PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think

Leetonidas
06-20-2006, 02:28 AM
I'm working on a new band, called "Mister Mercenary." The band I was in previously was crap...all the members were anus faces who never did shit so I said fuck it and I left.

I've started working on some songs all by myself...I only need someone to play drums and bass, which I may have found.

I made this album cover for the MySpace page I made for it (if I ever get music up I can promote it through that site...it's easy). What do you think?

http://myspace-882.vo.llnwd.net/00848/28/89/848379882_l.png

(It may suck...it's just a picture of me holding my guitar, but hey, I am the only band member right now)

xcoriate
06-20-2006, 05:42 AM
Generally you get tracks before the album cover...

never the less it looks pretty good.

Old School Chic
06-20-2006, 05:56 AM
:tu

angel_luv
06-20-2006, 06:01 AM
I like the right hand side of the cover... you holding the guitar looks really cool and I like the overall color scheme.

The only thing I don't like is the smoke like substance over your the bottom part of your face. It looks like it is suppose to be a mask, but the way the colors below your nose down a ways towards the text , makes your lower face seem a bit distorted. Maybe you could just break up the smoke in that area a bit.

Props though for creativity. I bet the final product will be awesome.

xcoriate
06-20-2006, 08:01 AM
I think its meant to be distorted, a collage of sorts, if you have it "clean" looking it wouldn't look so good, IMO.

angel_luv
06-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Yea I got the collage concept. The eyes look awesome as does the guitar.

I just don't like this one section ( nose and down).
http://i5.tinypic.com/152icyw.jpg

But I am just one consumer and if the music was good I would still buy the C.D.

Pistons < Spurs
06-20-2006, 08:43 AM
I think it's great. Very dark and grungy. Which I'm assuming would be somewhat reflective of the music itself. Much better than alot of cover art I've seen.

However, I do kind of agree w/ Angel. A litle too much dostortion IMO on the lower part of the face. As opposed to applying so much of the scratchy smoke effect there, try cleaning it up just a bit, and making it a little darker there instead. just a thought.

angel_luv
06-20-2006, 08:44 AM
I think it's great. Very dark and grungy. Which I'm assuming would be somewhat reflective of the music itself. Much better than alot of cover art I've seen.

However, I do kind of agree w/ Angel. A litle too much dostortion IMO on the lower part of the face. As opposed to applying so much of the scratchy smoke effect there, try cleaning it up just a bit, and making it a little darker there instead. just a thought.

My thought exactly- just better said. :)

pache100
06-20-2006, 10:03 AM

Even if a bandana was tied across the lower half of the face (across the nose), so that you could see the edge of the bandana, and then fade to the smoke, would be cool.

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Pretty cool

when do we get to hear it though? :spin

angel_luv
06-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Make my an autographed copy. :)

katyon6th
06-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Nice concept. I like the font treatment and the colors. Also, good choice on the picture used.

Like Angel suggested, soften the noise around your face. I think the picture of you needs to be the 'hero', not the text or the filters.

Also, if you plan on having your CD printed (which I'm sure you are), be sure to design in 300 dpi CMYK. Your CD cover, if 4/0 1 panel, should be around 4.75 in x 4.75 in. And your tray (the back of the CD), should be around 6 x 4.625. Be sure to keep the edge of your cover in mind for cutting purposes, you should leave at least an 1/8in around.

When you decide to print your CD, let me know. I'm sure I could give you a good deal. Or if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

spurs=bling
06-20-2006, 11:19 AM
very nice balla.

Jules
06-20-2006, 01:13 PM
The cover works well with the album title.

More importantly, you need to continue to write songs to complete the project. You should consider recording it yourself, allowing your creativity to flow. You can always pick up players along the way or find some cats to gig with.

Good luck.

Leetonidas
06-20-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm writing the songs and riffs and stuff. I have a few done. Keep in mind this isn't the real CD cover, it's more of a Splash I made for the page.

And angel, I kinda made everything below my eyes hard to see because I wanted the eyes to be focused on. :spin

TheRage
06-20-2006, 02:05 PM
can i sing in your band and can we rename it the Twinkle Toes. It is a play on the legend of the greek gods of Phyliuss. it means we stomp all we see with our blackened hearts.

Mixability
06-20-2006, 02:10 PM
You look like a terrorist in the picture.

:tu

The Album title should be, "Get Rich or Die for the Jihad".