PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks: Take a step back

JMarkJohns
06-20-2006, 11:21 PM
...Pussyface, since you're the expert on analyzing and breaking down teams... I'll let you handle this!

Karma is a bitch. After the Suns series, you left absolutely no margin for error for you Mavericks.

Well, they blew this series. I don't care about the tilted officiating in game five and even six (See Karma is a bitch above) because your team received all the breaks previously just to get to that point.

I'll be waiting for some in-depth insight on how a team led by the next Larry Bird managed to blow this series and the fallout of such a loss.

You were way to critical on the Suns and their players, but since you created the standard, I will know hold you to the same.

Please, don't hide. Don't stay away. Don't create a new account.

Man up, bitch.

You deserve all the shit you get.

JMarkJohns
06-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Here puss, puss, puss, puss...

samikeyp
06-20-2006, 11:54 PM
they had trouble closing out the series against the Spurs and that flaw proved to be fatal in the finals. still...a good run.

ace3g
06-20-2006, 11:55 PM
although the mavs are a good team, they are still a dominant jumpshooting team, and teams like the mavs live and die by the jumpshot, you need a dominant post player or attacker to win a championship, something the mavs are still missing

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-21-2006, 12:45 AM
although the mavs are a good team, they are still a dominant jumpshooting team, and teams like the mavs live and die by the jumpshot, you need a dominant post player or attacker to win a championship, something the mavs are still missing

no what they are missing is a ring and a trophy. they will never get to the finals again so they will never own either!

JMarkJohns
06-21-2006, 04:04 AM
Has pusspuss completely disappeared? Had his team won the Title, I'd bet he'd have been in talking up how great they were.

Instead he's hiding?

Where's the beef?

Break down your team, will ya? GEEZ!

RonMexico
06-21-2006, 04:35 AM
Yeah, i'm glad pussyface never realized when the Mavs got all the calls in Games 5 & 6 vs. the Suns... back then, we were just whiners, I guess...

Doug Collins
06-21-2006, 04:42 AM
You guys forget that since the Mavs lost, Mavs fans no longer exist. They only come out a couple times a year when they realize the mavs are doing well. You guys are chasing a ghost. Itīs kinda like when all those astros or īstros fans appeared once they realized they made the world series.

RonMexico
06-21-2006, 04:44 AM
You guys forget that since the Mavs lost, Mavs fans no longer exist. They only come out a couple times a year when they realize the mavs are doing well. You guys are chasing a ghost. Itīs kinda like when all those astros or īstros fans appeared once they realized they made the world series.

Haha, and like the 'stros, I bet this Mavs team will probably give themselves WCF rings and release a "race to the finals" DVD...

Doug Collins
06-21-2006, 04:48 AM
Haha, and like the 'stros, I bet this Mavs team will probably give themselves WCF rings and release a "race to the finals" DVD...

Not just WCF rings but WCF championship belts as well and a "race to the finals where we got jewed by the same officiating that got us to the finals" DVD.
I swear Iīm gonna punch the first faggot wearing a Mavs WC championship shirt, in the nuts, when I get back to the states.

JMarkJohns
06-21-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm not going to let him forget it. In fact, I'll post in this a minimum of twice a day until the end of the month, just so everyone can know how big a pussy, pussyface really is.

"I want him spitting blood!"
- Johnny Ringo, "TOMBSTONE"

This thread is all about Pussyface and his gift at looking at teams and breaking down each player for his strength and weaknesses, then making some outlandish claim that'll never be proven right, but to him, can never be proven wrong.

"Come get some boy!"
- Curly Bill, "TOMBSTONE"

Seriously... hell, even if he's drunk it won't be any worse than before.

mabber
06-21-2006, 01:30 PM
...Pussyface, since you're the expert on analyzing and breaking down teams... I'll let you handle this!

Karma is a bitch. After the Suns series, you left absolutely no margin for error for you Mavericks.

Well, they blew this series. I don't care about the tilted officiating in game five and even six (See Karma is a bitch above) because your team received all the breaks previously just to get to that point.

I'll be waiting for some in-depth insight on how a team led by the next Larry Bird managed to blow this series and the fallout of such a loss.

You were way to critical on the Suns and their players, but since you created the standard, I will know hold you to the same.

Man up, bitch.

They blew it, what else can anyone say? Just like the Suns blew it and just like the Spurs blew it.

JMarkJohns
06-21-2006, 01:37 PM
I want his in-depth, overly critical analysis on what went wrong, who choked and why.

He was so forceful with his opinions of the Suns and Spurs.

