PDA

View Full Version : Victoria's Secret

katyon6th
06-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Victoria's Secret's Semi-Annual Sale is here! Panties galore!

Oh dear.

If TTIWWP, go here (www.victoriassecret.com).

easjer
06-20-2006, 10:54 AM
I really like their lotion/bath products, especially Vanilla Lace, Pear Glace, and Strawberries & Champagne. Mmmmm, smells like anglefood cake with fruit . . .

Mixability
06-20-2006, 10:55 AM
I guess I should plan on taking my gf shopping now, cause I KNOW she got the email already........... :pctoss :lol

tlongII
06-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the link!

katyon6th
06-20-2006, 11:01 AM
I guess I should plan on taking my gf shopping now, cause I KNOW she got the email already........... :pctoss :lol

Good man.

Mixability
06-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Good man.

Well, she deserves it!

And I'm not gonna lie, VS is pricey compared to other places, but damn, do those extra dollars look good the 5 seconds she actually wears the stuff in the bedroom! :eyebrows

katyon6th
06-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Well, she deserves it!

And I'm not gonna lie, VS is pricey compared to other places, but damn, do those extra dollars look good the 5 seconds she actually wears the stuff in the bedroom! :eyebrows

VS is so worth every penny. The quality if far superior to that of, say, Hanes. :lol

turambar85
06-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Is it true that Victorias sectret is that Victoria has a penis? Thats what I heard somewhere, that he/she is a he/she.

Mixability
06-20-2006, 11:21 AM
VS is so worth every penny. The quality if far superior to that of, say, Hanes. :lol

she got one of those new strapless bras, wow. talk about defying the laws of gravity. ;)

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Panties Galore.

That should be a store name unto itself.

katyon6th
06-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Panties Galore.

That should be a store name unto itself.

It's mine. I should copyright that shit.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I think Ian Fleming might contest that.

Jekka
06-20-2006, 11:45 AM
I really like their lotion/bath products, especially Vanilla Lace, Pear Glace, and Strawberries & Champagne. Mmmmm, smells like anglefood cake with fruit . . .

I have the strawberries and champagne shampoo and conditioner, and it rocks. I should probably stock up while it's on sale.

Jimcs50
06-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I think Ian Fleming might contest that.

From the grave?

furry_spurry
06-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Wish they sold my cup size!

Jules
06-20-2006, 01:01 PM
FYI- Victoria's Secret catalogs go out at the rate of one million per day, squandering virgin tree fiber sourced from ancient forests. They have also been cited for labor violations and discrimination.

Mixability
06-20-2006, 01:03 PM
FYI- Victoria's Secret catalogs go out at the rate of one million per day, squandering virgin tree fiber sourced from ancient forests. They have also been cited for labor violations and discrimination.

Yeah, but their catalogs produce alot of "wood" too, just ask tlong.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 01:05 PM
From the grave?

Speaking of back from the dead.

Jekka
06-20-2006, 01:05 PM

I don't shop there normally on principle - my best friend worked there for a semester and they treated her (and everyone else who worked there) like shit. I have a giftcard there from someone, and I don't want to waste it since the money has already been spent.

But in addition to how they treat their employees, I was pretty pissed off when they came out with their new mannequins that have the ribs sculpted in.

tlongII
06-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't shop there normally on principle - my best friend worked there for a semester and they treated her (and everyone else who worked there) like shit. I have a giftcard there from someone, and I don't want to waste it since the money has already been spent.

But in addition to how they treat their employees, I was pretty pissed off when they came out with their new mannequins that have the ribs sculpted in.

Why would this piss you off?

1Parker1
06-20-2006, 01:35 PM

I thought all Mannequins had that, or at least it appears that they do.

Jekka
06-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Most mannequins are fairly smooth, or they have the bottom of the rib cage slightly sculpted in - the new Victoria's Secret ones that I have seen have individual ribs sculpted in pretty damn blatantly. It may not offend you, tlong, but to some women it's just reinforcing an unattainable standard. I'm not saying that all women should stop shopping there because of the aesthetic they promote, but I do not shop there because of it, and that's my personal choice.

