PDA

View Full Version : Spurs and Pistons

himat
06-22-2006, 04:04 PM
i love how everyone justs forgets about these teams. On an espn article only Marc Stein and Jim Obrien think the Spurs and Pistons are still the best. People fail to realize that these teams made the Finals a year ago, and had the best records in the league. They just didn't have it at the wrong time. I don't know if San Antonio is used to being under the radar, but I know Piston fans are. Pistons Spurs in 07 Finals!

Please_dont_ban_me
06-22-2006, 04:06 PM
If Pistons keep the core together, it will be Spurs/Mavs/Pistons/Heat for many years to come.

himat
06-22-2006, 04:11 PM
If Pistons keep the core together, it will be Spurs/Mavs/Pistons/Heat for many years to come.

It all comes down to Ben. Flip needs to learn from his mistakes as well as some of the players too. Joe is looking for a defensive minded assistant coach and if the Pistons do get that than things will be bright. As for the Spurs if they can just have more energy come playoff time I think they'll be back in the Finals.

Oh, Gee!!
06-22-2006, 04:13 PM

plus the cavs

Phenomanul
06-22-2006, 04:22 PM
plus the cavs

I would probably also add Phoenix to the picture... considering Amare comes back...

SA210
06-22-2006, 04:25 PM
The Spurs have been used to being under the radar.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-22-2006, 04:37 PM
I would probably also add Phoenix to the picture... considering Amare comes back...

With Nash getting exposed a little in the playoffs and Amare's knees a big question mark...I think this year was about as good as they will do in the playoffs for years to come.

Mavs<Spurs
06-22-2006, 04:38 PM
It depends on returning to the basics.

Neither of us played great defense in the playoffs.

Also, the new rules force us to make some adjustments.

Pistons must resign Ben. Also, I am not sure if Flip is a good enough defensive coach.

Pistons have the starting 5 to do it and the players can all play great defense and when they play like that they are my second favorite team, after my Spurs.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-22-2006, 04:39 PM
It all comes down to Ben. Flip needs to learn from his mistakes as well as some of the players too. Joe is looking for a defensive minded assistant coach and if the Pistons do get that than things will be bright. As for the Spurs if they can just have more energy come playoff time I think they'll be back in the Finals.

In my humble opinion...

The T'Wolves under flip used to be a very nice offense, because they executed everything perfectly. They were always above average defensively, but never GREAT.

That won't get it done in Detroit. They are a GREAT defensive team that can execute on offense from time to time. They tried doing it the other way this year and it didn't work. I don't know if just adding a defensive minded assistant will chagne that...you're either that type of team or you're not, you can't half ass it.

If Flips your coach, then you play how his style is. Which will ultimately change the Pistons identity.

himat
06-22-2006, 06:10 PM
In my humble opinion...

The T'Wolves under flip used to be a very nice offense, because they executed everything perfectly. They were always above average defensively, but never GREAT.

That won't get it done in Detroit. They are a GREAT defensive team that can execute on offense from time to time. They tried doing it the other way this year and it didn't work. I don't know if just adding a defensive minded assistant will chagne that...you're either that type of team or you're not, you can't half ass it.

If Flips your coach, then you play how his style is. Which will ultimately change the Pistons identity.

I think its all about motivation. Even though the team had to learn an entirely different system they started off 37-5 all through motivation. Then they lost it because they won so much. I think this team is still great, but it only shows when they're motivated. I hope the motivation is back and this time it stays. Hopefully Flip changes his ways somewhat.

FreshPrince22
06-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Personally, I think being under the radar will help these teams in the long run. This year it seemed almost like a given that they would meet in the finals. And I think the players started believing it as well.

Mavs<Spurs
06-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Personally, I think being under the radar will help these teams in the long run. This year it seemed almost like a given that they would meet in the finals. And I think the players started believing it as well.

I agree.

Darrin
06-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Five years out, I think the contenders are: San Antonio, Detroit, Dallas, Toronto, Phoenix, and Cleveland.

Why Toronto? Go look up the name Colangelo in your NBA encylcopedia. They don't fail in this league.