He created the criteria, he set the standard, I figured there's no better dumbass to breakdown the Mavs than he.

BillsCarnage
06-21-2006, 01:38 PM

Man up, bitch.

:lmao :lmao :lmao JM w/ the hammer yet again.

kalikot_boy_kr
06-21-2006, 01:38 PM
dirk>>>wacky flukers
terry>>>>showy monkey<<< i hate his face! he look like a funny clown to me.
stuckhouse>>>wheres ur fresh legs u talkin about? nothing but lousy.
howard>>>>the rushing ego> who the hell are u?
harris>>>>keep ur lips shut up!! ur funny...
dampier>>>> slow motion picture>>>hahhahhaha!
daniels>>>>ur a joke!
cuban>>>>pretending tobe the best team....but nothing...
avery>>>>>arrogant....
................the heat makes u a crying babies!!!!! hahahhahha!

ShoogarBear
06-21-2006, 02:42 PM
JMark with da gunz blazing!

:lmao

mabber
06-21-2006, 03:23 PM
dirk>>>wacky flukers
terry>>>>showy monkey<<< i hate his face! he look like a funny clown to me.
stuckhouse>>>wheres ur fresh legs u talkin about? nothing but lousy.
howard>>>>the rushing ego> who the hell are u?
harris>>>>keep ur lips shut up!! ur funny...
dampier>>>> slow motion picture>>>hahhahhaha!
daniels>>>>ur a joke!
cuban>>>>pretending tobe the best team....but nothing...
avery>>>>>arrogant....
................the heat makes u a crying babies!!!!! hahahhahha!

Do you ride the short bus to school? You might want to consider taking an English class before it's too late.

Mavs_man_41
06-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Do you ride the short bus to school? You might want to consider taking an English class before it's too late.

HAHA LMAO :lmao

leemajors
06-21-2006, 05:08 PM

yeah make fun of the korean who lives in korea for not knowing english all that well. congrats!

THE SIXTH MAN
06-21-2006, 10:33 PM
BITTER MAV FAN, SHUT UP AND EAT CROW BITCH!!!!

nbascribe
06-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Need a smiley for crickets...:lol

JMarkJohns
06-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Need a smiley for crickets...:lol

Kid racked up 522 posts in a month, averaging 14 post per day, visited this morning, but still nothing.

Is he waiting for the Suns or Spurs to fail again before resurfacing?

CHICKENSHIT!

"You called down the thunder, well now you've got it!"
- Wyatt Earp, "TOMBSTONE"

nbascribe
06-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Are you kidding? Dallas may never make it back now.

That was their one cumshot...their money maker.

JMarkJohns
06-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Do I think they are Finals material? In the discussion, if things break right (i.e. their own health, others injuries...).

Top Tier
San Antonio (nice move today, need a backup PG and another PF (Scola?)
Phoenix (need backup PG, health and not to trade Marion)

Middle Tier
Dallas (assuming they resign Terry)
Sacramento (assuming they resign Wells)
L.A. Clippers (assuming they resign Cassell)

Lower Tier
Denver (have issues everywhere but SF)
Memphis (need PG and another big)
Houston (need health, PG and SG)
Utah (assuming they develop, stay healthy and get a SG)
L.A. Lakers (assuming they KEEP Odom and get PG)
New Orleans (assuming they get a quality big and backup PG)

Lottory Tier
Minnesota (they need lots of help)
Seattle (see above)
Golden State (need health and frontcourt depth, defense and rebounding)
Trail Blazers (good Lord...)

Again, both Phoenix and San Antonio are somewhat injury prone. Duncan and Ginobili to Amare and Nash's nagging concerns... if something breaks right, Dallas (with Terry) is talented enough to capitalize.

Still, I'm with you and don't see them getting past either PHX or SA next season.

J.T.
06-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Are you kidding? Dallas may never make it back now.

That was their one cumshot...their money maker.

My thoughts exactly.

Holmes_Fans
06-22-2006, 12:15 AM
It took San Antonio 30 years to win their first title, which I thing is the longest time ever for a team. Dallas is only at 26 years right now.

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Now ^this^ is just pathetic. But just to play along:

Spurs moved to SA in 1973. First title was in 1999.

Before that, they were in Dallas, and as we all know you're never going to win a title playing there.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-22-2006, 12:25 AM
It took San Antonio 30 years to win their first title, which I thing is the longest time ever for a team. Dallas is only at 26 years right now.
Its resulted to this for you know? Evey post I see by you just shows how stupid you are by throwing weak logic in the air.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-22-2006, 12:27 AM
You make me laugh though, so thanks. :fro

Islymore
06-22-2006, 08:46 AM
JMark... Love the Tombstone quotes...that's gotta be in my top three favs...

