PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' Horry relishes Mavericks' defeat

spursparker9
06-22-2006, 03:48 AM
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

Robert Horry watched only the closing two minutes of Miami's clinching victory in the NBA Finals on Tuesday night. It was enough, however, to make him smile.
If Horry and the Spurs couldn't win another title, he at least was glad Dallas fell short in its quest to win its first.

"That's the first time I ever rooted for the East," Horry said. "You usually never root for the East, you root for the West. But the way (the Mavericks) acted, it just put a bad taste in my mouth.

"All the whining Dallas did, the way (owner Mark) Cuban acted, the way (assistant coach) Del Harris acted on the sideline a couple of times, I was happy to see Dallas lose."
While Cuban and Dallas coach Avery Johnson were criticized for their behavior after losing Game 5 of the Finals, Horry didn't like how the Mavericks acted while eliminating the Spurs in the Western Conference semifinals.

In addition to saying that Mavericks guard Jason Terry didn't deserve to be suspended for hitting Michael Finley in the groin, Cuban called Tim Duncan a "crybaby," labeled Spurs fans the "rudest" in the league, and called the River Walk "an ugly-ass, muddy-watered thing." :stfu

Harris also mocked Duncan for complaining about calls during Game 4 of that series, Horry said. :flipoff
"I know the one game we won in Dallas, Avery was crying about the refs," Horry said. "I was like, 'You're crying about the refs?' We're the only ones who should be crying about the refs. We're the ones who are down in the series.

"There were just a lot of things that they did that I didn't think were characteristic of a team that's supposed to be in the (top) class." :clap
Horry didn't play much against Dallas, averaging 11.6 minutes in the final five games after Spurs coach Gregg Popovich went small to better match up with Dirk Nowitzki. In contrast, the Heat often stayed big against the Mavericks because their power forward, Udonis Haslem, proved athletic enough to guard Nowitzki.

Nowitzki averaged 27.1 points on 52.7 percent shooting against the Spurs. Haslem, who was on the Spurs' summer-league team before signing with Miami three years ago, and James Posey helped limit Nowitzki to 22.8 points on 39 percent shooting.

"It was almost like (the Heat) said, 'Don't do what the Spurs did because they lost the series,'" Horry said.

Horry, who turns 36 in August, jokingly called himself a "dinosaur" during the playoffs but still thinks he has enough left to contribute. He has two years remaining on his contract but said he might retire after next season.

"My ultimate goal is to play 15 (years), and this would be 15," Horry said. "But if I'm feeling spry, I'll keep going."

Horry For 3!
06-22-2006, 03:49 AM
Mavs are a piece of shit team, I know it, Horry knows it. Wait, I am both.

J.T.
06-22-2006, 03:55 AM
I am pretty sure Big Shot Rob speaks for us all in this article. Props, Rob. Here's to many more dagger 3's by you next season. *raises glass*

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 03:58 AM
:lmao That article made me happy

Texas_Ranger
06-22-2006, 04:05 AM
Horry, that is the spirit :lol

caŽlo
06-22-2006, 04:16 AM
vindication :)

SA Gunslinger
06-22-2006, 04:18 AM
He just articulated what most of us were feeling at the time. Props to Big Shot.

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2006, 04:22 AM
horry representz spurstalk.com hahahah

East Coast Babe
06-22-2006, 05:08 AM
Johnny Ludden

the way (assistant coach) Del Harris acted on the sideline a couple of times, I was happy to see Dallas lose." [/B]

Del Harris acted??!! He never does anything! We are talking about the guy with the white hair (or is it gray?) aren't we? I have never seen him do anything!

Doug Collins
06-22-2006, 05:17 AM
Del Harris acted??!! He never does anything! We are talking about the guy with the white hair (or is it gray?) aren't we? I have never seen him do anything!

You need to pay closer attention. The guy is constantly bitching and acting like he´s the head coach. It´s quite funny and pathetic.

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 05:41 AM
damn horry hates the mavs alot doesnt he? :lol

iminlakerland
06-22-2006, 05:54 AM
Damn i love Robert Horry...still miss him not being in the purple and gold but that is one guy i will consistantly root for. He was truthful and blunt atta boy!

Gummi
06-22-2006, 06:07 AM
And they went after him big time last off season. I bet Horry is happy he decided to stay.

