PDA

View Full Version : What are your driving Pet Peeves?

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 08:43 AM
My biggest driving pet peeve: Assholes who don't use the turning lane to make an ACTUAL TURN!

This pet peeve is followed closely by dumbasses who leave about 10 feet of space between their car and the car in front of them...and still manage to hit the breaks for no damn reason. :flipoff

Philly drivers are the second worst drivers in the US, after Jersey drivers.

So what annoying habits drive you mad when driving? :eyebrows

Marklar MM
06-22-2006, 08:46 AM
When someone pulls out in front of you when there are other open lanes.
When someone decides to turn on their blinker at the last moment possible, or not at all.

CharlieMac
06-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Driving.

angel_luv
06-22-2006, 09:13 AM
People who never use their turn signal.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 09:15 AM
^:oops I do that a lot so I can't really say anything

DFW Spurs
06-22-2006, 09:15 AM
People who squeeze in front of you when there's only a few feet between you and the car that was in front of you in the first place. Some dumb bitch did that to me this morning. She almost side swiped me. I hate Dallas traffic.

angel_luv
06-22-2006, 09:23 AM
^:oops I do that a lot so I can't really say anything

Are you sure? I have never seen you. :)

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 09:26 AM
People who don't pull out into the intersection while they're waiting for oncoming traffic to pass so they can make a left turn.

People who swing wide right to make a left turn (and vice versa) as if they're driving an 18-wheeler.

Tybalt
06-22-2006, 09:28 AM
girl drivers...they just dont know how to drive

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 09:32 AM
^:lol That's what my BF says.

Tybalt
06-22-2006, 09:32 AM
you have a b/f???? oh man im so disappointed

pache100
06-22-2006, 09:33 AM
My biggest driving pet peeve: Assholes who don't use the turning lane to make an ACTUAL TURN!

And, it's against the law to use that lane for anything BUT turning left out of the main lanes of traffic. I know several people who have gotten tickets n Universal City for using it to get out of parking lots and into traffic going in the opposite direction.

My pet peeves:

1. People who approach an intersection with no turn signal and then turn (and you could have gone if you'd known they were turning, but now are stuck)
2. Tailgaters on the freeway (get off my butt!)
3. People who WON'T GO on the freeway and clog up the whole road and slow traffic to a crawl (witness the interchange at IH-35 and Loop 1604 in front of the Forum...WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY SLOWING DOWN FOR? GO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!)
4. People who leave their turn signals on when they are NOT turning
5. People on FM78 going 50 mph and will not pull over to the side and let the people doing the speed limit (65 mph) pass; the road is wide enough for that, but is not marked "Slower traffic keep right" because it's not a true 4-lane road.
6. People who pull out in front of you (when there is not another car in sight behind you when you are doing the speed limit and just sit there...if you are gonna pull out in front of me...GO! If you aren't going to GO, wait until I pass before you pull out. It's not rocket surgery.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 09:42 AM
And, it's against the law to use that lane for anything BUT turning left out of the main lanes of traffic. I know several people who have gotten tickets n Universal City for using it to get out of parking lots and into traffic going in the opposite direction.

Ohhh you're right, that's another pet peeve of mine. You find that a lot as you drive into the City here, dumbasses who park in the turning lanes or park their with their "emergency lights" blinking as if that makes it better. Grrr.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 09:43 AM
you have a b/f???? oh man im so disappointed

:oops Have you met Angel_Luv, she's 10x prettier than me :angel

angel_luv
06-22-2006, 09:44 AM
:oops Have you met Angel_Luv, she's 10x prettier than me :angel

I swear I posted in the Marklar thread before I came here.

:D

Another peeve: People who take a yield sign to be a stop sign.

emo serb
06-22-2006, 09:46 AM
I hate it when you're behind someone slow, and when you finally get the chance to pass they start to speed up when you're next to them, so you either have to floor it to get in front of them or pull back in behind them.

angel_luv
06-22-2006, 09:49 AM
I hate it when you're behind someone slow, and when you finally get the chance to pass they start to speed up when you're next to them, so you either have to floor it to get in front of them or pull back in behind them.

That too!

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 09:49 AM

Ahh good one. The reverse also is annoying. People who take a 4-way stop sign to be a yield sign.

angel_luv
06-22-2006, 09:50 AM
People who drive 35-40 on the high way.

CubanMustGo
I swear I posted in the Marklar thread before I came here.

Umm, far worse are people who take a stop sign (or light!) to be a yield. It's an epidemic in Dallas.

1Parker1

:lol I usually do that purposely to people who are tailgating me.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Oh yea, another one: OLD PEOPLE DRIVING (sorry Dad!)

pache100

Yes. And vice versa...people who take a stop sign to be a yield sign.

angel_luv
And my ultimate peeve: People who are not Spurs when I look over to see who is passing me or who is at the light with me.

