PDA

View Full Version : DIRK lost this series!

monosylab1k
06-21-2006, 12:23 AM
say whatever you want about dampier dropping a pass, about the refs calling every foul in miami's favor, and about terry and stackhouse missing wide open 3's....the reason we lost this series is because DIRK was TIMID yet again.

it's obvious - dirk is aggresive in the first quarter and the mavs are up by 14...dirk is timid for the final three quarters and the mavs lose.

let me ask you guys something....did Michael Jordan EVER pass out to will perdue in the final 2 minutes of a close game in the finals? did Larry Bird EVER pass out to robert parish in the final 2 minutes of a close game in the finals? did Shaq/Kobe EVER pass out to rick fox in the final 2 minutes of a close game in the finals? did Tim Duncan EVER pass out to rasho nesterovic in the final 2 minutes of a close game in the finals?

the answer to all of those is NO!!!!!!

then why in the HELL did dirk nowitzki pass out to dampier or ANYBODY ELSE in the final minutes of this game?????

if he's the superstar we all THOUGHT that he was, he would have taken it himself and put this game on HIS shoulders before he ever let dampier or terry or stackhouse decide the fate of this team.

this again proves that, while dirk has taken another step up the ladder, HE IS NOT A SUPERSTAR, HE IS NOT A TOP 5 PLAYER, AND HE IS NOT YET CAPABLE OF LEADING A TEAM TO A CHAMPIONSHIP!

maybe next year will be different....dirk has taken one step up the ladder every single year he's been in the league, so perhaps next year will be the year that he takes that final step to the top....but HIS GAME IS NOT AT THE TOP YET! and this series proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

here's looking to next year, when diop and harris will be much more mature, terry and howard will have another year of experience, and dirk will hopefully take that next step...

SPARKY
06-21-2006, 12:24 AM
39% shooting for the series.

Holmes_Fans
06-21-2006, 12:26 AM
That makes more sense than anything 99% of the spurs fans here have said.

I knew it wouldn't be a sweep. I'm willing to bet Dallas is one of the youngest teams to make it to a finals with players who actually played.

Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade are the only players who had meaningful minutes with 3 years of less of experience. The next closest was Posey at 6 year. Then you have Shaq, Alonzo, Payton with 10+ years

Dallas though Dirk, Dampier, Stackhouse are the only players with big years of playing.

timvp
06-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Dirk lived at the line in fourth quarters in the playoffs. When a few calls didn't go his way, the Mavs fell apart.

It was only a matter of time.

atxrocker
06-21-2006, 12:33 AM
i would agree that dirk lost this series. this choke job is on him. the guy is a solid player but perennial loser. sucks for him. dirk couldn't will his team to wins and turn a series around like wade. dwayne is clearly the superior superstar to dirk. not surprising todays outcome at all. dirks a choker.

Mavtek
06-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Yea I can't believe he fouled Wade on that last play in game 5.

Puh--------LEEEZZZZ

Dirk took us to the Finals, played his ass off in game 6 single handidly got us past the Suns and the Spurs. Dirk's fine, he didn't lose us this series, it's a team game.

chrischildz
06-21-2006, 12:39 AM
dirk faded away like a poor mans peja.

atxrocker
06-21-2006, 12:39 AM
Yea I can't believe he fouled Wade on that last play in game 5.

Puh--------LEEEZZZZ

Dirk took us to the Finals, played his ass off in game 6 single handidly got us past the Suns and the Spurs. Dirk's fine, he didn't lose us this series, it's a team game.

dirk is weak and soft. again- perennial loser. clearly out classed in this series by the younger wade. and note you got past an amare-less suns to advance

monosylab1k
06-21-2006, 12:41 AM
when exactly did he play his ass off? i know he did in quarter 1 when the mavs were up by 14...after that, where did dirk go? why is he passing to "stone hands" Dampier and not taking it to the hole himself?

and forget the foul in game 5...it was bullcrap i know...but a missed free throw by DIRK and two more by Josh Howard lost that game for Dallas.

