PDA

View Full Version : So now how do you feel about the game 7 loss to Mavs?

Amuseddaysleeper
06-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Does it hurt a bit less since dallas didn't go all the way?

.4 still sucks but it woulda been much much worse had the lakers won in 2004 cuz then that shot woulda been the "shot that carried LA to their 4th championship in 5 years!" and it woulda been replayed even more so because of the momentum shift fisher's shot caused.

so does dallas falling apart in the finals make the Spurs loss not hurt as bad?

gospursgojas
06-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah I guess it makes it hurt a little less, but we still lost so it hurts alot on it own

Budkin
06-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Definitely hurts less, but it still hurts. Much like .4, the Dirk drive and Manu foul was rendered somewhat meaningless, since they didn't go on to win it all. But it stopped us from repeating, and that still sucks. The pain is dulled now for sure though.

degenerate_gambler
06-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah it takes a little bit of the sting out of it, but still hurts nonetheless.

The satisfaction I get out of seeing Dallas being beaten in their gym is tempered somewhat by realizing that Payton, A. Walker & Jayson Williams now have rings.

Oh well....on to '06-'07

Spurminator
06-21-2006, 11:07 AM
It hurts more.

It was bad enough that Detroit didn't make it. We could've had a Shaq/Duncan classic showdown on a National Stage... Who would be the first to win his fourth Title? Who would cement his legacy as the best big man of the decade? But more importantly, we probably would've won that matchup.

But for the Heat to win? The team that fought constant internal battles all season? Who were supposedly composed of more players than one ball could possibly satisfy? This is the team of the year? This is the team that people will go down in history as the best team in the NBA in 2006?

Hard for me to swallow. Props to the Heat for being the last team standing, but I don't feel like they were the best team in the league this year. Had the Spurs (duh), Pistons or even Mavericks won, I could have accepted it a little more.

This year just feels like a waste. An anomaly...

Holt's Cat
06-21-2006, 11:10 AM
It still suwks.

MoSpur
06-21-2006, 11:12 AM
I always prefer the Spurs to win, but Dallas not winning is pretty good. I hate that team.

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 11:16 AM
It hurts more.
Had the Spurs (duh), Pistons or even Mavericks won, I could have accepted it a little more.

This year just feels like a waste. An anomaly...

Wow. I mean, I see what you're saying, but you think the Mavs or Pistons deserve the Championship more than the Heat?!?

No way. The Heat destroyed the Pistons and Mavs. I feel comfortable saying the Heat represented the Best of the East - more comfortable than saying the Mavs represented the Best of the West, obviously.

It's just too bad the Mavs didn't choke a little earlier, then we would have seen a great Spurs vs Heat matchup (I agree with you there).

Oh, well, maybe next year...

AlvinRobertsonrocksjail
06-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey GOSPURSGOJAS.. A Lot is two words..

angel_luv
06-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Our finale was much more impressive than Dallas.

Spurminator
06-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Wow. I mean, I see what you're saying, but you think the Mavs or Pistons deserve the Championship more than the Heat?!?

No way. The Heat destroyed the Pistons and Mavs. I feel comfortable saying the Heat represented the Best of the East - more comfortable than saying the Mavs represented the Best of the West, obviously.

It's just too bad the Mavs didn't choke a little earlier, then we would have seen a great Spurs vs Heat matchup (I agree with you there).

Oh, well, maybe next year...

I don't know... It's all about the impression I had of the teams. Dallas, until the last 3 games, always looked like the better team. For this series, obviously they weren't.

Sometimes winning the Championship is all about being hot at the right time.... or playing an opponent who goes cold at the right time. If you're a true Championship contender, that will get you over the hump. Miami was definitely a contender. It just feels weird to see them with the trophy.

But they earned it, no question.

sanman53
06-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Our finale was much more impressive than Dallas.

True that!

beirmeistr
06-21-2006, 12:14 PM
It hurts less. Although I had already reached the point of acceptance---after watching the game again, that the Spurs were too tired by the fourth quarter. Their short bench was killing them. If the Spurs had prevailed against the Mavs, and if Pop had played small ball against Phoenix, I do not have confidence that they could have beat Phoenix with their short bench again. But the hurt is lessened, the Spurs did the best they could under the circumstances, and hopefully Spurs management will address their deficiencies this summer.

sa_butta
06-21-2006, 12:39 PM
I think it hurts a little less, cause we can still say that we have a Championship and Dallas does not. But it doesnt change the fact that I wish it was us in the finals and we should have been there.

kalikot_boy_kr
06-21-2006, 12:44 PM
the only hurts is we didnt repeat! but nothing to worry about!! spurs fan get ready this season!!!!! keep bashing this arrogant mavs!!!! suck em!!!!!

abelle23
06-21-2006, 12:45 PM
it hurts less...but still hurts coz i think spurs couldve beaten heat....

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-21-2006, 01:23 PM
i feel great... todays been an awesome beautiful day here in SA! ah i can imagine the whining going on just 4hrs away.

someone in dallas is choking on their lunch right now.

Trainwreck2100
06-21-2006, 01:26 PM
It makes me feel much better about HOW the Mavs lost. Karma.