Ocotillo
06-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Not sure the Heat can hang. They may be a one hit wonder. Shaq is getting older. Zo and Payton don't have much in the tank....... Wade is phenomenal but you need another great one on the team to win it all and that will come down to how much Shaq has next season.

exstatic
06-22-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't put Phoenix in the championship mix. They got incredibly lucky with the draw the last two years, especially this year with Dallas and SA playing in the second rd. That loophole has been closed, and I just don't see them getting by either us or Dallas. With a perfectly healthy Amare, a two years younger Nash, Joe Johnson and QRich, they only took one game off of us in 2005.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-22-2006, 09:15 PM
LOL exstatic is in a posting zone

Mavs_man_41
06-22-2006, 10:42 PM

Don't forget the suns. With a healthy amare, they are the team to beat.

rayray2k8
06-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Don't forget the suns. With a healthy amare, they are the team to beat.
Yeah them too. :lol

REDLION#22
06-22-2006, 10:53 PM
i love how everyone justs forgets about these teams. On an espn article only Marc Stein and Jim Obrien think the Spurs and Pistons are still the best. People fail to realize that these teams made the Finals a year ago, and had the best records in the league. They just didn't have it at the wrong time. I don't know if San Antonio is used to being under the radar, but I know Piston fans are. Pistons Spurs in 07 Finals!

ILL SAY THIS AS NICE AS I CAN:THE PISTONS WERE A FLUKE RUN,FROM 04 TO 06,THEY WON 1 FLUKE UNDESERVED TITLE AGAINST A MENTALLY AND PHISICALY ILL TEAM,THEY HAD A FREE TICKET TO THE FINALS LAST YEAR WITH THE HEAT LINEUP INJURED(AND THEY STILL TOOK THEM TO 7 GAMES PROOVING ONCE AGAIN THAT THE HEAT ARE THE BETTER TEAM)AND THEY CHOCKED IN LAST YEARS FINALS WHY???CUZ THE SPURS WERE HEALTHY!!!! THE SAME HAPPENED IN 06 THE HEAT DID A COLLECTIVE DEFENSIVE EFFORT IN STOPPING THE PISTONS FLUKE.THIS PERIOD(04-06)IS CONSIDERED BY MANY FANS WHO SEE THE TRUTH AS A DARK DIABOLICAL PAGE IN NBA HISTORY.

awmyplace
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
ILL SAY THIS AS NICE AS I CAN:THE PISTONS WERE A FLUKE RUN,FROM 04 TO 06,THEY WON 1 FLUKE UNDESERVED TITLE AGAINST A MENTALLY AND PHISICALY ILL TEAM,THEY HAD A FREE TICKET TO THE FINALS LAST YEAR WITH THE HEAT LINEUP INJURED(AND THEY STILL TOOK THEM TO 7 GAMES PROOVING ONCE AGAIN THAT THE HEAT ARE THE BETTER TEAM)AND THEY CHOCKED IN LAST YEARS FINALS WHY???CUZ THE SPURS WERE HEALTHY!!!! THE SAME HAPPENED IN 06 THE HEAT DID A COLLECTIVE DEFENSIVE EFFORT IN STOPPING THE PISTONS FLUKE.THIS PERIOD(04-06)IS CONSIDERED BY MANY FANS WHO SEE THE TRUTH AS A DARK DIABOLICAL PAGE IN NBA HISTORY.

Exactly!Finally someone with common sence.Lol

Leetonidas
06-22-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but for some reason, I don't see Ben resiging and I don't see the Pistons back in the Finals anytime soon...

Some people said my feeling that Miami would beat Detroit was stupid and unrealistic, but hey, we know how that turned out...

REDLION#22
06-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Exactly!Finally someone with common sence.Lol

Thank you i appreciate it.:)

ducks
06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
cavs ? bulls have more off a possiblily because they have cap room they might get ben

Leetonidas
06-22-2006, 11:21 PM
I think the Bulls will be much better next year, and so will Orlando. The East will be tougher next year. The Cavs are one great shooter away from becoming a powerhouse.

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Some people said my feeling that Miami would beat Detroit was stupid and unrealistic, but hey, we know how that turned out...

