PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets for me!! (for free!!)

veronicamae
06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
My company is going through a corporate takeover right now, and we've had some trouble keeping employees on board.

Today my boss told me that, as an incentive for me to stay - he's going to buy me a pair of season tickets!!

You bet I'll be staying! (for now) lol

But I was shocked to hear that unless he spends $17,000 to buy season tickets for the Spurs, Silver Stars, AND Rampage, they won't sell him lower level seats. That's so messed up!! No wonder why lower level fans are often boring - you don't have to just have extra money, you have to be a rich bastard. Blah!! So it'll be center court, lower rows of Club 200 for me - but I so don't really care lol. WOOT!!

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

samikeyp
06-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Very nice. :tu

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-21-2006, 01:27 PM
my boss has had row3 season tickets since the 70s.... i try my damndest last year to kiss his ass so he would take me to the finals games but instead he got some charter seats for me which was fine... i ended up spending $600+ last playoffs/finals on g4 suns, g2 pistons, & g5 pistons. it was awesome, too bad i couldnt spend my life savings this year though. 2007 here i come!

MoSpur
06-21-2006, 01:31 PM
You taking me?

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2006, 01:49 PM
My company is going through a corporate takeover right now, and we've had some trouble keeping employees on board.

Today my boss told me that, as an incentive for me to stay - he's going to buy me a pair of season tickets!!

But I was shocked to hear that unless he spends $17,000 to buy season tickets for the Spurs, Silver Stars, AND Rampage, they won't sell him lower level seats. That's so messed up!! No wonder why lower level fans are often boring - you don't have to just have extra money, you have to be a rich bastard. Blah!! So it'll be center court, lower rows of Club 200 for me - but I so don't really care lol. WOOT!!

will you marry me? :makeout

sa_butta
06-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Where do I apply for this job?

veronicamae
06-21-2006, 02:02 PM
lol@ you all

I can't believe they refuse to sell LL seats unless someone shells out $17,000 PER SEAT to go see the stupid Rampage play - wtf! That's not even right. They need to allow the true fans who aren't filthy rich to buy those seats.

veronicamae
06-21-2006, 02:03 PM
oh as for where to apply -

we're putting an ad on monster.com this week. if you have real estate or legal experience, you're welcome to apply!

veronicamae
06-21-2006, 02:05 PM
and to those that want to go -

for the games i can't go to, i'll sell the tickets to the members here for flat face value (NO ticketmaster surcharges).

or maybe give them away to first timers and out of towners, etc. :)

Carie
06-21-2006, 02:09 PM
lol@ you all

I can't believe they refuse to sell LL seats unless someone shells out $17,000 PER SEAT to go see the stupid Rampage play - wtf! That's not even right. They need to allow the true fans who aren't filthy rich to buy those seats.
First and most importantly :elephant I'm thrilled for you!

And is this for him to buy like a business block of seats? Or to make a seat that was previously unavailable for purchase as a season ticket available for purchase? If not, anyone know if this is a new rule? We moved to the upper level (I refuse to call it a "club") this year and never heard anything about this!

MoSpur
06-21-2006, 02:12 PM
What is the name of the company?

veronicamae
06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
What is the name of the company?

National Exchange Services (soon to be Security 1031 Services)

This was something to keep a current employee on board though - so one shouldn't expect such a gift if they get hired.

Just FYI lol.

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2006, 02:23 PM
lol@ you all

you had me at 'my company is going through a corporate takeover."

:eyebrows

veronicamae
06-21-2006, 02:24 PM
First and most importantly :elephant I'm thrilled for you!

And is this for him to buy like a business block of seats? Or to make a seat that was previously unavailable for purchase as a season ticket available for purchase? If not, anyone know if this is a new rule? We moved to the upper level (I refuse to call it a "club") this year and never heard anything about this!

The term they used was "corporate" something - even if it was just 2 seats together, the cost starts at $17K per seat for all 3 franchises, so it didn't have to be a block of seats (and that's not what he wants anyway).

I don't know if that's a new thing, but the ticket guy said they wouldn't even sell us a half-season pack for lower seats. Bah humbug!

MoSpur
06-21-2006, 02:26 PM
So who you taking?

veronicamae
06-21-2006, 02:36 PM
So who you taking?

my best friend/roommate who made me a Spurs fan (as I'm not a native Texan and moved here 2 years ago, and she's a diehard fan since birth).

