PDA

View Full Version : What Mavs Fans Are Saying Right Now

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2006, 11:23 PM
I'd love to tell you, but none of my co-workers will answer their phones :lol

Taking it to the Hole
06-20-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't think they will be doing much talking this summer. If they are smart, they will just keep their punk mouths shut!!!

SpursWoman
06-20-2006, 11:25 PM
A message to all of those sorry Mavfan bastards who spammed our forum like a mofo:

<<<<<< Who's on first? :lol

ShoogarBear
06-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Sorry, SW. None of them will ever see your post.

JMarkJohns
Nothing quite like empassioned ignorance, huh?!

Unfortunately, I know of several quality Dallas fans and I feel for them. However, the Mark Cubans and Pussyfaces of the world deserve as much shit as can be heaped upon them.

jn77
I don't think they will be doing much talking this summer. If they are smart, they will just keep their punk mouths shut!!!

When have you ever known a Mavs Fan to be Smart. They are already whining about the officiating, and cursing David Stern, did you hear them booing him durring the Trophy presentation? Mavs fans are Idiots. Bottom Line I expect alot of unwarrented trash talking over the Summer. Can't wait to shut them up next season.

:flag:

CubanMustGo
http://www.headcasebriefs.com/upload/2005/10/crybaby.gif

windboy226
06-20-2006, 11:30 PM
When have you ever known a Mavs Fan to be Smart. They are already whining about the officiating, and cursing David Stern, did you hear them booing him durring the Trophy presentation? Mavs fans are Idiots. Bottom Line I expect alot of unwarrented trash talking over the Summer. Can't wait to shut them up next season.

:flag:

You should read some of the other threads in the forum. The Heat were better tonight and won the series on the road. They deserve it. Sorry, but there's idiot fans for every team..way too much generalization sometimes.

picnroll
06-20-2006, 11:33 PM
The air around here is already beginning to smell a little better.

SpursWoman
06-20-2006, 11:33 PM
I was very specific about to whom I was referring. Obviously that was not a generalization. :)

windboy226
06-20-2006, 11:34 PM
I was very specific about to whom I was referring. Obviously that was not a generalization. :)

Wasn't referring to you:) Replying to jn77's quote.

East Coast Babe
06-20-2006, 11:39 PM
You should read some of the other threads in the forum. The Heat were better tonight and won the series on the road. They deserve it. Sorry, but there's idiot fans for every team..way too much generalization sometimes.

Sorry, I disagree. How many times did Wade push off and then get the foul called on someone else? Especially that last one against Dirk. Wade totally pushed off, Dirk did not touch him in the replay. They beat us too and now I am wondering how many times Wade pushed off against us and went to the free throw line anyway. They should not have beat the Pistons, and not the Mavs either. Both teams were better. I was sorry the Mavs could not hit any better in this series. Kinda uncharacteristic for them. Another year, maybe we will meet then. :depressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Sorry, I disagree. How many times did Wade push off and then get the foul called on someone else

That song 'Stupid Bitch' comes to mind when I read your posts.

Dirk shoved his forearm into Wade's grill on that last play, it was pretty obvious unless you had your head up your ass.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2006, 11:43 PM
I'd love to tell you, but none of my co-workers will answer their phones :lol

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLO LOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLO LOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLO LOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLO LOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLO LOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLO LOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLO OL

dude tell me you're watching channel 8!!!!!

they were interviewing random fans leaving t he arena
here are two VERY ACCURATE quotes

"Dirk nowitizki, zero points, fourth quarter--CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE!!"

roflrofl

then they interview this fat drunk bitch

"I dunno what happened but that was bullshit, the mavs got screwed, if i bet on this stuff next year i'll know what to do cuz the refs call bull shit"

hahahah drunk fat whore

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2006, 11:43 PM
AHF you missed out on sheer gold if you did not have it on channel eight

windboy226
06-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Sorry, I disagree. How many times did Wade push off and then get the foul called on someone else? Especially that last one against Dirk. Wade totally pushed off, Dirk did not touch him in the replay. They beat us too and now I am wondering how many times Wade pushed off against us and went to the free throw line anyway. They should not have beat the Pistons, and not the Mavs either. Both teams were better. I was sorry the Mavs could not hit any better in this series. Kinda uncharacteristic for them. Another year, maybe we will meet then. :depressed

There were some questionable calls tonight but the game and the series is over. Regardless of the fouls, Wade played a great game tonight and alot of other Heat players stepped up tonight(Haslem, Mourning, and Walker who would actually be a pretty valuable player if he stopped jacking up those 3's so much). We were close this year but we blew game 3 and had our chances to win tonight. It hurts like hell to get this close but we have to work on getting better in the offseason(guaranteed Dirk will work on his post game much more this summer). Hopefully, the NBA does something about the horrible officiating that plagued most of the playoffs this year though(SA-Dallas, LAL-Phoenix, Miami-Dallas..etc).

