PDA

View Full Version : 2006-07 Starting lineup?

strangeweather
06-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Who starts next to Duncan next year?

Horry can't take the minutes, Oberto was a non-factor last year, Javtokas will be a rookie, and Bonner certainly doesn't look up to starting.

Will it be Scola? Someone from free agency?

Thoughts?

Mr. Body
06-21-2006, 05:10 PM
It will either be Scola or Javtokas.

Scola PF
Duncan C

or

Duncan PF
Javtokas C

METALMiKE
06-21-2006, 05:10 PM
well if you factor that stuff in, then it will be Nazr. lol :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Ben Wallace. I'm still going with my strategy of trading Nazr, Fabricio, and 2-3 first round picks.

z0sa
06-21-2006, 06:19 PM
They would need an all star caliber player in exchange for Ben Wallace...

AdmiralMVP
06-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Just as long as it's not Carl Hererra or Charles Smith starting at PF, I am fine with whomever Pop decides.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Hopefully Nazr.

So our bigs is a rotation of Nazr, Boner, Javotkas and Horry. Wow that's really thin.

Hoy
06-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Hopefully Nazr.

So our bigs is a rotation of Nazr, Boner, Javotkas and Horry. Wow that's really thin.

Haven't you seen enought of Nazr?
Please no more of that oaf. Not only this guy is sluggish physically but he have delayed recognization. He is playing a quarter-second behind time than other players.

Tim, Bonner, Javo, Horry, Roberto... we have room for one more front line player. We are not thin in numbers. Maybe in talent.

If EW can play at 3 against Carmello, Marion, Bonzi of the league then we are really ahead in this trade not only financially but plugging a major hole.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Haven't you seen enought of Nazr?
Please no more of that oaf. Not only this guy is sluggish physically but he have delayed recognization. He is playing a quarter-second behind time than other players.

Tim, Bonner, Javo, Horry, Roberto... we have room for one more front line player. We are not thin in numbers. Maybe in talent.

If EW can play at 3 against Carmello, Marion, Bonzi of the league then we are really ahead in this trade not only financially but plugging a major hole.

I haven't seen anybody we can sign who is better than him.

So at the risk of getting worse, I would say at least keep what you have...before you're left with your dick in your hand at the center position.

strangeweather
06-21-2006, 07:00 PM
I haven't seen anybody we can sign who is better than him.
Rasho's leaving and we don't have anyone else with that kind of bulk, while Javtokas is supposed to provide mobility like Nazr has.

As far as signing someone goes, I'd be tempted to see if we could get Pollard for half the midlevel before I would resign Nazr.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Rasho's leaving and we don't have anyone else with that kind of bulk, while Javtokas is supposed to provide mobility like Nazr has.

As far as signing someone goes, I'd be tempted to see if we could get Pollard for half the midlevel before I would resign Nazr.

Pollard?

I'd take Nazr over him any day. Unless you're getting Pollard at like 1/5 the price.

SA210
06-21-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm not suggesting that Duncan would ever switch to Center permanantly.

But hasn't he usually been a complete monster when playing at center?
Anyone have the numbers?

I'm just wondering, not sure.

Kori Ellis
06-21-2006, 07:18 PM
I'd imagine Duncan will start at center and a player who isn't here yet will start at power forward.

timvp
06-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Duncan and Bonner?

I wouldn't bet against it.

SA210
06-21-2006, 07:19 PM
I'd imagine Duncan will start at center and a player who isn't here yet will start at power forward.
I don't mind that at all. I love when TD plays center.

strangeweather
06-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Pollard?

I'd take Nazr over him any day. Unless you're getting Pollard at like 1/5 the price.
My guess is that Nazr gets at least the full midlevel, and maybe more. No way Pollard comes anywhere near that, and he almost certainly comes with a shorter contract.

strangeweather
06-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Duncan and Bonner?

I wouldn't bet against it.
I'd like to have a legit starter to start the season, and give Bonner a chance to take the job away. No matter how many great things people are saying in the offseason, going into the season with Bonner as the best guy we have to start makes me nervous.

T Park
06-21-2006, 07:35 PM
I'd like to have a legit starter to start the season, and give Bonner a chance to take the job away. No matter how many great things people are saying in the offseason, going into the season with Bonner as the best guy we have to start makes me nervous.