Her life dream has been to have season tickets. She nearly cried when I told her lol.

kris
06-21-2006, 03:21 PM
my best friend/roommate who made me a Spurs fan (as I'm not a native Texan and moved here 2 years ago, and she's a diehard fan since birth).

Her life dream has been to have season tickets. She nearly cried when I told her lol.

The bar doesn't look to high up from ground level.

ShoogarBear
06-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Way cool.

And good for your friend, too.

ShoogarBear
06-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Of course, the bad news is, your company's being bought by Mark Cuban . . .

MoSpur
06-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Shoog is the man.

angel_luv
06-21-2006, 04:00 PM
That is awesome. I am happy for you.

1Parker1
06-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Wow, I am so jealous!!! Here at work, the only season tickets we give to employees are to the Eagles...no one cares about the Sixers in this city :depressed

1Parker1
06-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Have fun, BTW!! :)

veronicamae
06-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Of course, the bad news is, your company's being bought by Mark Cuban . . .

Don't even joke about that.

If you are being serious, I'll go jump off a cliff right now lol.

veronicamae
06-21-2006, 04:20 PM
The bar doesn't look to high up from ground level.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but it doesn't sound very positive.

ShoogarBear
06-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Wow, I am so jealous!!! Here at work, the only season tickets we give to employees are to the Eagles...no one cares about the Sixers in this city :depressed

So then, Sixers season tickets should be easy to get, no?

:shootme

GoSpurs21
06-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I am only buying a half season in the lower level for the 3 straight year. There may also be 10 game packs left. I dont remember when they offer them but it was around this time last year.

Kori Ellis
06-21-2006, 08:29 PM
The term they used was "corporate" something - even if it was just 2 seats together, the cost starts at $17K per seat for all 3 franchises, so it didn't have to be a block of seats (and that's not what he wants anyway).

I don't know if that's a new thing, but the ticket guy said they wouldn't even sell us a half-season pack for lower seats. Bah humbug!

That's because there's so few lower level seats available for the Spurs.

veronicamae
06-21-2006, 11:09 PM
That's because there's so few lower level seats available for the Spurs.

So they would rather sell them to big corporations for $17,000 per seat than to avid fans at a more reasonable price? They have seats available - just not seats together unless you shell out the big bucks.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but that's a really lame way of selling tickets.

Kori Ellis
06-21-2006, 11:20 PM
So they would rather sell them to big corporations for $17,000 per seat than to avid fans at a more reasonable price? They have seats available - just not seats together unless you shell out the big bucks.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but that's a really lame way of selling tickets.

No, I'm saying they'll sell them to any fan, corporate or not, as long as they sell the Rampage/SS tickets too. There's very, very few tickets at all available in the lower level. It's not like they are doing this with 100's and 100's of tickets.

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2006, 03:30 AM

are you single? :D

Notorious H.O.P.
06-22-2006, 12:00 PM
My company is also buying four sets of season tickets to give away to our clients. There are all lower level sets but I don't think that it was going to require $17000 per seat. I think the numbers I saw were closer to $10000 per set including season tickets to the Silver Stars and Rampage.

Maybe our people just jumped in early (I saw all the paperwork about 4-6 weeks ago) and now the only available seats are lower in the bowl now.

But yes, I believe we had to buy the SS and Rampage in order to get the seats.

veronicamae
06-22-2006, 04:36 PM
are you single? :D

Yes.
:oops

But I'm a lesbian. :lol

veronicamae
06-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Section 223 Row 8 - bought them today, w00t!!

veronicamae
06-22-2006, 04:37 PM
My company is also buying four sets of season tickets to give away to our clients. There are all lower level sets but I don't think that it was going to require $17000 per seat. I think the numbers I saw were closer to $10000 per set including season tickets to the Silver Stars and Rampage.

Maybe our people just jumped in early (I saw all the paperwork about 4-6 weeks ago) and now the only available seats are lower in the bowl now.

But yes, I believe we had to buy the SS and Rampage in order to get the seats.

Ah - maybe they only had REALLY good seats left, which is the cause of the $7K difference between what your company was quoted and mine.

I don't care though - these are for ME, not our clients lol.