I won't say thinking Miami could have beaten Detroit was stupid or unrealistic...anything can happen.

And this may sound like sour grapes ...

But ...

The Pistons imploded. I don't know why. I don't know what happened. Fatigue? Arrogance? Who knows.

But the fact is, that in the playoffs, Detroit played NOTHING like they did in the regular season. After game 2 of the Cleveland series, they looked like a completely different team.

I'm not taking anything from Miami. They won, and I have no excuses.

But things definetly worked in their favor.

Detroit played some of their worst ball in the playoffs.

While a Miami team that severly struggled in the regualr season, came together at the right time. They looked nothing like the team that lost to all of the better teams during the regular season.

Give em' props for stepping up when it mattered most.

But IMO if the Pistons had also been playing their best ball at that time, the outcome would have been very different.

RON ARTEST
06-23-2006, 12:05 AM
what are you guys talking about? all season long all we have been hearing about is the spurs and pistons are head and shoulders above everyone else and how the pistons were gonna win 70 games. how the hell are they under the radar?

Pistons < Spurs
06-23-2006, 12:14 AM
what are you guys talking about? all season long all we have been hearing about is the spurs and pistons are head and shoulders above everyone else and how the pistons were gonna win 70 games. how the hell are they under the radar?

They're refering to the upcoming season.

Especially for the Pistons, most people are saying that Miami or Cleveland is the new power in the East.

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 07:49 AM

I think you have to throw in the Suns...they are gonna be scary next season :oops

ambchang
06-23-2006, 09:17 AM
The Mavs and Heat cannot last too many years. Mavs payroll is out of control, and perhaps this run has convinced Cuban that the investment is worth it, but I have some nagging doubts that Cuban would continue to throw money at the team like that.
As for the Heat, Payton and Mourning are a million years old, and people don't seem to realize that the Heat plays much much better with Mourning in the middle instead of Shaq in this series. Their offense becomes crisp, their defense becomes much more active. Besides, Shaq is not going to last too many years. Wade is good, but he is not, and probably will not be, Jordan good, and even Jordan needed Pippen.

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Is the Mav payroll out of control?

I mean they got rid of Nash and got a bunch of really good, under the radar athletic guards/forwards who are a lot better than what they cost.

I know that Damp was a drain.

Cuban won't go cheap. That's not a mistake he will make, especially after being so close to winning it all.

Never underestimate your opponents. Hate them like I do, I don't underestimate them.

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 09:29 AM
I agree with what you say (that Jordan needed Pippen and Wade is not Jordan good), but I would not underestimate Wade either.

Look where they were: down 0-2, down 13 in game 3 in the fourth quarter with 6 minutes 30 seconds left.

They were done and Wade raised them from the dead. He completely and utterly dominated the last 4 games of the series. That was as impressive a display over a Finals (entire series not just one game) as we have seen in this league in a long time.

His jumpshot is not going anywhere. It is solid and it's been very consistent for years and that is even more true lately. And he is an amazing athlete (e.g. that block on Josh Howard (to say nothing of his multiple blocks on Dirk)). He can get to the rim at will and he is a very good free throw shooter. All he needs is a decent center at this point and he has that in Shaq, who is surely that good even at this stage in his career.

Dallas couldn't stop him late in game 5 even with 4 defenders.

ambchang
06-23-2006, 09:31 AM
The Mavs and Heat cannot last too many years. Mavs payroll is out of control, and perhaps this run has convinced Cuban that the investment is worth it, but I have some nagging doubts that Cuban would continue to throw money at the team like that.
As for the Heat, Payton and Mourning are a million years old, and people don't seem to realize that the Heat plays much much better with Mourning in the middle instead of Shaq in this series. Their offense becomes crisp, their defense becomes much more active. Besides, Shaq is not going to last too many years. Wade is good, but he is not, and probably will not be, Jordan good, and even Jordan needed Pippen.

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 09:55 AM

I mean they got rid of Nash and got a bunch of really good, under the radar athletic guards/forwards who are a lot better than what they cost.