:lol

CubanMustGo
06-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Oops, I forgot one:

Mav fans who didn't have the guts to put flags, bumper stickers, etc. on their cars until they finally beat the Spurs. :lol

CharlieMac
06-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Kerry 2004 or Bush 2004 bumper stickers.

pache100
06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Kerry 2004 or Bush 2004 bumper stickers.

I hate those "W" stickers. I got this one, but I never put it on my truck because I don't like bumper stickers on my vehicles.

http://i6.tinypic.com/157zuqt.gif

xrayzebra
06-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Driving pet peeves. Why I have none. Everyone drives so nice. And so
courteous. The Texas Friendly Way. :angel

Vizzini
06-22-2006, 10:06 AM
6. People who pull out in front of you (when there is not another car in sight behind you when you are doing the speed limit and just sit there...if you are gonna pull out in front of me...GO! If you aren't going to GO, wait until I pass before you pull out. It's not rocket surgery.

Amen, amen!!!!!!!! I absolutley hate it when those asshole pull out in front of you and f'n putz on down the road while there is no one behind you, and they should've waited to go, but no, those dickheads have to pull out in front of you. If you are going to pull out in front of me, you sure as shit better get your ass in gear and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Someone has serious Road Rage I see. :lol

tlongII
06-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Asian women drivers.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Asian women drivers.

???

atxrocker
06-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Oh yea, another one: OLD PEOPLE DRIVING (sorry Dad!)

among my MANY driving pet peeves this is probably my #1

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 12:04 PM
My number one pet peeve? People who do stupid shit because other people violate their "driving pet peeves".

Examples:

Someone is tailgating you so when they try to pass you you speed up. Yeah, way to make an unsafe situation better. Yeah, I'm talking to you 1P1!

Someone cuts you off so you cut them off. Fucking retarded.

That kind of shit really pisses me off. Why can't people just drive? I hate when people will speed up to get in front of you to exit when there is no one behind you for miles. You don't get somewhere any faster and you make an unsafe situation. I hate people that change lanes into the space infront of me for no reason.

Also, it worries me that people don't understand that yeild signs sometimes mean that you have to stop. Yeild does not equal merge. Those are 2 different things. Yeild signs sometimes need to be treated like stop signs.

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2006, 12:09 PM
:lmao

Then you should hang out with me and my buddies.

We were on a major road going 10 MPH and everyone was flipping out with their horns...

Then, we got stopped by a red light, and we were the first car in line, and when it turned green we didn't move for about a minute. Then once we did we took off.

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2006, 12:11 PM
People who don't use turn signals are retarded, especially on major roads.

I fucking hate having to slam on the breaks because some retard doesn't use their turn signals.

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2006, 12:13 PM
I hate tailgaters, and believe me I do NOT drive slow. There is no reason to be that close behind a car in front of you. No reason at all.

I swear, one of these days I'm gonna have to give a tailgater a nice break check. If they hit me, it's their fault.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Other drivers.
Oh, and roadwork that occurs at night.
EVERY fuckin' freeway out here has work being done on at it at night, and as someone who has to drive at night, that shit is completely annoying!

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Alvarez, how the heck do you even have your license yet? Don't you have to be 18 I believe according to recent PA law?

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 12:44 PM
My number one pet peeve? People who do stupid shit because other people violate their "driving pet peeves".

Examples:

Someone is tailgating you so when they try to pass you you speed up. Yeah, way to make an unsafe situation better. Yeah, I'm talking to you 1P1!

Someone cuts you off so you cut them off. Fucking retarded.

That kind of shit really pisses me off. Why can't people just drive? I hate when people will speed up to get in front of you to exit when there is no one behind you for miles. You don't get somewhere any faster and you make an unsafe situation. I hate people that change lanes into the space infront of me for no reason.

Also, it worries me that people don't understand that yeild signs sometimes mean that you have to stop. Yeild does not equal merge. Those are 2 different things. Yeild signs sometimes need to be treated like stop signs.

:lol When in Rome....

sa_butta
06-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Another peeve: People who take a yield sign to be a stop sign.But at the same time I hate when people dont yield at all when I am coming off the highway. I see more drivers just completely ignore yield signs.

LuvBones
06-22-2006, 12:45 PM
All of the above are my pet peeves! I think I have road rage now because of the stupidity of some drivers. :lol

The worst would have to be slow cars in the left lane. If you want to go slower than the speed limit, you have no business in the left lane. Oh and another is drivers on their cell phones. I don't know how many times I've almost been crushed by people talking on their cell phones while driving and not paying attention to other cars on the road!! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/madrun.gif

Jules
06-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Men trying to hook-up while driving. There is no way I'd pull over to meet some random cat on the road.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Men trying to hook-up while driving. There is no way I'd pull over to meet some random cat on the road.

:tu Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot this one. What the hell are guys thinking when they do this? Do they really think I'm going to give them my name and phone number while we're stopped at a red light?!