1Parker1
06-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Damn Jekka, I probably would not have even noticed the difference. Now I'll have to check and make sure the next time I'm at the mall :lol

Mixability
06-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Damn, I knew women get jealous of other women, but getting jealous of a mannequin! :angel

Jekka
06-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Damn Jekka, I probably would not have even noticed the difference. Now I'll have to check and make sure the next time I'm at the mall :lol

:lol I hope they haven't done that at all the stores, but the last time I walked by the ones at the Riverwalk and at the Houston Galleria it really stood out.

tlongII
06-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Most mannequins are fairly smooth, or they have the bottom of the rib cage slightly sculpted in - the new Victoria's Secret ones that I have seen have individual ribs sculpted in pretty damn blatantly. It may not offend you, tlong, but to some women it's just reinforcing an unattainable standard. I'm not saying that all women should stop shopping there because of the aesthetic they promote, but I do not shop there because of it, and that's my personal choice.

I think there is WAY too much complaining about this "unattainable standard" crap. What Americans should be complaining about is the multitudes of overweght people in this country. We have the fattest population of any country in the world and there is no good reason for it.

Jekka
06-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Damn, I knew women get jealous of other women, but getting jealous of a mannequin! :angel

It's hardly jealousy. I've been skinny enough to see my ribs without stretching, and it was not a healthy place physically - and it's not a healthy place for most women.

Mixability
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
It's hardly jealousy. I've been skinny enough to see my ribs without stretching, and it was not a healthy place physically - and it's not a healthy place for most women.

I forgot to use the sarcasm font. :oops

Jekka
06-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I think there is WAY too much complaining about this "unattainable standard" crap. What Americans should be complaining about is the multitudes of overweght people in this country. We have the fattest population of any country in the world and there is no good reason for it.

And the likelihood is that you've never been a woman that is expected to live up to those "unattainable standards".

Jekka
06-20-2006, 01:51 PM
I forgot to use the sarcasm font. :oops

:lol

John Doe
06-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Panties, glorious panties!!!!! (best Eric Forman impersonation)

tlongII
06-20-2006, 01:54 PM
And the likelihood is that you've never been a woman that is expected to live up to those "unattainable standards".

Well duuuhhh! Who expects you to live up to some unattainable standard anyway? If you exercise regularly and try to eat right, my guess is that you will probably feel pretty good about yourself...regardless of what some mannequin looks like.

Jekka
06-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Eh, there's really no point trying to reason about this with a guy that has spent a decent amount of time on this forum posting pictures of women that embody unattainable standards.

1Parker1
06-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Eh, there's really no point trying to reason about this with a guy that has spent a decent amount of time on this forum posting pictures of women that embody unattainable standards.

:lol Sorry Tlong but you were :owned on that one.

PM5K
06-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Victoria's Secret is overrated, or at the very least over priced....

1Parker1
06-20-2006, 02:28 PM
^Definitely agree with you there. I do buy my undies from there though and I like their lotions and body sprays. :oops

However their bras are way too over-priced.

tlongII
06-20-2006, 02:56 PM

That's only because you cannot bring a reasonable argument. Do I post pics of hot chicks? Sure. Are most of them representative of a standard that women should aspire to? I don't think so. People should aspire to be the best they can be. Everybody knows where they are on their own continuum.

Phenomanul
06-20-2006, 03:10 PM
^Definitely agree with you there. I do buy my undies from there though and I like their lotions and body sprays. :oops

However their bras are way too over-priced.

Those red ones from your Bravatar looked like they were VS stock... Although I would add this is not my particular area of expertise...

1Parker1
06-20-2006, 03:16 PM
:lol That wasn't a bra, that was actually a slutty halter top. :oops

Old School Chic
06-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Those red ones from your Bravatar looked like they were VS stock... Although I would add this is not my particular area of expertise...

Sure............ :lol

Phenomanul

I guess you didn't show enough for me to make the distinction... :spin :angel

jman3000
:nerd @ this thread

Old School Chic

:lmao

Old School Chic
06-20-2006, 03:19 PM
How come this thread wasn't around when we had our bravatars up? :spin

1Parker1
06-20-2006, 03:27 PM
I guess you didn't show enough for me to make the distinction... :spin :angel

Phenomanul
06-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Sure............ :lol

It's true... I'm a gentleman, down to the core. :angel

(and here I am in a Victoria's Secret thread.... he he he... :lol )

Jules
06-20-2006, 04:23 PM

I agree, especially with childhood obesity and the high surge in diabetes over the past few years.

While I agree that it's no secret that these models posses unattainable dimensions (vs. BMI standards), the bigger issue is how this affects young women and how it can be a driving factor for unnecessary surgery and high-risk diet and exercise regimens.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
06-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Aww yeah, a pantyvatar thread coming to the forum soon??.....

tlongII
06-20-2006, 04:45 PM
I agree, especially with childhood obesity and the high surge in diabetes over the past few years.