FreshPrince22
06-22-2006, 06:32 AM
haha. Funny stuff.

romsho
06-22-2006, 06:32 AM
Johnny Ludden

Horry didn't play much against Dallas, averaging 11.6 minutes in the final five games after Spurs coach Gregg Popovich went small to better match up with Dirk Nowitzki. In contrast, the Heat often stayed big against the Mavericks because their power forward, Udonis Haslem, proved athletic enough to guard Nowitzki.

Nowitzki averaged 27.1 points on 52.7 percent shooting against the Spurs. Haslem, who was on the Spurs' summer-league team before signing with Miami three years ago, and James Posey helped limit Nowitzki to 22.8 points on 39 percent shooting.

"It was almost like (the Heat) said, 'Don't do what the Spurs did because they lost the series,'" Horry said.

"

Translated: Small ball blows.

bulletedge
06-22-2006, 06:46 AM
After the way "Whorry" played in the series against Dallas he should be ashamed to appear in public. His disappearing act was almost as convincing as Dirk's disappearing act in the Finals.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-22-2006, 06:57 AM
After the way "Whorry" played in the series against Dallas he should be ashamed to appear in public. His disappearing act was almost as convincing as Dirk's disappearing act in the Finals.
Except that Dirk is the 'superstar,' Horry is a role player. When role players don't step up in the playoffs, it sucks, but it happens. When superstars don't step up, what do they become?

bulletedge
06-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Except that Dirk is the 'superstar,' Horry is a role player. When role players don't step up in the playoffs, it sucks, but it happens. When superstars don't step up, what do they become?

Dirk has once again reverted to "role player"= slow, 7 foot white guy with outside shot who can't jump.

The reincarnation of former Laker Mel Counts. How many of you are old enough to remember seeing Counts play?

George Gervin's Afro
06-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Thanks big shot I could not have said it better myself..

:fro

SpurYank
06-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Let's face it. The way the Mavs went out, "wah, Wah, this isn't fair. We're good and you aren't letting us be good" will be telling on that team for a long time to come. Look for every one in the West to be after them. I don't think the Grizzlies are going to lie down for them next year, nor will anyone else.

They've peaked. It's downhill from now on. There were people up here who hated the Heat, Riley, and Shaq. They all started rooting for Miami once the Mavs revealed themselves.

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Yeah, except that if you gave Dirk five careers he would never have as many clutch shots as Horry does.

LEONARD
06-22-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way...

They've peaked. It's downhill from now on. There were people up here who hated the Heat, Riley, and Shaq. They all started rooting for Miami once the Mavs revealed themselves.

LOL...if they would've won the title it would've been he youngest starting line-up to ever do so. I don't think they're going anywhere for a few years at least...

bulletedge
06-22-2006, 07:32 AM
I don't know if the Mavs are on their way down or not. It all depends on how they respond next season to their collapse in the Finals. It may serve as a motivator for all of them to improve on their weaknesses.

When they watch the videos of the Finals games they will see the same things all of us saw. The challenge for them is to improve on those areas which were glaringly obvious flaws.

In my view, the main thing the Mavs need to improve on is mental toughness. They improved in that area about 1000% during year one under Avery. Can show further improvement in that area? Only time will tell.

Oh, and they need to ignore Cuban's idiotic blathering...just like most of us in Dallas do.

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 07:44 AM
I don't know if the Mavs are on their way down or not. It all depends on how they respond next season to their collapse in the Finals. It may serve as a motivator for all of them to improve on their weaknesses.

When they watch the videos of the Finals games they will see the same things all of us saw. The challenge for them is to improve on those areas which were glaringly obvious flaws.

In my view, the main thing the Mavs need to improve on is mental toughness. They improved in that area about 1000% during year one under Avery. Can show further improvement in that area? Only time will tell.

Oh, and they need to ignore Cuban's idiotic blathering...just like most of us in Dallas do.
i think the mavs need someone who can score inside consistently, same thing with the pistons. but thats easier said then done. either way the mavs arent going anywhere because they are still the best team in the west.

bulletedge
06-22-2006, 07:48 AM
i think the mavs need someone who can score inside consistently, same thing with the pistons. but thats easier said then done. either way the mavs arent going anywhere because they are still the best team in the west.

I agree that Dallas has a HUGE hole in the middle on the offensive end. But they have been looking for someone to fill that hole for 26 years...and I don't see any options for them to fill it during this offseason.

