PDA

View Full Version : Wade is Officially an NBA Poster Boy (video clips from game 6)

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 09:18 AM
First, I just have to state that in no way do I blame the Mavs losses in this series on the officiating. They stepped on their own dicks in so many ways it's not even funny...

But game 6 proved that Wade has surpassed the "Super Star" level and is now a "Poster Boy" (which in my opinion means that he gets the same calls on the road that he gets at home). The rest of the league should take notice....

This page has 5 video clips from game 6... (it's not my blog)

http://www.ericfolkerth.com//B1082610743/C1360270701/E20060621011743/index.html

All you REALLY need to watch is this one...
http://www.ericfolkerth.com/phantomfoul1.mov

How can NBA referees REALLY fall for garbage like that? Seeing Wade do that really makes me lose respect for him...he's too good for that. That's the definition of taking a dive...World Cup style!!

The charge on Harris was obvious but I blew that off when I felt that Dirk got a similar call later on.

The only other call I had a REAL problem during the game was the late (less than a minute left) blocking call on Dirk when Wade plowed into him and stuck a forearm into his chest... (video #5)

Like I said...not speaking as a pissed off Mavs fan, but a fan of the NBA...everybody should take notice that Wade has reached a new level of play AND respect from the officials. Thoughts??

I'm already looking forward for the '06-'07 season...should be insane.

GO COWBOYS GO!! :fro

ducks
06-21-2006, 09:23 AM
I could do that for foul calls against the heat
your point?

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 09:25 AM
I'll probably get called out by fellow Spurs fans, but I agree that call on Dirk was bad. That said, Wade missed two FTs later, and Mavs still had chances to win.

Bottom line, the refs did not decide this game, and if Dirk went aggressive to the hoop, he would have gotten more calls.

I just hope the Spurs can adapt to the new way the NBA calls fouls: you can't touch someone driving to the basket. Period.

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 09:27 AM
I could do that for foul calls against the heat
your point?

I'm pretty sure I had a point...clearly stated. What is yours exactly?

I'll probably get called out by fellow Spurs fans, but I agree that call on Dirk was bad. That said, Wade missed two FTs later, and Mavs still had chances to win.

Bottom line, the refs did not decide this game, and if Dirk went aggressive to the hoop, he would have gotten more calls.

I just hope the Spurs can adapt to the new way the NBA calls fouls: you can't touch someone driving to the basket. Period.

What about video #1?? :lol

ducks
06-21-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm pretty sure I had a point...clearly stated. What is yours exactly?

What about video #1?? :lol

there are bad calls for both teams

mavs blew a big lead in game 6
should never came down to the last 2 minutes

howard and terry could not buy a shot
they melted under the pressure

their lack of being in the finals hurt them they did not know how to act from the owner all the way down to the 12 man

DarrinS
06-21-2006, 09:33 AM
If only I had a microscope, I could see what your talking about. Those videos are freakin tiny.

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 09:35 AM
there are bad calls for both teams

mavs blew a big lead in game 6
should never came down to the last 2 minutes

howard and terry could not buy a shot
they melted under the pressure

their lack of being in the finals hurt them they did not know how to act from the owner all the way down to the 12 man

I agree with all of that...but it has nothing to do with my post... :drunk

If only I had a microscope, I could see what your talking about. Those videos are freakin tiny.

So you can't see Wade take a HUGE dive in this video?

ducks
06-21-2006, 09:36 AM
I have seen dirk dive more then wade

DarrinS
06-21-2006, 09:37 AM

Maybe my screen resolution is too high, but that video takes up like a 2-inch square on my screen. I might as well be watching footage of the Kennedy assassination.

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 09:40 AM

Part of the Game, sad to say. Kobe, AI, Manu, and Wade are all experts at "drawing" fouls, by acting like there's contact when there is none, or the contact is greater than it actually is.

I'm sure there are some Mavs that are good at this as well...

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Maybe my screen resolution is too high, but that video takes up like a 2-inch square on my screen. I might as well be watching footage of the Kennedy assassination.

ok...now try looking at it without your Mavs hating glasses on. It's the same size on my screen, but it's clear as day...