What difference does it make, him being the starter after training camp and now?

strangeweather
06-21-2006, 08:23 PM
What difference does it make, him being the starter after training camp and now?
The difference is that he hasn't proved he should be starting even in Toronto. I'd hate to hand him a job and then discover that he's hopelessly outclassed, and then have to struggle to find a midseason trade that will work. If we bring in a guy who we know can start, we can treat Bonner as a rotation guy, and give him the chance to show he can be better than that. If all he turns out to be is a rotation guy, no harm done.

zeleni
06-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Oberto will certainly start. He would give the team rebounds which Spurs craved.

Knoxville Spur
06-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Why would anyone give us something for Nazr? What are the advantages of a sign-and-trade for another team?

RON ARTEST
06-21-2006, 10:39 PM

Scola PF
Duncan C

or

Duncan PF
Javtokas C
wow the spurs would really be taking a couple steps back if they start a rookie at center.

picnroll
06-21-2006, 10:44 PM
fwiw when you read the comments of the Rap fans are their message board they say Bonner's defense really sucks, misses assignments, doesn't defend in the low post well.

timvp
06-21-2006, 10:46 PM
fwiw when you read the comments of the Rap fans are their message board they say Bonner's defense really sucks, misses assignments, doesn't defend in the low post well.

Rasho was the one of the worst defensive center in the league when he arrived.

timvp
06-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Plus according to 82games.com, Bonner had the second best defensive stats on the team. Only Bosh was better.

And last I checked, the average Raptor fan knows little to nothing about basketball.

picnroll
06-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Could be. Remeber Nazr was one of the worst defensive centers in the league when he arrived too.

Bonner acquisition is fine, but the idea that he'd be a starter next year for the Spurs would leave me far less than enthusiatic about the quality level of the Spurs' bigs.

Leetonidas
06-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Pryzbilla is still out there...

zeleni
06-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Rasho was the one of the worst defensive center in the league when he arrived.

Oh, really? So defense in Minesotta in those zone coocoo schemes was all the genius of... Garnett? Brandon? Saunders?

Rasho was always credited as coaches guy on the court.

ace3g
06-21-2006, 11:57 PM
My ideal lineup for next season would be:

PG: Parker, Udrih, Claxton
SG: Manu, JR Smith, Finley
SF: Bowen, Jumaine Jones
PF: Duncan, Horry, Bonner
C: Javtokas, Oberto, 1 more C

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Plus according to 82games.com, Bonner had the second best defensive stats on the team. Only Bosh was better.

And last I checked, the average Raptor fan knows little to nothing about basketball.
hes a bad defender period. if you are relying on him to help get the spurs another title then you are nuts. he is not a starter in this league at all.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2006, 12:29 AM

Scola PF
Duncan C

or

Duncan PF
Javtokas C

The E-N article says they aren't looking for Javtokas to start.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2006, 12:29 AM
hes a bad defender period. if you are relying on him to help get the spurs another title then you are nuts. he is not a starter in this league at all.

No one is relying on him. He'll be a role player who will spread the floor.

Slinkyman
06-22-2006, 12:31 AM
My ideal lineup for next season would be:

PG: Parker, Udrih, Claxton
SG: Manu, JR Smith, Finley
SF: Bowen, Jumaine Jones
PF: Duncan, Horry, Bonner
C: Javtokas, Oberto, 1 more C

Speedy as our 3rd pg? :lol you probably meant 2nd and Beno 3rd right?

Texas_Ranger
06-22-2006, 01:30 AM
PG: Tony Parker/Speedy Claxton/Beno Udrih
SG: Manu Ginobili/Michael Finley
SF: Bruce Bowen/JR Smith/Melvin Senders
PF: Tim Duncan/Horry/Luis Scola/Fabrizio Oberto/Ian Mahimi
C: Matt Bonner/Tyson Chandler/Robertas Javtokas

Tek_XX
06-22-2006, 01:46 AM
So Nazty is staying?

supaphly119
06-22-2006, 01:49 AM
PG: Tony Parker/Speedy Claxton/Beno Udrih
SG: Manu Ginobili/Michael Finley
SF: Bruce Bowen/JR Smith/Melvin Senders
PF: Tim Duncan/Horry/Luis Scola/Fabrizio Oberto/Ian Mahimi
C: Matt Bonner/Tyson Chandler/Robertas Javtokas

hell, we might as well add KG, iverson, artest and big ben. i feel like you turned the 'salary cap' option off on nba live.

timvp
06-22-2006, 01:56 AM
Javtokas isn't starting. Horry isn't going to start. Oberto doesn't really give you enough spacing to use him as a starter. Nazr is all but gone.