Dingle Barry
06-22-2006, 07:58 AM
his name is keith van horn

angel_luv
06-22-2006, 08:05 AM

That is the first time I have laughed since yesterday- and I was up a while (long enough to have).

Thanks Rob! You rock! :elephant hehe!

Also- sounds like he is not retiring. More good news- so long as he play for us. :)

kalikot_boy_kr
06-22-2006, 08:19 AM
:flag: :flag: :flag:
thanks HORRY! im happy about u say!!!! i feel a release! i felt im the only one hating this arrogant and morons mavs organization! go spurs fan!!! keep bashing!!!!!!

nkdlunch
06-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Horry is the fucking man. tell it like it is

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2006, 08:55 AM

Fixed...

Fuck small ball

pache100
06-22-2006, 09:19 AM
I am pretty sure Big Shot Rob speaks for us all in this article. Props, Rob. Here's to many more dagger 3's by you next season. *raises glass*

:elephant

MoSpur
06-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Robert Horry is awesome. He is only saying what the rest of the Spurs feel I believe, but he is the only one with the guts to say it.

angel_luv
06-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Robert Horry is awesome. He is only saying what the rest of the Spurs feel I believe, but he is the only one with the guts to say it.

That or maybe he is the only one not off somewhere exotic and thus has time to give quotes. :lol

clambake
06-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Horry's just pissed cuz mavs exposed his worn out, washed up game. He will be even SLOWER from now on. Not likely to see anymore playing time vs the mavs.

Just ask Pop. He'll tell you.

shelshor
06-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Dirk has once again reverted to "role player"= slow, 7 foot white guy with outside shot who can't jump.

The reincarnation of former Laker Mel Counts. How many of you are old enough to remember seeing Counts play?
If you can call it playing
I always liked to see Ol' Mel come into the game, 'cause I knew the Lakers were about to fall behind
For you younger folks, Counts made Shawn Bradley look like Dr J

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Horry's just pissed cuz mavs exposed his worn out, washed up game. He will be even SLOWER from now on. Not likely to see anymore playing time vs the mavs.

He's pissed because your team is a bunch of cheap shot thugs and he hates losing. Don't you have a parade to go to?

cherylsteele
06-22-2006, 11:10 AM
He's pissed because your team is a bunch of cheap shot thugs and he hates losing. Don't you have a parade to go to?
He didn't read the memo that the Mavs lost....he went anyways and waited all day in the hot sun...and now he is pissed too. :lol

ambchang
06-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Gotta love Horry, and I agree with him. I thought I would be rooting for the Mavs after they beat the Spurs, and as much as I hate Shaq, I was actually relieved when I saw the Heat won it all.
BTW, I thought the Mavs would win it all because of the way the supporting cast stepped up in earlier rounds, but it turned out it was just a hot streak. They also proved that when the support cast suffers, it's so much easier to shut down the top dog.

SA210
06-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Johnny Ludden

Robert Horry watched only the closing two minutes of Miami's clinching victory in the NBA Finals on Tuesday night. It was enough, however, to make him smile.
If Horry and the Spurs couldn't win another title, he at least was glad Dallas fell short in its quest to win its first.

"That's the first time I ever rooted for the East," Horry said. "You usually never root for the East, you root for the West. But the way (the Mavericks) acted, it just put a bad taste in my mouth.

"All the whining Dallas did, the way (owner Mark) Cuban acted, the way (assistant coach) Del Harris acted on the sideline a couple of times, I was happy to see Dallas lose."
While Cuban and Dallas coach Avery Johnson were criticized for their behavior after losing Game 5 of the Finals, Horry didn't like how the Mavericks acted while eliminating the Spurs in the Western Conference semifinals.

In addition to saying that Mavericks guard Jason Terry didn't deserve to be suspended for hitting Michael Finley in the groin, Cuban called Tim Duncan a "crybaby," labeled Spurs fans the "rudest" in the league, and called the River Walk "an ugly-ass, muddy-watered thing." :stfu

Harris also mocked Duncan for complaining about calls during Game 4 of that series, Horry said. :flipoff
"I know the one game we won in Dallas, Avery was crying about the refs," Horry said. "I was like, 'You're crying about the refs?' We're the only ones who should be crying about the refs. We're the ones who are down in the series.

"There were just a lot of things that they did that I didn't think were characteristic of a team that's supposed to be in the (top) class." :clap

Horry, who turns 36 in August, jokingly called himself a "dinosaur" during the playoffs but still thinks he has enough left to contribute. He has two years remaining on his contract but said he might retire after next season.

