PDA

View Full Version : Mavs only happy when they're benefactor

DarrinS
06-20-2006, 09:08 AM
The freakin rules of the NBA were changed to make the game have more "entertainment value". They were changed in a way that benefits "finesse" teams like Dallas and Phoenix. THESE SAME RULES are now biting Dallas in the ASS and it's hilarious!

Mav fan never complains when their team is the "benefactor" of these lame-ass rule changes, but they are up in arms when they are on the shit end of the deal. Sucks, Mav fan, doesn't it?

And Mav fan says the Spurs cry and complain too much? Did anyone witness all the freakin meltdowns and tantrums at the end of game 5? Which one is your favorite?

AJ: "Don't stutter."
Cuban: "Stern, you $@#$ @#$# F#$$CKER S0$ OF A B%$##%#!!!"
Dirk: "I sink I vill kick ze ball and ze streamahs. Yah. I sink I vill push dis bike down. Yah."

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Dirk...funny as hell...loved it...
Cuban...who cares...wouldn't expect anything different...
AJ...a bit of a dick move, but he wouldn't have done it to anyone but Sefko due to their episode a few months ago...

degenerate_gambler
06-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Dirk walking by the bike, looking at it, stopping and then giving it a clumsy push was the funniest one.

Shank
06-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Is it really necessary to start a new thread with this shit? Or do you really feel that your point is so strong that it warrants a new one?

DarrinS
06-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Is it really necessary to start a new thread with this shit? Or do you really feel that your point is so strong that it warrants a new one?

Sorry. I didn't feel like reading through 10+ pages of photos, from various angles, of the "phantom foul".

P.S. EAT ME

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Dirk walking by the bike, looking at it, stopping and then giving it a clumsy push was the funniest one.

It was genius...

Hellacious punt while the World Cup is in Germany...a nice tribute :lol

Terrible shove of the bike...no damage whatsoever...

Failed karate kick of something (scale?)...

If he comes out tonight and is fired up and tears it up, it's all good. If not, he just looks like a whiny, tantrum-throwing, pussy in the eyes of most...

leemajors
06-20-2006, 09:26 AM
It was genius...

Terrible shove of the bike...no damage whatsoever...

Failed karate kick of something (scale?)...

If he comes out tonight and is fired up and tears it up, it's all good. If not, he just looks like a whiny, tantrum-throwing, pussy in the eyes of most...

it looked like a light whose bulb and enclosure had fallen off the tripod with the force of the kick. one of those annoying lights they use in the tunnel for interviews.

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 09:30 AM
it looked like a light whose bulb and enclosure had fallen off the tripod with the force of the kick. one of those annoying lights they use in the tunnel for interviews.

Whatever it was, the kick was funny :lol

picnroll
06-20-2006, 09:38 AM
It was genius...

link (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/14857571.htm)

Michael Alan, a 63-year-old retired accountant, said he has been suffering headaches since Nowitzki's kick hit him in the right ear and right side of his face. ''I couldn't sleep because of the headaches,'' he said. ''It hurts to eat because my jaw hurts. If I continue to feel the way I feel now, then I will go to an attorney. I want somebody to say, `I'm sorry.'' '

Alan -- who said he suffers from heart disease and emphysema -- said he was rising from his seat when ``out of nowhere, a ball hit me. It's like a mule hit me. It knocked me down into my chair. I got a headache right away and my head was vibrating.''

His wife, Rosie, said, ``It was hilarious how ridiculously hard it was kicked. My husband has a lot of health conditions. He doesn't need this.''

Alan and his wife said they did not know Nowitzki had kicked the ball until they returned home from the game and turned on the television. 'I told my wife, `That's the ball that hit me!' '' he said.

Pretty funny shit eh LEONARD.

degenerate_gambler
06-20-2006, 09:45 AM
...because my jaw hurts. If I continue to feel the way I feel now, then I will go to an attorney. I want somebody to say, `I'm sorry.'' '

Oh brother..