Hmmmmm...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2006-01/21278113.jpg

Kori Ellis
06-22-2006, 01:58 AM
I don't think Bonner will start either.

I think they are still looking for that starter to play alongside Tim. Hopefully he comes by trading Barry or sign-and-trading Nazr.

Mr. Body
06-22-2006, 02:00 AM
Spurs might petition to play four on four to start games.

I'm a bit puzzled about where this leaves the starting line-up. They don't expect to start Javtokas, but eventually might/should.

Oh, and acquiring Tyson Chandler, even if it were possible, would be a big mistake. The guy has a contract out the wazoo.

jman3000
06-22-2006, 02:01 AM
Is Chandler honestly a viable option for us?

timvp
06-22-2006, 02:01 AM
Getting Chandler would be a horrible move.

Mr. Body
06-22-2006, 02:04 AM
Getting Chandler would be a horrible move.

Very horrible. Chicago has to be wishing they didn't dump such a contract on him. That'll hurt for years.

At least he does rebound fairly well. Just looking at his stats, he picks up 3.8 fouls in 26.8 minutes, shoots free throws very poorly, etc, on top of being very expensive. Sheesh.

Obstructed_View
06-22-2006, 02:21 AM
I noticed this in Chad Ford's article on ESPN.

Neither center played much in the second-round series against Dallas, which the Spurs lost in seven games. Coach Gregg Popovich used a smaller lineup with forward Robert Horry at center and hinted he might go with that kind of lineup more next season.

This move could be the first step in that direction, with the 6-foot-10 Bonner a candidate to start in the middle.

Be prepared for a whole season of smallball, folks. 63 wins was just too fucking easy.

J.T.
06-22-2006, 02:25 AM
I would like this lineup for next year

Nash
Wade
Lebron
Duncan
Yao

clubalien
06-22-2006, 02:31 AM
OK if tim starts as the C who would you want as your PF

J O;neal, KG, Odom? who would be our starting 4 that is worth moving tim to C? and worth taking risk of having no center

Obstructed_View
06-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Hey how about Carlos Boozer clogging up the post for Timmy? It'll be just like the olympics...

clubalien
06-22-2006, 02:36 AM
kmart might get traded

Kori Ellis
06-22-2006, 02:36 AM
Hey how about Carlos Boozer clogging up the post for Timmy? It'll be just like the olympics...

:lol

T Park
06-22-2006, 02:42 AM
Be prepared for a whole season of smallball, folks. 63 wins was just too fucking easy

Yeah, don't adjust to the new NBA.

Be like the Spurs in 99-00.

polandprzem
06-22-2006, 02:56 AM

:huh

What kind of changes then?

Obstructed_View
06-22-2006, 03:12 AM

That adjustment was real fucking successful against the Mavs. If the Spurs are playing in the "new NBA" and have the second best record in the league, I don't see the reason to adjust.

And are you implying that Timmy is going to blow out his knee if the Spurs don't play smallball?

loveforthegame
06-22-2006, 03:13 AM
What we know so far. They expect to sign Javtokas but he won't be a starter. They're looking for another center, wing player, and 3rd pg.

While Duncan will log more minutes at center I'm guessing he won't start there.

Right now the roster looks like this:

C -- ??/Javtokas/Horry
PF - Duncan/Bonner/(Oberto)
SF - Bowen/??/(Williams)
SG - Ginobli/Finley/(Barry)
PG - Parker/(Udrih)/??

The guys in () are who I think they try to move. They also have the rights to Scola to work with.

Someone like Przybilla would fit as the starting center but not sure what his price is. Lorenzen Wright fits the starting center/pf type. Not sure of his price either.

Is the LLE enough for a guy like Jumaine Jones? I'd like to trade Barry/Udrih for Brevin Knight? Who knows how much they've spent on Javtokas so we're not sure how much we have to spend on that starting center. Can a combination of Oberto/Scola/Williams get you that starting center? It doesn't have to be a big name.