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 01:12 PM
:tu Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot this one. What the hell are guys thinking when they do this? Do they really think I'm going to give them my name and phone number while we're stopped at a red light?!

I assume these are rhetorical questions.

LuvBones
06-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Do people not know how to take a curve in the road? It sucks taking I-10 W from downtown.. where the highway curves a little, practically everyone slows down to a stop. Traffic jam here we come.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I assume these are rhetorical questions.

You'd assume right, unless of course you have a justifiable answer for your kind. :lol

AlamoSpursFan
06-22-2006, 01:19 PM

HELL YES MANNY!!!

Here's a little tip for my fellow motorists, if you are on the access road approaching a yield sign and you see a Frito Lay 18 wheeler exiting the highway, I STRONGLY suggest you stop, because I DO NOT YIELD to idiots who don't know what a yield sign means. Unless you want a big white scrape down the side of your vehicle, of course. Just the other day, some moron in a Jeep Cherokee failed to yield to me at the southbound exit off of 35 at Eisenhower. I ran her into the next lane and blew the horn at her which prompted her to flip me off. SHE violated the law, SHE almost caused an accident, which would have been HER fault and she flips ME off. I almost died laughing.

Since we're having a traffic pet peeves discussion, let's tackle the following issue: ENTERING THE FREEWAY (EXPRESSWAY, HIGHWAY, INTERSTATE, ETC...)

Here's a tip: HIT THE FREAKING GAS! It is NOT, contrary to popular belief, the responsibility of highway traffic to match YOUR speed.

After 15 years of truck driving, I no longer move over or slow down to let oncoming traffic on the highway. Here's why: Many (most) folks timidly enter the freeway, and when you move over, they either suddenly realize they have a gas pedal and punch it, when if they did that to begin with, you wouldn't have had to move over, or they match speed with you and keep you from getting back over.

Plus, with the sudden popularity of idiotic "No Trucks In The Left Lane" laws, I just flat refuse to move over. Don't like it? Contact your congressperson, city councilperson, or other elected official, and point out the idiocy of restricting the largest vehicles on the road to the 2 lanes in which most traffic moves occur.

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 01:22 PM
You'd assume right, unless of course you have a justifiable answer for your kind. :lol

Yes, I do.

I know I speak for all men when I say the answer is:

'Cause some day it might work.

AlamoSpursFan
06-22-2006, 01:23 PM
And back to the yield sign point, I'm going to hit someone SOON on the 1604 access road going west at the 281 interchange. The next person who yields at THAT particular yield sign will be the first.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Yes, I do.

I know I speak for all men when I say the answer is:

'Cause some day it might work.

Do guys actually want the kind of girls who are easy enough to give them their name and number at a red light?

EDIT: I think I just answered that question :lol

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh, I also can't stand people who don't know how to park their cars within the confines of the bold white lines in a parking lot. Is it really that hard to do?

Ginofan
06-22-2006, 01:29 PM
EFFING TOURISTS!!!!

God I can't stand them! People who don't know where the fuck they are going and instead of pulling over to go over your destination plan you decide to stop in the middle of a busy road so that all of us have to slam the breaks. Or you decide to make a quick right turn from the LEFT lane. God they are so fucking annoying. Or when I'm driving downtown and get behind some fucker who has to drive super fucking slow to check out all the touristy shit around that area. Gimmie a break man, I'm trying to get home!

I'm also on the slow left lane people bandwagon. I seriously hate hate HATE that. I was driving down 181 towards Floresville one evening. 181 has a speed limit of 65 mostly and some areas it's 70. I some how end up behind some dumb broad going 50mph in the left lane. I follow for a few minutes thinking she'll see me and move over, but nooooo of course not. So I flash my bright lights at her thinking she'll definitely see me now and move over. Not the case. I finally move over beside her and give the birdie as I'm passing her and she has the audacity to honk at me. Seriously wtf! People are fucking retarded when it comes to driving.

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Parking a Tahoe is hard.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Oh, I also can't stand people who don't know how to park their cars within the confines of the bold white lines in a parking lot. Is it really that hard to do?

No shit!
Especially those arrogant fucks who have to take up 3-4 spaces because they are of the belief that THEIR vehicle reigns supreme above all the rest in the lot!
Those assholes deserve key jobs based on that principle alone!

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Do guys actually want the kind of girls who are easy enough to give them their name and number at a red light?

EDIT: I think I just answered that question :lol

If they look good enough to ask for the digits, then being easy would be a bonus.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Especially those arrogant fucks who have to take up 3-4 spaces because they are of the belief that THEIR vehicle reigns supreme above all the rest in the lot!
!

