Mavs' fans to complain about blown calls at the end of regulation in game 7 and for that matter games 3 and 4 in the Spurs - Mavs series?

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Mav Fan is such a pathetic clown. He can see Dirk getting foul by stepping on Tim's foot, but he can't see Wade getting fouled by two different Mavs.

SPARKY
06-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Mav Fan is back to doing what he does best. Kissing referee ass was so unbecoming.

Shank
06-20-2006, 09:26 AM

This picture shows Wade's arm being grabbed by Harris. Just look at the shape of the shadow on Wade's arm.

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/dump/Foul.jpg
The only way to explain the wedge shape of the shadow (green highlight) is if the fingers are making contact. If it was a picture of the hand in front of Wade's arm then the shadow would have been more like the red highlight, but also because of the distance that the hand would have to be in order not to make contact, the shadow would be a lot less intense.

You're fucking color-coding things now? Why are Spurs fans so obsessive?

24-hour rule is in effect so Game 5 is the past. But I'll leave you with these couple of points on that touch by Harris. 1) The whistle had already been blown by what Salvatore saw to be contact by Dirk. The touch by Harris was after the whistle. 2) No referee had the angle that picture does. The others were content with letting the players play (Don't believe me? Go back and look at Joey Crawford's face when it's blown. Even he can't believe Salvatore called that). Salvatore, the trigger-happy cocksucker he is, called it from an angle where he wouldn't have seen this AND he was 20 feet behind the play.

But again, 24-hour rule. It's Game 6 tonight and I've still got a dog in the fight.

leemajors
06-20-2006, 09:28 AM
the color-coding was for mavs_man_41 i believe.

td4mvp21
06-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Who gives a flying fuck

Go Heat

:tu

ChumpDumper
06-20-2006, 09:51 AM
I really don't care about game 5 anymore.Bullshit. You whine because you can't do anything else. It is your nature.
I could use some "illegal" youtube videos to prove even more, but I know how senstive you guys are.Go blog the league about it, whiner. There are no quotes -- they are in fact illegal.

Hook Dem
06-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Funniest post of all! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Darrin
06-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Guys, the foul was called on Dirk.

MadDog73
06-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Guys, the foul was called on Dirk.

I agree, the refs favored Dallas with that call.

It should have been called on Harris, who would've fouled out.

RonMexico
06-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Funniest post of all! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Thanks - this thread has pretty much crossed the line of absurdity

picnroll
06-20-2006, 06:49 PM
They showed the three controversial plays on NBA TV wiith Ronnie Nunn. Showed the "backcourt violation" play in slow and superslow motion. There is absolutely no fucking question he was in the air when he caught the ball and landed with it in the backcourt.

Showed the play where Wade drove. Harris bumps him twice, once with the hand and again with the hip and Dirk shoves him in the back, Wade falls forward from the shove. Also showed Terry slipped and Wade didn't shove hoim.

Showed Howard calling time out and ref asking and Howard signaling again and then both Howard and Dampier walking to the sidelines.

Bottomline Mav fans whining are totally and completely full of shit.

Obstructed_View
06-20-2006, 06:54 PM
And therefore none of them read any of your post, as good as it was. :lol

Neuromancer
06-20-2006, 06:58 PM
I am surprised noone mentioned Benett Salvatore to blame for the Wade call.

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 07:00 PM

Agreed...

violentkitten
06-20-2006, 07:17 PM
what makes more sense than the nba jocking wade is jocking dirk. you get the double of a star from the largest economy in europe plus a white star to lure back all those whitebred caucasians out there who havent paid attention to the nba since bird retired.