In the end I wouldn't mind seeing something like this:

C - Wright/Javtokas/Horry
PF - Duncan/Bonner
SF - Bowen/Jumaine Jones (Qyntel Woods maybe)
SG - Ginobli/Finley
PG - Parker/Knight/??

T Park
06-22-2006, 03:15 AM
and are you implying that Timmy is going to blow out his knee if the Spurs don't play smallball?

uh yeah thats what im suggesting :wtf

T Park
06-22-2006, 03:16 AM
Wright

As in Lorenzen?!?!

strangeweather
06-22-2006, 03:17 AM
I don't think Bonner will start either.

I think they are still looking for that starter to play alongside Tim. Hopefully he comes by trading Barry or sign-and-trading Nazr.
Well, this still leaves the door open for a (still unlikely) Nazr-for-Harrington deal.

There's also still Evans (of course), Wilcox (R), Gooden (R), Radmanovic, and Jeffries out there on the FA list.

And, of course, guys who aren't FAs at all, who we trade for.

loveforthegame
06-22-2006, 03:21 AM
Wright

As in Lorenzen?!?!

Yes.

Ducks from flying objects.

Obstructed_View
06-22-2006, 03:24 AM
uh yeah thats what im suggesting :wtf
So are you going to explain what you mean? As far as I can tell, the '99-00 season had a hell of a lot more to do with Duncan's knee than with the changing times of the NBA, and the Spurs suddenly not being able to play defense seems like it coincided with their "adjustments" in the playoffs.

Spurs9
06-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Are we getting Javtokas for sure?

ducks
06-23-2006, 01:43 PM
not tell he signs the dated line

Texas_Ranger
06-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Are we getting Javtokas for sure?

Don`t know.

I think that chanches are 50/50.

DarrinS
06-23-2006, 02:17 PM

^
This is what I hope happens. But who's the best PF the Spurs can get right now?

If only we could get Shawn Marrion. Too bad we don't have anything the Suns want.

td4mvp21
06-23-2006, 04:50 PM
I wish we could get Haslem. He did a pretty good job on Dirk, he can hit a jumper, score off of dunks and putbacks, rebound, do dirty work, etc. But Miami won't let him go.

Darkwaters
06-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Haslem would be ideal. Too bad.

Shawn Marion seems more like an uptempo guy...runs the break well. I don't know how he'd do in the half-court set.

NBAFAN001
06-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Guys don't worry about the Center position. We'll play "small" the full season :bang

biggworm98
06-23-2006, 05:35 PM
I think its going to be
Tyson Chandler
Tim Duncan
Tony Parker
Manu
Bruce Bowen.
Yes, I said Chandler, you heard it hear first.

Bruno
06-23-2006, 05:36 PM
But who's the best PF the Spurs can get right now?

Some names of quality PF that can be available without trading Tim/Manu/Parker :
Tyson Chandler
Drew Gooden
Jeff Foster
Al Harrington
Melvin Ely
Stromile Swift
Kenyon Martin
Reggie Evans
Eddie Griffin
Zach Randolph
Brian Skinner
Carlos Boozer
Troy Murphy
Vladimr Radmanovic
Kenny Thomas
Shareef Adbur-Rahim

I've bolded the players I'd like to have.

strangeweather
06-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Some names of quality PF that can be available without trading Tim/Manu/Parker :
Tyson Chandler
Drew Gooden
Jeff Foster
Al Harrington
Melvin Ely
Stromile Swift
Kenyon Martin
Reggie Evans
Eddie Griffin
Zach Randolph
Brian Skinner
Carlos Boozer
Troy Murphy
Vladimr Radmanovic
Kenny Thomas
Shareef Adbur-Rahim

I think of Foster as more of a center, but he would be great if we could pick him up reasonably, and his contract isn't too bad.

Is Troy Murphy available? I'm not crazy about his contract, but he brings a lot to the table. He's got a decent jumpshot and is a terrific rebounder.

Chandler and Thomas are also pretty overpaid, but they're pretty good players -- Chandler in particular is another great rebounder, but his contract is crushing.

I don't see Gooden being all that available -- I think Cleveland matches any reasonable offer.

I like the idea of potentially taking a flyer on Griffin, but I don't think he solves the problem of needing a starter.

Shareef's contract isn't too bad, but I don't know that I'm crazy about him as a starter.

I'm not that wild about Skinner -- what do you like about him?

