PDA

View Full Version : Some Mavs fan were Arrested

Trainwreck2100
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Disappointed Mavericks fans look for blame

By SONIA MOGHE, Associated Press Writer
June 21, 2006

DALLAS (AP) -- Brooding Dallas Mavericks fans looked for reasons why their team failed to win its first NBA title after taking a 2-0 lead over the Miami Heat.

The Heat's 95-92 victory Tuesday night gave Miami its NBA first championship, a 4-2 win they celebrated on the Mavericks' court.

"I paid $1,200 for these tickets, and we did not win," said Ashleigh Adams of Arlington, among dejected fans who streamed out of the American Airlines Center and made plans to drown their sorrows.

"We got the coach. We got the team. We wanted it all this year, though," said Korby Keene. "The Heat aren't that good. The refs gave them the game."

Three people, all Mavericks fans, were arrested on misdemeanor assault charges, and one was treated at the scene after a fight in the arena parking lot. Police said tension from the game contributed to the incident.

Fan criticism of the referees followed the example provided by the Dallas owner.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was fined $250,000 on Tuesday for his outbursts following Game 5 of the NBA finals, and commissioner David Stern said he was becoming weary of off-court antics drawing attention from the series.

Cuban was cited for "several acts of misconduct" committed after Dallas lost 101-100 in overtime to the Heat in Miami on Sunday night. The infractions included Cuban going onto the floor to complain directly to official Joe DeRosa, screaming toward Stern and a group of league officials.

Stern was booed loudly by the fans that remained in the stands during the postgame trophy presentation on Tuesday night.

"If we believe that the last great conspiracy theory in Dallas was JFK's death, the second greatest conspiracy theory was that David Stern wanted the Miami Heat to win the championship," said fan George Graffy, 41.

"I'm bummed, I'm going to go drink heavily. It will not be a good night," said James Jones, 50, who sported a suit, tie and a blue mohawk for the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Alt6ZeRU3ZxThEMOKSir.Sy8vLYF?slug=ap-nbafinals-mavericksfans&prov=ap&type=lgns

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Fuck Dallas And Their Bitchass Fans!

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 10:25 AM
That's never happened in any other city I'm sure... ;)

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-21-2006, 10:26 AM

LOSER....

TheSanityAnnex
06-21-2006, 10:32 AM
yawn

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 10:45 AM
LOSER....

Crafty... :lol

Amare_32
06-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Does this mean we won't get to see the image of Cuban wearing a speedo in the parade that was planned for? :lmao
________
Host and design (http://hostndesign.com)
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

bulletedge
06-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Does this mean we won't get to see the image of Cuban wearing a speedo in the parade that was planned for? :lmao

No dude, didn't you hear. Cuban is still having the parade just to piss off Stern. And on his float he plans to burn some NBA refs in effigy.

Meanwhile our Mayor, Laura Miller, is questioning why we didn't go ahead with the parade after game 2.

Random thought- Can you imagine ANY female wanting to have sex with either Cuban OR Stern? The mind boggles.

atxrocker
06-21-2006, 10:54 AM
this does not surprise me at all. the mavs organization is classless from top to bottum.

Amare_32
06-21-2006, 11:00 AM
No dude, didn't you hear. Cuban is still having the parade just to piss off Stern. And on his float he plans to burn some NBA refs in effigy.

Meanwhile our Mayor, Laura Miller, is questioning why we didn't go ahead with the parade after game 2.

Random thought- Can you imagine ANY female wanting to have sex with either Cuban OR Stern? The mind boggles.

For real? Man people can say things about Cuban, but is funny to watch him getting on Stern's nerves. :smokin
________
Star Craft Replays (http://screplays.com/)
________
HOTANDHAIRY cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/HOTANDHAIRY)

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 11:10 AM
this does not surprise me at all. the mavs organization is classless from top to bottum.

Again, so there's never been a few fights after games in other cities? Come on... :lol

For real? Man people can say things about Cuban, but is funny to watch him getting on Stern's nerves. :smokin

That's the genius of Cuban...you just have to laugh at him and be glad he loves spending his money on your team :lol

Amare_32
06-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Again, so there's never been a few fights after games in other cities? Come on... :lol

That's the genius of Cuban...you just have to laugh at him and be glad he loves spending his money on your team :lol

Honestly I wish more owners were like him. Some owners probably don't even know who is on the team roster. Like the Knicks owner. :lol
________
HOW TO ROLL JOINTS (http://howtorollajoint.net/)
________
PureHeaven cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/PureHeaven)

ALVAREZ6
06-21-2006, 11:19 AM
:lmao @ the complaing about the refs....