"My ultimate goal is to play 15 (years), and this would be 15," Horry said. "But if I'm feeling spry, I'll keep going."
Translated:

"We were screwed"

"Mavs are pansies"

"F*** small ball"

Congrats to Horry for having the guts to say it.

Pistonfan1
06-22-2006, 11:33 AM
:lol Mav fans talking about losing game 6 of the finals is a moral victory hahahahahahaha. Suns with Amare back>>>>>>>Mavs. A rejuvinated and reloaded spurs team>>>>>>>>Mavs. Mavs had a fluke bullshit season and couldnt get the fucking job done. You choked and you fuckers will never recover from this especially when you have become known as a team of pussy ass crybabies. Face it mav fans you had your best shot at a title and you choked when it was on the line. Dirk pussied out in the 4th of game 6 when the refs didnt bail him out. Winners want the ball and Dirk isnt that and it showed. Enjoy the offseason fuckers!!

loveforthegame
06-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Thank you, Horry.

Now get in shape and be ready for the new season.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-22-2006, 12:00 PM
isn't del harris the coach that stepped out on the court in front of the guy on the opposing team during a fast break because he was mad at the officials. that explains why dallas has him. the guy didn't know what hit him and harris didn't even look at the guy on the floor. he was just yelling at the ref. it was about 10 or so years ago.

texasqb2
06-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Yeah but I didn't like Horry going off on the spurs after they lost about not being in great shape and all this. Horry was terrible in the playoffs, he has nothing left, I wish he would retire.

gospursgojas
06-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Props to Horry for nutting up and saying something... Hopfully the rest of the team feels that same bad taste in thier mouth and come back and dominate

Winnipeg_Spur
06-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Mavs lost for exactly the same reason everyone hates them: they have zero character. Wade has more heart than the entire Mavs organization...

gospursgojas
06-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Mavs lost for exactly the same reason everyone hates them: they have zero character. Wade has more heart than the entire Mavs organization...

:tu

mabber
06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
damn horry hates the mavs alot doesnt he? :lol

Yeah, and he knows he can get away with saying that stuff now since he knows he won't be playing much vs. the Mavs to have to back up his smack :lol

A player that knows he has to play against that team a lot in the future would never say that even if they believe it.

gospursgojas
06-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Yeah, and he knows he can get away with saying that stuff now since he knows he won't be playing much vs. the Mavs to have to back up his smack :lol

A player that knows he has to play against that team a lot in the future would never say that even if they believe it.

Because Rob is ascared of the Mavs right?? :rolleyes

mabber
06-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Because Rob is ascared of the Mavs right?? :rolleyes

Exactly :smokin

DallasFan
06-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Too bad you guys don't have another sports team to latch on to...or let me guess...you're Cowboys fans!?

Guess you'll be at this all summer long...still don't understand why SA fans hate Mavs fans (don't give me the cry baby crap)...but at least we have other teams.

mabber
06-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Too bad you guys don't have another sports team to latch on to...or let me guess...you're Cowboys fans!?

Guess you'll be at this all summer long...still don't understand why SA fans hate Mavs fans (don't give me the cry baby crap)...but at least we have other teams.

They do have another team. They have a WNBA team :lol

picnroll
06-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Actually SA would likely have a NFL football team except Jones keeps blocking it. One more reason Dallas sucks ass.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Good.

He should be glad, we are too. Note his comment on the Heat not going small. :D I hope this means:

1) It won't happen next year (not as long during games, anyways. Maybe just here and there)
2) I hope he's not trying to second guess Pop, rather he's just stating what him and Pop and the Spurs in general believe...that the Spurs going small was a mistake. Last thing we need is internal controversy.

RonMexico
06-22-2006, 02:19 PM
This article is great - Horry has confirmed all the things that happen "behind the scenes" (aka the stuff on the court that we can't always see and hear) to prove the Mavs are classless from the top-down.

Del Harris is a nobody failure of a coach who got swept by SA when he was coaching the Lakers and he was making fun of Duncan?

Josh Howard said D-Wade couldn't shoot from the outside?
Whoops!

Dirk should have been MVP?
Yeah, MVP of first 3 quarters...

I'm really glad Horry was man enough to say what the rest of us feel and the thing is - he has the rings and the clutch shots to back it all up (*cough* Mavs biggest choke-job in NBA history *cough*).