Texas_Ranger
06-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Disappointed

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-21-2006, 01:30 PM
atleast we didnt choke....we just got cheated, so its all good.

plus we didnt lose 4 straight...in the finals! EVER! hahahaha

T Park
06-21-2006, 01:32 PM
More.

The Spurs would have demolished the Heat in 5 games.

Fabbs
06-21-2006, 01:36 PM
I feel like Riley did much more then Pop with much less of a roster.
And i do not think Riley coached that well vs Mavs.
DWade great/Dallas choke.

Repeat and 3/4 chance blown.

kalikot_boy_kr
06-21-2006, 01:49 PM
dirk>>>wacky flukers
terry>>>>showy monkey<<< i hate his face! he look like a funny clown to me.
stuckhouse>>>wheres ur fresh legs u talkin about? nothing but lousy.
howard>>>>the rushing ego> who the hell are u?
harris>>>>keep ur lips shut up!! ur funny...
dampier>>>> slow motion picture>>>hahhahhaha!
daniels>>>>ur a joke!
cuban>>>>pretending tobe the best team....but nothing...
avery>>>>>arrogant....
................the heat makes u a crying babies!!!!! hahahhahha!

Oh, Gee!!
06-21-2006, 02:01 PM
worse, cuz the spurs let a golden opportunity slip by.

sa_butta
06-21-2006, 02:03 PM
I feel like Riley did much more then Pop with much less of a roster.
And i do not think Riley coached that well vs Mavs.
DWade great/Dallas choke.

Repeat and 3/4 chance blown.Yeah well even down 2-0 he never changed the game plan, he stuck with what got them there.

Jimcs50
06-21-2006, 02:04 PM
I will tell you who feels the best of anyone in the world.

Michael Finley

Budkin
06-21-2006, 02:11 PM
I will tell you who feels the best of anyone in the world.

Michael Finley

I was totally imagining Finley sitting somewhere with a little smile on his face. :king

SenorSpur
06-21-2006, 02:13 PM
While I'm still disappointed we didn't repeat, I'm absolutely ELATED the punk-ass Mavs fell short. In fact, with the Mavs losing in the humiliating "meltdown" way that they did makes seeing that "shitty look" that Cuban had on his face priceless.

I don't ever want the Mavs to win shit. This takes away some of the pain. I'll feel fully vindicated when the Spurs "kick some Mavs ass" during next season's playoffs.

DDS4
06-21-2006, 02:13 PM
IMO, the outcome would have been different if the Spurs played the Heat in the finals.

Matchups and small ball just kicked our ass this year.

ShoogarBear
06-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I just keep thinking about Tim's missed putback at the buzzer.

:depressed

davi78239
06-21-2006, 02:54 PM
You know, this series kinda reminded me of lakers vs. Pistons in 04. The "better" team just fell apart and lost so many games in a row. Only difference was that these were closer games.

Jimcs50
06-21-2006, 03:02 PM

Well, if he was not hammered by Dirk from behind, he might have been able to make the putback.....yes?

Oh, Gee!!
06-21-2006, 03:06 PM

i just keep thinking about Manu's stupid, ill-advised foul on Dirk. :madrun

abelle23
06-21-2006, 07:52 PM
i just keep thinking about Manu's stupid, ill-advised foul on Dirk. :madrun

yeah ...i try to but still cant get over that play by manu... :depressed

picnroll
06-21-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm pretty sure I would have felt worse seeing Cuban holding up the O'Brien.

ShoogarBear
06-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, if he was not hammered by Dirk from behind, he might have been able to make the putback.....yes?
I try to take the high road. That never gets called.

Kong
06-22-2006, 12:25 AM
As of about 26 hours ago, that became LAST SEASON!

I had been asking if it was October yet, but I'm kinda wondering what's going to happen around mid-July.

ambchang
06-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Doesn't do anything, as long as the winner is not the Spurs, I am unhappy.

MadDog73
06-22-2006, 12:07 PM
You know, this series kinda reminded me of lakers vs. Pistons in 04. The "better" team just fell apart and lost so many games in a row. Only difference was that these were closer games.

Pistons >>>>> Lakers w/o Malone; Heat >>>>> Mavs w/ pussy Dirk

And please, let me make myself clear. I don't think Dirk is a bad player, I really believe the Dirk that drove to the hoop and won Game 7 in San Antonio did not exist in Miami.

I don't know if the Heat just played better D, or Dirk just gave up, but it's like there were two Dirk's on the Mavs, and somehow the Spurs ended up facing the bad-ass one.

ratm1221
06-22-2006, 04:06 PM
You know what takes the sting out of the Heat beating the Mavs... That we eliminated the Spurs.

This thread blows. I wish everyone would quit whining. Including SOME Mavs fans. The seasons over. Some's sooner than others, but it's over. Let's move on to next season.

There. I said it.

CharlieMac
06-23-2006, 12:26 AM
I FEEL GREAT STILL!

Especially after rereading this Bayless article from a month ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060519

NBA Junkie
06-23-2006, 02:47 AM
I would think it would hurt more since the Spurs would have easily steamrolled over both Phoenix and Miami en route to a repeat,