Yea...kinda like those people who drive Tahoes (Looking at Shoogarbear)

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Man, those motherfuckers who take up more than one space in the front of a parking lot make me want to grab a bat and take it to their damn car. Thats such shit.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 01:34 PM
I have anger mangement issues. :D

pache100
06-22-2006, 01:40 PM
I hate tailgaters, and believe me I do NOT drive slow. There is no reason to be that close behind a car in front of you. No reason at all. I swear, one of these days I'm gonna have to give a tailgater a nice break check. If they hit me, it's their fault.

:We were on a major road going 10 MPH and everyone was flipping out with their horns...Then, we got stopped by a red light, and we were the first car in line, and when it turned green we didn't move for about a minute. Then once we did we took off.

http://i5.tinypic.com/158axog.gif http://i3.tinypic.com/158axxd.gif

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 01:43 PM
I don't really have a Tahoe. The payments on the Benz are murder enough.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Man, those motherfuckers who take up more than one space in the front of a parking lot make me want to grab a bat and take it to their damn car.

Now, now Manny, wouldn't that be a violation of your #1 Pet Peeve? :angel

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 01:45 PM
I don't really have a Tahoe. The payments on the Benz are murder enough.

You drive a Benz? In that case :makeout and my phone number is 215-333-3333.

:lol That's actually the number for Philly Cabs

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 01:48 PM
I knew that would get a rise out of you.

That's also how sometimes you can get phone numbers at traffic lights.

katyon6th
06-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Asian women drivers.

I laugh at this because my mom is one.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Now, now Manny, wouldn't that be a violation of your #1 Pet Peeve? :angelAh but see, for me to use the bat I could not be driving. Therefore I woudln't be driving and it woudlnt' be a driving pet peeve but a parking lot pet peeve allowing me to use the bat with clear conscience. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiangel.gif

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 01:57 PM
I knew that would get a rise out of you.

That's also how sometimes you can get phone numbers at traffic lights.

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Are parking lots as sacred as driveways?

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 01:59 PM

I laugh at this because my mom is one.

Um, well, then, so wouldn't that kinda make, well, you, sorta, like one, too?

angel_luv
06-22-2006, 02:07 PM

People need to yield, so in that I agree with you.

But if the opposing street is completely empty, why stop and sit?
That was my gripe.

katyon6th
06-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Um, well, then, so wouldn't that kinda make, well, you, sorta, like one, too?

Fuck.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 02:11 PM

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Alvarez, how the heck do you even have your license yet? Don't you have to be 18 I believe according to recent PA law?
I've had my license for 3 months, you have to be 16.5 for the license, 16 for permit.

That 18 year old license thing never came through, but I was hoping it would because all of the kids born in 1990 and younger would have to wait until they are 18, that's how it would have worked.

I was born in 89.

Ballcox
06-22-2006, 03:02 PM
People who refuse to accerlate when merging onto highway traffic that's already moving at a 65-70mph clip. Can't count how many times I've almost slammed into someone's rear bumper from that, that pisses me off. The on ramps next to highways are for ACCELRATING, not slowing down dumbshits! There, I've vented and now I feel better.

CosmicCowboy
06-22-2006, 03:05 PM
People that speed up/slow down on the highway...On a two lane highway (like 37 to Corpus) I usually cruise control @ 75 in the right hand lane...If I come up on slower traffic I pass them and then move back into the right lane...I HATE these goobers that come screaming past me at 85, pull into the right lane and gradually coast down to 50 (making me have to pass them again) and the 5 minutes later, here they come doing the same thing...I swear, one jackass did that about 10 times my last trip down there...

Marklar MM
06-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Ooo I got a good one. When they close off lanes for construction, and don't do anything to the road for quite some time. Michigan is pretty good for this.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 03:18 PM
^:lol They're doing this right now in Philly as we speak with Route 1...

pache100
06-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Ooo I got a good one. When they close off lanes for construction, and don't do anything to the road for quite some time. Michigan is pretty good for this.

I HATE that! I also hate it when the reduce the speed limit to 35 or 40 mph on an interstate for 20 or 30 miles because of construction, and they are working on a stretch about 100 yards long. Man, that makes steam come out my ears. They make movable signs, use them in the area you are working and leave the rest alone. They do this on IH-35 on the way to Dallas all the time, and it pisses me off.

katyon6th
06-22-2006, 03:47 PM

I think I encountered construction on every road I drove on in Michigan. What a bitch.

Extra Stout
06-22-2006, 03:51 PM
That's top-notch union labor for you.

Jekka
06-22-2006, 03:59 PM
I think I encountered construction on every road I drove on in Michigan. What a bitch.

Houston was like that until I left, then they actually started finishing some stuff. Now I want them to fucking finish I-10 - one of my pet peeves is idiots that drive really fast on those super arrow lanes and try to pass you when they really don't have room. I can't even tell you how many almost-accidents I've seen and been in, and the plethora of skids on the barriers are testament to the dumbasses that drive there.

katyon6th
06-22-2006, 04:08 PM
I hate asshole drivers who get on my ass when I'm in the slow lane going the speed limit.

Back the fuck off.

