PDA

View Full Version : Enlighten me about Snackhouse

ATX Spur
06-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Why do my friends say this guy's a thug? What's his history?

I remember the tussle with Horry towards the end of the regular season, and then there's this last suspension.

What else?

ducks
06-19-2006, 03:54 PM
he is a mav and he takes after cuban

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 04:00 PM
He's a tough player that has had a few minor run-ins with people over the years...

He's accepted the 6th man role here better than anybody ever expected...when he came over in the trade everybody figured he'd be moved on to another team in another trade...

I have no complaints about Stack, but I'm still never comfortable when he has the ball at crunch time. He did hit some clutch baskets in the Spurs series though... :fro

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2006, 04:02 PM
He choked a female realtor a few years ago. He had leased a beach house and didn't want to leave when his week was up.

bulletedge
06-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Most realtors need to be choked...right after attorneys- JUST KIDDING FOLKS!!!

Pistons < Spurs
06-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Stack just don't take no shit from anyone. He's a tough player that is not afraid to get physical.

while in Detroit, he beat down C. Laetner on the team plane after getting into a fight about a card game.

I think it was last year he got into a fight w/ Kirk Snyder of Utah?

As mentioned there was the arrest for assault of some real estate lady he was renting from. If I recall corectly, it was blown out of proportion by the media.

And of course there was the scuffle with Robert "The Cannibal" Horry.

I've always liked Stack. The thug tag I guess can be used....but I do think it paints him to be much worse than he really is.

Darrin
06-19-2006, 04:17 PM
- He supposedly punched teammate Christian Laettner over a card game on Roundball One.

-He called Grant Hill "soft" after Hill said that he was excited about the 2000 training camp because all but one player attended non-manadatory workout sessions in Orlando. Stackhouse recounted that Hill didn't even attend the Pistons' non-mandatory workouts.

- He confronted Jerome Williams in the locker room after he made public comments about the Pistons "changing things" before an elimination game of a 2000 playoff series.

- In 2001, while with the Pistons, he got into an on-court shoving match with Mavericks center Shawn Bradley.

- His "posse" got into a confrontation with Allen Iverson's "posse" while both were playing in Philadelphia. Supposedly, that had a lot to do with him being traded to Detroit.

- He essentially called Michael Jordan and Doug Collins a bunch of back-stabbers in his one year with both of them in Washington.

- He shut it down with the Wizards a chronic knee ailment flared up, only to have the club announce that he was not seriously injured, and would be back to play. He played in 2 games and left.

- He got into it with Carlos Delfino in his one trip to the Palace this season.

- He testified during the Gold Club (a mob-run strip club) trial. He joined Latrell Sprewell, Patrick Ewing, and Terrell Davis, who were called to the stand to testify that sexual favors were offered to high-profile clients. There is no information on if any of the players in question accepted the "favors."

----

He's not perfect, but he remains a favorite of mine.

mavsfan1000
06-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Stackhouse is a thug. I'm not afraid to say it. I think he doesn't mind that image either. Don't fuck with Stackhouse or you will get hurt.