Cuban won't go cheap. That's not a mistake he will make, especially after being so close to winning it all.

Never underestimate your opponents. Hate them like I do, I don't underestimate them.
Offline | Online

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 09:56 AM
I agree with what you say (that Jordan needed Pippen and Wade is not Jordan good), but I would not underestimate Wade either.

Look where they were: down 0-2, down 13 in game 3 in the fourth quarter with 6 minutes 30 seconds left.

They were done and Wade raised them from the dead. He completely and utterly dominated the last 4 games of the series. That was as impressive a display over a Finals (entire series not just one game) as we have seen in this league in a long time.

His jumpshot is not going anywhere. It is solid and it's been very consistent for years and that is even more true lately. And he is an amazing athlete (e.g. that block on Josh Howard (to say nothing of his multiple blocks on Dirk)). He can get to the rim at will and he is a very good free throw shooter. All he needs is a decent center at this point and he has that in Shaq, who is surely that good even at this stage in his career.

NBA Junkie
06-23-2006, 10:02 AM

I'm not so sure about the Heat being strong in the future. Wade is a stud, but that's a veteran team right now as it is and I don't see many of their core veterans (including Shaq) being around after next season. They're gonna have to rebuild the pieces around Wade in order to maintain their success over the long haul.

The Pistons should be fine if Ben stays and they add a couple of strong bench players like they had on their "04 championship squad. Spurs and Mavs will be fine.

himat
06-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Joe D. interviewed both Terry Porter and Jim Obrien and Joe might hire both of the coaches :wow . I like the idea. If all these guys could come in and work together with their streengths the Pistons could get back to the Finals.

The Spurs got Matt Bonner. The guy can hit an occasional 3 so if he starts doing that consistantly it could take some defense off of Tim wich would help the Spurs a lot.

I think both the Pistons and Spurs will have only 53 wins next season, but get back to where they belong. :fro

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 12:11 PM

I tend to disagree...for you Pistons fans...the Cavs will be the team to beat! If they even get one more "decent" shooter, they will be really tough with LeBron. I can honestly say that the East and West are pretty even now...

WEST:
Mavs
Spurs
Suns
Kings
Lakers

EAST:
Pistons
Heat
Cavs
Nets (we'll see)

mabber
06-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Joe D. interviewed both Terry Porter and Jim Obrien and Joe might hire both of the coaches :wow . I like the idea. If all these guys could come in and work together with their streengths the Pistons could get back to the Finals.

The Spurs got Matt Bonner. The guy can hit an occasional 3 so if he starts doing that consistantly it could take some defense off of Tim wich would help the Spurs a lot.

I think both the Pistons and Spurs will have only 53 wins next season, but get back to where they belong. :fro

Won't matter unless the Pistons acquire some decent depth this offseason.

bigdog
06-23-2006, 12:21 PM
if the league would change their stupid playoff format, the spurs would have gone to the finals and probably won the championship. but anyways, i would definitely put cleveland in the mix for the finals in the next few years, but i see San Antonio and Dallas as the only teams that can come out of the west, and the east has a few, including Detroit,Miami,Cleveland,and maybe even Indiana if they can get everything straightened out. I'm not sure that Miami can do as well next year with Shaq getting older,i say hes in the last few years in the league. so D-Wade will have to get another big man soon

himat
06-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Won't matter unless the Pistons acquire some decent depth this offseason.

i bet you Joe (Dumars) told Flip right away after the Pistons lost he better play the bench. Pistons have some talent there. Dice will play, but Delfino, Maxiell, and Amir Johnson have to get a chance. I think Mo Evans and Delk will be gone. If the Pistons get a back up PG and a 7 footer and play them with the rest of the bench things will be good. Avery gave guys like Diop a chance and they performed very well and it almost won Dallas a ship. Flip needs to give the guys a chance as well.

REDLION#22
06-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Ill keep saying it:people forget the piston they are not a fluke anymore their run is over,they will be lucky to even ge to the playoffs next year...