Marklar MM
06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Ya. The problem with Michigan roads is the fucking weather and all the big trucks from Canada and such. We got that weather that is hot one day, freezing the next. We fix a road all nice, it will be shit in a couple years.

Silver21_Black20
06-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Yup...other drivers is my pet peeve.

I only have one rule when I'm driving...Get the f*ck outta my way!!!

jman3000
06-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Yup...other drivers is my pet peeve.

I only have one rule when I'm driving...Get the f*ck outta my way!!!

awwww ... sunshine is back. rosey as ever i see.

Silver21_Black20
06-22-2006, 04:57 PM
awwww ... sunshine is back. rosey as ever i see.

Stop following me...

NASpurs
Why did SB censor the word fuck?

Kind of pointless.

katyon6th

Kind of pointless.

I was thinking the same fucking thing.

Silver21_Black20
06-22-2006, 04:58 PM

Kind of pointless.

Cause this isn't the "other" thread and not everyone wants to see/read cuss words.

I was being considerate.

NASpurs
I was thinking the same fucking thing.Stop following me...

IceColdBrewski
I'm going 75-80 on the expressway, nobody behind me for 150+ yards, the guy going 68 decides he better hurry up and get in the left lane so he can pass the guy doing 67 so he cuts me off and takes 2 minutes to pass the guy instead of waiting the literally 5 seconds it would have taken me to blow past both of them.

katyon6th
06-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Stop following me...

Fuck you.

Extra Stout
06-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Germans are better drivers than Americans. Because when they screw up, they probably die.

jman3000
06-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Stop following me...

How was I following you?

jman3000
06-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Germans are better drivers than Americans. Because when they screw up, they probably die.

Gotta love the Autobahn.

Silver21_Black20
06-22-2006, 05:09 PM
How was I following you?

I was kidding.

jman3000
06-22-2006, 05:12 PM
I was kidding.
*insert numerous dancing pink elephants*

Ginofan
06-22-2006, 07:03 PM
they let 12 year olds drive in Detroit?

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2006, 07:19 PM
I HATE these goobers that come screaming past me at 85, pull into the right lane and gradually coast down to 50 (making me have to pass them again) and the 5 minutes later, here they come doing the same thing...I swear, one jackass did that about 10 times my last trip down there...
:lmao :lmao :lmao

I agree 100%

I swear the average IQ level is way lower for highway drivers...they just don't have a fucking clue on how a highway actually functions.

People are fucking jackasses

IceColdBrewski
06-22-2006, 07:32 PM
People who congest the parking lot with traffic because they're too damn lazy to take a parking spot in the back.

People who won't turn right on red until the coast is clear for at least a half-mile.

People who slam on their brakes at the sight of any squirrel/raccoon/stray cat, or some other critter crossing the road. Make an honest to swerve a little, but don't stand on your frickin brakes.

AlamoSpursFan
06-23-2006, 05:31 PM
People who drive the same speed as the person next to them on 2 lane roads such as 181 South. I've developed a new habit I'm sure I'll get a ticket for...I pass on the shoulder if I'm stuck behind two dipshits puttering along next to each other. The left lane is not a driving lane, please clear it so I can GET FUCKING WHERE I'M GOING!!!

(Editor's note: I only use this tactic in my personal vehicle. All I need is some slow-ass hillbilly with a cell phone to call the company and report my ass...

:lol )

IceColdBrewski
06-23-2006, 06:17 PM

I'm that guy. :D

Zombie
06-23-2006, 07:49 PM
My pet peeve:
When you are in a traffic jam, pick a Fucking lane and stay in it! these morons that keep switching back and forth from lane to lane are just slowing things down!

I am with ASF, no big trucks in the left lane is so stupid. It should be reversed, if a big truck is going thru the city, they should have more rights to the left lane than 4-wheelers! :smokin

exstatic
06-23-2006, 08:37 PM
I hate asshole drivers who get on my ass when I'm in the slow lane going the speed limit.

Back the fuck off.
I absolutely HATE that. I'm thinking "Fucker, I am NOT getting off the road. GO AROUND!"

As an aside, I occasionally get revenge on tailgaters. One of my cars is a Miata, which is pretty wide and low, and I have sticky Z-rated tires, so if some assclown is tailgating me into a cloverleaf, I take him/her in at 45-50, and don't slow down. The look of sheer fright is delightful. :lol

Zombie
06-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Faggot Volleyball players! :lol

AlamoSpursFan
06-24-2006, 11:07 AM
As an aside, I occasionally get revenge on tailgaters. One of my cars is a Miata, which is pretty wide and low, and I have sticky Z-rated tires, so if some assclown is tailgating me into a cloverleaf, I take him/her in at 45-50, and don't slow down. The look of sheer fright is delightful. :lol

There's another one of mine...people who tailgate my truck in a cloverleaf. Yes, it may be minorly annoying that I'm going slow, but if losing 15 seconds in a cloverleaf fucks up your day that bad, just imagine how long you'll be stuck in said cloverleaf if I go the speed you want me to AND MY FUCKING TRUCK FLIPS OVER!