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Ahf You Missed Out I Saididddddd

Aggie Hoopsfan
CBF, unfortunately I'm out of town this week for work, so I'm missing all the fun :depressed

RonMexico

Dirk shoved his forearm into Wade's grill on that last play, it was pretty obvious unless you had your head up your ass.

I think you and I are living proof that objectivity only comes from students educated at A&M... which is the most ironic statement I could ever make since every call no matter how correct is immediately treated with hisses and chants of "riffity riffity"... I guess because down in College Station we know what whining and homerism are (i.e. "we ran out of time") and have perfected it as a university, therefore, we can more easily call everyone else in the world out on it and in turn, see plays a lot more objectively - my take: one of the reasons Dirk got called for that foul is that Jason Terry pushed Wade into him and Wade's knee hit Dirk's leg, causing him to put out his arm to brace himself on Dirk... just one of many boneheaded plays by "JET" at the end of the game... oh, and nice job just walking to the tunnel right after you miss that stupid 3 pointer, Jason - even your piece of shit owner stuck around to congratulate the Heat...

P.S. I'm not being sarcastic about TAMU homerism or ripping on AHF or the university as a whole, but I'm just stating that we do it best bitches, so stop trying to copy us - especially if you're from Detroit...

Mavtek
06-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Wade, the next Jordan!! I'm glad you guys are happy, hope for the Western conference winning a championship in the near future just dwindled to 0% chance.

37 to 23 at home 36 points in the paint for the heat, 44 for Dallas.

I hope the Mavs tank next season so that Bowen can try to stop the "new Jordan", bet he gets 5 fouls in 2 minutes.

rayray2k8
06-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Wade, the next Jordan!! I'm glad you guys are happy, hope for the Western conference winning a championship in the near future just dwindled to 0% chance.

I hope the Mavs tank next season so that Bowen can try to stop the "new Jordan", bet he gets 5 fouls in 2 minutes.
^^:madrun ^^
:lmao

timvp
06-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Mav Fan is still wondering why they didn't win the championship after Game 1.

They thought they won the Super Bowl.

:drunk

DDS4
06-20-2006, 11:55 PM

I smell sour grapes.

samikeyp
06-20-2006, 11:55 PM
I am still waiting for the "well...at least we beat the Spurs" card.

If that is your highlight....then you missed the point.

rayray2k8
06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Dont worry mav fans.
We saved ya'll a spot next us at the lake.
Ya'll can teach us how to fish since you guys are so good at it.
:lol

Spurologist
06-20-2006, 11:57 PM
I need a tampon??

Hook Dem
06-21-2006, 12:01 AM
It's amazing how all the loudmouths have dissappeared after choking this series! :lol

SPARKY
06-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Where are they?

ShoogarBear
06-21-2006, 12:29 AM
Mav Fan is still wondering why they didn't win the championship after Game 1.

They thought they won the Super Bowl.

:drunkReally. They even thought they had won back-to-back titles.

SPARKY
06-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Paul Silas is up past his bedtime. Just an observation.

SA Gunslinger
06-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Really. They even thought they had won back-to-back titles.

:lol

Dynasty my azz!

dav4463
06-21-2006, 01:16 AM
I saw that on Channel 8....it was so incredibly funny ! Almost every fan was blaming the officials.......they lost FOUR STRAIGHT and got screwed every time! Wonder if they are still having that parade? I wish Letterman could get the Heat owner on now that the series is over. Think cuban thinks he made a mistake to go on Letterman and brag about how the city will P.A.R.T.Y !!!

Brutalis
06-21-2006, 01:18 AM
we need more quotes... that shit is great

East Coast Babe
06-21-2006, 01:28 AM

Did you see the play? I am guessing NO! The replayed showed it clear as day. Dirk did not touch him! Wade pushed off. He deserved no time at the charity stripe that time!! But he got it!

You would do well to quit listening to songs!