On another note, I never watch "Quite Frankly" because I hate Stephen A. Smith, but I watched a few minutes because Mark Aguirre was on and talking about the Finals and he made a really good point that I had noticed throughout the playoffs: Dirk tried so hard to look for the contact that it became his crutch - he never attempted to play through the contact and therefore was lost in late-game situations. I made this point earlier when Mavs fag-fans started complaining about Ginobili flopping and I just made the point that Ginobili attacks the basket to score and will often get a 3-point opportunity, while Dirk just "attacks" (if we can use that word) to awkwardly fall down and throw the ball in the air to maybe get 2 at the line. He never actually tries to get to the basket and score which never made any sense to me, and it's nice seeing a 2-time champion and former badass in Aguirre calling him out...

Please_dont_ban_me
06-22-2006, 02:25 PM
^ Del Harris (the assistant coach), not Devin Harris.

RonMexico
06-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Sorry, I mis-read the article... corrected now

mabber
06-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Good.

He should be glad, we are too. Note his comment on the Heat not going small. :D I hope this means:

1) It won't happen next year (not as long during games, anyways. Maybe just here and there)
2) I hope he's not trying to second guess Pop, rather he's just stating what him and Pop and the Spurs in general believe...that the Spurs going small was a mistake. Last thing we need is internal controversy.

It was a big mistake by the Spurs. The Heat didn't go small and they controlled the boards for most of the series. That was the biggest difference in the series. The Mavs had one the boards in all 16-17 of their prior playoff games until the finals. 2nd shots were few and far between against the Heat and the Mavs lived on those vs. the Suns & Spurs.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Sorry, I mis-read the article... corrected now

If I'm not wrong, Kurt Rambis was the coach of that team. Not Del Harris.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-22-2006, 02:50 PM
It was a big mistake by the Spurs. The Heat didn't go small and they controlled the boards for most of the series. That was the biggest difference in the series. The Mavs had one the boards in all 16-17 of their prior playoff games until the finals. 2nd shots were few and far between against the Heat and the Mavs lived on those vs. the Suns & Spurs.

The key IMO was Horry. He showed he couldn't effectively guard Dirk while Haslem showed he could.

Trainwreck2100
06-22-2006, 02:58 PM
All he had to say was "fuck the Mavs" That other stuff was basically filler.

Mavs_man_41
06-22-2006, 03:18 PM

amen

mabber
06-22-2006, 03:23 PM
The key IMO was Horry. He showed he couldn't effectively guard Dirk while Haslem showed he could.

Very true, and while Bowen is a great defender...Haslem did a much better job on Dirk cuz he's a little taller & bigger than Bowen. I became a big fan of Haslem after watching him in the finals. He can play on my team anyday.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Very true, and while Bowen is a great defender...Haslem did a much better job on Dirk cuz he's a little taller & bigger than Bowen. I became a big fan of Haslem after watching him in the finals. He can play on my team anyday.

Also, Haslem wore him down. So even when the smaller defenders were on Dirk he was a little beat from Haslem, and couldn't quite maneuver and lift as much as he could in the Spurs series.

You can't give a great scorer the same look 7 games in a row. We did that. Finley/Bowen/Manu are all very similar defenders.

Crookshanks
06-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Dirk just "attacks" (if we can use that word) to awkwardly fall down and throw the ball in the air to maybe get 2 at the line. He never actually tries to get to the basket and score

That's a good point - now that I think about it, how many "and 1's" did Dirk get? It seems like he just mainly had 2 freethrows, not too many fouls driving and scoring.

mavsfan1000
06-22-2006, 04:26 PM
The irony that is the guy on the spurs team I dislike the most as well. Cocky motherfucker.

mardigan
06-22-2006, 04:28 PM
James Posey also did a good job on Dirk when he had too as well

mabber
06-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Also, Haslem wore him down. So even when the smaller defenders were on Dirk he was a little beat from Haslem, and couldn't quite maneuver and lift as much as he could in the Spurs series.

You can't give a great scorer the same look 7 games in a row. We did that. Finley/Bowen/Manu are all very similar defenders.

I totally agree with you.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-22-2006, 04:59 PM
I totally agree with you.

Let's party. :elephant

miss paxton
06-22-2006, 05:07 PM
That's a good point - now that I think about it, how many "and 1's" did Dirk get? It seems like he just mainly had 2 freethrows, not too many fouls driving and scoring.