Fav Character is of course...

Mr. Doc "You're a daisy if you do" and "Im your huckleberry" Holliday...

I think fans like "pussyface" look cowardly when they talk so much smack and then disappear... but those type of fans arent real fans in my book. The real fans are there always. Never jumpin ship...

kalikot_boy_kr
06-22-2006, 08:57 AM
hey mavs fans!! eat my cow!! hahahha!

awmyplace
06-22-2006, 09:03 AM
hey mavs fans!! eat my cow!! hahahha!

awmyplace
06-22-2006, 09:03 AM
:trolls:

I think fans like "pussyface" look cowardly when they talk so much smack and then disappear... but those type of fans arent real fans in my book. The real fans are there always. Never jumpin ship...

MadDog73
06-22-2006, 09:10 AM

Um, some teams have been around longer than 30 years and have never won a title.

So, uh, don't feel too bad Mavs Fans.

Hmmm, found this while searching for teams that have never won a NBA Title:
1. Dallas. Doesn't seem possible, but it is, at least in our eyes. Like Detroit, the Greater Dallas region has three teams sitting #1, and a third -- the Cowboys -- who finished 9-7 and in third place in the always-tough NFC East. But take a look at those other teams: the Mavericks, heading into Game Four of the NBA Finals, hold a two-games-to-one lead, and could put a stranglehold on the series by winning in Miami on Thursday night. For longtime observers of the sport, the rejuvenation of this franchise is nothing short of jaw-dropping, since the 1990s edition of this team never made the postseason once. Included in that ineptitude were back-to-back 11- and 13-win campaigns in the early '90s -- when the Mavs finished well over 40 games behind the division winners and were routinely mocked as the laughingstocks of the league. Since outrageous owner Mark Cuban bought the team, the organization has finally returned to respectability, and this season marks the team's sixth straight playoff appearance. The Mavericks had never before been to an NBA Final (nor have their opponents, the Heat), but they've very deserving of this opportunity, and seem destined to once and for all put to rest the specter of the once-forlorn Dallas hoops history.

:lol

Islymore
06-22-2006, 10:54 AM
:trolls:

And your point is?? :blah Just runnin your mouth? Oh.... okay.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 12:36 PM

I swear, I've seen that movie a thousand times...

Honestly, I never expected him to show up again. However, I prepped him for what might come back when he was making an ass of himself hourly just a few weeks ago.

I figured him to be the type of loser who talks smack when he can, but runs and hides when he can't. Still, I wanted to confirm either his idiocy, by getting him to post, or his cowardess, by failing to show up.

His moniker was quite prophetic...

pussyface
06-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Jmark:
give a man a minute to lick his wounds, buddy.

First off, I'm a spurstalk guy now. I'm not going anywhere.

Secondly, the Mavs just weren't good enough. What do you want me to say? None of this has any bearing on my opinion that the Phoenix Suns were never a serious title contender. Spare me the Karma talk. Im pretty sure the Mavs loss has a lot to do with basketball and nothing to do with my making a sober, rational assesment of the Suns position relative to the rest of the league.

So JMark, I took a day off after a dissapointing loss. At least you got me on that one.

On an unrelated note, I am delighted that JMark is so taken with hatred towards me that he felt the need to launch this blind tiatribe.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Not good enough. In depth, man, in freakin depth analysis.

"Not good enough"?

OK! :rollin

pussyface
06-22-2006, 12:59 PM
why do you think that I owe it to you to provide in depth analysis?
What are you basing that on?

I guess you are basing it on the fact that I don't think the Suns had that great of a team thi year...?

Confusing.

pussyface
06-22-2006, 01:00 PM
by the way: including a smiley face does not mean that you are not the one who is clearly bitter.
it does, however, reveal that you are not cool in the manly/Clint Eastwood sense.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
LMVICTORIOUSAO!!!

Where's the incite, err... I mean insight you're so famous for. Don't care enough to spend all that time being critical on your own team? Don't care to address the important questions like "What went wrong", "Who choked" and "Why" when they hit so close to home? Or maybe it's that you deem yourself unfit to write a Dallas eulogy, unlike the way you deemed yourself fit to write one for Phoenix after, admittedly, not watching many games?

Nail in the coffin, boyo...

Save it. If you're not going to man up, then you were better off hiding. At least then we could have assumed perhaps you were one of the Maverick fans who got arrested...