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 01:31 AM
ESPN Radio in Dallas has an endless parade of callers who all say the series was rigged and the better team didn't win. If the Mavericks went 81-1 they'd say that the one loss was rigged.

texlawman
06-21-2006, 01:34 AM
Miami won and they deserved to win. Mavs didn't get screwed by the officials. I did think Game 5 in Miami was poorly officiated. Dirk didn't foul Wade tonight either. Wade pushed off. Still that's not why we lost.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 01:38 AM
Miami won and they deserved to win. Mavs didn't get screwed by the officials. I did think Game 5 in Miami was poorly officiated. Dirk didn't foul Wade tonight either. Wade pushed off. Still that's not why we lost.
Wade ran into Dirk, but Dirk was in no way set. Wade initiated the contact, but so does a jump shooter who pump fakes and jumps into someone. The foul was on Dirk, even if Wade led with his forearm. If you take that foul away from Dirk, then you have to change the blocking rule in the NBA, period.

East Coast Babe
06-21-2006, 01:42 AM
There were some questionable calls tonight but the game and the series is over. Regardless of the fouls, Wade played a great game tonight and alot of other Heat players stepped up tonight(Haslem, Mourning, and Walker who would actually be a pretty valuable player if he stopped jacking up those 3's so much). We were close this year but we blew game 3 and had our chances to win tonight. It hurts like hell to get this close but we have to work on getting better in the offseason(guaranteed Dirk will work on his post game much more this summer). Hopefully, the NBA does something about the horrible officiating that plagued most of the playoffs this year though(SA-Dallas, LAL-Phoenix, Miami-Dallas..etc).

I hope the NBA does something about the officiating too. It is bad all the way around. I know fans that are "checking out" of watching NBA games until things get better. They feel that the officiating for the whole playoffs everywhere was bad. I am thinking about it too. It is hard because I love basketball! Living in NC maybe I can get more involved in collegiate basketball to satisfy my interests. Lots of that around! I'll see!

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 01:44 AM
I hope the NBA does something about the officiating too. It is bad all the way around. I know fans that are "checking out" of watching NBA games until things get better. They feel that the officiating for the whole playoffs everywhere was bad. I am thinking about it too. It is hard because I love basketball! Living in NC maybe I can get more involved in collegiate basketball to satisfy my interests. Lots of that around! I'll see!
The officiating isn't bad, the culture has gotten to where everybody bitches about the officiating all the time. Shutting up and enjoying the game is a good fix for that.

East Coast Babe
06-21-2006, 02:17 AM
The officiating isn't bad, the culture has gotten to where everybody bitches about the officiating all the time. Shutting up and enjoying the game is a good fix for that.

The culture does bitch about the officiating a lot I agree. Shutting up and enjoying the game only works if you have nothing invested in the game, or you don't necessarily care who wins. But I do think no matter what that the officiating can be very bad. Sometimes I think it is even league encouraged. Even if I did not complain, I might still think so. I think I could perhaps tolerate less than adequate officiating, if I did not think that the League has their fingers in most playoff games. That is what makes me want to stop watching. I don't like the possibility of games that may be somewhat predetermined. For example, hockey was on strike for a year and got their problems worked out. Now they are much more fun to watch!

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 02:22 AM
In my opinion, only a moron would watch a sport if they actually believed that the league and the officials were determining the outcome. Besides, what does it say about your team when they win? I'm not sure how anyone could have orchestrated Jason Terry missing 16 of 18 shots, because I guarantee you that nobody is going to be able to tell Jason Terry not to try his ass off to win. If the NBA wanted the Heat to win, there's NO WAY IN HELL that they would have called that travel against Haslem when he got the rebound of Wade's second miss. It just wouldn't happen. People that spout that shit only spout the shit that reinforces their belief, and completely discount all the evidence that would prove they don't know what they are talking about.

RonMexico
06-21-2006, 02:32 AM
In my opinion, only a moron would watch a sport if they actually believed that the league and the officials were determining the outcome. Besides, what does it say about your team when they win? I'm not sure how anyone could have orchestrated Jason Terry missing 16 of 18 shots, because I guarantee you that nobody is going to be able to tell Jason Terry not to try his ass off to win. If the NBA wanted the Heat to win, there's NO WAY IN HELL that they would have called that travel against Haslem when he got the rebound of Wade's second miss. It just wouldn't happen. People that spout that shit only spout the shit that reinforces their belief, and completely discount all the evidence that would prove they don't know what they are talking about.

exactly! calls were made both ways and let's be honest - Jason Terry pushed D-Wade into Dirk while Dirk was still moving his feet and D-Wade did put his arm out to both protect himself from losing balance and the ball from a steal because there is the chance that Dirk's much longer reach could poke the ball away and no foul will be called... ///still a foul on Dirk because he gets that call about 3-4 times a game when a player just has a hand near him... oh yeah, and D-Wade doesn't get more calls than MJ because Dirk broke MJ's playoff record for made FTs... in the first quarter of Game 3

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 02:43 AM
An interesting thing that people don't realize is that what are you going to call the exchange between Dirk and Wade if you don't call a foul on Dirk? It wasn't a fucking charge, and there was contact. Wade did what a good player does and forces the official to make a call. In that case they will almost always call the block.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Did you see the play? I am guessing NO! The replayed showed it clear as day. Dirk did not touch him! Wade pushed off. He deserved no time at the charity stripe that time!! But he got it!