John Doe
06-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Don't know if these count as a driving pet peeves but, fucking smokers who toss their cigarette butts out of the window and dumb asses who park in front of a store entry and wait for the passengers to go in and come out. Like it's okay to park there because there's someone in the drivers seat.

jman3000
06-26-2006, 12:28 PM
dumb asses who park in front of a store entry and wait for the passengers to go in and come out. Like it's okay to park there because there's someone in the drivers seat.

That's really true. I used to work at HEB and people would park in front of the store for like 45 or more sometimes. If you'd ask them why they're parked in a fire zone, they'd just tell you they're waiting on somebody getting grocery's or maybe a prescription. Then they'd get all pissy when another car would honk at them for taking up half the street... idiots.

Mixability
06-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Parking a Tahoe is hard.

I got the hang of it quick, but adjusting to a blind spot as big as T Pork was hard as hell!

Mixability
06-26-2006, 12:40 PM
No shit!
Those assholes deserve key jobs based on that principle alone!

I see this all the time. :pctoss

And usually it's some piece of shit ricer. This one time at a 24 hr Walmart, I surrounded the car with shopping carts, just so his dumbass could spend 10 mins inspecting his car for dings.

katyon6th
06-26-2006, 12:51 PM
ASIANS!!!!!!

Was the huge font size and color for effect or something?

I don't get it.

v2freak
06-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Tailgating

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Getting a blowjob while driving....I can not stand that....my driving is all over the place.

2Blonde
06-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Getting a blowjob while driving....I can not stand that....my driving is all over the place.
:lmao Me either! It gives me neck cramps. :lol

1Parker1
06-26-2006, 02:42 PM

:lol Isn't that what happens in the begining of that Stephen King novel/movie, Thinner?

ShoogarBear
06-26-2006, 02:46 PM

My problem is the seat won't go back far enough.

1Parker1
06-26-2006, 02:54 PM
My problem is the seat won't go back far enough.

:lmao I heard through the grapevine that Jimbo doesn't have that same problem....:angel

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 03:03 PM
:lmao I heard through the grapevine that Jimbo doesn't have that same problem....:angel

That is because Shoog's wife weighs 387lbs.

My girlfriend weighs 110lbs, she can fit in there quite nicely.

1Parker1
06-26-2006, 03:06 PM
:lmao Zing!!!!!! I'll give you points for that clever comeback Jimbo.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2006, 08:23 PM
I just got a fuckin flat.

Back roads here are all flooded and filled with huge rocks laying across the road, but I took them anyway, and payed the fuckin price.

I had to jack the car up and put in the spare and all that shit in the rain...not fun.

jman3000
06-26-2006, 08:25 PM
^^^ that band in your sig has way too many guitarists.

Das Texan
06-26-2006, 08:28 PM
1) people that dont know how to drive on a 2 lane highway (1 lane each way)
---either know how to pass people going slower...or move the fuck over to the shoulder. This goes for you fucks that are going below the speed limit on said roads where there is a shoulder.

2) People that dont use turn signals.

3) People that dont know how to fucking properly align their headlights.

4) People that dont have a damn clue of what road signs mean, especially yield signs.

5) People that refuse to go the speed limit in the left hand of a regular highway. Get the fuck over and into the right handed lanes, thats especially for you fucks on 281 where it is now 60. Read the speed limit sign and go 60 or move the hell over so I can pass.

jman3000
06-26-2006, 08:30 PM
people that don't know you can turn left on red on a 1 way street.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2006, 08:33 PM
^^^ that band in your sig has way too many guitarists.
There's never "too many"

Bob Lanier
06-26-2006, 10:22 PM
fucking smokers
:tu

Zoe String
06-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Was the huge font size and color for effect or something?

I don't get it.
I suppose it is some West Coast thing.

Duff McCartney
06-27-2006, 12:03 PM
People that absolutely refuse to get the fuck out of the way when you tailgate their ass.

Seriously, the left lane is the fast lane...so if you aren't going fast get the fuck out of the way.

SpursWoman
06-27-2006, 01:11 PM

My driving pet peeve: having to take a detour because an entire street I'm trying to go down after I'm already way past my curfew is blocked off by a huge old oak tree that some guy on the receiving end of a blowjob plowed into and completely uprooted with his Bronco.

I mean really, do you really want the cops to have to go tell your girlfriend's parents that their daughter died by asphyxiating on your bitten off dick while you sat there and bled to death?

Pull the fuck over, already. That's what the shoulders are for. :lol

BTW, that was a true story. :nerd

Mixability
06-27-2006, 01:22 PM
My driving pet peeve: having to take a detour because an entire street I'm trying to go down after I'm already way past my curfew is blocked off by a huge old oak tree that some guy on the receiving end of a blowjob plowed into and completely uprooted with his Bronco.