MadDog73
06-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Here's the problem:

Mavs>Suns
Mavs>Spurs
Mavs> Grizzlies

Just because the Heat win it all, doesn't automatically take away the fact the Mavs still beat us.

That said, it was mighty fun watching the Mavs lose 4 straight. I just wish they choked a little bit earlier...

awmyplace
06-22-2006, 01:17 PM
And your point is?? :blah Just runnin your mouth? Oh.... okay.

Yeah! :blah

pussyface
06-22-2006, 01:21 PM
hehe...
I've never posted any long treatises on basketball principals. I am known for short, concise posts, not long in depth treatises.

You are refering to a post I made after the Suns lost, the gist of which was:
A. The Suns only beat mediocre LA teams to advance to WCF
B. Even in playing mediocre teams they still only went 8-6.
C. They were never going to win the title this year.

It wasn't really in depth analysis...it was just taking a look from an unbiased perspective.

You responded 'Well, you play who you play. they made it. thats all that counts." I pointed out that this was overly simplistic.

All of the facts I drew on, of course, were very surface level. Wouldn't call it indepth, and if you would than I guess your welcome for opening your eyes to new information you were not aware of.

So...now might be a good time to call an end to your jihad. One difference between you and I is that I am not going to be an apologist for my fallen team that simply wasn't good enough to win the NBA title. I'm not going to chalk it up as a coincidence they were eliminated or something. Im not going to blame it on the refs. Im not going to blame it on injuries.

Honestly, you have nothing on me.

mabber
06-22-2006, 01:25 PM
yeah make fun of the korean who lives in korea for not knowing english all that well. congrats!

If he's gonna make posts that are as mean and ridiculous as that then, damn right I'll make fun of him. If you're gonna slam someone in such a mean matter at least be able to spell the words correctly :lol

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Pussyface=run around

Maddog, I hear ya. I've got no problem with losing. Hell, if I had, I'd have abandoned being a Suns fan long ago. I'm not going to rehash past thread which have since gone the way of the buffalo, but pussyface and the majority of those who have posted, if not read through this thread know the intent behind it.

I explained that his overly-critical "no excuses at all" mentality towards the Suns could come back to bite him in the ass, yet he kept up.

I just want him to honestly answer and give account of his team's and players' chokes and then explain why a team like Dallas, with so much confidense, ability and the homecourt advantage, could end up blowing a 2 games to none lead.

Guess it was too much to ask.

mabber
06-22-2006, 01:28 PM
BITTER MAV FAN, SHUT UP AND EAT CROW BITCH!!!!

I'm not bitter at all...we beat your team (long time ago, but I think I recall winning on your home court).

pussyface
06-22-2006, 01:31 PM
jmark- okay. now i sort of understand where you were coming from thinking I owed some sort of explanation. I didn't grant SA/PHO any excuses for losing, so you wanted me to make excuses for Dallas i guess? Let me address that. Thanks for clearing it up a little.

You correctly identified that I have taken a "no excuses" approach to being eliminated from the NBA playoffs. This is the attitude I maintain. Thank you for pointing out that this has been a consistent principal that I have stuck to during 100% of my posts at spurstalk. Again, there is no excuse for the Mavs losing either. They weren't good enough.

Now that we have cleared this up, any chance of changing the title of this thread to "pussyface is a man of principal who is not hypocritical, even when its his team getting beat?" That would be fitting.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-22-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm not bitter at all...we beat your team (long time ago, but I think I recall winning on your home court).
Hopefully you guys can get rings made up for beating the Spurs. That's how it works, right?! :smokin

mabber
06-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Hopefully you guys can get rings made up for beating the Spurs. That's how it works, right?! :smokin

No, but I'm not bitter cuz we got beat in the finals. I guess I could go crazy and blame the refs like most Spurs fans did when they lost to the Mavs or like a lot of Mav fans did after losing to the Heat but I'm not about that.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 01:45 PM
jmark- okay. now i sort of understand where you were coming from thinking I owed some sort of explanation. I didn't grant SA/PHO any excuses for losing, so you wanted me to make excuses for Dallas i guess? Let me address that. Thanks for clearing it up a little.

You correctly identified that I have taken a "no excuses" approach to being eliminated from the NBA playoffs. This is the attitude I maintain. Thank you for pointing out that this has been a consistent principal that I have stuck to during 100% of my posts at spurstalk. Again, there is no excuse for the Mavs losing either. They weren't good enough.

Now that we have cleared this up, any chance of changing the title of this thread to "pussyface is a man of principal who is not hypocritical, even when its his team getting beat?" That would be fitting.

