PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Heat have a chance to even make it back....

davi78239
06-21-2006, 08:12 AM
to the finals next year?

rayray2k8
06-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Post this in the NBA forum!

SA210
06-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Probably so, because Flip Saunders sux.

bulletedge
06-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Nope.

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 09:36 AM
I say Heat have a better lock in the East then any team in the West at this point...

West still has the tougher time to get to the Finals: Suns, Spurs, Mavs, Kings, Rockets....

bulletedge
06-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Shaq=one year older and slower. I really think his level of play is going to fall of the cliff. That's why I don't think they'll be back.

I think Cleveland has a great chance of making it out of the East. LeBron gets the Wade-type calls and can single handed take over a game like Wade. I think Detroit has seen its best days for a while. They just seem like a team in a slow tailspin...plus, they don't have the offense necessary to succeed the way NBA ball is now being played.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-21-2006, 09:56 AM
It will be tougher, but they certainly have as good a chance as anyone. My reason for picking against them this year was that I figured that Shaq's game would decline quicker than Wade's would develop and that clearly wasn't the case in the playoffs. They are probably going to lose a couple of guys to retirement but any team with a player like Wade can get to the finals.

dbestpro
06-21-2006, 09:59 AM
No way. It was just a situation where everything fell in place for the Heat. In fact, I would say the quality of basketball went down with the conference finals and the finals. I don't think that will happen two years in a row. In fact the way the playoffs wen down makes you feel for the first time in twenty years that any playoff team might have a chance.

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Shaq=one year older and slower. I really think his level of play is going to fall of the cliff. That's why I don't think they'll be back.

I think Cleveland has a great chance of making it out of the East. LeBron gets the Wade-type calls and can single handed take over a game like Wade. I think Detroit has seen its best days for a while. They just seem like a team in a slow tailspin...plus, they don't have the offense necessary to succeed the way NBA ball is now being played.

Wade vs Lebron? That will be fun to watch... (crosses fingers for Cavs/Heat ECF)

fraga
06-21-2006, 10:08 AM
No...

Pistons < Spurs
06-21-2006, 10:13 AM
(crosses fingers for Cavs/Heat ECF)
:madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

Trainwreck2100
06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
:madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

You dont have Wallace yet, and you still have Flip, it's gonna be tough.

Pistons < Spurs
06-21-2006, 10:22 AM
People really shouldn't doubt the Pistons.

But thats ok. They prefer it when they're the underdog. They thrive when people doubt them.

And Flip was the least of the resons for the teams meltdwon in the playoffs. Blaming him and not putting the personal accountability on the players poor lack of effort is ludicrus. Ben Wallace whining and lying about defensive practices. Overall team arrogance, the belief of flipping the switch, is what really got us.

Trainwreck2100
06-21-2006, 10:23 AM
People really shouldn't doubt the Pistons.

But thats ok. They prefer it when they're the underdog. They thrive when people doubt them.

And Flip was the least of the resons for the teams meltdwon in the playoffs. Blaming him and not putting the personal accountability on the players poor lack of effort is ludicrus. Ben Wallace whining and lying about defensive practices. Overall team arrogance, the belief of flipping the switch, is what really got us.

Flip is a choker, it was osmosed into his skin thanks to all those years with KG.

atxrocker
06-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I say Heat have a better lock in the East then any team in the West at this point...

West still has the tougher time to get to the Finals: Suns, Spurs, Mavs, Kings, Rockets....

you lost me at rockets..

leemajors
06-21-2006, 10:37 AM
you lost me at rockets..

they only need a couple of players to be right back up in it. assuming mcgrady stays healthy.

atxrocker
06-21-2006, 10:51 AM
they only need a couple of players to be right back up in it. assuming mcgrady stays healthy.

well i agree that a healthy tmac and consistent yao are dangerous but with so many potent lineups in the west i dont see houston being a legit threat.. that said i am a huge tmac fan and would actually like to see them advance further than the other two texas teams

Pistons < Spurs
06-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Will the Heat repeat?

Jim O'Brien, ESPN Insider: The Heat will not repeat next year. In my estimation, the Spurs and Pistons are the two best teams. They both got beat and will be totally refocused on winning back the trophy. They each have players that can do decent jobs guarding Wade, and O'Neal will be a year older.

Marc Stein, ESPN.com: Sorry. Ask me in July or August after I've seen how Detroit, San Antonio and the other top contenders respond to the most unpredictable playoffs I can remember. I also want to see what the Heat do to keep the cast around Wade and Shaq fresh and whether Riley stays on as coach. Most of all, I want to see how Amare Stoudemire looks. Look how far Phoenix got without him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2493982

beirmeistr
06-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Talking only about the East, the heat have a chance, but not a good chance. Wade is the best, no doubt about that. But Shaq will be 35, Zo 38 or 39, payton also 38 or 39. And they will not have the hunger they had this year. I still have a lot of respect for the Pistons. I think the Pistons will learn a lesson in humility (they were somewhat arrogant this season) and will refocus again next season. All bets are off if Ben Wallace bolts for another team.

atxrocker
06-21-2006, 12:57 PM
i think another interesting question is whether or not the mavs window has closed and if they can battle through another season and reach the finals. i would have to say their window has closed. they are mentally weak and it showed.

samikeyp
06-21-2006, 01:02 PM
yes.

J.T.
06-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Heat will make it back to the Finals but we will crash their repeat party.

Texas_Ranger
06-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Heat will make it back to the Finals but we will crash their repeat party.

:tu :tu

Bob Lanier
06-21-2006, 01:31 PM
With Flip in Detroit? Unless the Nets or Bulls make a major upgrade, yes. The Cavs are a bad team that's not going anywhere for a while.

abelle23
06-21-2006, 01:53 PM
sure anythings possible...didnt think theyll win it this year but they did...but i dont want them to...spurs in 07!!!!

jman3000
06-21-2006, 02:32 PM
The revamped playoff format should ensure that the 2 best teams are fighting in the WCF/ECF so I would say it's gonna be SA/Phoenix and Detroit/Miami. SA/Detroit again for the finals. 2005 part deux.

awmyplace
06-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Nope.

Lol!