Out of that list, I think the most interesting are Harrington, Foster, Murphy, and Evans.

Darkwaters
06-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Troy Murphy is definately being shopped. I've heard rumors of him going to the Hornets. But, hes definately got a nasty contract.

whottt
06-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Nazr probably isn't going to be signed.

IF Scola is signed I think he'll start at PF with Duncan moving to C.

IF Scola isn't signed, it'll probably be Horry starting till Javtokas or Bonner are acclimated to the team. Will take Javtokas longer to do that so it will probably be Bonner who gets the nod...then again if Bonner performs well off the bench I could see Pop staying with Horry as the starter since he can block shots.

Pop will start Horry without a second thought...he started Danny Ferry.

I think in a perfect world Pop would like to start Javtokas since he has the best shotblocking ability and appears to have the garbage game to compliment Duncan.

And I don't think Pop is ready to toss his two shotblockers philosophy yet.

I think if anyone other than Scola has to start it's going to be the best shotblocker...so Oberto and Bonner will probably be at the bottom of the list to start...

exstatic
06-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Matt Bonner SF
Javtokas C
Scola PF
Sanikidize SG
Udrih PG

Bench
Karaulov C
Mahinmi SF/PF
Draft pick G

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Tyson Chandler
Drew Gooden
Jeff Foster
Al Harrington
Melvin Ely
Stromile Swift
Kenyon Martin
Reggie Evans
Eddie Griffin
Zach Randolph
Brian Skinner
Carlos Boozer
Troy Murphy
Vladimr Radmanovic
Kenny Thomas
Shareef Adbur-Rahim

Drew Gooden, Troy Murphy, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Kori Ellis
06-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Tyson Chandler
Drew Gooden
Jeff Foster
Al Harrington
Melvin Ely
Stromile Swift
Kenyon Martin
Reggie Evans
Eddie Griffin
Zach Randolph
Brian Skinner
Carlos Boozer
Troy Murphy
Vladimr Radmanovic
Kenny Thomas
Shareef Adbur-Rahim

Why is Golden St shopping Murphy? He's not THAT overpaid ($8M) and he's good. They should be shopping Foyle, who makes the same and sucks. (Okay he doesn't exactly suck but he's not worth his price)

Kori Ellis
06-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Also the Spurs used to be interested in Melvin Ely. I wonder if they still are.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Why is Golden St shopping Murphy? He's not THAT overpaid ($8M) and he's good. They should be shopping Foyle, who makes the same and sucks. (Okay he doesn't exactly suck but he's not worth his price)

How about Nazr for Troy?

exstatic
06-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Murphy would be EXACTLY what we need to put alongside Duncan and not have to go small, EVER. He's young, hardnosed, tough, a really good rebounder, and has a sweet outside shot, but can definitely punish you in the post if you put a small on him. As of now, SA has to involve a 3rd team if they want him, because of his BYC1 status. Hmmm. That might make the Williams contract valuable after all....

exstatic
06-23-2006, 11:18 PM
How about Nazr for Troy?
Because they are trying to shed salary and not sign more? Think: ending contract.

strangeweather
06-23-2006, 11:19 PM
My only thought about Foyle is that even the Knicks won't do that deal -- he's pretty untradeable.

As far as Murphy goes, maybe they want to start Diogu next year? Other than that, it doesn't make any sense to me either.

Kori Ellis
06-23-2006, 11:21 PM
On Wednesday, the Racine (Wisc.) Journal-Times reported Utah, Atlanta, Toronto and Golden State are "among the teams that have been linked" to trade-target Jamaal Magloire and that the veteran center seemingly gives the Bucks "the ammo to acquire either Troy Murphy from Golden State or Carlos Boozer from Utah."
According to the Journal-Times, "Both Murphy and Boozer are available, and both are power forwards, a position the Bucks want to bolster. However, both players have large and lengthy contracts, which Bucks owner Herb Kohl might be reluctant to take on."

Yeah it looks like they'd be willing to deal Murphy for Magloire because of the expiring contract.

Interesting.

strangeweather
06-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah it looks like they'd be willing to deal Murphy for Magloire because of the expiring contract.

