PDA

View Full Version : Honest question for Spurs fans

Amarelooms
06-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Yes I know you are happy the Mavs lost and Cuban is an @$$ etc. That being said.....just watching the game and the some of the calls Wade got in Game 5 and 6.....what were your impressions? Good calls, questionable calls, or bad calls.

Note I still thinkg the Heat deserved to win and I admit they are the better team. Just curious what other fans of other teams honestly saw when watching the game.

JMarkJohns
06-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Yes I know you are happy the Mavs lost and Cuban is an @$$ etc. That being said.....just watching the game and the some of the calls Wade got in Game 5 and 6.....what were your impressions? Good calls, questionable calls, or bad calls.

Note I still thinkg the Heat deserved to win and I admit they are the better team. Just curious what other fans of other teams honestly saw when watching the game.

Suns fans here. Go look at game two vs. Phoenix. The FT and foul disparity. Now, come back and act like your team was robbed.

STFU already.

Enough, you got beat. Worst of all, you allowed yourselves to get beat late in game three and on.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2006, 11:47 PM
I think Wade should not hav ebeen at the line to win game 5, but tonight the heat won fair and square and proved themselves to be a better team.

"DIRK NOWITZKI, ZERO POINTS, FOURTH QUARTER, CHOKE--CHOKE--CHOKE!!!!"

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

timvp
Great calls. Compared to the calls Dirk got in Games 3 and 4, those calls for Wade might be the greatest calls in the history of sport.

spurschick
I think that the officiating has taken a turn for the worst in general. It's sad that we all know who the officials are and can predict how a game will play out, before it's even started, based on who the officials are for the night. Basketball used to be a game played between two teams. Now it's played with three.

Amarelooms
Suns fans here. Go look at game two vs. Phoenix. The FT and foul disparity. Now, come back and act like yopur team was robbed.

STFU already.

Enough, you got beat. Worst of all, you allowed yourselves to get beat late in game three and on.

Ok figured I'd get responses like this. Forgive me for trying to have a meaningful discussion. Feel free to close this post.........

timvp
06-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Ok figured I'd get responses like this. Forgive me for trying to have a meaningful discussion. Feel free to close this post.........

:cry

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm sure you felt Dirk deserved all those FT attempts he got against us, though :rolleyes

rayray2k8
06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
The league is fixed!!
CONSPIRACY!!!!!

:lol
seriously?
there were ALOT of shaky calls bro.
What happened to the mavs, happened to the spurs.
Just remeber that.

JMarkJohns
06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
There can be meaningful discussion, so long as you're willing to admit that the Mavs are likely only where they are because of some lucky calls and one-sided officiating along the way.

To accept one and deny the other is weak.

Man up.

Dallas hosed several teams along the way, then finally got hosed themselves.

samikeyp
06-20-2006, 11:53 PM
I can only speak for myself but honestly I didn't care who won. Although now that I see a lot of Mav fans melting down I am laughing. Those Mavs fans are doing exactly what they accused Spurs fans of doing. I have some friends and relatives who are good Mavs fans and for them I feel but those assholes who trolled and spammed here? You got what you deserved.

strangeweather
06-20-2006, 11:54 PM

Wade got a ton of calls, and it influenced the outcome of some games. So did Dirk. So did Timmy. So did the previous generation of NBA stars.

Bottom line: it takes 4 wins to take a series. Whatever calls you guys lost out on, you had other chances to win a game somewhere else and still be playing on Thursday. Howard's FTs and the time out on Sunday. The 14-point lead you gave away in game 3. But when it counted, it didn't get done.

The Spurs had some shitty calls that decided games too, and we had other chances to win, as well. But the Mavs were the ones who pulled that one out.

Those are the breaks. Bottom line, the better team wins. This year, it was the Heat.

Spurologist
06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Dirk Nowitzki was as affective in the fouth quarter as Jason Kapono.

That is your ball game. Plain and simple.

Dre_7
06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Ive never blamed the refs for a Spurs loss. I wont blame them for any other teams loss.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Stop crying, according to your new prophet Bill Simmons, Danny Crawford is a great ref. Mavs just showed zero heart and choked away a championship. The refs have got nothing to do with it.

baseline bum
06-21-2006, 12:11 AM
My impression? Dwayne Wade ain't to be flexed with. Those jumpers he was hitting were ridiculous, especially those tight-angle bank shots he kept hitting.

ShoogarBear
06-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Yes, there were lots of questionable calls in the Finals. I would say the majority of them were against the Mavs, but Dirk got his fair share of flop-grunt-throw-his-hands-up-tweet calls.

But the bottom line is this: if you elminate all the questionable calls in the playoffs this year from Day One, the Mavs don't even make the Finals. So the point is moot.

timvp
06-21-2006, 12:13 AM
But the bottom line is this: if you elminate all the questionable calls in the playoffs this year from Day One, the Mavs don't even make the Finals. So the point is moot.

