PDA

View Full Version : NBA reviewing Game 5 postgame actions

ducks
06-19-2006, 06:21 PM
NBA reviewing Game 5 postgame actions

DALLAS (AP) - The NBA said Monday it is reviewing the actions of Mavericks owner Mark Cuban and forward Dirk Nowitzki following the end of Game 5 of the NBA finals.

Upset over several calls that went against the Mavericks in the closing seconds of their 101-100 overtime loss to the Miami Heat on Sunday night, Cuban ran onto the court to vent at official Joe DeRosa, then stared down and screamed toward commissioner David Stern and a group of league officials, from the court, then the stands.

A league spokesman said Monday that NBA disciplinarian Stu Jackson wasn't at the game and hadn't reviewed what happened.

Even if any action is taken against Cuban, it may not be announced. Stern prefers to keep penalties against owners private. Penalties given to players are announced, and Nowitzki could be facing one for kicking the ball into the stands. Detroit's Richard Hamilton and Sacramento's Bonzi Wells were each fined $5,000 for throwing the ball off the court during games this season. Any penalty would be announced before Game 6, which is Tuesday night

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 06:23 PM
What exactly can the league do to Cubano other than fine him?

ducks
06-19-2006, 06:24 PM
not let him watch dallas play in person for game 6
and 9 other games

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 06:25 PM
not let him watch dallas play in person for game 6
and 9 other games

That would be an improvement.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 06:25 PM
They could take away his laptop.

mavsfan1000
06-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Fuck haven't they done enough damage to Dallas? Fuck the nba.

CosmicCowboy
06-19-2006, 06:29 PM

:lmao
:violin

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 06:30 PM
They could force him to get a grown man's haircut

ChumpDumper
06-19-2006, 06:30 PM
It's so cute how he curses just like Cuban.

Shank
06-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Dirk has been fined $5000 for the kick. Nothing on Cuban yet, but we may never hear if there is a penalty handed down.

DirkAB
06-19-2006, 06:32 PM

Haven't the Mavs shot themselves in the foot enough times to learn their lesson??? Seriously, do you think that repeatedly getting in trouble for this ridiculous and child-like behavior actually merits lenience??? Quite the opposite you fuckin' idiot, think before you complain.

ducks
06-19-2006, 06:33 PM
It's his approach they're not always fond of, which is why he's been fined more than $1.2 million since buying the team in January 2000. That includes a $200,000 tab this postseason.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2491783

ducks
06-19-2006, 06:34 PM
humm fining him does not work
maybe something else would.....

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 06:37 PM
They could force him to get a grown man's haircut

Hey man...don't rip on the "Moe wig"... :lol

mavsfan1000
Haven't the Mavs shot themselves in the foot enough times to learn their lesson??? Seriously, do you think that repeatedly getting in trouble for this ridiculous and child-like behavior actually merits lenience??? Quite the opposite you fuckin' idiot, think before you complain.
STFU you bitter kings fan who got owned by the Spurs. How is it feel to be fishing?

Trainwreck2100

Yes, they should be more lenient on those they have already punished

http://www.covers.com/images/2006/180x180/artest_ron060417.jpg

ducks
06-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Dirk has been fined $5000 for the kick. Nothing on Cuban yet, but we may never hear if there is a penalty handed down.

cuban has a BIG MOUTH AND WILL TELL IT

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Two words:

Shower Privileges.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-19-2006, 06:47 PM
I think they should restrict him from being there at the AAC for the game, or at least courtside. Tell him if he disobeys they'll start rewarding Miami with a technical free throw every 10 seconds until he leaves.

windboy226
06-19-2006, 06:53 PM
They just fined Dirk $5000 for the kicking the ball into the stands..

ShoogarBear
06-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Oh, the humanity.

Mavs_man_41
06-19-2006, 06:55 PM
STFU you bitter kings fan who got owned by the Spurs. How is it feel to be fishing?

I hate king fans. They think they have a place here because they were punching bags for the spurs all those years.

mavsfan1000
06-19-2006, 06:55 PM
They just fined Dirk $5000 for the kicking the ball into the stands..
Thank God. First time they've been consistent. Maybe that Avery talk helped them realize their faults.

JMarkJohns
06-19-2006, 06:58 PM
I think they should restrict him from being there at the AAC for the game, or at least courtside. Tell him if he disobeys they'll start rewarding Miami with a technical free throw every 10 seconds until he leaves.

They should wrap him up and muzzle him Hannibal Lecter style while allowing him to view the game from the sidelines. Oh how it would eat him up inside...

or maybe an electric dog collar?