This don't float. You can't simply say they weren't good enough. While in general, it's truth, it's not the specifics that you were ready and willing to plunge into unfittly with the Suns.

Where was Howard throughout the series?
What happened to Avery's "adjustments"?
Why couldn't Dirk get to the FT line at will?
Where did Dirk go for large stretches of this series?
Was Mark Cuban a distraction?
Why couldn't they stop Wade?
Did one choke affect another?
What do these chokes do for their future?
Why couldn't they, with a good offense and good defense hold on to their double-digit leads?
Was it the players or the coach who royally messed up?
Why couldn't Dirk carry his team the way Wade carried his?
Why couldn't Dallas make open shots?
Why couldn't they get late-game stops?
Where were the consistant play of Dampier and Diop?
Where does Dallas go from here in reguards to Terry?
Will Dallas challenge next year without Terry?
If not, will their choke be remembered as one of the worst ever for blowing their ONE shot?

C'mon... how's about a little nibble?!

Again, you were quick to critique other teams who you weren't really qualified to critique.

If you want to simply stand on the all-encompassing cop out of "We just weren't good enough" then that's up to you...

Sounds a lot like "Both teams played hard, my man! Both teams played hard" however...

leemajors
06-22-2006, 01:55 PM
If he's gonna make posts that are as mean and ridiculous as that then, damn right I'll make fun of him. If you're gonna slam someone in such a mean matter at least be able to spell the words correctly :lol

they are ridiculous for sure, but i would not say they are mean. i can think of crueler things to say than "i give you props of toilet paper". that's just comedic gold.

pussyface
06-22-2006, 01:57 PM
jmark...
feel free to make the case for any of those bullet points you listed. There is a good chance I will agree with your criticisms.

I'll grant no excuses for my Mavs, and if you are looking for a lesson here than I suggest you do the same with your Suns' in the future.

RonMexico
06-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Let's be honest - the Mavs were never a true title contender because they all have female genitals... I'm sure we can all agree on that... the 2-0 lead was given by the Heat to make it interesting... like Casey at the Bat...

mabber
06-22-2006, 02:38 PM
they are ridiculous for sure, but i would not say they are mean. i can think of crueler things to say than "i give you props of toilet paper". that's just comedic gold.

Yeah, that is kinda funny :lol

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 03:08 PM
jmark...
feel free to make the case for any of those bullet points you listed. There is a good chance I will agree with your criticisms.

I'll grant no excuses for my Mavs, and if you are looking for a lesson here than I suggest you do the same with your Suns' in the future.

This is rather humorous. This is the first I've seen where avoiding accountability like the plague is being passed off as "not making any excuses"...

You've not adressed a single thing. Not only are you not making excuses, you're not listing any reasons why other than the cop out of "Just weren't good enough..." as if that was the only reason your team and its players managed to choke away several fourth-quarter leads and a series in which they lead 2-0 with homecourt for game six and seven.

It's not about making excuses. Never was. It's about you being a stand up post, not just defending, but critically looking at and breaking down YOUR team as you did other's teams.

Again, I guess that was too much to ask...

pussyface
06-22-2006, 04:39 PM
yes...asking me to give an indepth analysis is too much to ask. its not my thing and never has been. like at my post history. short, snappy messages, all of them.

i still dont know what your point is.
thats not what i do, sorry.

your statement on "avoiding accountability" is a real head scratcher. first of all, as a fan my accountability is limited. allican really do is not make excuses and move on. I don't understand why the Mavs losing disproves anything that I said about the Suns. And thats what this thread is about: you being angry about me not respecting your beloved Suns.

If you want to make points about the Mavs, as I did about the Suns, I may or may not resond. I will not, however, question your motivations for calling out my mavericks and defend them at all costs like a partisan hack. that is the essential difference between us.

pussyface
06-22-2006, 04:46 PM
JMARK: You criticized my team when they were eliminated from the playoffs. Therefore you are required to write an indepth analysis detailing the failure of your own team or else you will have soiled your honor!

PUSSY: I dont see how that adds up. No excuses though. We lost.

JMARK: This guy just gives the run around. You are just trying to avoid acountability in an unprecedented way! You cant just admit defeat, you are obliged to spend your time addressing this issue in every specific detail at naseum.

Pussy: ???

pussyface
06-22-2006, 04:53 PM
hey jmark.
There was a guy here in the first round who said after the Spurs/Kings series that the Kings weren't as good as the Spurs.