:tu

timvp
06-21-2006, 12:14 AM
You live by the refs, you die by the refs.

Simple as that.

Hook Dem
06-21-2006, 12:22 AM
I think that the officiating has taken a turn for the worst in general. It's sad that we all know who the officials are and can predict how a game will play out, before it's even started, based on who the officials are for the night. Basketball used to be a game played between two teams. Now it's played with three.
Thats it in a nutshell! Referees decide games all too often.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-21-2006, 12:41 AM
i could care less if the nba was rigged, calls were wrong, and stern had a vendetta against cuban as long as the mavs NEVER FUCKIN WIN EVER!

violentkitten
06-21-2006, 12:44 AM
there wasnt anything wrong with the referees. your team lost, plain and simple. stop whining and be glad your favorite team isnt the atlanta hawks.

DDS4
06-21-2006, 12:53 AM
The officiating was atrocious for ALL teams. Especially this year. And it's getting worse.

Wade got the calls because he took it to the hole strong. Dirk didn't.

That's the difference.

IMO, with all the dick waving Cuban and AJ's been doing about the officiating, they've made the situation worse.

Dingle Barry
06-21-2006, 12:59 AM
I thought there were a couple of questionable calls but the Mavs choking is what lost the game.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 01:02 AM
I frankly didn't think the Spurs got too many bad calls to overcome, if they'd played anything approaching defense. The Mavericks definitely didn't get too many calls to overcome, especially with that fucking travelling call at the end. If that wasn't a case of the refs giftwrapping a game 7 for someone I don't know what is.

2centsworth
06-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Dallas fan having the audacity to complain about officiating is disgusting. If not for the refs it's the Spurs celebrating #4. There is justice in the world.

ChumpDumper
06-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Refs will be a factor in close games.

Given the obvious paper superiority of the Mavs, those games should never have been so close in the first place.

Done fucked up, kids.

Quit your crying and try to keep your sphincters from clenching so much next time.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 03:12 AM
The better team has no excuse for losing four games in a row, kids. Therefore the better team DID win.

RonMexico
06-21-2006, 04:50 AM
Suns fans here. Go look at game two vs. Phoenix. The FT and foul disparity. Now, come back and act like your team was robbed.

STFU already.

JMark, you're ignoring Game 5 (2 lame techs) and 6 (4 Suns with 4 fouls heading into 4th quarter - while Mavs have two non-factors with 3 fouls)... Dirk got 50 with 18 FTs... that's it, I'm done - the Mavs got what was coming to them with their choking and terrible cocky attitude...

Supergirl
06-21-2006, 07:31 AM
You live by the refs, you die by the refs.

Simple as that.

Word.

SenorSpur
06-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Try Games 3 & 4 in the Spurs/Mavs series. Duncan fouls out on bogus calls. Ginobili fouls out on a bogus call. Several other calls that costs the Spurs possessions and affected the outcome.

Mavs fans have ABSOLUTELY nothing to complain about.

bulletedge
06-21-2006, 09:08 AM
37% from the field cost the Mavs the last game. I was there- on the fifth row where I could see what was going on...Wade got calls that were amazingly bad. He is a great player but the refs made him virtually unstoppable last night.

That being said- the Mavs just displayed one of the WORST choking jobs in history. Miami exposed the hollow inner core of a team that has no inside presence on offense and very little on the defensive end.

Dirk was a no-show for most of the series. He certainly is NOT a superstar...and he won't be unless he can develop more than and occasional drive to the basket interspersed with endless fall away jumpers. Fall away jumpers???? The guy is 7 feet tall and has to shoot fall aways against guys 5 inches shorter??? Dirk must not watch game film because if he did he would see how pathetic all of his fall aways look.

So- congrats to Miami for doing to the Mavs what nobody else did in the playoffs.

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Was Dirk's foul on Wade (the one where Dirk was just in the wrong place and the wrong time) questionable? That's the main one I would question if I was a Mavs fan...

But, bottom line, the Mavs have several chances to win and blew it. Just like the Spurs did.

In the end, the Refs did not decide the outcome.

Mavs<Spurs
06-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Great calls. Compared to the calls Dirk got in Games 3 and 4, those calls for Wade might be the greatest calls in the history of sport.

Can't say it any better than that!!!

So, ditto that!!!
:elephant :elephant :elephant

bulletedge
06-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Was Dirk's foul on Wade (the one where Dirk was just in the wrong place and the wrong time) questionable? That's the main one I would question if I was a Mavs fan...

But, bottom line, the Mavs have several chances to win and blew it. Just like the Spurs did.

In the end, the Refs did not decide the outcome.

MadDog- My seat was about 30 feet away from that last call and it was bogus. Wade initiated the contact and then cleared out with his right arm. A horrible call like several that went in Wade's favor last night.

