tempest186
06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2496106

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 10:07 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44561

SPARKY
06-22-2006, 10:09 AM
If Pop needs an advisor on his bench, LB wouldn't be bad.

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 10:12 AM
If Pop needs an advisor on his bench, LB wouldn't be bad.
even if that was possible (which it isnt) the spurs wouldnt want anything to do with LB.

SPARKY
06-22-2006, 10:13 AM
even if that was possible (which it isnt) the spurs wouldnt want anything to do with LB.

You realize LB is Pop's best friend, mentor, and the guy who got him into the NBA to begin with, no?

ducks
06-22-2006, 10:17 AM
larry brown would be to much of a distraction
NO THANK YOU and he would not want pop to play the rookies

SPARKY
06-22-2006, 10:19 AM
LB also has a pretty damn good basketball mind. Would I want him as head coach? No. But as someone for Pop to bounce ideas off of and to tell Pop when he's fucking up, he'd be nice.

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 10:34 AM
You realize LB is Pop's best friend, mentor, and the guy who got him into the NBA to begin with, no?
his ego is huge and he will wanna trade tony parker for eric snow. i dont care if LB used to babysit pop. hes a huge distraction and the spurs dont need him fucking up thier championship run for next year. you must not want the spurs to win.

SPARKY
06-22-2006, 10:36 AM
his ego is huge and he will wanna trade tony parker for eric snow. i dont care if LB used to babysit pop. hes a huge distraction and the spurs dont need him fucking up thier championship run for next year. you must not want the spurs to win.

I'm sure Pop knows how to deal with him.

Go worry about your Kings.

ducks
06-22-2006, 10:36 AM
LB also has a pretty damn good basketball mind. Would I want him as head coach? No. But as someone for Pop to bounce ideas off of and to tell Pop when he's fucking up, he'd be nice.

you do realize that lb and mj are friends and mj can make lb head coach

ducks
06-22-2006, 10:37 AM

pistons and knicks do not know how to deal with looser brain

ducks
06-22-2006, 10:41 AM
the Knicks fired Thomas "for cause" and will NOT be paying him the balance of his contract.
that was in the new york paper
that changes alot of things

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 10:41 AM

wow you are determined to ruin your team arent you? first stephen jackson now larry brown?

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 10:43 AM
i have nothing to worry about. you on the other hand will if you get stephen jackson and larry brown apart of the spurs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2006, 10:47 AM
1. Isiah fired him because he saw what Riley did and thinks he can do the same (gonna be fun to watch that failure).

2. Some team will hire Larry to be HC.

3. His ego would never let him be an assistant.

MadDog73
06-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Will the Rockets fire Gundy and go for LB instead?

I would...

pache100
06-22-2006, 10:52 AM

Too much drama surrounding Larry Brown. It's one thing after another after another. His day in the San Antonio sun is long over...that window of opportunity is closed. (http://i5.tinypic.com/1581sa8.gif)

ShoogarBear
06-22-2006, 10:54 AM

I would...

That is actually an excellent idea. It would be the perfect situation for LB, except that a lot of the team is kinda old.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2006, 10:57 AM
That is actually an excellent idea. It would be the perfect situation for LB, except that a lot of the team is kinda old.

Actually it'd work out perfectly, they can trade tips on bed pans on their flights.

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 10:59 AM

I would...
now that would be a good idea. the rockets have nothing to lose because they cant get any worse. :lol

strangeweather
06-22-2006, 11:07 AM

I would...
Even considering the injuries and personnel issues, I think Van Gundy has done a horrible job with that team. Those guys could totally play for Larry.

T Park
06-22-2006, 11:08 AM
good

Isaih Thomas deserves to coach that debacle of a team.

I gaurantee Larry Brown is saying "Fine, YOU fuckheads coach this"

pistons and knicks do not know how to deal with looser brain

Yeah the Pistons did fantastic this year without him eh?

Im sure the Knicks will TOTALLY improve too!!!

MORE GENIUS FROM DUCKS!!!! :rolleyes

ducks
06-22-2006, 11:18 AM
I bet knicks win more then 23 wins

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-22-2006, 11:23 AM
The Rockets would be LB's dream job as there are practically no young players he would have to bench on principle.

RON ARTEST
06-22-2006, 11:26 AM
good

Isaih Thomas deserves to coach that debacle of a team.

I gaurantee Larry Brown is saying "Fine, YOU fuckheads coach this"

Yeah the Pistons did fantastic this year without him eh?

Im sure the Knicks will TOTALLY improve too!!!

MORE GENIUS FROM DUCKS!!!! :rolleyes
its not about him being a good coach or not. his ego is huge and hes a money hungry person. the pistons and knicks had to get rid of the idiot, wouldnt you do the same? ducks is right

Darrin
06-22-2006, 01:26 PM
4 threads discussing the same Larry Brown story. It feels like last summer all over again.

T Park
06-22-2006, 01:34 PM
the pistons and knicks had to get rid of the idiot, wouldnt you do the same?

No I wouldn't.

If I was the Knicks, Isaih Thomas would've been gone, WAYYYYYYYY before Larry Brown.

Once again,

Larry Brown 1 ring

Isaih zippo

Coachingwise.

Goodmove NY.

1Parker1
06-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Actually it'd work out perfectly, they can trade tips on bed pans on their flights.

:lol Damn, I was going to go with a "He'll fit right in" line....but yours was better.

Obstructed_View
06-22-2006, 03:03 PM
"Be careful what you wish for" forum.

Axl Van Dam
06-23-2006, 03:56 AM
:hang Isiah should be hanged for making this decision. Larry Brown's not the problem but the players. Betcha Stephon Marbury had a hand in this. Best Point Guard in the League MY ASS :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

Obstructed_View
06-23-2006, 04:00 AM
Jim Dolan wants to be popular as Mark Cuban. That means doing really stupid shit and not caring how much money it costs or if it hurts your team.

RON ARTEST
06-23-2006, 05:40 AM
No I wouldn't.

If I was the Knicks, Isaih Thomas would've been gone, WAYYYYYYYY before Larry Brown.

Once again,

Larry Brown 1 ring

Isaih zippo

Coachingwise.

Goodmove NY.
if the players dont like larry brown and dont respect him then there is no way the team will improve going into next year. they had no choice but to get rid of him because the players didnt wanna play for him. if you dont understand that then something is wrong. i agree with you about isaiah being the coach though, he isnt the right choice.

RON ARTEST
06-23-2006, 05:41 AM
Jim Dolan wants to be popular as Mark Cuban. That means doing really stupid shit and not caring how much money it costs or if it hurts your team.
except mark actually wins games.

Obstructed_View
06-23-2006, 06:59 AM
except mark actually wins games.
Mark Cuban has never won an NBA game in his life.