After the Spurs lost to the Mavericks, they failed to post extensively on how and why the Mavs are better than the Spurs.

Where was your anger towards this guy?
He had NO MARGIN FOR ERROR! I think it was KARMA!

Perhaps the reason you didn't respond to him the same way you did to me is because you have an emotional connection with the Suns and are therefore unable to look at their situation with total objectivity.

Your emotions were obiously triggered by my taking on your team. Because you are acting out of emotion, your logic is not cogent. For instance, logic in no way dictates that I would be obliged to write an in depth analysis on the death of the Mavs (as my Spurs fan analogy demonstrates.)

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 04:57 PM
No Kiddo. You eliminated everything, including failure. No refs. No injuries. No breaks. You demanded perfection from a team that was bogged down with injury. So I demanded the same from your, perfectly healthy team, saying I would hold them accountable according to your previous criteria, then you accountable for creating the insane litmus test.

I congratulated the Mavericks and broke down the Suns on my own. Don't recall? Of course you don't. You only remember that you think the world of yourself. You probably don't even recall others, of many different team affiliations, including the Mavs, taking issue with your crap.

The Mavs beat the Suns. Not just defeated, but beat. They won the series. The Suns didn't just lose it. That's what it all came down to. I've said that a dozen times here. I never drudged up excuses for the Suns. It was your overly critical opinion of Steve Nash and the Suns, claiming them to be inferior and undeserving of any real praise.

Yes, I took exception and defended them.

But only after I was critical myself.

And don't give me this crap that you only type one-liners in response. Your posts rival mine in length. Shame not in content.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Pusspuss, you admitted to not being the authority you claimed to be, having not watched enough games to come away with the conclusion you had.

You have only your opinions.

The reason I will not break down the Mavs, is I saw just around 30 games, most coming in the playoffs. That's not a fair amount of games to figure things out.

I had hoped the same thing that compelled your disertations on the Suns and Nash might compell you to do the same on your Mavericks and maybe Dirk after a similerly disappointing 6-game series loss.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 05:11 PM
hey jmark.
There was a guy here in the first round who said after the Spurs/Kings series that the Kings weren't as good as the Spurs.

After the Spurs lost to the Mavericks, they failed to post extensively on how and why the Mavs are better than the Spurs.

Where was your anger towards this guy?

First off, are you saying a Spurs fan defended his team? Did he simply say that the Spurs were better or did he, in an overly critical and illogical fashion question the main players on the Kings, accusing them of not being worthy of praise and questioning both this past season's accomplishments and the future of said team?

I have a feeling he was the prior, while you are the latter.

You didn't just annoy me. You annoyed several fans, including those of other teams. The point is, you're not the end all, be all when it comes to a team analysis and even though you think seeing a dozen or so games makes you qualified to not just claim a critical opinion, but insist upon it, it simply does not.

But again, when the finger you pointed is know turned upon the pointer and the pointer's favorite team, now the critical thought and provoking claims are nonexistant.

N4th4n
06-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Do you think Jmark understands how little sense he is making? He made a few comments about the suns so now he has to answere to you by making exuses and explaining his teams loss? Your lame attempts of trying to bait pussy in to a sad exuse for an argument are just that, lame. But then again it seems pussy has risen to the bait so erm whatever.

N4th4n
06-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Apparently no one is pemited to post their thoughts about a team with out facing Jmark the judge jurry and hammer.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Apparently no one is pemited to post there thoughts about a team with out facing Jmark the judge jurry and hammer.

Clever boy.

Here to hold me accountable? Save it. Already admitted to being wrong on the Suns. I figured them for dead, beacuse they showed no heart late in the year. I claimed they would struggle, if not lose in the first round, claiming if they faced anyone but the Lakers, they would be in BIG trouble. Well, the first round struggles proved me right. They struggled the same in the second round, but finally showed heart, so they beat the Clippers, therefore proving me wrong.

Fact is I picked them in seven over the Lakers: right
Fact is I picked the Clippers in six over the Suns: wrong
Fact is I picked the Mavericks in seven over the Suns: wrong, but by barely.

Fact is, I never looked at the Lakers and claimed them to be a fluke, or unworthy or smoke and mirrors.
Fact is, I never said the Clippers were a one hit wonder who had one good season and will then revert to form.
Fact is, I never critiqued the Mavericks, not even after they lossed to the Heat.

In fact, I say they are still an elite team with the chance of getting back to the Finals next year, depending on the offseason of them and others and how the playoffs break for them.

Pretty uplifting, huh?

