PDA

View Full Version : "They Served" and "Why?"

Yonivore
10-15-2004, 09:33 PM
See 'em here! I think it's also interesting to note the organization has changed its name to "Swiftboat Vets and POWs for Truth."

http://www.swiftvets.com/images/theyserved.png (http://swift3.he.net/~swift3/theyserved.wmv)

http://www.swiftvets.com/images/why.png (http://swift3.he.net/~swift3/why.wmv)

whottt
10-16-2004, 02:50 AM
Damn...Great Stuff.

If a Congressional Medal of Honor Winner, who as a pow got to hear Kerry's "heroic" speech to congress, is calling Kerry out...the debate is over.

The CMOH trumps all other medals combined.

And that Medal of Honor Winner?

He's a veteran of WWII and Korea as well as VietNam. He's one of the most decorated soldiers in US history...In fact only MacArthur is more decorated.

Kerry needs to be glad that Sgt York, Audie Murphy and General MacArthur are dead, otherwise they'd be coming down on his traitorous ass as well.

And that's about the only way he could be condemned worse than Bud Day condemening him...that man is a hero in every sense of the word.

Nbadan
10-16-2004, 03:20 AM
Oh man, you guys are right. These vendetta-filled old farts are quite enjoyable. I like the first ad when it says that these guys have nothing to gain from appearing in the Video, ha, I've documented how some have been hired by the VA, others have received very fairable treatment by the government, hell, I wouldn't be surprised if thier leader John O"Neil is considered for Undersecretary of Defense under W2. You know how the Republicans always pay back in spades.

The second video has republican political operative, Admiral Hoffman as the final "Swifty" to speak. How ironic that Hoffman would criticize Kerry over his remarks concerning US behavior in Vietnam, considering I documented that Hoffman himself ordered his men to shoot on innocent civilians in Vietnam.

whottt
10-16-2004, 03:32 AM
Bud Day is the most decorated soldier in US history since General Douglas MacArthur...

That guy is the same caliber of millitary hero as Audie Murphy, Alvin York, George Washington and MacArthur.

And Day earned his medals in combat in 3 Wars. He was a POW from the age of 42 until he was 48 years old in VietNam.

He is the only man to ever escape North VietNam.

If that old man says Kerry is scum..he's scum. Because that old man is America.

Honestly, fuck you if you diss that guy.

He's done more for this country, and it's right of free speech then you and I in our lives combined....more than the lives of this entire forum combined.

And just so you know...Day doesn't really like Bush, in fact he's not happy with him as President at all...but he knows that Kerry doesn't deserve to be the President of this country...no matter what Bush has done.

Yonivore
10-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Kerry needs to be glad that Sgt York, Audie Murphy and General MacArthur are dead, otherwise they'd be coming down on his traitorous ass as well.
True that!

:lmao at Nbadanallah!

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-16-2004, 10:00 AM
OpTruth.org

They served, too.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-16-2004, 12:20 PM
RealClearPolitics has 6 polls in the aftermath of the 3rd debate, Bush is up in all.

When the SBV/POWFT ads hit next week, I think that will be the final blow.

Whott's right about Bud Day. My dad's got mixed views on both candidates, but when he saw the ad and saw Day in there, he said "wow!"

Dan, if all our troops hate Bush and being in the Mideast like you said, why is it that a poll of military members found 78% would be voting for W. in November?

I guess they didn't get JFK's or Mikey Moore's memos, that Bush is putting them in harms way and they should vote for him.

2pac
10-16-2004, 12:47 PM
I thought Audie Murphy was the most decorated soldier in US history. Doesn't he have two MOHs?

Bud Day is a big stud.

whottt
10-16-2004, 01:26 PM
2Pac, Audie Murphy is the most decorated in a single war I believe, and at one point he was the most decorated for many years. But MacArthur passed him posthumously and I think Day has passed him in the 70's or 80's.
I believe the rankings all time are like this:

1.MacArthur
2.Bud Day
3.David Hackworth
4.Audie Murphy
5.Sgt York

SGT York was the most decorated of WWI

Audie Murphy of WWII(Murphy won medals from France as well).

What made Audie Murphy such a bad ass is that at the time his career ended he was only like 19 years old, and he was the most decorated soldier in US history at that time. He was only about 5'9 and weighed about 150 lbs...but growing up in Texas and having to hunt to feed his family gave him skills of stealth and guile that he used well in WWII. Murphy holds the record for killing the most enemy soldiers...York holds the record for capturing the most. We'll never see soldiers like Murphy and York again...just know they were dirt poor country boys lacking higher education and breeding. They were the best America has to offer.

MacArthur is the most decorated of all in multiple wars.

What makes Murphy and York so impressive is that they were essentially decorated because of what they did in 1 war.

Bud Day is the most decorated living and I believe he's got more medals than York and Murphy due to his service in 3 Wars. He's the most decorated living soldier and he's the most decorated since MacArthur...since MacArthur's career ended after Murphy and Yorks...any of these statement could be true.

Hackworth claims to be the most decorated but he doesn't have the CMOH and he got some medals from serving in the merchant marines. Day's resume is much more impressive.

Bud Day is up there with York, Murphy and MacArthur.

What makes him unique is that he served in 2 different branches of the millitary...he fought in the Paciffic Theatre in WWII as a 17 year old Grunt Marine and then he joined the Airforce and spent the rest of his career as an AirForce Officer.

It's hard to find out all the totals because about 15 years ago the millitary stopped keeping track of the most decorated...I've never understood why, but it's much harder to find this info than it used to be.
It was Murphy for a long time...but MacArthur passed him and I'm pretty sure Day has as well. MacArthur's medals were awarded for what he did as a General though...there's a big difference between earning your medals via command VS in combat like Day, York and Murphy.

I'm pretty sure that Murphy is still the most decorated enlisted(even with a battlefield commision, he was an enlisted man), while MacArthur won the bulk of his medals as a General.