:madrun http://www.savingadvice.com/forums/images/smilies/shocked/speechless-smiley-039.gif

JMarkJohns
06-19-2006, 07:04 PM
I hate king fans. They think they have a place here because they were punching bags for the spurs all those years.

Or maybe you hate them because you were their punching bag all those years. I believe the Spurs defeated the Kings for the first time in recent history.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Or maybe you hate them because you were their punching bag all those years. I believe the Spurs defeated the Kings for the first time in recent history.

Try the first time Ever.

picnroll
06-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Are the Mavs the biggest embarrasment to ever grace an NBA finals? Three suspended players, one for punching nuts, multiple fines, a coach that gets in front of reporters and constantly acts like a stupid bitch, an owner who is a complete twat. What a fucking freak show.

Pistons < Spurs
06-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Nowitzki Fined $5,000
19th June, 2006 - 8:07 pm
Press Release - Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki has been issued the standard fine of $5,000 for kicking a basketball into the stands, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred at the conclusion of the Mavericks’ 101-100 loss to the Miami Heat in Game 5 of the 2006 NBA Finals at AmericanAirlines Arena

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Looks like his kid can't go to college now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Thank God. First time they've been consistent. Maybe that Avery talk helped them realize their faults.

Yeah, it's not like they suspended Stackhouse for a shoulder block on Shaq after they suspended James Posey for a shoulder block on Kirk Hinrich or anything. It's about time they were consistent. :lol

George Gervin's Afro
06-19-2006, 07:26 PM
they should ban him from the arena..it would not allow him to celebrate with the fans and the team if they win...that would sting a bit

Obstructed_View
06-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Really, what does it matter what the league does to Cuban? It's not going to stop him. If you fined him a hundred million dollars and told him he could sell the team to avoid the fine you might have a shot. Otherwise he's going to run his stupid mouth, just like the idiots that follow the team and blindly make excuses for every shitty and classless thing they do.

nbascribe
06-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Here's what they should do:

1) Ban him from from sitting on the floor behind the Mavs' bench for both games. Force him to sit in one of the suites.

2) Fine him $200,000 for berating a television reporter who was just doing his job on FSN and for dropping the f bomb on live television.

3) Fine him another $100k for his coach berating a reporter in his press conference.

And warn him that if he does anything remote to embarrassing the league with his tirades or if he posts anything that criticizes the referees, then the process of maybe limiting his 'ownership' privilidges would be looked at.

Just because he owns an NBA franchise doesn't give him a reason to act an ass. That franchise is a priviledge and the Board of Governors can definitely go and find a way to fuck with him for good within legal grounds.

It's time to get him to act like a damn owner and not some spoiled as rich boy with courtside seats.

picnroll
06-19-2006, 08:11 PM
I have a feeling Stern, league officials and Cuban's fellow NBA owners are getting seriously tired of his act.

Obstructed_View
06-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Wrestling is popular, and most people would rather see melodrama than competition. As much as I love the idea of the NBA cracking down on Cuban, they are probably glad the Mavericks are there instead of the Spurs just for the ratings.

SPARKY
06-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Cuban is so 2001.

picnroll
06-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Actually wrestling has had a serious fall off in popularity and TV revenue.

link (http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060613/earns_world_wrestling.html?.v=5)

I'm not sure that Stern et. al. want to have the NBA viewed as a freak show in the global marketplace.

LEONARD
06-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Are the Mavs the biggest embarrasment to ever grace an NBA finals? Three suspended players, one for punching nuts, multiple fines, a coach that gets in front of reporters and constantly acts like a stupid bitch, an owner who is a complete twat. What a fucking freak show.

Mavs > all

:fro

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2006, 10:53 PM
They could take away his laptop.
:lmao

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
First make him sit in the bleacher seats that are like $11 each. Then fine him $200,000 for tellling off the reporter. Then fine him $250,000 for telling off the officiating on the internet. Then fine him $300,000 for being a douche. Then fine him $350,000 for being annoying. Then fine him $500,000 because no one likes him. And for the big finale, fine him $1,000,000 for having a ridiculous haircut and being the only owner who bitches like no one's ever bitched before and the only owner who wears his team gear.

Spurologist
06-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Breaking NEWS

Just got word from Gorilla's daily newspaper, the Gorilla Gazette. The number one victim for most wanted for gorilla gang raping is out.

Here he is:

Mark Cuban

shelshor
06-19-2006, 11:05 PM
:tu

:clap

Leetonidas
06-19-2006, 11:06 PM

Um...this season was the first that the Spurs had ever met the Kings in the playoffs. Dallas has been the Spurs punching bag for all those years, which is why Mavs fans think they have a place here.