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 09:51 AM

Michael Alan, a 63-year-old retired accountant, said he has been suffering headaches since Nowitzki's kick hit him in the right ear and right side of his face. ''I couldn't sleep because of the headaches,'' he said. ''It hurts to eat because my jaw hurts. If I continue to feel the way I feel now, then I will go to an attorney. I want somebody to say, `I'm sorry.'' '

Alan -- who said he suffers from heart disease and emphysema -- said he was rising from his seat when ``out of nowhere, a ball hit me. It's like a mule hit me. It knocked me down into my chair. I got a headache right away and my head was vibrating.''

His wife, Rosie, said, ``It was hilarious how ridiculously hard it was kicked. My husband has a lot of health conditions. He doesn't need this.''

Alan and his wife said they did not know Nowitzki had kicked the ball until they returned home from the game and turned on the television. 'I told my wife, `That's the ball that hit me!' '' he said.

Unfortunate...if it's true...

But they should try to corral the wild mule in the AAA...

Shank
06-20-2006, 09:51 AM

I think it's fucking hilarious! This old fuck probably smokes a pack a day through a trache tube and would like to get paid before he kicks the proverbial bucket. All he wants is an "I'm sorry"? No problem. Dirk can say that. Problem solved.

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 09:52 AM
I think it's fucking hilarious! This old fuck probably smokes a pack a day through a trache tube and would like to get paid before he kicks the proverbial bucket. All he wants is an "I'm sorry"? No problem. Dirk can say that. Problem solved.

:lmao

picnroll
06-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Shank why don't you let a few of us trying kicking basketballs at your head. I think that would be fucking hiarious too.

ChumpDumper
06-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Is it really necessary to start a new thread with this shit? Or do you really feel that your point is so strong that it warrants a new one?Any Mav thread with the word "benefactor" in the title stays.

MadDog73
06-20-2006, 10:01 AM

I thought you didn't think this thread was necessary?

Funny you chime in to laugh at the pain of others...

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 10:02 AM
I thought you didn't think this thread we necessary?

Funny you chime in to laugh at the pain of others...

1. He needs an attorney for an apology?

2. No security people came over to check on him??

Unfortunate and unlucky if it did hit him...but you have to doubt a little until more details are out...

Hook Dem
06-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Mavericks and their fans melting down is priceless! :lol :lol :lol

MadDog73
06-20-2006, 10:11 AM
1. He needs an attorney for an apology?

2. No security people came over to check on him??

Unfortunate and unlucky if it did hit him...but you have to doubt a little until more details are out...

I'll take the benefit of the doubt in his favor.

I'd rather look over-sensitive than like an insesitive jerk... but that's just who I am.

I do find it ironic that Shank was so offended by this thread, he felt it necessary to post how stupid it was, but then lit up like a drunk on New Years when a chance was afforded him to make fun of others.

(NOTE: no insult to drunks, Irish or otherwise, was intended) :angel

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 10:19 AM
It was pretty pointless until the link about the guy getting hit was posted ;)

MadDog73
06-20-2006, 10:24 AM

Maybe it's just me, but we're on a basketball message board...

Almost everything here is pretty pointless. But it's more fun than work!

picnroll
06-20-2006, 10:26 AM
AJ's wife getting into with fans in A and Phoenix.
Cuban and M'Benga getting into it with fans along with AJ's wife in Phoenix.
Dirk nailing fans in Miami and beating up excercise bikes.
Terry throwing nut shots.
Avery going menstrual all over the press.
Cuban going Tourette's in print and speech.

Dayam, if Stern isn't fixing games he should be just to keep the Mavs out of any future playoffs. Fucking embarrassment to the league.

Shank
06-20-2006, 10:31 AM

Bingo.

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Maybe it's just me, but we're on a basketball message board...

Almost everything here is pretty pointless. But it's more fun than work!