Well, game 7 against the Spurs comes to mind. I don't know if you were just referring to the Finals, though.

Fabbs
06-22-2006, 05:07 PM

Am i hearing another call for Fabs Oberto?

Horry. While I'm fine with Manus decision to drive and shoot as Tim Dunkan was there for the O board and Mavs foul, I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Manu tossed it out to Big Shot Bob in the corner.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Am i hearing another call for Fabs Oberto?

*puke*

Hell, no.

GrandeDavid
06-22-2006, 05:25 PM

:lol

Hook Dem
06-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Exactly....that zero character includes Terry, Stackhouse, and Nocharacterwitzki!!!!

greens
06-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah but I didn't like Horry going off on the spurs after they lost about not being in great shape and all this. Horry was terrible in the playoffs, he has nothing left, I wish he would retire.

See, I don't agree with that...because Horry barely got any minutes at all! He never got the chance to shine because Pop decided to go with small ball instead...So I don't see how we can really evaluate his performance when he did not get the minutes...

I hope he plays for the Spurs for at least three more years...He is known for big shots...So I don't think he needs the great shape or anything to pull of clutch shots...Having said that, I still think he is in great shape...Just like Bruce, Horry still has years left in him...

Also let's remember that our regular lineup had the best record this year...It's just that Pop decided to go with small ball, which I honestly believe cost the Spurs the title...Yes, I know that Manu made that bad foul, and that Tim wasn't able to put back twice before going to overtime in two games and then loosing those games...ULTIMATELY, I feel that if Pop used the same lineup that even got us our amazing record, we would have won in 5 or 6 games...we never even would have been 1-3...We would not have been in that situation to begin with. Instead just cuz we lost game two by a lot of points, Pop switched EVERYTHING around...no team would be able to adjust to that kind of drastic change so quickly...That's why it showed to me that the Spurs team is so incredibly strong that they were almost able to win it all in that Dallas series had it not been for Manu. It just showed that our team had so much courage and strength to go from 1-3 deficit to Game 7 and almost winning it all...Even in Game 7, they were down as much as 20 points and were still able to come back...

Looking at it now, it reminds me of 2004 when we were so close to winning but that .4 had happened, but Lakers did not win the title, Pistons did...So you see a pattern, we were supposed to win the Dallas series, but then the Manu foul occured, but Dallas still lost the title to Miami...Maybe certain things are meant to be...Like next year, imagine Miami vs Spurs, with Spurs winning...That would be great....

Anyway, I'm glad to hear Horry's thoughts are exactly like mine...Pop did have a lot to do with our loss...Always stick to your game, don't change for anyone else...that's what I say...And how Horry talked about the Mavs is how I feel about them...They have no class, it's that simple...

Amarelooms
06-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Horry needs to work on his game and worry less about the Mavs. What a clown this guy is...same cat that threw a towel in his coaches face while in Phoenix. If anyone has NO CLASS it's him......

Amarelooms
06-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Also for the person who implied that Wade showed the Mavs that he can shoot.....ummm not exactly. What was his %....pretty sure something like 42....not exactly a "shooter". If you add the fact that dude made a bunch of layups and close shots it's even worse. Of course we all know probably 40% of points came from the line.

Buddy Holly
06-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Bowen also ripped them today at some HEB health thing.

lol

greens
06-22-2006, 07:49 PM

I'd agree with that if Bruce was on Dirk the entire series...but he wasn't...In the first game, when Bruce was guarding him, the Spurs had won. But in the later games, the other Mavs players got really hot very quickly, so Pop logically moved his best defender, Bowen, on whoever was getting hot...So Finley ended up guarding Dirk most of the time, while Bruce was trying to get all the other supporting players, like Stackhouse, Howard, etc...to cool down...I remember the sports analysts were saying that there was not enough of Bruce to go around cuz the Mavs players were getting hot very quickly and you only have one Bruce...Finley had said that obviously he could not guard Dirk like Bruce did cuz he has never even been in the any of the NBA ALL defensive teams...lol...

I actually think that Bruce did an amazing job on Dirk, the best defender I've ever seen...He blocked shots on Dirk, stole balls from him, made him commit mental errors...he totally harassed him...BUT Pop then decided to put Bruce on the other players because they were all scoring huge numbers at the time...I think that was a big mistake too...but Pop had said that it was better that Dirk got his numbers while the other players cooled off...One smart play was to put Bruce back on Dirk during the elimination play where he blocked his shot and thus even gave us a shot at winning the series. I don't think Haslem would have blocked that shot...