If I didn't see the play, how could I comment on it? Are you this stupid. Dirk got caught flat footed and stuck his forearm out into Wade. Yeah, Wade was leaning in, but the official even motioned with the forearm that that's how Dirk fouled Wade. And the forearm was pretty damn obvious if you were paying attention and don't have an agenda.

End of discussion.

bulletedge
06-21-2006, 09:18 AM

The refs didn't lose the series for Dallas- their poor shooting and choking in general did them in.

But I was about 30 feet away from Wade and Nowitzki on that last call and it was totally bogus. Wade initiated the contact and cleared out with his arm.

I know you won't agree because you wanted to see the Mavs lose in the worst way. And they did. In the worst way. CHOKING...for four games in a row.

leemajors
06-21-2006, 09:23 AM
wade initiated the contact, but i don't think he cleared out with his arm. they replayed it several times and i watched it in slow motion too - he didn't clear out. it should have been a no-call.

Islymore
06-21-2006, 09:32 AM

def agree with this thot...
i answered my phone last night for all who wanted to call and we discussed the reality of the game. the Heat played a helluva lot better than the Mavs did and deserved to win. i take nothing away from them bc they were the better team. PERIOD. no ref whining, no cryin from me...

thass never been my m.o. so... i wont start now. the Mavs lived and died by the jumper last night so if anything... i'll blame the loss on the coaching staff and the players who showed up for maybe 5 out of the last 16 qtrs.

monosylab1k
06-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Wade, the next Jordan!!

I know everyone's saying Wade is the new Jordan, but let's tap the brakes on this one...

Put Lebron James on the Heat and they win 60+ games this season and SWEEP the Mavs.

Put Dwyane Wade on the Cavs and they're barely scraping 40 wins and hoping for the 7 or 8 seed.

Give Michael Jordan a Shaq, even an aging Shaq, early in his career, and the Bulls might have won 10 or 11 rings.

As great as Wade is, this Miami victory was about 2 things -

1) Shaq's dominance in the middle freed everything up for Wade.

2) Dirk not having the stomach for the fight.

Trainwreck2100
06-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Wade ran into Dirk, but Dirk was in no way set. Wade initiated the contact, but so does a jump shooter who pump fakes and jumps into someone. The foul was on Dirk, even if Wade led with his forearm. If you take that foul away from Dirk, then you have to change the blocking rule in the NBA, period.

It may have been less controversial, if Wade stepped on his foot

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 09:48 AM

Don't forget Alonzo's 5 blocked shots.

And the second leading scorer was Haslem!

Shaq is OK, but when Walker and Haslem both outscore you, maybe we should chalk this up to "Team Effort."

Or, as Pat says, Fifteen Strong. Oh, yeah, his adjustments and coaching made a huge difference, too.

clambake
06-21-2006, 10:02 AM
At least we beat the spurs?????

Spurs amounted to nothing, if you hadn't noticed. I suppose your waiting for "at least we beat the suns, too!

Mavs failed the test.

DDS4
06-21-2006, 11:10 AM
I know everyone's saying Wade is the new Jordan, but let's tap the brakes on this one...

Put Lebron James on the Heat and they win 60+ games this season and SWEEP the Mavs.

Put Dwyane Wade on the Cavs and they're barely scraping 40 wins and hoping for the 7 or 8 seed.

Give Michael Jordan a Shaq, even an aging Shaq, early in his career, and the Bulls might have won 10 or 11 rings.

I think Mavtek was being sarcastic.

Nonetheless, Wade is closer to Lebron than you think. On top of that, Shaq wasn't even in the game for stretches because he was in foul trouble or because of his poor free throw shooting. Wade still took over.

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 11:13 AM
ESPN Radio in Dallas has an endless parade of callers who all say the series was rigged and the better team didn't win. If the Mavericks went 81-1 they'd say that the one loss was rigged.

Sounds like a bunch of morons calling in...