BUT- the Mavs CHOKED. And they CHOKED for four games in a row. They should have played through whatever the refs threw at them and they couldn't do that. Miami beat Dallas- plain and simple. It was pitiful to watch the Mavs self destruct.

Miami also exposed the huge void in the middle of Dallas' offense. A team with virtually ZERO inside presence on the offensive end has no options to go to when the jumpers stop falling. And with the way the Mavs shot the ball in this series (especially Dirk) I bet Acme Brick will be their official team sponsor next season. I can see it now..."The Dallas Mavericks- Official Bricklayers of the NBA". Does have the ring of truth to it, doesn't it.

Dallas' lack of any inside offense was painfully displayed late in the 4th when Dirk threw a perfect pass to Dampier for what should have been an easy dunk. But old Stone Hands watched another one bounce off his hands. C'mon...most of the folks posting on this board could have caught that pass.

My last observation is that Dallas does not know how to finish around the basket. I don't know how many times a Dallas player had a clear path to the basket for a layup and came away with a blocked shot. They need to learn how to finish stronger at the rim and at least have a chance at drawing a foul.

easjer
06-21-2006, 09:30 AM
I think the officiating throughout the playoffs was shameful and among the worst I've ever seen. I thought the Suns got screwed in the first round and that the Spurs got screwed in the second and I think the Mavs caught the short end in two of the Miami games (there was no excuse for the third game of the series), while I thought the Heat got screwed in the first couple.

But as I was told by a Mavs fan, "Get over it. Your team had every opportunity to win and you just couldn't get over the supposed bad calls to actually play the game." I pass that back, friend.

Fabbs
06-21-2006, 09:31 AM

Will need to see it again, but the call DWade got on Dork with 26 seconds left. Sure looked like Dwade stiff armed Dirk and got away with it.

DarrinS
06-21-2006, 09:35 AM
You probably got screwed in game 5, but game 6 was just a choke job. The refs have nothing to do with JET and Dirk shooting so poorly and totally lacking aggression.

bulletedge
06-21-2006, 09:48 AM
You probably got screwed in game 5, but game 6 was just a choke job. The refs have nothing to do with JET and Dirk shooting so poorly and totally lacking aggression.

No doubt Dallas' poor shooting cost them any chance of being truly competitive in this series- not just game 6. No NBA team can expect to win shooting 37% (or less) from the field.

I still lay most of the blame at Dirk's feet. he is supposedly the leader of this team...and, very frankly, he did worse than choke- he basically failed to show up for this series. As the leader goes, the rest of the team will eventually follow.

Avery had several quotes during the series to the effect of "We aren't worried about Dirk. Dirk will get his"...etc. etc. Man, Avery had to be lying through is teeth. He was watching the same shitty "Nohitski" we were and I know I was worried from game 1.

easjer
06-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Can't argue with that, bulletedge. I predicted a Dirk choke job, it just came later than anticipated. I wonder if he'd have choked if the Mavs and Spurs had met in the Conference finals instead of the semis. I thought after the Conference finals he had actually maybe gotten over the choking, but apparently I spoke too soon.

bulletedge
06-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Can't argue with that, bulletedge. I predicted a Dirk choke job, it just came later than anticipated. I wonder if he'd have choked if the Mavs and Spurs had met in the Conference finals instead of the semis. I thought after the Conference finals he had actually maybe gotten over the choking, but apparently I spoke too soon.

I agree- I thought Dirk had finally gotten past choking with his play against the Spurs. Man was I WRONG!!!!

In my mind, he took a giant step forward against the Spurs. Hell, I was even able to accept the use of the term "superstar" in describing him. Now he has reverted back to another Mel Counts-like 7-footer who can shoot from the outside...sometimes.

Let's face it...Dirk played like a pussy. And no amount of exercise bike kicking in an arena tunnel can change that simple fact.

clambake
06-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Mavs got beat fair and square. That is justice. So did the pistons, suns, spurs and cavs. Teams that win, overcome everything.

bulletedge
06-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Mavs got beat fair and square. That is justice. So did the pistons, suns, spurs and cavs. Teams that win, overcome everything.

TRUE.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-21-2006, 10:44 AM
TRUE.

too bad the mavs couldnt overcome the now famous choke job, huh?

cough cough.

shelshor
06-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Will need to see it again, but the call DWade got on Dork with 26 seconds left. Sure looked like Dwade stiff armed Dirk and got away with it.
texlawman
06-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Fine their was questionable officiating, but who gives a crap. Bottom line is we choked. We didn't deserve to win. We coughed it up in Games 3,5,& 6 and have no one to blame but ourselves.

I do wish however, that Dan Crawford would stop following us around the country. I think we were 1-13 in games he officiated since the start of the playoffs. God I can't believe I'm begging for Dick Bavetta.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah it was Dan Crawford.