I just think the Miami had bigger and stronger other defenders as well...I don't think Manu and Tony defended the other Mavs players as well as the Miami Heat did...It seemed to me that the defense as a whole was better on the Miami team BECAUSE Pop had decided to go small while Riley kept his line up...

Haslem earned my respect though. He was amazing. I'd rate Haslem as the number two best defender in my eyes in the league, well behind Bruce...Haslem was great against Dirk, but you also have to give the other Miami heat players the credit for doing great defense too...Alonzo was also terrific as a defender...And so were the other players...

And I agree with Horry, I also had a smile on my face when Miami had won! Wade was just phenomenal...and he did indeed have more heart than the rest of the Mavs players...

Louie Vega
06-22-2006, 08:18 PM

Dallas Choked asswipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 Straight losses in the Finals?????
Horry has 6 rings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dork has none!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
The joke is on you asswipe!!!!!!!!!!!

Louie Vega
06-22-2006, 08:27 PM
I fucken love Horry !!!!!!!!!!
Horry obviously was not impressed by this Dallas squad. Winning 6 rings will do that to you.

baseline bum
06-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Also for the person who implied that Wade showed the Mavs that he can shoot.....ummm not exactly. What was his %....pretty sure something like 42....not exactly a "shooter". If you add the fact that dude made a bunch of layups and close shots it's even worse. Of course we all know probably 40% of points came from the line.

Are you kidding me? Were you too drunk during the games to remember all the Kobe-move fallaways he was hitting nothing but net in the fourth automatically from game 1 of the Detroit series on? Wade shot 47% in the Finals.

kalikot_boy_kr
06-22-2006, 09:54 PM
hahahha! bad character difines this team>>>mavs..

Deb
06-22-2006, 10:03 PM
:lol :lol :lol Yea, that Wade is such a loser :lol :lol :lol

angel_luv
06-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Bruce just made fun of the Mavs losing... boo hoo poor them... on Woai news.

He rocks! :elephant

greens
06-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Bruce just made fun of the Mavs losing... boo hoo poor them... on Woai news.

He rocks! :elephant

Yay...I wanna hear his comments...Do you have a link to the article?

jman3000
06-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Dallas Choked asswipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 Straight losses in the Finals?????
Horry has 6 rings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dork has none!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
The joke is on you asswipe!!!!!!!!!!!

Kalikot? Your pink dancing elephants are sorely missed from this post.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-23-2006, 12:54 AM
What did Bruce say?

SA210
06-23-2006, 12:56 AM
I must know what Bruce said.

judaspriestess
06-23-2006, 01:35 AM
:lol Mav fans talking about losing game 6 of the finals is a moral victory hahahahahahaha. Suns with Amare back>>>>>>>Mavs. A rejuvinated and reloaded spurs team>>>>>>>>Mavs. Mavs had a fluke bullshit season and couldnt get the fucking job done. You choked and you fuckers will never recover from this especially when you have become known as a team of pussy ass crybabies. Face it mav fans you had your best shot at a title and you choked when it was on the line. Dirk pussied out in the 4th of game 6 when the refs didnt bail him out. Winners want the ball and Dirk isnt that and it showed. Enjoy the offseason fuckers!!
:elephant

:drunk have a muddy water mudslide on me mavpricks!! :spin

Karma = ain't it a bitch?

Old School Chic
06-23-2006, 01:46 AM
That is the first time I have laughed since yesterday- and I was up a while (long enough to have).

Thanks Rob! You rock! :elephant hehe!

Also- sounds like he is not retiring. More good news- so long as he play for us. :)

I hope he makes it many more years. Robert Horry is a class act :elephant

Please_dont_ban_me
06-23-2006, 02:43 AM
I must know what Bruce said.

Just saw it on the WOAI...

It went something like "There's a few guys on the Heat I'm happy to see win it. As for Mavericks boo hoo, they faced so much adversity...give me a break." :D I'm paraphrashing, I could be a litte off but that's pretty much what he said.

He ended it with "I think I'm saying too much now".