:smokin

AJ's wife getting into with fans in A and Phoenix.
Cuban and M'Benga getting into it with fans along with AJ's wife in Phoenix.
Dirk nailing fans in Miami and beating up excercise bikes.
Terry throwing nut shots.
Avery going menstrual all over the press.
Cuban going Tourette's in print and speech.

Dayam, if Stern isn't fixing games he should be just to keep the Mavs out of any future playoffs. Fucking embarrassment to the league.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Skank,

Tell you what. Let's meet up in Dallas and I'll kick basketballs at your head. We'll see how you like it then.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 10:41 AM
What a waste of good basketballs that would be.

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Skank,

Tell you what. Let's meet up in Dallas and I'll kick basketballs at your head. We'll see how you like it then.

How do you even know the guy got hit???

Got home, saw the replay, and decided that he was going to have some headaches... :lol

picnroll
06-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I guess when you kick a basketball into a crowd of about 20,000 people chances it's going to hit someone is pretty remote.

Where's the emoticom for dumbshit?

MadDog73
06-20-2006, 10:56 AM

How do you even know the guy got hit???

How do you know he didn't?

Like I said, I'd rather err on the side of compassion...

Or, you can be like Shank and celebrate bratty behavior and kick basketballs into the stands, hoping people get hurt.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I guess when you kick a basketball into a crowd of about 20,000 people chances it's going to hit someone is pretty remote.

The way Dirk has been shooting?

LEONARD
06-20-2006, 11:06 AM

Where's the emoticom for dumbshit?

Still not all that great of chance of hitting somebody that's NOT paying attention in the side of the head...

and then no security checks on the guy that just got hit by a BASKETBALL punted into the stands? Doubtful...

Darrin
06-20-2006, 11:09 AM
The freakin rules of the NBA were changed to make the game have more "entertainment value". They were changed in a way that benefits "finesse" teams like Dallas and Phoenix. THESE SAME RULES are now biting Dallas in the ASS and it's hilarious!

Mav fan never complains when their team is the "benefactor" of these lame-ass rule changes, but they are up in arms when they are on the shit end of the deal. Sucks, Mav fan, doesn't it?

And Mav fan says the Spurs cry and complain too much? Did anyone witness all the freakin meltdowns and tantrums at the end of game 5? Which one is your favorite?

Dirk: "I sink I vill kick ze ball and ze streamahs. Yah. I sink I vill push dis bike down. Yah."

This sounds like a celebration. I got it, let's keep a corrupt system so the league can screw the Spurs whenever they want to. You should be looking for allies, not dancing on Dallas' grave.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Dallas isn't going to be any kind of ally. They don't want fair calls, they just want calls going their way.

v2freak
06-20-2006, 12:08 PM

I vote for "Don't stutter" but your Dirk impression is priceless!

kalikot_boy_kr
06-20-2006, 12:19 PM
hahhahahha! here i goes this way! nation hate the mavs! i dont know why? hahhaa!

kalikot_boy_kr
06-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Dallas isn't going to be any kind of ally. They don't want fair calls, they just want calls going their way.
>>good reason......

George Gervin's Afro
06-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Skank,

I wouldn't waste good basketballs on skank's head..

Shank
06-20-2006, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't waste good basketballs on skank's head..

Someone already beat you to that nugget of comedy gold. Try again.

picnroll
06-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Someone already beat you to that nugget of comedy gold. Try again.
How about "to small a target" then.

RonMexico
06-20-2006, 02:37 PM

He was expecting a foul to be called on the bike, because NO ONE (and I mean no one - like Bill Simmons in his latest article) seems to remember when Dirk got every call no matter where he moved and he SHOT 24 FTs in one game and MADE 21 of them!!! Well, I mean no one but Spurs fans and Suns fans and the three Memphis fans that still watch when the Grizz make the playoffs - but basically the teams and fans that had to endure his cake walk to the Finals in the first place... so sorry that Dwayne Wade attacks the basket and gets a lot of touch fouls on the perimeter... but I guess that was ok when Bowen got called for it in Game 4 with like 5 seconds remaining...