Fact is, if pussyface had said the Suns were a joke at .net, he'd have been banned. Fact is, if he'd have been critical of Nash over at .net, he'd have been banned.

I've seen it.

Go back home son.

Don't bring the AZcentral vs. PhxSuns.net fued in to this.

He claimed me his rival weeks ago. He sought me out. Not the other way around. Homework, boyo... time ya did yours.

N4th4n
06-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Does this have to do with anything? I was speaking of you overbearing criticizem of pussface.

On another note sure the Suns showed amazing heart and grit during the playoffs, and personaly I think they have a good chance of winning it all next year.

However pussy does have a good point. It took them 7 games to finish off a team that started Smush parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown - weak sauce.

It took them seven game to finish of a fantastic Clippers team with a dominante front court - admerable

They lost in 6 to the mavs- sad if not some what unexpected.

They had an amazing run but that was about it, they far from dominated the teams they played.
They deserve alot of credit, but dont give them more then they earned.

Anyway.... I came into this thread with out baggage, so I dont know why your are bring our prefered forums into this. Our respesctive opions on these forums have nothing to do with the matter at hand, infact neither do your thoughts on the suns playoff performance.

N4th4n
06-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Clever boy.

Here to hold me accountable? Save it.

Ah I forgot, your the only one permited to do that.........

pussyface
06-22-2006, 06:14 PM
jmark has a knack for recasting arguments and revising history.

the basis for all that bullshit he just got made fun of for was supposed to be that I singled out the Suns as "not worthy of serious praise." Here, he is sensationalizing my argument to make himself seem justified, a technique he employs frequently.

if you read the content of the original post that started Judge Dredd here on his jihad, you will see that I said the Suns overacheived and that if I were a fan of them I'd be proud. My point was merely that they did OVERACHEIVE and were not legit title contenders in hindsight, based on the totallity of the facts/information available. The fact that this uears Suns were OVERACHIEVING and WORTHY OF PRAISE is entirely consistent with everything I said about their realistic chances of winning it all.

Review it yourself you sad, ridiculous old man.

nbascribe
06-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Well i'll be damn...I go to work and look who finally shows up?

What's your excuse Pussyface? JM called you out and now u just replying???

I'm still looking for that championship ring from the Mavs....

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Does this have to do with anything? I was speaking of you overbearing criticizem of pussface.

He created the criteria. He forced it down all the posters throats here. I waffled as to whether I should or not, but I chose to call him out. Many others here were just as annoyed with his act as I, including some Maverick fans.

On another note sure the Suns showed amazing heart and grit during the playoffs, and personaly I think they have a good chance of winning it all next year.

Of course you do, so that means you don't agree with pussyface's assessment that the Suns are a sinking ship.

However pussy does have a good point. It took them 7 games to finish off a team that started Smush parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown - weak sauce.

This was the same point I made, before the fact that you criticized me for.

I agree. Had they LOST in the first round, the entire season would have been a disappointment. Fact is, they didn't lose. They prevailed. However little you think of the opponant, having to win three straight elimination games, including one on the road without your best defender and most consistant 3-point threat, is impressive.

It took them seven game to finish of a fantastic Clippers team with a dominante front court - admerable

It was an amazing feat, considering by they were rotating four SF's at the PF and C position the entire series, vs. one of the biggest and better frontlines in the game.

They lost in 6 to the mavs- sad if not some what unexpected.

Unexpected? For those guzzling the Kool-aid...

The majority of folks picked Dallas, if for no other reason, they had the homecourt. Opinions may have changed, even if briefly, when the Suns snatched away game one, but that was quickly lost. Once Dallas regained the homecourt, Suns were the underdogs again. Overworked and Undermanned.

They had an amazing run but that was about it, they far from dominated the teams they played.

I never said they did, but by and large, they weren't dominated either. Just about every game they lost, they held a late lead or were within a defensive stop and a made basket from winning.

Since when does a team have to roll through their competition to validate their position or worth? That's rediculous.

They deserve alot of credit, but dont give them more then they earned.

What? You mean like me saying Dallas BEAT the Suns. I gave almost all the credit to the Mavericks for controlling the tempo and the boards. That was the Suns flaw. They couldn't rebound.

But don't address why, because injuries have absolutely no impact on a team. The Suns would have eeked out series vs. the LaLas and still lost to the Mavs in six had they had their starting frontcourt.

While I brought it up, I never did so in an attempt to take anything away from Dallas.

Thus my schtick of, "You play who ya got... you beat who ya play... you never allow yourself to be in a position where one late, bad call can determine your fate for you..."