Obstructed_View
06-23-2006, 02:56 AM
I just think the Miami had bigger and stronger other defenders as well...
The Spurs' bigger and stronger other defenders were on the bench. :)

I agree with your assessment about Bowen, but I think his moving around was as much due to the fact that Smallball couldn't contain anybody and Pop kept trying to plug bruce into the holes in the dam.

violentkitten
06-23-2006, 03:18 AM
all the players love cuban.

right. as long as the check clears.

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 07:34 AM
We didn't choke when we played the Spurs did we (or did the Spurs)? We still have a young team...we'lll be back!

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 07:35 AM
They do have another team. They have a WNBA team :lol

Well, then your NBA team lost to a WNBA team... :princess

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Actually SA would likely have a NFL football team except Jones keeps blocking it. One more reason Dallas sucks ass.

WTF? Blame it on Jones, huh? :lol

Listen guys, I like the Spurs...I think it sucks the way some of our fans dissed Finley too. I still don't get why you guys hate our team...we are a Texas team and Avery is trying to instill the Spurs' mentality into our team.

Say what you want about Cuban, but where would our team be w/out him? He did go a little overboard, but we will never have to worry about a sub 50 win team on the floor, eh? :drunk

Obstructed_View
06-23-2006, 07:36 AM
I thought the league was fixed?

Sportcamper
06-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Remember the days when "Big Shot Rob"...Let his game do all the talking.... :smokin

mabber
06-23-2006, 09:48 AM
The Spurs' bigger and stronger other defenders were on the bench. :)

I agree with your assessment about Bowen, but I think his moving around was as much due to the fact that Smallball couldn't contain anybody and Pop kept trying to plug bruce into the holes in the dam.

I'm fairly certain that is exactly his point as well. It makes some sense, but I do think that Haslem bothered Dirk a little more than Bowen did. In the end it doesn't matter...what matters is that unless Dirk learns a post up game (farther down than 15 ft) he will have to deal with the Bowens & Haslems of the league and they make it tough on him.

judaspriestess
06-23-2006, 11:53 AM
We didn't choke when we played the Spurs did we (or did the Spurs)? We still have a young team...we'lll be back!

:lol - NO but the Spurs have never CHOKED in the Finals which is the worst choke ever. In front of the WORLD broadcast to 180 countries. Don't even try to minimize or justify your teams all time greatest choke. All talk when it really counted.

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 12:08 PM
:lol - NO but the Spurs have never CHOKED in the Finals which is the worst choke ever. In front of the WORLD broadcast to 180 countries. Don't even try to minimize or justify your teams all time greatest choke. All talk when it really counted.

I think it was more of overconfidence than anything...they did choke at the free throw line, however in game 3. That's what pissed me off, more than the "calls".

Don't talk too much crap...I've seen the Spurs choke plenty of times at the line...mostly in the Dallas series. :angel

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-23-2006, 01:02 PM

if you're Horry then why do you say "My boy RObert Horry" in your sig? :lol

mavsfan1000
06-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Mavs choked but remember 2003-2004 Lakers vs. Spurs? Spurs lost 4 straight games to the Lakers. I guess the team that plays slower finds a way in slowing down the tempo eventually and that is what Miami did.

Leetonidas
06-23-2006, 04:15 PM

You almost lost a 3-1 lead and blew a 20 point lead in Game 7. If not for Manu's foul, that would probably have gone down as one of the biggest choke jobs ever.

ratm1221
06-23-2006, 04:31 PM
This just in.. Horry made another statement to the media...

"I, Mr. Horry, am a peter puffer. Thats right. A grade A, first class, huffing, peter puffer. Thank you and good night."

ChumpDumper
06-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Mavfan is bitter.

bulletedge
06-23-2006, 05:22 PM
I hope that Horry is back....as long as he can continue the level of play he displayed against the Mavs this year in the playoffs.

OK...before you guys get the chance..."Horry has how many rings??? Mavs have zero rings.....STFU you ignorant fan of the choking Mavs."

There, saved some of you guys a post.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-24-2006, 12:32 AM
I hope that Horry is back....as long as he can continue the level of play he displayed against the Mavs this year in the playoffs.

OK...before you guys get the chance..."Horry has how many rings??? Mavs have zero rings.....STFU you ignorant fan of the choking Mavs."

There, saved some of you guys a post.

Horry is past his prime, with a fistful of rings.

You guys are in your prime...with no rings to show for it. Just pray the window of opportunity doesn't close on you like it has for so many other good NBA teams in history :D. (see: utah, phoenix, knicks...)