DFW Spurs
06-20-2006, 02:39 PM
F@cking hilarious title. "The Benefactor” Isn’t that cubans crappy show that ripped off of the apprentice that got canceled.

JHoLove
06-20-2006, 03:16 PM
F@cking hilarious title. "The Benefactor” Isn’t that cubans crappy show that ripped off of the apprentice that got canceled.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

angel_luv
06-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Speaking of "Benefactor"... that was the one and only period of time that I have liked Cuban.

1Parker1
06-20-2006, 03:51 PM
:lol I can't believe you actually watched that show, Angel!!

angel_luv
06-20-2006, 04:10 PM
:lol I can't believe you actually watched that show, Angel!!

:depressed I was alone and lonely in Houston.

The worse part is that I wrote and told Mark Cuban how much I liked that show and I had decided he was all right after all. :oops

angel_luv
06-20-2006, 04:10 PM
The way Dirk has been shooting?

v2freak
06-20-2006, 05:18 PM
He was expecting a foul to be called on the bike, because NO ONE (and I mean no one - like Bill Simmons in his latest article) seems to remember when Dirk got every call no matter where he moved and he SHOT 24 FTs in one game and MADE 21 of them!!! Well, I mean no one but Spurs fans and Suns fans and the three Memphis fans that still watch when the Grizz make the playoffs - but basically the teams and fans that had to endure his cake walk to the Finals in the first place... so sorry that Dwayne Wade attacks the basket and gets a lot of touch fouls on the perimeter... but I guess that was ok when Bowen got called for it in Game 4 with like 5 seconds remaining...

THANK YOU!

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2006, 05:52 PM
How could an owner, a coach, and a team's fans have the sheer audacity to believe they were screwed, or that "a foul should not have been called in that situation"?

I listened to mike and mike today this morning, and seriously every fucking caller said they shouldn't have called a foul then. Amazingly, one of the hosts intervened and did mention "Noone was complaining when we got these calls against san antonio, cuz we were winning." A sound voice of reason. But obviously true.

Dirk goes to the line to seal games 3 and 4. Game 4 dirk wasn't even driving the fucking lane, he pump faked and got a weak body foul.

Dwyane was held and pushed, go eat shit mavs fans. Fucking scum.

Obstructed_View
06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
I saw Manu Ginobili foul out of a game on a weak pump fake/backwards jump by Jason Terry and as much as I didn't think it should be called, it was a foul. I saw Manu Ginobili get called for an and-1 against Dirk at the end of a critical game, and as much as I thought it could have been a no-call, they called it. The foul on Wade was more of a foul than either of those, but I didn't hear any Mavericks fans saying "yeah, we got away with one there" after those calls.

RON ARTEST
06-20-2006, 06:46 PM
this is a dumb title for a thread. isnt every team happy when they are the benefactor? have the spurs ever been in a game where you know the refs favored them very much and you say to yourself "wow we got away with one". but when the spurs lose because the refs did a bad job you guys start thread after thread talking about how much you got screwed.

Obstructed_View
06-20-2006, 06:52 PM
this is a dumb title for a thread. isnt every team happy when they are the benefactor? have the spurs ever been in a game where you know the refs favored them very much and you say to yourself "wow we got away with one". but when the spurs lose because the refs did a bad job you guys start thread after thread talking about how much you got screwed.
If the Maloofs start writing blogs on the web about how their overriding concern is "the good of the game" they'll be called out if they only bitch after a loss. You of all people should remember when the Kings lost that game to the Mavs on the blatant missed goaltend at the end. I certainly don't remember Mr. "we just want the calls to be correct" campaigning for the game to be awarded to the Kings.

ChumpDumper
06-20-2006, 07:23 PM
The thread title rocks.

http://www.business-opportunities.biz/upload/the-benefactor.jpg

violentkitten
06-20-2006, 07:28 PM
if cuban can continue to get away with shit i expect the maloofs and sarver to turn up the stupidity.