Of course, if they're listening to Engel and Dennis...nuff said :lol

You don't have to be set to draw a charge...you also can't throw a forearm into a guy's chest...flip a coin...Wade got the call...

Slinkyman
06-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Sounds like a bunch of morons calling in...

Of course, if they're listening to Engel and Dennis...nuff said :lol

You don't have to be set to draw a charge...you also can't throw a forearm into a guy's chest...flip a coin...Wade got the call...

dirk's arm hit wade the same time wade's arm hit dirk, you'll never ever get a charge called while the defender is reaching in.

samikeyp
06-21-2006, 11:37 AM
From DB.com.....

Sorry Heat. This series was so rigged you can't claim to be the better team. You get the trophy, but it's a tainted victory.

Congratulations. Your MVPs are David Stern and Mark Cuban.

Without all that referee help, we wrap it up in 5. Congratulations you are the fake champions. You can go to Disneyworld with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I wish one, just one, "respected" reporter would ask Dwayne Wade, "So, how does it feel to be giftwrapped a championship?"

After watching him foul JET 3 times on one play with no call and then they called HIS pushoff/offensive foul on Nowitzki...I wish he had the brains to feel a huge letdown because this is so tainted.
(yes give back the trophy!) :lol

Why would anybody want to win this way?????

I don't get it. How can any one of them feel any sense of accomplishment.

So sad. I'm sure their too stupid to realize it's wrong.
(Yes and if Dallas won....you wouldn't feel the same sense?) :lol

bono, they wanted Stack suspended. They wanted Dirk suspended for kicking a basketball. They have no pride about proving they are the best. They'll take it any way they can get it.

(oh..they are at it again I see!) :lmao

When this bilge was spewed by some Spurs fans....a bunch of Mavs fans came here and chastised them...but now? I guess its ok for them.

Suck it up and stop being a bunch of pussies. Dallas had Miami down 2-0 and...read carefully...could not close out the series! They could not even win a crucial game at home.

In the words of Mav fan after the Spurs series...

"the better team won....get over it"

rayray2k8
06-21-2006, 11:44 AM
When this bilge was spewed by some Spurs fans....a bunch of Mavs fans came here and chastised them...but now? I guess its ok for them.

Suck it up and stop being a bunch of pussies. Dallas had Miami down 2-0 and...read carefully...could not close out the series! They could not even win a crucial game at home.

In the words of Mav fan after the Spurs series...

"the better team won....get over it"

Damn straight. :fro

CubanMustGo
06-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey, the DMN is running a survey titled "Are you embarrassed at behavior of Mavs, fans?"

EDIT: You have to go to the DMN web site (http://www.dallasnews.com) and click on the link there.

strangeweather
06-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey, the DMN is running a survey titled "Are you embarrassed at behavior of Mavs, fans?"

Click here to chime in (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/062106dnspotellus.1c623cf.html).
Your link isn't working. You need to remove the line break inside the url tag.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 02:21 PM

You don't have to have your feet planted, but you have to be established in a spot, which is what I mean by "set". Dirk's body was turned, he was moving away, and he was not under control. He did a convincing enough flop that the call really could have gone either way, but there's no way by rule that should have been an offensive foul. If you believe in the new rules they favor the offensive player. Dirk was taking advantage of the same rule, initiating contact against slower defenders all playoffs long. It seems disingenuous to complain about the rules just because someone else takes advantage of them.

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 02:29 PM
You don't have to have your feet planted, but you have to be established in a spot, which is what I mean by "set". Dirk's body was turned, he was moving away, and he was not under control. He did a convincing enough flop that the call really could have gone either way, but there's no way by rule that should have been an offensive foul. If you believe in the new rules they favor the offensive player. Dirk was taking advantage of the same rule, initiating contact against slower defenders all playoffs long. It seems disingenuous to complain about the rules just because someone else takes advantage of them.

I'd complete agree with all that IF Wade hadn't throw a forearm into his chest!! :drunk

Mixability
06-21-2006, 02:36 PM
I'd complete agree with all that IF Wade hadn't throw a forearm into his chest!! :drunk

Coming from the guy that proclaims in every thread that he doesn't blame the refs..... :rolleyes

awmyplace
06-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I need a tampon??

Lol!

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Coming from the guy that proclaims in every thread that he doesn't blame the refs..... :rolleyes

The fact that I thought something was a bad call does not = blaming the refs for the Mavs losing... :drunk

awmyplace
06-21-2006, 04:47 PM
The fact that I thought something was a bad call does not = blaming the refs for the Mavs losing... :drunk

Lol!