PDA

View Full Version : Nearly two dozen Mavs fans greet their triumphant WC champions on their return

CubanMustGo
06-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Too funny ... I guess this is all the non-bandwagon fans they could find up here:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/nba/dallas_mavericks/14854729.htm

Mavs back on friendly turf
By BRYON OKADA
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS _ About two dozen hardcore fans greeted the Dallas Mavericks as they returned from Miami today, howling like coyotes and screaming "Happy Birthday Dirk" to Dirk Nowitzki, who turned 28 today.

The Mavs arrived just after 12:30 p.m. at Love Field, but did not greet the fans at the fence like they did after winning Game 7 against San Antonio earlier in the National Basketball Association playoffs.

The fans, some who had been waiting since 1 a.m., raced over to a security gate to continue cheering at the Mavs.

Erica Williams and other fans held up a sign that said: "Go Mavs, We Love Y’all."

She said she is confident the Mavs will come back in Tuesday’s NBA Finals Game 6 at the American Airlines Center.

"When you’re down and you get back up, it makes victory more sweet," Williams said. "I think they’ve got to channel this into a postive, like Phil Jackson was."

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 02:43 PM
TWO DOZEN???

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Way to represent. :tu

ducks
06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
2 dozen
MOUSE WHERE ARE YOU
YOU CALL OUT SPUR FANS FOR NOT SHOWING UP
WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?
ARE THEY THAT AsHAMDED OF AJ AND CUBAN

Kori Ellis
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Well I'll give it to them that most people are at work during that time.

But 2 dozen is still low.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Lame Mavfans with their stupid jobs....

Burn531
06-19-2006, 02:47 PM
About two dozen hardcore fans. :clap

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Ah, I misread. I thought they arrived at 1 a.m., then it suddenly occured to me that was only possible if Cuban had installed a transporter room.

Okay, 12:30 p.m. people have to work, but if they had won, I bet there would have been a few hundred.

Holmes_Fans
06-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Most of the fans were there last night. All playoff long they have left right after the game to come back, for some reason they left midday in Miami, there was never a time announced on when they would leave.

Plus the airport police blockaded all the roads so if you didn't get there hours early you were turned away