PDA

View Full Version : Pacers' top draft pick hurt while dunking in practice

ducks
10-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Pacers' top draft pick hurt while dunking in practice

October 15, 2004

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana Pacers rookie center David Harrison sprained his right shoulder during practice on Friday and will not play in Saturday's preseason game at Memphis.

Harrison was injured while dunking in practice, but said that he did not believe it was serious.

``I can move my arm and feel my hand so I don't think it's going to be something that lasts that long,'' Harrison said.

Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said Harrison would remain in Indianapolis through the weekend to have further tests on the shoulder.

The 7-foot Harrison was the last player picked in the first round of the NBA draft after passing up his senior season at Colorado.

Injuries are starting to pile up for the Pacers. In addition to Harrison, Jermaine O'Neal is questionable with a sprained foot ligament that has bothered him since the start of training camp. Jonathan Bender also will not play against Memphis while he nurses a bone bruise on his knee.

Ron Artest will make his preseason debut after missing a game against Washington while he returned from his grandmother's funeral.