Shank
06-19-2006, 11:31 PM
In 2001, Cuban was handed a 2-game ban from Reunion Arena for going into the court during a fight. But even after the ban, he vowed to be at the next game no matter what. Not many people know this, but Cuban was dressed up as a mascot for both games and watched from the sidelines. Should the league attempt to ban him again, he'll definitely be in the building. We just won't know who he is.

DaSpurs#1
06-19-2006, 11:33 PM
They could take away his laptop. :lmao that would take care of most of the fine he's been givin :rolleyes

I think they should restrict him from being there at the AAC for the game, or at least courtside. Tell him if he disobeys they'll start rewarding Miami with a technical free throw every 10 seconds until he leaves.that really wouldn't help Miami out at all if Shaq gets to shoot those free throws :depressed if Shaq got to shoot the free throws Mark Cuban might aswell stay :lol

Darrin
06-20-2006, 12:23 AM
What exactly can the league do to Cubano other than fine him?

Doc his team a win or two. Or a free agent signing or two.

milkyway21
06-20-2006, 12:54 AM
if Dallas is questioning the league's integrity over game 5 loss they shld not represent the NBA in the next season as Champions.

Let's give Larry to Miami.

What a disappointment and a joke to the league this team is.

1. Sore loser card :blah .

2.Dirk Nowitzki kicked a ball into the stands and went Daniel-san on garbage cans :lol

3. Avery Johnson tried to clown a reporter :madrun

4. Josh Howard was uncharacteristically testy.
(i really pity Howard, he played his best but those 2 missed crucial FTs will haunt him like Dirk if they lose the finals).

5. Mark Cuban? Don't bother dealing with him after a loss like that. He's replaying everything over in his head and deciphering what he's sending to the league office.

6. and this happened after a game when one of their players-Stackhouse was suspended for being so nice to ShaQ.

7. Saying or even questioning(overheard in the locker room), if whether they lost because the league was pandering for ratings->(good for another fine maybe?).

SOB, SOB, Waahhhhhhhhhhh! :cry

J.T.
06-20-2006, 01:12 AM

:tu

I vote Aggie to replace Stu Jackson. That would be a perfect penalty for Cuban.

Obstructed_View
06-20-2006, 01:33 AM
In 2001, Cuban was handed a 2-game ban from Reunion Arena for going into the court during a fight. But even after the ban, he vowed to be at the next game no matter what. Not many people know this, but Cuban was dressed up as a mascot for both games and watched from the sidelines. Should the league attempt to ban him again, he'll definitely be in the building. We just won't know who he is.
I'm not sure where you get your information, but as I remember it, Mark Cuban watched the following game on TV from a local bar with Mavericks fans. I'd be surprised if the NBA just suspends someone and trusts them not to show up at the arena. I imagine someone would have noticed the fat mascot that wasn't dunking from the trampoline during timeouts. I can't find a news article that goes back that far, but I'm pretty sure I'm right about this.

kalikot_boy_kr
06-20-2006, 12:31 PM
i said: suspend cuban by hanging his head!

Shank
06-20-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm not sure where you get your information, but as I remember it, Mark Cuban watched the following game on TV from a local bar with Mavericks fans. I'd be surprised if the NBA just suspends someone and trusts them not to show up at the arena. I imagine someone would have noticed the fat mascot that wasn't dunking from the trampoline during timeouts. I can't find a news article that goes back that far, but I'm pretty sure I'm right about this.

It was a 2-game ban. He watched one from a bar and did the mascot bit for the other.

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 04:19 PM
I was not reading this thread but are they gonna give a game 5 win to the Mavs?

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 04:24 PM
It was a 2-game ban. He watched one from a bar and did the mascot bit for the other.

LOL...forgot about that... :lol

Obstructed_View
06-20-2006, 05:35 PM
You said in an earlier post he was dressed as a mascot for both games. I call BS on this until you can post up any corroboration.

ShackO
06-20-2006, 08:17 PM
They should wrap him up and muzzle him Hannibal Lecter style while allowing him to view the game from the sidelines. Oh how it would eat him up inside...

or maybe an electric dog collar?

:madrun http://www.savingadvice.com/forums/images/smilies/shocked/speechless-smiley-039.gif

I would like to see him and stern go @ it bare fisted...........

Who cares who wins long as they both get hurt............:blah

ShackO
06-20-2006, 08:19 PM

Great avatar..................