Part of the Game, sad to say. Kobe, AI, Manu, and Wade are all experts at "drawing" fouls, by acting like there's contact when there is none, or the contact is greater than it actually is.

What Wade did in video #1 is NOT part of the game...it's garbage and between 3 refs, one of them has to call him out on it!!

infinite styles
06-21-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that while a lot of Mavs fans say that they don't blame the refs for the losses, deep in their heart they really do. I mean why else are we getting all these posts about "look how Wade flops" or "that foul on Dirk was bogus, BUT, I do not blame the refs." Dirk gets as many phantom calls as Wade does and he would have probably been at the line as much as Wade if he would have drove to the basket. Wade plays hard and scores hard and refs tend to give players like that the benefit of the doubt. Why do you think that Kevin Garnett, with all his star status and freakish ability, barely goes to the line during the game, because he's not an inside player like Wade or even Iverson.
My point is if you don't blame the refs then stop mentioning them. Dirk did himself in last night and Wade did what most players in the "New" NBA should do...Take it to the hole and draw the foul. Wade is no more of a poster boy then he is a smart player.

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that while a lot of Mavs fans say that they don't blame the refs for the losses, deep in their heart they really do. I mean why else are we getting all these posts about "look how Wade flops" or "that foul on Dirk was bogus, BUT, I do not blame the refs." Dirk gets as many phantom calls as Wade does and he would have probably been at the line as much as Wade if he would have drove to the basket. Wade plays hard and scores hard and refs tend to give players like that the benefit of the doubt. Why do you think that Kevin Garnett, with all his star status and freakish ability, barely goes to the line during the game, because he's not an inside player like Wade or even Iverson.
My point is if you don't blame the refs then stop mentioning them. Dirk did himself in last night and Wade did what most players in the "New" NBA should do...Take it to the hole and draw the foul. Wade is no more of a poster boy then he is a smart player.

No really...I don't blame the refs. Feel free to pull up my posts from the last 4 losses...

I have no problem with stars getting the benefit of the doubt on close calls...Dirk, Duncan, Wade, LeBron, Kobe, etc...they all get them. It just seems that Wade has gone to a new level now...

Video #1 is NOT "taking it to the hole and drawing a foul"...it's garbage and there's no way NBA ref's should miss things like that...

ducks
06-21-2006, 09:55 AM
there was no way that foul on bowen should have been called and dirk got those 2 free throws either
dude get over it

ducks
06-21-2006, 09:56 AM
by the way watching it 4 times in slow motion is not the same thing seeing it was in fast motion

NoMoneyDown
06-21-2006, 09:58 AM
I think it's funny that the guy's blog summarizes the videos by showing what the score WOULD have been. He totally ignores the fact that Dallas missed a handful of open shots in the last few minutes that would have won them the game.

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 10:00 AM
there was no way that foul on bowen should have been called and dirk got those 2 free throws either
dude get over it

Get over what? Can you read??? What does Bowen have to do with my post?

by the way watching it 4 times in slow motion is not the same thing seeing it was in fast motion

4 out of 5 of those calls I noticed in real time...especially video #1, #2, and #5. It's got nothing to do with replays...

You've completely missed the point here, but I halfway expected that to happen...

I think it's funny that the guy's blog summarizes the videos by showing what the score WOULD have been. He totally ignores the fact that Dallas missed a handful of open shots in the last few minutes that would have won them the game.

The way he adjusted the score was lame...

The only value to his blog is the videos...

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-21-2006, 10:06 AM
I could do the same thing with all the bullshit foul calls Dirk got against the Spurs.

Point being? Shut up and get over it.

Look, Dirk fouled Wade. He shoved his forearm into Wade. He got caught flat footed. Sucks to be Dirk, move your feet next time.

And as for last night. How many offensive foul calls did the Mavs draw from Javie's whistle? I don't see you complaining about those. There was at least 5-6 flops by Mavs defenders where Javie whistled the quickest charge call I've ever seen on Mavs players.

You also had Eddie Rush trying to bail you guys out the last 20 seconds with the double dribble call on Haslem when he got bumped and then the last foul call to send Dirk to the line.

Don't see you crying there either.

Here's what's sad Leonard. The last three days you tried to come off all objective and impartial about the officiating, calling out your fellow Mavs fans for whining about the officiating.

