PDA

View Full Version : what will spurs have to do to bring it back to S.A next year

navarat
06-21-2006, 01:40 AM
Congratz! to Heat, but it feels like spurs blew their chance to repeat? so what is it that they have to do to get it back next year? Join in.

dknights411
06-21-2006, 01:41 AM
No smallball for starters.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Play the team that got you the best record in the West?

Tek_XX
06-21-2006, 02:20 AM
Yep damn you pop, this could have been a repeat.

We need to play our game and not play the other teams game, but i think pop has probably realized this now.

smdanss
06-21-2006, 07:38 AM
To Pop:

Play the games instead of playing personnel. Coach's job is to work with your players as a team.

Some personnel training or discipline might take place, but not all the way until the season-end play off. If you don't like a player, you may just don't sign new contract for next season, but still need to use the player while we already paid.

If you want to be the King of the team, please be a smart king.
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

velik_m
06-21-2006, 07:50 AM
more smallball!

ambchang
06-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Concentrate on rebounding the ball. That is all.

TDMVPDPOY
06-21-2006, 08:01 AM
pass the ball to duncan, and gfto of the way, this includes our scrub ballhog pg.

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 08:05 AM
To Pop:

Play the games instead of playing personnel. Coach's job is to work with your players as a team.

Some personnel training or discipline might take place, but not all the way until the season-end play off. If you don't like a player, you may just don't sign new contract for next season, but still need to use the player while we already paid.

If you want to be the King of the team, please be a smart king.
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

:lmao

lebomb
06-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Play the SPURS game, not that small ball, flashy, jump shooting crap. We could have beaten the Mavs with our regular lineup of Rasho/Nazi, Tim, Bowen, Parker, Ginobili.

I shouted that shit from my recliner after every loss to the Mavs. :depressed

Hook Dem
06-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Play the SPURS game, not that small ball, flashy, jump shooting crap. We could have beaten the Mavs with our regular lineup of Rasho/Nazi, Tim, Bowen, Parker, Ginobili.

I shouted that shit from my recliner after every loss to the Mavs. :depressed
I'm gonna agree!

SA210
06-21-2006, 09:12 AM
No small ball.

Someone email this to Pop.

samikeyp
06-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Play the team that got you the best record in the West?

exactly.

picnroll
06-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Get a good long three and a backup PG and hope Javtokas is better than Nazr which won't take much.

Bruno
06-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Small ball was the less worst solution against Dallas : Pop wasn't the reason why Spurs lose against Dallas.

We need a PF that can defend on Dirk or Howard, plain and simple.

101A
06-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Small ball was the less worst solution against Dallas : Pop wasn't the reason why Spurs lose against Dallas.

We need a PF that can defend on Dirk or Howard, plain and simple.

Irony = Malik Rose

Bruno
06-21-2006, 10:03 AM
2003's Malik Rose

fixed.

horrorshow
06-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Manu has to grow out his hair again!

Mr. Body
06-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Get more athletic on the bench. Collect more rebounds.

strangeweather
06-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Find a couple of post players besides Tim that can actually play.

Hopefully, also find an athletic small forward with some length and/or a backup point that doesn't suck.

DDS4
06-21-2006, 11:00 AM
I hope Pop took notes.

Refreshing to see Zo block some shots. Brought back memories of how the Spurs used to be.

beirmeistr
06-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Obviously, work on obtaining a reliable, sure-handed, and agile center to complement Duncan. A veteran, pressure-tested pg would be nice, also. But the Spurs, and especially Pop, should have learned a huge lesson from the Miami Heat---play the mavericks very physical---they don't like that type of basketball and they wilt.

the fan
06-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Sacramento exposed us for not being physical. Dallas exposed us for not being quick and athletic. I suppose addressing either of those two shortcomings will help immensely. Can you imagine having another guy who has solid low post moves who can draw double teams besides Duncan? Would it not be great to have another guy as quick (almost as quick) as Parker?

I would like the Spurs to get a Lindsey Hunter type of player as a backup point guard to replace Nick the not-so quick anymore. I would like a Lorenzen Wright type player to replace Nazr.

I hope Robertas can play. Let Marks prove if he belongs in the NBA. It either time to bring Scola over if he can play or trade his rights. I would like to get Iguadola somehow.

Kori Ellis
06-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Get an athletic versatile forward that can rebound and defend.
Get a backup point guard (or decide to give Beno a real chance).
Stay healthy.

beirmeistr
06-21-2006, 12:24 PM
I sometimes wonder just how marks would play if given significant minutes. He is faster than Rasho, and he is bound to have better hands than Nazr. He can shoot and rebound and dunk. Is he weak on defense?--is that the reason he is seldom used?

sa_butta
06-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Play the team that got you the best record in the West?:clap
1.Actually use our Centers
2.Find a decent backup PG

abelle23
06-21-2006, 01:59 PM
no small ball!!

Obstructed_View
06-21-2006, 02:12 PM
:clap
1.Actually use our Centers
2.Find a decent backup PG
Give the decent backup PG that's already on the roster some PT in the regular season?

SAGambler
06-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Either obtain a good back up point guard or bring Beno along.

Bonner should help. Maybe another little tweak or two here and there, and the Spurs should be set to make another run at the title.

Especially if Tim stays off that foot this summer and stays healthy.

Just remember, the Spurs were probably only 1 foul call away from repeating.

I don't see any big drop off next year.

z0sa
06-21-2006, 07:19 PM
one this from repeating, a little more here and we advanced...

if we played twin towers on defense, we'd have stole a game in Dallas and won in 6 or 7. From there I think we could have made the Finals and beat Miami. The Mavericks had no one who could stop Dwyane Wade - we have Bowen.

I think with the exact same lineup next season, we could beat Dallas in 6 if we played with two big men instead of small ball bs. Of course, the fact we are getting an athletic forward who can rebound doesn't hurt things at all. I honestly think Phoenix is going to be our biggest rival next season.

pjjrfan
06-21-2006, 09:23 PM
First and formost they have to stay healthy. I still say Manu and Tony were not a 100%. I saw what Wade did to the Mavs defenders, and let's not forget Manu did that to Denver, Seattle, Phoenix and the Pistons in last years title run. He just couldn't get any lift and finish this year, and Tony wasn't the same guy in the Mav's series, neither one of them could get around anyone on the Mavs teams, and I just don't see that happening if they are both healthy and in game shape.

Rescueone
06-21-2006, 09:39 PM
First and formost they have to stay healthy. I still say Manu and Tony were not a 100%. I saw what Wade did to the Mavs defenders, and let's not forget Manu did that to Denver, Seattle, Phoenix and the Pistons in last years title run. He just couldn't get any lift and finish this year, and Tony wasn't the same guy in the Mav's series, neither one of them could get around anyone on the Mavs teams, and I just don't see that happening if they are both healthy and in game shape.
:tu :tu