I hate to give faggot Spurs fans the satisfaction, but it's true - Dallas CHOKED! and unless Dirk takes the next step, they'll forever be the Utah Jazz of this new generation of the NBA.

DDS4
06-21-2006, 12:45 AM
When the game was on the line, the Heat could call on Wade. The Mavs didn't have a go-to-guy when it mattered most.

Dirk is the logical choice, but for whatever reason, he didn't want to take it upon himself. Call it KG-itis, 2005 Dirk, whatever. Dirk HAS to step up and take shots...make or miss.

Amarelooms
06-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Yes there were some questionable play calling by the Mavs. Dirk played well I have no problems with him.....Heat were playing good D...doubling down on him and giving him lots of looks. You can't expect him at 7 feet be able to get into the lane like Wade. He just can't make plays like that.....he needs to get stronger in the offseason (upper body) and work on low post moves but that's not really his game. Take the good with the bad....still love ya Dirk :)

Holmes_Fans
06-21-2006, 12:47 AM
dirk is weak and soft. again- perennial loser. clearly out classed in this series by the younger wade. and note you got past an amare-less suns to advance
Wow, the "no amare" excuse is worse than complaining about the refs. The suns knew he would be out most of the season, he would of just been owned by Dampier and Diop anyways. No shawn bradley for him to beat up on this season.

atxrocker
06-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Wow, the "no amare" excuse is worse than complaining about the refs. The suns knew he would be out most of the season, he would of just been owned by Dampier and Diop anyways. No shawn bradley for him to beat up on this season.

:lmao dude your fuckin serious? thats crazy even coming from a dilusional mavs fan. amare was dominant and quickly becoming a force and a superstar in this league prior to his injury. your nuts if you think damp has anything on him.

DirkAB
06-21-2006, 12:51 AM
I honestly was thinking that he was a choker, but not after he hit huge shots at the end of game 5. Those shots were a amazing. I would blame it more on the team as a whole, including Avery. The team didn't focus on getting him the ball as much as they should have. They blew it, he should have had the ball in his hands twice as much as he did, he is a superstar and he gets calls. The Mavs failed to take advantage of this aspect, unlike the Heat, they got the ball in the hands of their superstar a lot.

Maybe the Heat should get more credit instead of the Mavs getting all the blame.

monosylab1k
06-21-2006, 12:58 AM
well if he knew this, dirk should have DEMANDED the ball and NOT passed it to fucking Dampier in the final minute.

Brutalis
06-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Dirk lived at the line in fourth quarters in the playoffs. When a few calls didn't go his way, the Mavs fell apart.

It was only a matter of time.
we have a winner!

monosylab1k
06-21-2006, 01:00 AM
:lmao dude your fuckin serious? thats crazy even coming from a dilusional mavs fan. amare was dominant and quickly becoming a force and a superstar in this league prior to his injury. your nuts if you think damp has anything on him.

you're right. i'm a mavs fan, but i know that anybody that thinks the Mavs are gonna be back in the finals without a doubt is delusional. I know they'll be a serious contender, but they've got the Spurs, Suns, and Clippers to deal with next year. They can do it, but it's no guarantee.

Budkin
06-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Dirk barely took a shot in the 4th quarter. And the team as a whole were settling for too many jumpers. I'm surprised that they didn't continue to take it to the hole. It was working for them at the beginning of the game, especially for Dirk. Oh well, KARMA IS A BITCH MAVS!!! :lol

Holmes_Fans
06-21-2006, 04:44 PM
The suns live and die with nash, he is now 1 year older and barely made it through this season playing 35 min a game. No MVP for nash next season, and amare sat out for an entire season, nobody knows if he is gonna suck or be back the way he was.

boutons_
06-21-2006, 06:54 PM
"NOT passed it to fucking Dampier"

That play worked perfectly earlier in the game. Dunk for Dampier.

But a bad pass and hands too mediocre to compensate blew a crunch opportunity. A good pass, and Dampier was open to dunk it again. I can't see how that was a bad play, just a bad pass.

kalikot_boy_kr
06-21-2006, 07:19 PM
hahahahhahhaahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhahaaaaaa!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

kalikot_boy_kr
06-21-2006, 07:26 PM
:flag: :flag: :flag:
stand still

Rip-Hamilton32
06-21-2006, 07:35 PM
lol..dirk lost the series..but without dirk there wouldn't have been a series

bulletedge
06-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Dirk choked the entire series not just in game 6.