And now that your boys got owned at home, you've shown your true colors of being yet another typical whiny, bitchy, little Mavs fan on this site.

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 10:09 AM
I could do the same thing with all the bullshit foul calls Dirk got against the Spurs.

Point being? Shut up and get over it.

Look, Dirk fouled Wade. He shoved his forearm into Wade. He got caught flat footed. Sucks to be Dirk, move your feet next time.

And as for last night. How many offensive foul calls did the Mavs draw from Javie's whistle? I don't see you complaining about those. There was at least 5-6 flops by Mavs defenders where Javie whistled the quickest charge call I've ever seen on Mavs players.

You also had Eddie Rush trying to bail you guys out the last 20 seconds with the double dribble call on Haslem when he got bumped and then the last foul call to send Dirk to the line.

Don't see you crying there either.

Here's what's sad Leonard. The last three days you tried to come off all objective and impartial about the officiating, calling out your fellow Mavs fans for whining about the officiating.

And now that your boys got owned at home, you've shown your true colors of being yet another typical whiny, bitchy, little Mavs fan on this site.

Wow...

You're so far off in so many ways I'm not going to waste my time...

infinite styles
06-21-2006, 10:15 AM
LEONARD, I understand that your point of this thread is to show how Wade has surpassed the superstar status to another level, but reviewing calls that he got isn't going to help. To be honest players from the bottom of the chain to the top get calls from time to time. Wade just made it easy for the refs throughout the series by continuing to attack and create for himself. I'm not going to lie but some of those videos do show phantom calls but you gotta admit that the Mavs players didn't help the situation by putting themselves in position to be called for the foul. The 1st video is a phantom call but I'm going to quote Hubie for a change here "Its all about the angle of the referee on the play."

Refs have sucked since they were invented and the reason why is because they are human and also because they are in charge of judging what other humans do. The only thing that puts Wade into the next level is the fact that he doesn't seem to get tired and attacks the basket constantly. He puts defenders in bad situations and gets the refs on his side by doing so.

Slinkyman
06-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Dirk fouled Wade in that last vid, his left arm is clearly reaching in no doubt about it.

doesn't matter though bad calls go both ways and the refs gave Dallas a couple shots at the end they shouldn't have had. The lose ball foul on daniels and the traveling call were both questionable.

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 10:24 AM
LEONARD, I understand that your point of this thread is to show how Wade has surpassed the superstar status to another level, but reviewing calls that he got isn't going to help. To be honest players from the bottom of the chain to the top get calls from time to time. Wade just made it easy for the refs throughout the series by continuing to attack and create for himself. I'm not going to lie but some of those videos do show phantom calls but you gotta admit that the Mavs players didn't help the situation by putting themselves in position to be called for the foul. The 1st video is a phantom call but I'm going to quote Hubie for a change here "Its all about the angle of the referee on the play."

Refs have sucked since they were invented and the reason why is because they are human and also because they are in charge of judging what other humans do. The only thing that puts Wade into the next level is the fact that he doesn't seem to get tired and attacks the basket constantly. He puts defenders in bad situations and gets the refs on his side by doing so.

Wade is a stud...no question. He single-handedly caused the Mavs to crumble. He took control of the series...

The Mavs stepped on their dicks. :lol

All of that is FACT...but isn't why I started this thread.

TheSanityAnnex
06-21-2006, 10:30 AM
LEONARD-

Thanks for the videos. And no, I don't think you are complaining about the refs, but just showing us the treatment Wade will start to recieve. The players will have to take note of this and adjust. The one video you pointed out is awful. How does that get called?

And to all the Spurs fans that tell LEONARD to get over it :lmao. You tell him to get over it yet mention phantom calls on Bowen.

And to Ducks.............it seems the Spurs/Mavs series will forever haunt you.

infinite styles
06-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Wade is a stud...no question. He single-handedly caused the Mavs to crumble. He took control of the series...

The Mavs stepped on their dicks. :lol

All of that is FACT...but isn't why I started this thread.

So if its not to show how Wade is a stud and not to show that refs suck then what is it about?

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 10:44 AM
So if its not to show how Wade is a stud and not to show that refs suck then what is it about?