I mean really, do you really want the cops to have to go tell your girlfriend's parents that their daughter died by asphyxiating on your bitten off dick while you sat there and bled to death?

Pull the fuck over, already. That's what the shoulders are for. :lol

BTW, that was a true story. :nerd

OUCH!

Thats why you always keep your eyes on the road! :lol

Jimcs50
06-27-2006, 03:20 PM
People that absolutely refuse to get the fuck out of the way when you tailgate their ass.

Seriously, the left lane is the fast lane...so if you aren't going fast get the fuck out of the way.

If someone tailgates me, they get the finger and I slow down.

RashoFan
06-27-2006, 10:21 PM
People who try to stay ahead of my while I am driving my ambulance to an emergency call with the lights and sirens going(Code 3). Or the idiots who want to get through traffic by "following" my ambulance while I am driving Code 3 and sometimes people pass me while I am driving code 3.
BTW, if you ever see an ambulance driving slower than traffic, it might be because there is a little old man or woman that has a broken hip and the bumps in the road hurt alot while riding on my stretcher....just an FYI...

1Parker1
06-28-2006, 07:56 AM
If someone tailgates me, they get the finger and I slow down.

:lol That's what I do also.

1Parker1
06-28-2006, 07:57 AM
BTW, if you ever see an ambulance driving slower than traffic, it might be because there is a little old man or woman that has a broken hip and the bumps in the road hurt alot while riding on my stretcher....just an FYI...

Interesting...I never even thought about that. I always wonder why the hell some ambulances are driving slow when their emergency lights are on.

pache100
06-28-2006, 08:09 AM
People who try to stay ahead of my while I am driving my ambulance to an emergency call with the lights and sirens going(Code 3). Or the idiots who want to get through traffic by "following" my ambulance while I am driving Code 3 and sometimes people pass me while I am driving code 3.

When I lived in Georgia, if you didn't "yield" to any and all emergency vehicles (and "yield" means stop and pull off the side of the road), whether you are meeting them or they are coming up behind you, you would get a ticket. If they did not get you on the spot, you'd get one in the mail a few days later. I still cannot believe it when I see drivers in Texas (and other places, too) who look like they are COMPETING for road space with emergency vehicles. Most of them WILL NOT yield in any way. I get the hell out of their way. If that were my Mom or someone else I love in there, I don't want them to be held up or put in jeopardy of having an accident in the ambulance while they are on the way to the hospital.

People, PLEASE HEED EMERGENCY VEHICLES AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD...YIELD. It's only a few seconds out of your day.

AlamoSpursFan
06-28-2006, 08:32 PM
I love it when I pull over to yield to an emergency vehicle and I look in my mirror and watch the person behind me who usually is NOT going to yield and wonder if they're going to hit me or not. I've had a couple of near-misses lately.

exstatic
06-28-2006, 09:16 PM
I was driving home tonight on FM3009 from I35 towards FM78. The first major stoplight had "issues" and was flashing yellow in my direction, and people were fucking stopping! I mean dead stop. You don't stop for a flashing yellow. It's a fucking four lane road, plus center turn lane, at rush hour!

SpursWoman
06-28-2006, 10:13 PM
A 3 lane highway (410 between the airport & Harry Wurzbach specifically) with 3 people going the exact same (slow) speed next to each other in each lane

Behind them, for as far as the eye can see, are impatient, crazy assholes weaving in and out of lanes in the backed up clusterfuck...desperately trying to get one of those dumbasses to move. Causing lots of people to have to slam on their brakes from the near collisions. I hate that shit...especially when I'm still trying to get used to the more spongier brakes of my truck as opposed to what I had in my car. I don't know how many people I almost ran over on my way home from work today.

:fro

pache100
06-29-2006, 08:16 AM
I was driving home tonight on FM3009 from I35 towards FM78. The first major stoplight had "issues" and was flashing yellow in my direction, and people were fucking stopping! I mean dead stop. You don't stop for a flashing yellow. It's a fucking four lane road, plus center turn lane, at rush hour!

I absolutely cannot believe what FM 3009 has turned into. In 1978, I moved into those limestone apartments called "Persimmon Hill" at the corner of Live Oak Rd and FM 3009. At that time, hardly anyone used FM 3009 because it was only two lanes at best and was almost impassable in places, especially after heavy rains. The only reason I ever went out that way was to get to the Country Corner Restaurant, which was the only thing on IH-35 between Universal City and New Braunfels (well, other than the Snake Farm, which I have never actually been to, but which you can smell for miles)! All of those places on 3009 where there are now subdivisions of houses and strip malls were farmland and pastures then. One morning, I went out to leave for work and there were cows in the road on 3009 and Live Oak Road and Dietz Rd; I called the police, and they cam and herded them back into the pasture with a police car. Sometimes, now, when driving through the intersection of FM 3009 and IH-35 access rd, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Do you live in Schertz, exstatic?