While I agree that it's no secret that these models posses unattainable dimensions (vs. BMI standards), the bigger issue is how this affects young women and how it can be a driving factor for unnecessary surgery and high-risk diet and exercise regimens.

I get what you are saying, but how big of a problem is unnecessary surgery and high-risk diet anyway? It's probably a problem in SoCal, but otherwise I doubt that it's very common. I don't see an exercise regimen as a problem either.

Jules
06-20-2006, 04:55 PM
I get what you are saying, but how big of a problem is unnecessary surgery and high-risk diet anyway? It's probably a problem in SoCal, but otherwise I doubt that it's very common. I don't see an exercise regimen as a problem either.

I suppose I should clarify this by saying that I was referring to the impact on teens/adolescents. I was certainly not stating that exercise regimens are problematic; I was talking about high-risk diet & exercise, which derived from various polls I've read regarding the topic of self-perception.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 05:09 PM
The problem with those mannequins is that they are blatently promoting an unhealthy body style. Would TLong have an issue with mannequins that promoted an obese body style?

I was actually the one who noticed the ribs when we were leaving a movie. They mannequins in question projected a bod style of a person who was about 5'10" and weighed maybe 110lbs. That is SEVERELY underweight.

I understand what TLong is saying here, but I don't understand why he has a problem with Jekka expressing what she already deemed a personal view/choice. She's not complaining about too many skinny girls on TV or too many skinny girls in ads or too many skinny girls in Tlongs signature. She's complaining about a major company using UNHEALTHY figures as part of their marketing which has a very deep effect on young women. The figures on eating disorders for teenage girls are not pretty.

And it isn't like she focuses on the skinny aspect of things. Jess is pretty much against fast food and a lot of unhealthy foods that are promoted torwards children as well.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Also, I can almost guarntee you that if you asked teenage girls to describe a healthy body style, the vast majority would paint you the picture of a woman too skinny. There is a big misunderstanding on just what is healthy.

katyon6th
06-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Goddamnit.

Why isn't anyone else excited about buying their panties and other crap at 20-50% off?

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 05:16 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smieyebrow.gif

I get more excited when the panties are 100% off.

Pistons < Spurs
06-20-2006, 05:18 PM

:lmao :lmao

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 05:19 PM
:lmao

Nice setup, katy.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 05:22 PM

I don't even think she realizes when she does it.

katyon6th
06-20-2006, 05:23 PM

I don't even think she realizes when she does it.

What the FUCK is that supposed to mean?

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 05:24 PM
That you set up jokes without knowing it?

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 05:25 PM
What the FUCK is that supposed to mean?

Um, nothing. So how much off do you usually get your panties?

katyon6th
06-20-2006, 05:25 PM
That you set up jokes without knowing it?

Oh, okay.

katyon6th
06-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Shoog, stop trying to get me to say things you can use against me in the future.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Katy hates having her panties any less than 30% off.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Shoog, stop trying to get me to say things you can use against me in the future.

Now, now. Don't get them in a wad.

katyon6th
06-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Hilarious, Manny.

PM5K
06-20-2006, 05:45 PM
You know what shocks me more than that, over here at La Cantera, they setup those manequins in the windows in some pretty provocative poses, the kind that would make a grown man blush....

tlongII
06-20-2006, 06:04 PM
The problem with those mannequins is that they are blatently promoting an unhealthy body style. Would TLong have an issue with mannequins that promoted an obese body style?

I was actually the one who noticed the ribs when we were leaving a movie. They mannequins in question projected a bod style of a person who was about 5'10" and weighed maybe 110lbs. That is SEVERELY underweight.

I understand what TLong is saying here, but I don't understand why he has a problem with Jekka expressing what she already deemed a personal view/choice. She's not complaining about too many skinny girls on TV or too many skinny girls in ads or too many skinny girls in Tlongs signature. She's complaining about a major company using UNHEALTHY figures as part of their marketing which has a very deep effect on young women. The figures on eating disorders for teenage girls are not pretty.

And it isn't like she focuses on the skinny aspect of things. Jess is pretty much against fast food and a lot of unhealthy foods that are promoted torwards children as well.

Manny, I have no problem with Jekka expressing ANY view as she seems to be a fine person to me. I am merely stating my opinion on the subject and I will admit that I do like to be argumentative. The reason those mannequins are so skinny is because the clothes look better on thin models rather than thicker ones. If this were not true, the stores wouldn't do this. I would rather look at a girl that is 5-10, 110 lbs than one that is 5-10, 310 lbs.

tlongII
06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
You know what shocks me more than that, over here at La Cantera, they setup those manequins in the windows in some pretty provocative poses, the kind that would make a grown man blush....