He is the leader of the team and he did not lead...for six games in a row.

Doug Collins
06-22-2006, 07:20 AM

Nevermind that Damp was on the roster last playoffs when Amare was still throwing down roughly 25-30pts a game. Im sure Diop wouldve been able to shut him down, when Amare avg. 40 a game against the greatest power forward of all time (tim duncan :king ). And I forgot...didnt Diop and Damp let Tim average like 35 a game in the second round. Yeah they wouldve handled Amare :rolleyes .But yes he is a dillusional mavs fan so Iīll let it pass.

Doug Collins
06-22-2006, 07:23 AM
The suns live and die with nash, he is now 1 year older and barely made it through this season playing 35 min a game. No MVP for nash next season, and amare sat out for an entire season, nobody knows if he is gonna suck or be back the way he was.

Thatīs why god created free agency and the draft. They get a solid back up point and let boris run the offense when Nash sits down. Even with a 85%- 90% healthy Amare that team is gonna be damn good and a tough out in the playoffs next year.

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Nevermind that Damp was on the roster last playoffs when Amare was still throwing down roughly 25-30pts a game. Im sure Diop wouldve been able to shut him down, when Amare avg. 40 a game against the greatest power forward of all time (tim duncan :king ). And I forgot...didnt Diop and Damp let Tim average like 35 a game in the second round. Yeah they wouldve handled Amare :rolleyes .But yes he is a dillusional mavs fan so Iīll let it pass.
your the one who thinks wade is on the same level as kobe. and your calling someone dillusional? :lmao :lmao

J.T.
06-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Honestly, I knew the Mavs were done after they swept Memphis in the first round. Why? Because sweeping Memphis in the first round is the NBA's current curse.

2004 - SA sweeps Memphis, loses in 2nd round
2005 - PHX sweeps Memphis, loses in 3rd round
2006 - DAL sweeps Memphis, loses in Finals

I'm telling you man, it's a curse.

Doug Collins
06-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Honestly, I knew the Mavs were done after they swept Memphis in the first round. Why? Because sweeping Memphis in the first round is the NBA's current curse.

2004 - SA sweeps Memphis, loses in 2nd round
2005 - PHX sweeps Memphis, loses in 3rd round
2006 - DAL sweeps Memphis, loses in Finals

I'm telling you man, it's a curse.

But every year the team gets closer. Next year I hope we sweep Memphis.

Doug Collins
06-22-2006, 07:37 AM
your the one who thinks wade is on the same level as kobe. and your calling someone dillusional? :lmao :lmao

I dont get it. Unlike you I backed my pro-wade argument up with stats, not subjective "anyone with basketball knowledge knows Kobe is better" arguments. But whatever.

strikemode14
06-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Dirk isn't the only one to blame. In 3 out of 4 games 3, 4, and 6 they lost they had four players in double figures that in including Wade's big games. You aren't going to win games not playing D and shooting a low percentage.

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 08:27 AM
I dont get it. Unlike you I backed my pro-wade argument up with stats, not subjective "anyone with basketball knowledge knows Kobe is better" arguments. But whatever.
thats because i know stats dont mean a damn thing. wade has more assists because he has better role players to pass to. thier rebounds are pretty much the same, and kobe is a better scorer. wades field goal percentage is better but thats because he takes the ball to the basket more. thats one thing wade does better i will give you that.

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 08:28 AM
I dont get it.
and you never will.

kalikot_boy_kr
06-22-2006, 08:53 AM
" da last" "mavslast" is over....because of ur cuban, u are real looser!!!! so i give u a props of being bad mocus!! hahahha! :elephant

awmyplace
06-22-2006, 09:05 AM
:elephant
" da last" "mavslast" is over....because of ur cuban, u are real looser!!!! so i give u a props of being bad mocus!! hahahha! :elephant