We already knew that Wade is a stud...

and we already knew that the refs will always suck in the eyes of one side after ANY game...

The intent is to show the treatment that Wade is now getting and see how it continues next year...he's moved to the top level of the NBA as far as getting respect from the officials goes. Nothing more, nothing less...

I'm ready for some football :fro

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 01:13 PM
We already knew that Wade is a stud...

and we already knew that the refs will always suck in the eyes of one side after ANY game...

The intent is to show the treatment that Wade is now getting and see how it continues next year...he's moved to the top level of the NBA as far as getting respect from the officials goes. Nothing more, nothing less...

I'm ready for some football :fro

Leonard, do you think if Dirk has been more agressive, he'd be getting similar treatment?

To my biased eyes, it seemed that way in San Antonio...

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Leonard, do you think if Dirk has been more agressive, he'd be getting similar treatment?

To my biased eyes, it seemed that way in San Antonio...

If he was more aggressive he would've went to the line more...absolutely. As a team, they fucked up. They launched 3 straight 3's while in the bonus with Shaq and Zo on the bench in the 4th quarter...

"Similar treatment" to video #1? Highly doubtful...Dirk's not to that level yet...and may never be...

kalikot_boy_kr
06-21-2006, 01:23 PM
fucky leonard!! shut up! ur not a cowboy! ur a dogboy!!1 lol!!! ashame on u!! hahhaha

kalikot_boy_kr
06-21-2006, 01:23 PM
its just a sucking time for the heat!!! mavs priceless hahahhahha1

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Wow...

You're so far off in so many ways I'm not going to waste my time...

Yeah, when you're lecturing the world about superstar conspiracies to accomodate Dwyane Wade, you really don't have any room to talk there conspiracy boy.

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah, when you're lecturing the world about superstar conspiracies to accomodate Dwyane Wade, you really don't have any room to talk there conspiracy boy.

Where did I say anything about a "conspiracy?" I stated that Wade has reached a new level in the eyes of officials to go along with his high level of play...

Wow... :lol

fucky leonard!! shut up! ur not a cowboy! ur a dogboy!!1 lol!!! ashame on u!! hahhaha

http://www.manningkrull.com/lj/jules.jpg

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 02:47 PM
ashame on all the mavs...

They are dog boys all.

(man, It's just not as funny when I do it)

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Wade's "level of respect" in the eyes of the officials isn't anything different than where Dirk's at.

The only difference between the two is that Wade attacked the rim every night while Dirk turned into a jump shooting prima donna.

1Parker1
06-21-2006, 02:54 PM

:tu Seems however that Wade does this the most...or at least is the most obvious at it. 80% of his FT's I think come from him initiating the contact first or "exagerating" whatever little contact there was. He's the most pro at it IMO of all the players in the NBA today. Not to say he isn't a great player or isn't clutch, however, like someone else said the other day, "Wade is a superstar made unstoppable by the referees" I really wish the NBA would re-evaluate some of these new rules...it's making the game that much more tedious and boring to watch. :depressed

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 03:01 PM
ashame on all the mavs...

They are dog boys all.

(man, It's just not as funny when I do it)

:lol

Wade's "level of respect" in the eyes of the officials isn't anything different than where Dirk's at.

The only difference between the two is that Wade attacked the rim every night while Dirk turned into a jump shooting prima donna.

Dirk is respected, but I think Wade has gone a level or 2 beyond where he's at....

I completely agree that Dirk didn't attack like he should've (he did some early, but settled on long shots late in the game)...

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 03:01 PM
:tu Seems however that Wade does this the most...or at least is the most obvious at it. 80% of his FT's I think come from him initiating the contact first or "exagerating" whatever little contact there was. He's the most pro at it IMO of all the players in the NBA today. Not to say he isn't a great player or isn't clutch, however, like someone else said the other day, "Wade is a superstar made unstoppable by the referees" I really wish the NBA would re-evaluate some of these new rules...it's making the game that much more tedious and boring to watch. :depressed

At least a couple people have noticed...

