PDA

View Full Version : woohoo!

dougp
06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Looks like I might be coming home ... Just got a call from Rackspace after putting my resume in a day or two ago in regards to a support position they have. If ya don't know, I work for JPMorganChase as a Help Desk Analyst, but we've been having layoffs/people quitting for the past few months, and everytime someone does, they send the job to Bangalore - and I don't want that to happen to me!

So, hopefully I'll be getting a call back to setup my appointment for an interview, and be back there soon!

:elephant :fro :elephant :fro :elephant :fro :elephant :fro :elephant :fro :elephant

katyon6th
06-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Congrats and good luck!

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Congrats Doug! Although this means that the Houston Spurs fan base is thinning. I had no idea you worked at Chase though. I've got a few friends that work there. Do you know anyone named Joe, Neil, or Ainsley that work there? I know the odds are pretty small and there's probably a ton of departments and shit, but it's worth asking.

Carie
06-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Congratulations! I've got everything crossed for you :)

dougp
06-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Congrats Doug! Although this means that the Houston Spurs fan base is thinning. I had no idea you worked at Chase though. I've got a few friends that work there. Do you know anyone named Joe, Neil, or Ainsley that work there? I know the odds are pretty small and there's probably a ton of departments and shit, but it's worth asking.
Thanks - Don't know any of em though, but there's a lot of people that work at this place! Yah, does suck that the fan base will be going thin, but hey ... I'll always come back next season for the games here when they decide to do a road trip!

angel_luv
06-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Well done Doug! Best wishes for continued success

Congrats Doug! Although this means that the Houston Spurs fan base is thinning.

Abandon ship! You guys move here too. :)

Taco
06-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Looks like I might be coming home ... Just got a call from Rackspace after putting my resume in a day or two ago in regards to a support position they have.

Good Luck

But Beware

Rackspace = http://www.airport-technology.com/contractor_images/tomsed/tomsed_4.jpg

samikeyp
06-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Congrats dude!

dougp
06-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Good Luck

But Beware

Rackspace = http://www.airport-technology.com/contractor_images/tomsed/tomsed_4.jpg
So is the helpdesk at JPMC :depressed Each of our sites has lost over 100 people since Jan1, and we have 3 sites in the US.

Silver21_Black20
06-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Congrats and Good luck Doug!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Abandon ship! You guys move here too. :)

Abandon ship isn't too far off base. If we have many more weeks like this past one Houston's going to float away. Liz and I will be on the first plane home if you can line us up with jobs that pay as well as our current ones without requiring us to do any actual work.

PakiDan
06-21-2006, 06:29 PM

I'm moving to Houston - I will replace Doug as a Spurs fan in Htown.

dougp
06-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Ok well, I went through my interview - I don't get why he asked me a bunch of Tier3 support questions, because I'm essentially going for a Tier 1 Windows System Administrator position. I got about half the questions right, but I'm a bit worried .... I asked how I did and he said, "Ok, not great." There's supposed to be a few positions open for what I'm going for and I should hear something within the next week. *crosses fingers*

dougp
06-23-2006, 02:59 PM
More updates ... Interview next week in San Antonio, wewt!

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Rock and roll! I've come to the conclusion that while it's a shame to lose a good Spurs fan here in Houston it's really just one more who can plan and put on the parade to welcome Liz and I back when we get a chance to move back home.

Best of luck with the interview. My advice is to show up as poorly dressed and smelly as possible so that they think you are homeless and will give you the job out of pity. I'm sure that you are perfectly qualified and can get the job on your own merits, but it's always good to have an ace in the hole.