Darrin
06-23-2006, 05:17 PM

This isn't that suprising to me. The Pistons need a defensive force, and if you look at the crew Philadelphia had in 2004-05 and in 2005-06, it was the same group, and the Sixers were a much better team defensively under O'Brien. Dick Harter, the defensive mind of those O'Brien teams in Boston and Philadelphia, served under Chuck Daly in Detroit. Billups has played for O'Brien as well (assistant under Rick Pitino in Boston from 1997-2001).

He's the perfect compliment to Saunders' laid-back style. I hope the Pistons hire both.

himat
06-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Ill keep saying it:people forget the piston they are not a fluke anymore their run is over,they will be lucky to even ge to the playoffs next year...

:lol

bdictjames
06-23-2006, 06:46 PM
I think Miami has already surpassed Detroit.. As the show on ESPN said"Detroit is even too arrogant to double-team Shaq".. I think it will be Spurs-Miami next year

FreshPrince22
06-23-2006, 08:41 PM
I think Miami has already surpassed Detroit.. As the show on ESPN said"Detroit is even too arrogant to double-team Shaq".. I think it will be Spurs-Miami next year

You live and learn. The decision to not double Shaq was done this year for the simple fact that it worked the previous two years. If Flip had all of a sudden came in and changed a proven method before seeing if it would work again, he would have never heard the end of it from the media if it failed.

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 09:19 PM

Exactly!

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 09:20 PM
:rolleyes :troll :trolls: :idiot :owned :ban: :stfu
:lol

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 09:21 PM
:rolleyes :lmao :owned :ban: :stfu :idiot
You live and learn. The decision to not double Shaq was done this year for the simple fact that it worked the previous two years. If Flip had all of a sudden came in and changed a proven method before seeing if it would work again, he would have never heard the end of it from the media if it failed.

ambchang
06-23-2006, 09:33 PM

Josh Howard and Jason Terry are both up for extension, and I believe Dirk is up next year as well. Didn't Marquis Daniels just had a 66 million deal last year? On the other hand, I think KvH is coming off the books either this or next year, so that's some relief. But regardless, Mavs wil have a very big pay roll if they want to keep everybody.

Pistons < Spurs
06-23-2006, 09:35 PM
:rolleyes :troll :trolls: :idiot :owned :ban: :stfu

You don't really have much of value to offer to any conversation do you?

Darkwaters
06-23-2006, 09:44 PM
I heard rumors of Ben Wallace actually not resigning with the Pistons. Obviously, thats just a rumor...because I also heard that he'd fired his agent and just hired an hourly rate lawyer to negotiate his contract because he was so sure he'd be back with the Pistons.

Anybody heard anything from the grapevine.

Darrin
06-23-2006, 09:45 PM

The Pistons have never put Shaq one-on-one...until this season. Instead, they gave Shaq single coverage with 3-4 different defenders. They would rotate and change up Shaq's looks in order to keep him on his toes, and make him more tired than the Pistons' players.

Flip Saunders needs to read "Art of War." His tactics are 2-dimensional where they only work until someone figures them out.

mike detroit
06-23-2006, 09:47 PM

that's pretty typical of the level of intelligent discourse from miami fans. give them a break, they're not used to even having an NBA team yet. emoticons are the limit to their language abilities. look at red lion, he can barely even form a sentence.

Pistons < Spurs
06-23-2006, 10:06 PM
I heard rumors of Ben Wallace actually not resigning with the Pistons. Obviously, thats just a rumor...because I also heard that he'd fired his agent and just hired an hourly rate lawyer to negotiate his contract because he was so sure he'd be back with the Pistons.

Anybody heard anything from the grapevine.

Yeah you go it. He fired his agent like 3 months?? ago. Then hired a simple lawyer.

Since then though he hired Super Agent Arn Tellem. His involvement is somewhat of an unknown in terms of how things will play out. Expect him to shop Ben and attempt to push up the asking price.

But Ben has maintained that he wants to be a Piston.

Dumars says he's confident they'll get it done.

I expect a 3 or 4 yr deal worth 13-14 million per

ambchang
06-23-2006, 10:17 PM

I am not saying Wade sucks, he is good, and I think he is the 2nd best perimeter player behind Kobe right now. He is an amazing player, but he getting way too much credit in the series. