PDA

View Full Version : If the Rockets job opens up, does Avery bail?

Shank
06-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Could you not see this happening? I think that secretly, behind the scenes, that Avery is already tired of dealing with the Cuban Crisis. The only true allegiance he holds to Dallas is that they're the team to grant him his wish to be head coach. It's going to get to the point where he's going to snap if Cuban keeps defacing all of the work he puts into getting his team ready on the court. Look at the conclusion of this year's playoff run. What will be remembered about this Dallas postseason 10 years from now? "Oh, that was the year where Cuban went nuts and assaulted the league". "Cuban just couldn't keep his mouth shut". People will be able to name 2 pieces from this team - Dirk and Cuban. He's too visible and it's getting to the point where the integrity of the organization is suffering.

I see him taking serious consideration into leaving Dallas for Houston should that position become available. He'll have a different batch of talent, but pieces more apt to developing an inside-out game. I love having Avery here in Dallas, but if Cuban is going to taint a successful season by putting a black filter over the spotlight then more power to Avery to move on for greener pastures.

MadDog73
06-22-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't see it happening, but interesting that a Mavs fan does...

pache100
06-22-2006, 01:33 PM
No, I can't see it happening. I am really pissed at Avery right now, but I don't think he's a stupid man.

strangeweather
06-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Could you not see this happening? I think that secretly, behind the scenes, that Avery is already tired of dealing with the Cuban Crisis. The only true allegiance he holds to Dallas is that they're the team to grant him his wish to be head coach. It's going to get to the point where he's going to snap if Cuban keeps defacing all of the work he puts into getting his team ready on the court. Look at the conclusion of this year's playoff run. What will be remembered about this Dallas postseason 10 years from now? "Oh, that was the year where Cuban went nuts and assaulted the league". "Cuban just couldn't keep his mouth shut". People will be able to name 2 pieces from this team - Dirk and Cuban. He's too visible and it's getting to the point where the integrity of the organization is suffering.

I see him taking serious consideration into leaving Dallas for Houston should that position become available. He'll have a different batch of talent, but pieces more apt to developing an inside-out game. I love having Avery here in Dallas, but if Cuban is going to taint a successful season by putting a black filter over the spotlight then more power to Avery to move on for greener pastures.
Wow -- I knew we didn't like Cuban. But I didn't realize that y'all were so pissed at him now.

td4mvp21
06-22-2006, 01:42 PM
That would hurt Dallas really bad, unless they got Larry Brown...

Shank
06-22-2006, 01:52 PM
That would hurt Dallas really bad, unless they got Larry Brown...

In which case, it would hurt even more.

texlawman
06-22-2006, 02:09 PM
I doubt he relocates. The Rockets don't exactly have a fantastic situation down there. Yao has never established himself as being consistently great and all their role players are old. McGrady is outstanding, but what else do they have really?

mabber
06-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Wow -- I knew we didn't like Cuban. But I didn't realize that y'all were so pissed at him now.

Are you kidding me? He's embarrasing. I have to admit I love him as an owner in regards to all the money he has and his willingness to spend it to put a good team on the floor but outside of that he's ridiculous. I don't understand why anyone would "hate" him though. It's just basketball!!! To me he's just somewhat ridiculous sometimes but as a Mav fan you have to take the good with bad I guess. Not like any fans have a choice who their owner is anyway.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Right now, if anyone is smart, they distance themselves from Cuban.

Avery is a very good coach who preached defense and rebounding to one soft team. Why not another in Houston?

Shank
06-22-2006, 03:36 PM
You don't see it on the surface because everyone sucks up to him in public, but there is a deep hate for Cuban from certain players and coaches within the organization. And I'm not just talking about disliking him for the sideline hugs, I'm talking about a hate so deep that this entire franchise could potentially fall apart in a matter of years because of Cuban. Avery would leave. Dirk would opt out. The supporting cast would look to sign elsewhere. Dallas would live in the lean years once again.

I'll repeat - DON'T be surprised if Avery is gone next season. As much as he likes his guys and his coaches, he will leave if Cuban doesn't distance himself from the face of the team. He needs to own from afar and get the F away from the sidelines. He's an embarrassment and one that Avery would rather not deal with, even if it costs him success in the future.

GoSpurs21
06-22-2006, 06:57 PM
"Oh, that was the year where Cuban went nuts and assaulted the league". "Cuban just couldn't keep his mouth shut". People will be able to name 2 pieces from this team - Dirk and Cuban. He's too visible and it's getting to the point where the integrity of the organization is suffering.whats really funning is how long its taking people (mainly mavs fans) to realize this. It has been going on for the last 4 years folks...hello....hello...is there anyone at home?

ducks
06-22-2006, 07:02 PM
I wonder if it will effect dirk
dirk can opt out next year
HE COULD FORCE CUBAN TO DO A SIGN AND TRADE and still get the max
he could make it public

be intersting to see what he offers terry
terry could bolt

ChumpDumper
06-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Avery has three years left on his contract -- the last year jacked up to a guaranteed $5 million once he made the Finals. I've never seen AJ walk away from a paycheck.

Furthermore, I could never see Q-bert letting AJ coach in the same division during the time of that contract.

picnroll
06-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Cuban wants all the attention and credit. Avery wants all the attention, credit and validation, little man complex in spades. Not a healthy combo. Neither really is a guy who ultimately cares about or will show loyalty to his players, to busy caring about themselves. I could see Mavs imploding too and can understand why players think Cuban a total ass and embarassment. A player would have to be pretty dumb to like Cubes..

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 10:54 PM
I just think Avery will tire of Cuban. I see what ChumpDumper is saying, though.

Tough to walk away from money like that.

I wonder if Terry is gone? How much will Cuban be willing to spend when his future PG is Harris?

Will a Terry departure affect Johnson?

picnroll
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
He could always do a Larry Brown and walk away with the money. :lol