PDA

View Full Version : Stern on Cuban: 6/20 KNBR-FM (SFO) Interview

CubanMustGo
06-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Wait, Stern has even more to say on the subject:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2491783

Commissioner David Stern said Tuesday he believes that outbursts by Dallas owner Mark Cuban are "not healthy for either him or the game."

"I don't think he is crazy. I think he is smart. I think his recent loss of self control is not planned and not calculated, and I think if he could, he would like to have some of it back," Stern said in an interview on San Francisco radio station KNBR. "Because at bottom, I really do believe it distracts the players and that can't be good. It sets a bad tone.

"He is very smart, he has to take credit and should be given credit for putting together a great team and giving his fans the entertainment experience in that building which is terrific. But at times I think he loses control and that is not healthy for either him or the game."

Cuban was irate over what he considered a series of officiating breakdowns at the end of Dallas' 101-100 overtime loss to the Miami Heat on Sunday night. The loss left the Mavericks trailing the series 3-2 and facing elimination going into Game 6 in Dallas on Tuesday night.

When time ran out in Game 5, Cuban ran onto the court to vent at official Joe DeRosa, then stared down and screamed toward Stern and a group of league officials, from the court, then the stands.

[there's more, but it's a reheash of what's already been said.]

kalikot_boy_kr
06-20-2006, 12:07 PM
what a fuck!!!!!! what this man think of himself? a coach>? a player? i cant even respect him as the owner?

SPARKY
06-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Stern's been on the warpath as of late vis a vis Cubano. He knows fines won't do anything. Ridicule, however...

texlawman
06-20-2006, 12:37 PM
I agree his comments were insightful.

"Mark has known for sometime know that I have an eight foot corncob stuck up my ass" Stern remarked. "His blatent attempts to dislodge the cob and force me to interact with the common fan will not be tolerated."

" I respect Mark and his vision. He has built a competitive team and brings energy and enthusiasm to the game." remarked Stern. "Where Mark and I disagree is where he tries to hold officals accountable for their actions and call games properly." "Officals exist to generate revenue for the league and promote superstars to sell jerseys." "Attempts to stymie this effort will be dealt with harshly." Quipped Stern.

"On another note I have decided to suspend Dirk Nowitzki for for kicking an exercise bike in the hallway and punting a ball into the stands." "Originally, we had issued a fine for Dirk, but we realized that Miami would lose if they had to play better talent on the road so we kicked up the screw job another notch!" "Enjoy the series!"

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2006, 12:45 PM
texlaw, the insecurity in your post is fitting, it sounds about what I'd expect out of your wuss coach and wuss owner.

texlawman
06-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Has nothing to do with the Mavericks. I've always thought Stern was a tool. That feeling will not change regardless of who wins the series :spin

Shank
06-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Can we get another Cuban thread?

kalikot_boy_kr
06-20-2006, 12:56 PM
what makes cuban a better team? are u crazy? all of the mavs player are moron! u know that? m.o.r.o.n.

texlawman
06-20-2006, 01:04 PM
If you could speak English we might take you seriously. Until then go back to grammer school and STFU.

Darrin
06-20-2006, 01:07 PM
That's it; I've lost all respect for David Stern.

Obstructed_View
06-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Dallas "proper officiating":

Mavericks free throw advantage, largest in the league at home, is extended to everyone else's home floor as well.
All calls go for Mavericks all the time.
All outcomes go for Mavericks all the time.

Fight for your rights, Dallas pussies! You shouldn't have to stand for being treated like everyone else. After all, you are from Dallas!

texlawman
06-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Unless you flew Dan Crawford to town for Game 6 I suspect you'll see a different outcome and less "phantom" Wade foul calls this game. Perhaps they will also call Shaq for molesting our players this game as well.

Darrin
06-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Dallas "proper officiating":

Mavericks free throw advantage, largest in the league at home, is extended to everyone else's home floor as well.
All calls go for Mavericks all the time.
All outcomes go for Mavericks all the time.

Fight for your rights, Dallas pussies! You shouldn't have to stand for being treated like everyone else. After all, you are from Dallas!

How obtuse.

pache100
06-20-2006, 02:25 PM
When time ran out in Game 5, Cuban ran onto the court to vent at official Joe DeRosa, then stared down and screamed toward Stern and a group of league officials, from the court, then the stands.

Why is one media outlet after another reporting this if it didn't happen?

texlawman
06-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Stern himself said Cuban didn't speak to him. This is just a bunch of Malarky from Greg Cote of the Miami Harold. True enough, Cuban acted like a fool, but what else is new. Mr. Cote however, took quite a few liberties with the story.

nbascribe
06-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Has nothing to do with the Mavericks. I've always thought Stern was a tool. That feeling will not change regardless of who wins the series :spin
Dude if he was a tool...the Mavericks wouldn't even be sniffing a Finals.

Stern has done things for the NBA that you can't even imagine. For instance, if it weren't for Stern, your Mavs may not even have Cuban as an owner. This used to be a very old money, good ole boy regime until Stern took over.