Interesting.
Wow -- that would be an epic pickup. I don't know if we have the right pieces to get it done, though.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Because they are trying to shed salary and not sign more? Think: ending contract.
Hmm..........
How about:

Celtics Receive: Nazr
Warriors Receive: LaFrentz
Spurs Receive: Troy

I read that his contract expires after the upcoming season.

exstatic
06-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Hmm..........
How about:

Celtics Receive: Nazr
Warriors Receive: LaFrentz
Spurs Receive: Troy

I read that his contract expires after the upcoming season.
STILL a bad contract. It runs until '09. He has a player opt out in '07, but he'd be insane to take it and think that anyone would pay him as much as Cuban did. He'd probaly be walking away from over $20M. Not going to happen.

exstatic
06-23-2006, 11:38 PM
My only thought about Foyle is that even the Knicks won't do that deal -- he's pretty untradeable.

As far as Murphy goes, maybe they want to start Diogu next year? Other than that, it doesn't make any sense to me either.
Their owner is beyond cheap, sort of an anti-Cuban, foolish for spending too little instead of too much.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-23-2006, 11:38 PM
STILL a bad contract. It runs until '09. He has a player opt out in '07, but he'd be insane to take it and think that anyone would pay him as much as Cuban did.
Damn It! I'm not good at this am I? But still, I demand we either have Troy Murphy or Ben Wallace by the start of the season.

exstatic
06-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Murhpy would be nice. Wallace is too old.

Eric Williams, Oberto and the rights to Scola at the end of August when Williams can be packaged again?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Murhpy would be nice. Wallace is too old.

Eric Williams, Oberto and the rights to Scola at the end of August when Williams can be packaged again?
Do you mean trade those guys for Murph? If you are that's fuckin genius. :smokin

Bruno
06-24-2006, 01:39 AM
I think of Foster as more of a center, but he would be great if we could pick him up reasonably, and his contract isn't too bad.

Is Troy Murphy available? I'm not crazy about his contract, but he brings a lot to the table. He's got a decent jumpshot and is a terrific rebounder.

Chandler and Thomas are also pretty overpaid, but they're pretty good players -- Chandler in particular is another great rebounder, but his contract is crushing.

I don't see Gooden being all that available -- I think Cleveland matches any reasonable offer.

I like the idea of potentially taking a flyer on Griffin, but I don't think he solves the problem of needing a starter.

Shareef's contract isn't too bad, but I don't know that I'm crazy about him as a starter.

I'm not that wild about Skinner -- what do you like about him?

Out of that list, I think the most interesting are Harrington, Foster, Murphy, and Evans.

Foster : He can play center but PF too because he is quck enough.

Murphy : Golden state has spend a lot of money in "not so good" players (Davis, Fisher, Dunleavy, Murphy, Foyle)... and they still miss playoffs. They want to save money to re-sign their promising youngs (Ellis, Biedrins, Diogu and maybe Pietrus). Murphy has a big contract and isn't really a good fit for them : he isn't a great defender and is a jumpshooter. They cna go with Diogu post scoring.

Chandler : it's because of his contract that he could be available. Most ot these players (those who aren't FA) have something wrong concerning them (injuries, attitude, contract...) and that's why they could be available.

Gooden : They need more a defensive PF with Z at center. Varejao has been great during the playoff : maybe it's time for them to stick with him. The way to get him is a S&T. I've read somewhere that they are interested in Nazr.

Griffin : agree with you but he is a cheap option.

Skinner : He is not that great but he is a solid defender and rebounder. He cna be a short term solution.

Ninja-Defense
06-24-2006, 02:59 AM
Has anyone ever seen Melvin Ely and Chris Wilcox in the same room at the same time? Dudes look so much alike I always have trouble remembering who's who.

BTW, getting either of those bigs would be cool IMO. But Wilcox is probably a pipe dream...Or is it Ely I'm referring to? :angel

jospurs
06-24-2006, 12:35 PM
nazr
is great

bigdog
06-24-2006, 12:51 PM
i would try a S&T with cleveland. trade Nazr for Gooden. both teams getting good players,then spurs could put Duncan at C and start Gooden at the PF spot. problem solved, because the Centers would be Duncan and Javtokas, and the Power Forwards would be Gooden,Bonner,and Horry. now just get someone like Jumaine Jones to backup BB, and move Finley to the SG backup, and sign someone like Speedy Claxton or Bobby Jackson to backup TP

SPARKY
06-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Looks like Nazr could bring something back in a S&T. But you still have Chicago free to sign him at will.