:fro

1Parker1
06-21-2006, 03:03 PM

I don't think Leonard is bitching about the officiating or negating that DWade is a great player. I think he's pointing out how the new NBA rules are changing the face of the game. Offensive players can now easily initiate contact with the defender, with the defender getting called for the foul. Players driving/slashing to the basket now more then ever get a foul call on them 8 times out of 10. Finally, more and more ticky tack fouls are being called by officials and also many questionable calls (on both sides) that affect outcomes of games. These new rules seem to make it harder for defenders to play defense! Case in point, that foul by Bruce on Dirk at the end of Game 4...3 years ago, you think that foul would have been called?

He makes a valid point in that this is going to greatly affect the NBA as time goes on. There's more pressure on the defender now more than ever.

1Parker1
06-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Dirk is respected, but I think Wade has gone a level or 2 beyond where he's at....

:lol I wouldn't say that. Dirk was at "Wade's" level during the SA series for sure. But that's all water under the bridge now :angel

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't think Leonard is bitching about the officiating or negating that DWade is a great player. I think he's pointing out how the new NBA rules are changing the face of the game. Offensive players can now easily initiate contact with the defender, with the defender getting called for the foul. Players driving/slashing to the basket now more then ever get a foul call on them 8 times out of 10. Finally, more and more ticky tack fouls are being called by officials and also many questionable calls (on both sides) that affect outcomes of games. These new rules seem to make it harder for defenders to play defense! Case in point, that foul by Bruce on Dirk at the end of Game 4...3 years ago, you think that foul would have been called?

He makes a valid point in that this is going to greatly affect the NBA as time goes on. There's more pressure on the defender now more than ever.

Careful...you could be IP banned for agreeing with me... :lol

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 03:07 PM
:lol I wouldn't say that. Dirk was at "Wade's" level during the SA series for sure. But that's all water under the bridge now :angel

Dirk wasn't getting obvious "phantom fouls"...ie, ZERO contact...but he got a lot of calls. He was also more aggressive in that series than in the Heat series...the elbow to the heat from Shaq was probably the reason...

1Parker1
06-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Dirk wasn't getting obvious "phantom fouls"...ie, ZERO contact...but he got a lot of calls. He was also more aggressive in that series than in the Heat series...the elbow to the heat from Shaq was probably the reason...

He had some phantom calls there...just like Wade did, you don't see them because you're a Mavs fan which is understandable. Wade also gets a lot of calls because he's aggressive...and it was partially Dirk's fault that you lost and didn't match the FT production of Wade. If Dirk had done the same exact thing that Wade was doing at the other end, he would have gotten those foul calls too...which just makes the game that much more boring to watch as players trade FT's.

ChumpDumper
06-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Et tu, LEONARD?

I'm disappointed.

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 03:30 PM
He had some phantom calls there...just like Wade did, you don't see them because you're a Mavs fan which is understandable. Wade also gets a lot of calls because he's aggressive...and it was partially Dirk's fault that you lost and didn't match the FT production of Wade. If Dirk had done the same exact thing that Wade was doing at the other end, he would have gotten those foul calls too...which just makes the game that much more boring to watch as players trade FT's.

I've never seen Dirk get anything like video #1 ;)

There was a SIGNIFICANT difference in FT's per game in the Spurs series between home and road games. For Dirk and Duncan...both were around 15-16 per game at home and 8-9 on the road. It seemed like Wade got more borderline calls last night than he did in Miami in game 5...

Et tu, LEONARD?

I'm disappointed.

Did you even read this thread?

ChumpDumper
06-21-2006, 03:33 PM
I read the first post.

And was disappointed.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Poor Mavs. Dirk was taking dives all series like that, too bad he's not nearly as good at flopping as Wade is, or maybe he would've gotten some of those calls too.

BTW, where's all the crying about Danny Crawford? I'm so dissappointed in you Mavs fans. Crawford's one of the very few refs that has the balls to call a fair game in AAC and I haven't seen much bitching about it yet. Hop to it!

bulletedge
06-21-2006, 04:03 PM
All of this is just yesterday's news. We all saw the game. We see it through different eyes depending on who we root for.

And there is nothing that anyone is going to post on this forum that is going to change the mind of any Spurs or Mavs fan.

Miami won and they deserve the championship.

Everything else is just excuses or smack.

Shank
06-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Didn't Dallas have more points in the paint than Miami? How is that being less aggessive?