PDA

View Full Version : Just for the record....

Obstructed_View
06-22-2006, 03:00 AM
Jay Mariotti is a fag, and it has nothing to do with his sexual orientation.

SA Gunslinger
06-22-2006, 06:24 AM
Blown out of proportion. He's freakin' Ozzie Guillen.

He reminds me of the old school managers like Earl Weaver and Billy Martin.

leemajors
06-22-2006, 08:50 AM
he's a cigarette?

Obstructed_View
06-22-2006, 02:37 PM
he's a cigarette?
Don't go offending the brits now, too. :lol

mike detroit
06-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Ozzie Guillen seems to lack the social filter between thoughts and speech that most of us develop when growing up. He basically speaks in real life the way a lot of people post on message boards.

Murphy
06-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Ozzie Freakin Guillen.... http://wizbangblog.com/images/2005/10/white_sox_kiss.jpg
http://wizbangblog.com/2005/10/31/weekend-caption-contest-winners.php

T Park
06-22-2006, 09:03 PM
thats his son...

But the guy is a total absolute wack job....

Murphy
06-22-2006, 09:14 PM
my bad, but it still looks kinda creepy, i understand a kiss on the cheek but like that?? I guess it's a culture thing. Fuck it.

Obstructed_View
06-23-2006, 03:02 AM
my bad, but it still looks kinda creepy, i understand a kiss on the cheek but like that?? I guess it's a culture thing. Fuck it.
Actually it's a having kids thing as I see it. :)

Obstructed_View
06-23-2006, 03:05 AM
Ozzie Guillen seems to lack the social filter between thoughts and speech that most of us develop when growing up. He basically speaks in real life the way a lot of people post on message boards.
He speaks in real life the way a lot of people speak in real life. If you've never called a friend of yours a fag you've damn sure heard someone else do it, and you know it wasn't because anyone involved was gay. Ozzie got himself into trouble, IMO, by having to read his sensitivity resume to everyone that got their ass in the air over something so meaningless.

All the media guys like him because he doesn't just give stock bullshit answers like everybody else, but then they pretend not to understand fucking guy talk when he says "that dude's a fag". He's a baseball player, he's a jock, he's a guy. Fucking give him a break. If he called someone who he actually knew was gay or thought was gay a fag I'd be calling for him to be fucking fired. Besides, the newspapers won't even print the word and nobody on TV says it. Why is something that nobody even repeats offending anyone? Are we just so inflamed by the idea that someone would use that word that we need to fucking pile on him about it?

mike detroit
06-23-2006, 12:19 PM
He speaks in real life the way a lot of people speak in real life. If you've never called a friend of yours a fag you've damn sure heard someone else do it, and you know it wasn't because anyone involved was gay. Ozzie got himself into trouble, IMO, by having to read his sensitivity resume to everyone that got their ass in the air over something so meaningless.

All the media guys like him because he doesn't just give stock bullshit answers like everybody else, but then they pretend not to understand fucking guy talk when he says "that dude's a fag". He's a baseball player, he's a jock, he's a guy. Fucking give him a break. If he called someone who he actually knew was gay or thought was gay a fag I'd be calling for him to be fucking fired. Besides, the newspapers won't even print the word and nobody on TV says it. Why is something that nobody even repeats offending anyone? Are we just so inflamed by the idea that someone would use that word that we need to fucking pile on him about it?

yes, I've called someone a fag. I was in middle school once too, you know. grow up.

DarkReign
06-23-2006, 01:24 PM
yes, I've called someone a fag. I was in middle school once too, you know. grow up.

We have a fucking winner!

Its called maturity and professionalism, two things which Oz sorely lacks.

mike detroit
06-23-2006, 08:41 PM
We have a fucking winner!

Its called maturity and professionalism, two things which Oz sorely lacks.

seriously, if you can honestly say that you could go into your job and publicly call someone a fag without any blowback, well, let's just say i feel sorry for your career prospects.

TheSanityAnnex
06-23-2006, 10:33 PM
I love how he took back calling him a fag and called him a piece of shit instead. Classic Ozzie.

mike detroit
06-23-2006, 11:01 PM
I love how he took back calling him a fag and called him a piece of shit instead. Classic Ozzie.

I didn't mean he was homosexual, just that he was cowardly and unmanly. good work ozzie, that makes it better

TheSanityAnnex
06-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Jay Mariotti is a piece of shit, and he needs to have someone tell him so once in a while.

mike detroit
06-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Jay Mariotti is a piece of shit, and he needs to have someone tell him so once in a while.

oh, don't get me wrong. i agree with that. i hate mariotti, he's a terrible analysist and an even worse writer. that doesn't excuse ozzie though, that guy is(to quote him) a piece of shit.

Obstructed_View
06-24-2006, 04:43 AM
seriously, if you can honestly say that you could go into your job and publicly call someone a fag without any blowback, well, let's just say i feel sorry for your career prospects.
Okay, you convinced me with that one. It is Ozzie's job, and it's not like he was just sitting around shooting the shit with his buddies and someone overheard him.

I still don't like the fact that everybody went running off to tell on him when he said it instead of just understanding that, while an incredibly poor word choice, the whole "offending homosexuals" thing was blown WAY out of proportion.

SA Gunslinger
06-24-2006, 05:15 AM
Imagine what a manager like Billy Martin would say if he was speaking Spanish as a second language managing a team in Mexico somewhere. Ozzie picked the wrong word. But it doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

mike detroit
06-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Imagine what a manager like Billy Martin would say if he was speaking Spanish as a second language managing a team in Mexico somewhere. Ozzie picked the wrong word. But it doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

i don't know. are we talking about a billy martin that had lived in mexico for 20+ years? a billy martin that had taken heat for using the same term already within the past 2 years?

TheSanityAnnex
06-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Ozzie should have just called him a "joto". All would be well now.

Das Texan
06-24-2006, 03:59 PM
ozzie is an idiot.

great manager.

idiot person. he needs to think before he opens his mouth somtimes.

i guffaw at him saying fuck you to bud. i hope bud tells him fuck you back or i suspend you now goto sensitivity training.

TheSanityAnnex
06-24-2006, 06:49 PM
idiot person. he needs to think before he opens his mouth somtimes.
the same could be said for jay mariotti.

Obstructed_View
06-25-2006, 06:42 AM
the same could be said for jay mariotti.
The people that would be in a position to criticize Mariotti are in his profession. Journalists dont shit where they eat.

Obstructed_View
06-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Journalists dont shit where they eat.
I stand corrected. They don't unless they are named Jay Mariotti.

SA Gunslinger
06-25-2006, 01:08 PM
i don't know. are we talking about a billy martin that had lived in mexico for 20+ years? a billy martin that had taken heat for using the same term already within the past 2 years?

:lol I didn't know that. I was trying to create a hypothetical example.

My point is that Ozzie learned some of his social ettiquette from being a Major League player and he shouldn't be burned at the stake for it.

I guess the times are a changing.

mike detroit
06-25-2006, 07:08 PM
:lol I didn't know that. I was trying to create a hypothetical example.

My point is that Ozzie learned some of his social ettiquette from being a Major League player and he shouldn't be burned at the stake for it.

I guess the times are a changing.

well, yeah. I wouldn't burn him at the stake over it. it's still not an acceptable way for a mlb manager to behave in public though.