PDA

View Full Version : Anyone cheer for Rockets in 1995?

DarrinS
06-20-2006, 01:19 PM
I have to admit -- I did. That performance by Hakeem Olajuwon in the 95 WCF was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

Texas team or not, I just can't find anything to like about the Mavs. The owner, coach, and players are getting a lot of attention right now. Too bad it's all negative.

Besides, I consider the Mavs more Oklahoma than a Texas team.

texlawman
06-20-2006, 01:30 PM
IMO most of the negative feelings about the Mavericks is directed at the owner and the coach not the players. Hell, the Spurs sure seem to appreciate Finley as a role player now. They certainly are more interesting to watch then the old finals bound Jazz or Nets teams. That was painful to watch.

J.T.
06-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Didn't you get the memo that the Texas Government sold Dallas back to Mexico?

DarrinS
06-20-2006, 01:44 PM
IMO most of the negative feelings about the Mavericks is directed at the owner and the coach not the players. Hell, the Spurs sure seem to appreciate Finley as a role player now. They certainly are more interesting to watch then the old finals bound Jazz or Nets teams. That was painful to watch.

Actually, I've always liked Finley, even when he was a Mav. He was one of the few guys playing defense on the Mavs, back when no one else knew what "defense" meant.

Nick Van Exel, on the other hand....

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
I rooted for the Rockheads in both 1994 and 1995. I loved seeing them sweep Shaq and the Magic.

If Cuban didn't own the Mavs, I would even be ignoring the dickheadedness of Mav fans and root for them. But then if Cuban didn't own the Mavs, they probably wouldn't be so dickheaded.

ChumpDumper
06-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't know if I cheered as much as stared on in slack-jawed awe at Hakeem.

Spurminator
06-20-2006, 01:52 PM
I lived in Houston when they won, so it was natural for me to cheer for them... Plus I didn't really like Ewing or Shaq at the time.

Since I'm in Dallas, I have a lot of friends that are about as hardcore about the Mavs as I am about the Spurs, so I'd like for them to be able to experience a winning season.

Bob Lanier
06-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Yes.

StylisticS
06-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Besides, I consider the Mavs more Oklahoma than a Texas team.

what a joke. so do you think Texans outside of south Texas consider the Spurs, Mexico's team then. I guess Texas doesn't have 5 world championships in football either. :rolleyes

And yes, I rooted for the Spurs in 99, 03, and 05 and the Rockets in 94 and 95 because I'd rather see a Texas team win a professional championship then to see a New York or California team win it.

Taco
06-20-2006, 02:38 PM
I was for the rockets

I was gonna cheer for the Mavricks but not with a buthead like Cuban

Budkin
06-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Cuban turned me away as well. I have a couple good friends who are Mavs fans but I just can't root for em with that asshat out there bitching every 5 seconds.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-20-2006, 02:43 PM
i cheer for no one but the spurs even when we couldnt get past the trailblazers all those yrs in the early 90s. the good ol days when i was a kid....

stick to your team through thick and thin!

DFW Spurs
06-20-2006, 02:55 PM
I cheered for them cause they were a class act. Not like the Mavs. You wouldn't see the Dream complain.