PDA

View Full Version : Where are the HEAT placed in history???

lebomb
06-21-2006, 08:12 AM
The Heat aren't the best NBA champions in years. Name a past NBA champion the Heat would beat. Tim Duncan's Spurs? Shaquille O'Neal's Lakers? Michael Jordan's Bulls? This Heat team wouldn't have beaten any of them. Forget Miami's place in history in terms of ability. In those terms Miami doesn't have a place in NBA history, unless it's as the worst NBA champion in years.

June 21, 2006
By Gregg Doyel
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

:wow

They are still the best this year though. Congratulations MIAMI. :king

Spurminator
06-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Columns like this piss me off, and I don't even like the Heat.

Just because you didn't pick them and you're surprised that they won doesn't make them the worst Champions ever. We heard the same bullshit about the Spurs, the Pistons and the Rockets.

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Like it or not, the Mavs were the Best team in the West, and the Favorites to win the series.

The Fact the Heat beat them makes them Champions. The fact they came back being down almost 3-0, is even more incredible.

The fact they did it with Title Kryptonite (Walker and Payton), just proves they are the Best.

samikeyp
06-21-2006, 09:12 AM
It puts them above all those teams that have never won anything.

Mr. Body
06-21-2006, 10:32 AM
True, they are one of the weakest champions. Good on them for winning, but they won't scare anybody next year.

caŽlo
06-21-2006, 10:35 AM
they are the 06 NBA CHAMPS.

thats where they are placed.

atxrocker
06-21-2006, 10:35 AM
True, they are one of the weakest champions. Good on them for winning, but they won't scare anybody next year.

dwayne wade should scare everybody in the league

boutons_
06-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Like the Spurs, Heat are one of the few teams to win the Title on their first trip to the Finals, but they haven't been a perennial, dues-paying playoff team they way the Spurs were.

degenerate_gambler
06-21-2006, 10:46 AM
I'd have to lump them in with the Portland's, Seattle's and Washington's....all one and done's.

DDS4
06-21-2006, 10:49 AM
It seems like stupid articles like this come out every year.

The Heat are champs. That means they were the best for this year. Nuff said.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Their place in history? 2006 NBA Champions...

NCaliSpurs
06-21-2006, 10:56 AM
The Heat played great defense, rebounded well, and made clutch baskets. I am not sure how this qualifies them as the worst champion ever. I think people think more about mid-season Heat, when they were faltering and not getting along.

But honestly?

Who wasn't a little intimitidated by the idea of new additions Jason Williams, James Posey, and Antoine Walker somehow coming together and clicking with a Heat team that would probably have beaten Detroit LAST YEAR if not for Wade's injuries.

Bravo Heat.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-21-2006, 01:41 PM
real question is where does the mavs fit into history? dallas mavericks 2006 squad fits perfectly in the books as the biggest choke since 69 & 77!

ChumpDumper
06-21-2006, 02:51 PM
WTF is with you people?

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
The Heat aren't the best NBA champions in years. Name a past NBA champion the Heat would beat. Tim Duncan's Spurs? Shaquille O'Neal's Lakers? Michael Jordan's Bulls? This Heat team wouldn't have beaten any of them. Forget Miami's place in history in terms of ability. In those terms Miami doesn't have a place in NBA history, unless it's as the worst NBA champion in years.

June 21, 2006
By Gregg Doyel
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Unfortunately for the national readership, Doyel is now thrust upon the big stage, being promoted from a regional NCAA basketball writer, to national writer...

All this just months after he slammed Arizona by sarcastically mocking a tribute patch they wore in rememberence of a woman's basketball player who had died unexpectedly.

He mocked, then, and only when caught, apologized to those "he offended". Sportsline got so much flack, they sent him on his merry way... straight up the ranks to a raise.

baffles me to this day that a writer can intentionally poke fun at the memory of a player who died on the court, then get promoted mere months later.

Fuck Gregg Doyel, assclown extraordinaire...