Where the fuck were these bitch ass chodes during the 2nd round of the playoffs?????? I'll tell you, that series was 10X worse.

:flipoff everything that is Dallas

Jdspur20
06-21-2006, 11:26 AM
yup, up here in Dallas, this was supposed to be the summer to remember. the mavs winning the finals, the stars winning the stanley cup, and the area football team desperadoes winning the AFL superbowl. looks like Dallas needs to learn to plan there parades after they win the finals.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-21-2006, 11:29 AM
yup, up here in Dallas, this was supposed to be the summer to remember. the mavs winning the finals, the stars winning the stanley cup, and the area football team desperadoes winning the AFL superbowl. looks like Dallas needs to learn to plan there parades after they win the finals.

Here's to the Phallas Crackwagon at least being 0-1 once football season starts.
Go Jags!
Fuck the Cowboys!
:flipoff

samikeyp
06-21-2006, 11:32 AM
"We got the coach. We got the team. We wanted it all this year, though," said Korby Keene. "The Heat aren't that good. The refs gave them the game."

If a Spurs fan said this after the WCSF (which some did) they were called "whiny" by Mavs fan....but its legit if Mavs fan does it?

hmm......double standard much?

mike detroit
06-21-2006, 11:39 AM
If a Spurs fan said this after the WCSF (which some did) they were called "whiny" by Mavs fan....but its legit if Mavs fan does it?

hmm......double standard much?

I'd say it's whiny no matter who does it. Though with how much I've been hearing about this subject, can someone that watched the finals tell me just how bad the refs were?

Islymore
06-21-2006, 11:41 AM
I think its all whining. It really gets under my skin.

And I'm sick of it all.

The Mavs were outplayed. Period. By Dwayne Wade by his damn self.
The Suns were tired. Period. Couldnt keep that run and gun game.
The Spurs couldnt get anything going in overtime...

However you want to play it... you can...

But in the end... The bitchin and whinin has got to stop... Seriously.

It's sooo stupid to make fun of Spur fans for "cryin/whinin" and turn around and play the same card @ MAV FANS.... I been sayin it since then... PLEASE JUST LET THAT GO.

samikeyp
06-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Good post Isly

I'd say it's whiny no matter who does it.
agreed.

texlawman
06-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I think most Mavs posters that are still here are admitting that we choked, so please don't lump all of us in the same category.

I can understand why Stern was booed, but I do know that plenty of people cheered when the Heat got the trophy last night. Wade was amazing,bottom line. Stern however, does suck.

CosmicCowboy
06-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Honestly I wish more owners were like him. Some owners probably don't even know who is on the team roster. Like the Knicks owner. :lol

:lmao

If I was the Knicks owner I would be trying to forget too...:lol

SPARKY
06-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Some Mavs fan were Arrested

I guess thats why some of the "regulars" on this forum have disappeared. Imagine that.

:lol

kalikot_boy_kr
06-21-2006, 12:47 PM
:elephant fluke to the mavs fan for ever!!!!!! "da last"" indeed!!!!! hahahhaha!

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Just to put things in perspective, Spurs fans boo Stern when we win.

samikeyp
06-21-2006, 12:51 PM
I guess thats why some of the "regulars" on this forum have disappeared. Imagine that.

well that and they are cowards. (not all Mavs fans...just the ones that talk shit when they win and then disappear when they lose)

JMarkJohns
06-21-2006, 01:02 PM

So then Maverick fans are whores who can have their feelings of disdain bought and paid for by an owner simply doing what a owner is supposed to do?

Fuck that!

Cuban is a dipshit. He's a great investor, no doubt, but if he were the Suns owner, I'd go underground with my fandom. When you think about it, he's really quite embarrasing and your Mavs may never be taken seriously because of him and his antics.

Don't just explain it away or justify his actions because of who he is or how much he's got in the team.

FromWayDowntown
06-21-2006, 01:32 PM

FWIW, I've never seen it or heard of it in San Antonio.

Of course, we've never been through what Dallas just went through.

WalterBenitez
06-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Complaining about refs? wtf