I don't have a problem with this either.

PM5K
06-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I don't have a problem with this either.

Well I guess I don't really have a problem with it per say...

SpursWoman
06-20-2006, 06:09 PM

That was sublime. :tu :lmao

Jekka
06-20-2006, 06:26 PM

:rolleyes I'm very impressed that you watch the OC, tlong, but most high schools aren't like that. Most girls have to throw up in between class periods to look like Mischa Barton, and more of them try than you think.

jman3000
06-20-2006, 06:27 PM
meat = good

Spicoli's Girlfriend
06-20-2006, 06:30 PM
^ I agree. Bunch of lazyasses and people that sit behind the computer all day...hmmm

People need to stop eating fast food already. Yuck can't even believe you guys can chew it without throwing-up

tlongII
06-20-2006, 06:33 PM
:rolleyes I'm very impressed that you watch the OC, tlong, but most high schools aren't like that. Most girls have to throw up in between class periods to look like Mischa Barton, and more of them try than you think.

Never seen the OC, but I've heard of it. I would be willing to bet you that there are more girls with obesity problems than with bulimia or anorexia.

Oooohhh, and I hate that "roll eyes" smiley! It is soooo condescending.

jman3000
06-20-2006, 06:38 PM
just for the record... is nasty...

maybe not nasty... just not my type I reckon.

tlongII
06-20-2006, 06:40 PM
I've got to go now so with that I declare victory in this pseudo-debate.

Jekka
06-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Never seen the OC, but I've heard of it. I would be willing to bet you that there are more girls with obesity problems than with bulimia or anorexia.

Oooohhh, and I hate that "roll eyes" smiley! It is soooo condescending.

A girl does not have to be underweight to have an eating disorder, and I guarantee that it is a much bigger problem than you think.

And would you rather me type out that I'm rolling my eyes? Because it happened. I'm not being condescending, I'm just frustrated that you think eating disorders are petty in comparison to obesity when both issues are only going to be resolved by the promotion of a healthy body image and lifestyle - to which companies like Victoria's Secret do not contribute.

ashbeeigh
06-20-2006, 06:46 PM
I thought they only used skinny models because it cost less because of the fabric cost?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2006, 06:57 PM
How did this thread get to three pages without any pics of Adriana Lima or Marissa Miller?

:depressed

Old School Chic
06-20-2006, 07:01 PM
How did this thread get to three pages without any pics of Adriana Lima or Marissa Miller?

Easy...

It's about Bra/Panty sale not the Hot chic thread :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Easy...

It's about Bra/Panty sale not the Hot chic thread :lol

Why not solve the problem by posting pics of the women in the panties/bras that are on sale?

ashbeeigh
06-20-2006, 10:56 PM

And didn't you read the thread about body image issues? Although the two of them are beautiful, I would hardly saw they have the ideal "heathly" body image.

Carie
06-21-2006, 05:02 AM
The reason those mannequins are so skinny is because the clothes look better on thin models rather than thicker ones.Sculpted ribs won't make a bit of difference in the fit of the clothing. And Jekka wasn't complaining that the mannequins are a size 0, but that their ribs are too prominent. That's not healthy on anyone. And I'd wager a bet that she's not jealous of women whose ribs stick out.

I'm not saying your argument about obesity has no merit, but it has nothing to do with her point. Unhealthy is unhealthy, be it too skinny or too big. You keep talking about how it looks to you, her argument is about the unhealthy body image it projects. Two completely seperate topics.

tlongII
06-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Sculpted ribs won't make a bit of difference in the fit of the clothing. And Jekka wasn't complaining that the mannequins are a size 0, but that their ribs are too prominent. That's not healthy on anyone. And I'd wager a bet that she's not jealous of women whose ribs stick out.

I'm not saying your argument about obesity has no merit, but it has nothing to do with her point. Unhealthy is unhealthy, be it too skinny or too big. You keep talking about how it looks to you, her argument is about the unhealthy body image it projects. Two completely seperate topics.

I have never seen these mannequins so I cannot say how they look to me. I am just assuming that they look like other mannequins.

1Parker1
06-21-2006, 03:43 PM
A little off topic, but does anyone else find it funny that even the mannequins at sotres like Lane Bryant (which is for plus sizes) have manequins that are somewhat thicker than the 100 pound mannequins, meaning that they are 110 pound looking mannequins. It took me months before I found out that it was a store for Plus Sized people. :lol