1Parker1
06-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Driving in a one way street behind a slow ass driver you can't overtake. This happened to me on my way to work this morning, their was no other car for half a mile on this one way street and the dumbass was going 35 mph and kept braking. Asshole made me 5 minutes late to work :pctoss

katyon6th
06-29-2006, 11:22 AM
People speeding in minivans ... it just doesn't seem right.

pache100
06-29-2006, 11:35 AM
People speeding in minivans ... it just doesn't seem right.

Another thing I hate is those "Baby on Board" signs in the windows (usually of minivans). So what? Did you think I was gonna ram you with my tank if you DIDN'T have a baby in there? I don't need to know you have a baby in your car. Whether or not there is a baby in any vehicle should not make any difference in the way anyone drives.

spurster
06-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Ditto on the drivers flinging their cigarette butts.

People who drive like they own the road and think other drivers driving at the speed limit or otherwise obeying the rules is some kind of mortal insult.

Just take it easy out there and get to where you are going in one piece.

pache100
06-29-2006, 12:12 PM
People who drive like they own the road and think other drivers driving at the speed limit or otherwise obeying the rules is some kind of mortal insult.

Yep. The road coming out of my subdivision is a two-lane pothole with double yellow lines down the middle and speed limit of 30 mph. People come roaring out of there and pass me like I'm standing still...breaking two laws - speeding and passing in a no-pass zone. I frickin' hate people who think laws apply to everyone BUT them, that they are somehow exempt because they are in a hurry or impatient. Horse hockey! Laws apply to everybody. If I see they are about to pass me, I don't let 'em by!

SpursWoman
06-29-2006, 01:36 PM
People with no brake lights! :flipoff :flipoff

I swear, I don't even have license plates for my car yet and I've almost rear-ended God only knows how many people for stupid shit like this in the last week. :cuss

pache100
06-29-2006, 01:54 PM

I hate that, too, especially on those trailers. I have a little tiny trailer, and I ALWAYS hook up the lights when I tow it. I can't tell you how many people I have seen towing trailers, though, with no lights...and then you get up beside them and you can see that they have lights, they're just too frickin' lazy to hook them up!

But...people with no brake lights on all those cars and trucks...how in the heck do they pass safety inspection?

1Parker1
06-29-2006, 03:08 PM

:tu :tu Wow, that's one of my biggest pet peeves, almost forgot that one!!!

cherylsteele
06-29-2006, 03:27 PM
My biggest pet peeve has to people talking on their cell phone and paying absolutely no attention to the road and other people around them. I swear I get in near misses because I have to slam on my brakes, honk my horn, etc.....then they have the nerve to give my the bird.....Only to next to them to find out their are yapping on the god-damned phone. If you gonna use the phone in youur car pull the hell over.....don't take my life in your hands just because your trying to make a date while driving or some task that could wait.

Also, in my neighborhood we have these speed bumps and instead of just slowing down....going to fast in the first place......they come to a complete stop, and then they take what seems like 5 minutes to get over the bumps.....especially things like Hummer, Explorers, Dodge Ram truck and other huge vehicles

SpursWoman
06-29-2006, 03:31 PM
People talking on the phone while driving seriously piss me off ... so that one is waaaay high up there on my list of pet peeves.

pache100
06-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Another thing I hate (and I really HATE this) is those piggy back trucks that FedEx and some other companies use...they're as long as an 18-wheeler, but there are two trailers. Those things flip around and the drivers weave in and out of traffic like they driving a Volkswagen. They are so dangerous, I hate to get behind or beside one, I just know they are going to pin me to the wall.

pache100
06-29-2006, 03:33 PM
People talking on the phone while driving seriously piss me off ... so that one is waaaay high up there on my list of pet peeves.

:tu

SpursWoman
06-29-2006, 03:53 PM
I curse at them in my car, to the point where anytime my kids see someone talking on the phone while driving, they'll bring it to my attention with something like: "there's another moron talking on the phone, mommy...stay away from him/her." Like they think it's funny when mommy starts dropping F-bombs or something.

Fortunately they aren't repeating (that I know of) what I usually say when I see them. :oops :lol

Quadzilla99
06-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Here's some funny as fuck shit that's semi-relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqoE2adIwOc&search=George%20Carlin%20Accident

^Click Here^

sa_butta
06-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Here's some funny shit that's semi-relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqoE2adIwOc&search=George%20Carlin%20Accident

^Click Here^Did Tlong get hit by George Carlin??

Zombie
06-30-2006, 11:22 PM
I thought of a new peeve!
Women don't show enough leg! :spin
What the fuck has happened to women wearing Skirts (short ones)!?
The last good thing I saw was on I-75, she was wearing a short skirt rolled up and her right hand between her legs, if I only had a faster truck! :lol