However, considering the starting frontcourt missed a minimum of half the season and a maximum of 98% of one, it does factor in to why this Suns team, as tragically flawed as they were, deserves credit. They were undermanned and overworked, but still had their chances. They failed to take advantage of them, so they lost.

...infact neither do your thoughts on the suns playoff performance.

Tell that to pussyface, as he's the one who keeps bringing that up.

My intention here and I believe it's understood by the vast majority of those who've stumbled into this thread was to have pussyface hold his own team to the same standards that he, himself established for others teams, just mere weeks before.

Instead, he comes in with, "just weren't good enough" and passes on the particulars after spending countless hours arguing with me and dozens of others on the Suns woes ans wants.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 07:09 PM
JMARKJOHNS is my official spurstalk nemisis.

Spurs fan

Well put JMarkJohns.

pussyface is Monty Python's Black Knight of internet jousting. With no arms, no legs left he'll call it a draw.

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/inlines/04_kn-1.jpg

Damn good post. That was spot on.

JMark with da gunz blazing!

Well i'll be damn...I go to work and look who finally shows up?

What's your excuse Pussyface? JM called you out and now u just replying???

Leave it to Mavs fan to disparage the Amare-less Suns for finding a way back to the WCF.

The worst fanbase ever.

Mavs fan

In agreement with you...Some Mavs fans are completely delusional.

...I think fans like "pussyface" look cowardly when they talk so much smack and then disappear... but those type of fans arent real fans in my book. The real fans are there always. Never jumpin ship...

Kings fan

JMarkJohns is the shit.

Suns fan

Current score JMark 1, face 0

We'll call this a best of 3.

JMark = 2

Face = 0

This is getting to be ridiculous. At this point it's argument for argument's sake. JMark has got stats, facts, and actualities on his side, meanwhile face basically argues with his backup being a discredited opinion.

LJMSCONTROLLINAO

Gotta say that pussface has been playing the role of "nail" to JM's hammer rather well thus far.

:lmao :lmao :lmao JM w/ the hammer yet again.

pussyface
06-22-2006, 07:19 PM
this is the sort of thing i am talking about.
i responded with a very specific fact, in this case that I singled out the Suns being worthy of praise as overacheivers, yet in your posts I was charachterized as saying they didn't deserve credit for anything.

i hoped that you would respond to this, but you came back instead with the fact that you are more popular than me among spurstalk users (especially when you quotes selectively.) what about the fact that you falsely charachterized the opinions I put forward?

this is why this exchange doesnt work with you. you aren't concerned with dialogue or truth and are blinded by the emotion you felt when you read my post that politely dissected the Suns.

If there weren't some truth to what I said, you wouldnt have gotten upset. I urge anyone reading this to go back and read the original message of my post on the Suns, which youll find on page 1. My comments were rational and many, many analysts/experts would agree. Yet jmark casts my take as a wildly negative spin that was far outside the mainstream. That doesn't jive with the facts, no matter what else you come back at me with.

The only one who would possible take offense to them would be a Suns partisan.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 07:23 PM
I think the world of many Maverick fans. You aren't one of them.

I'll leave well enough alone now.

It's obvious you have no desire to play by your own guidelines.

Mavsfan100, halfadozen more here and the dozen's I know from elsewhere may stick up for the Mavs to a fault, but they aren't pricks to other teams and players.

For them, I wish things had gone differently. For You and Cubes, not so much.

pussyface
06-22-2006, 07:27 PM
thank you for abondoning the pretense of having a principaled argument with me.

thank you for admitting that your arguments were motivated strictly by personal hostility towards me and not because you actually believed any of the craziness/insanity you were putting forth for discussion.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Ok...

leemajors
06-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Do you think Jmark understands how little sense he is making? He made a few comments about the suns so now he has to answere to you by making exuses and explaining his teams loss? Your lame attempts of trying to bait pussy in to a sad exuse for an argument are just that, lame. But then again it seems pussy has risen to the bait so erm whatever.

you should probably go back and read all of pussyface's posts where he talked continuously about all the great "basketball points" he makes. it was just trolling, and he tried to make it sound like all he was trying to do was stimulate "basketball discussions" by trashing the other team.

BillsCarnage
06-22-2006, 08:47 PM
On an unrelated note, I am delighted that JMark is so taken with hatred towards me that he felt the need to launch this blind tiatribe.

Do you mean Diatribe?

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Do you mean Diatribe?

No Bill, he means the word he made up. He says what he means and means what he says and nary an argument will change his mind to the contrary.

He is what he is which is best descibed in the following quote...

...it was just trolling...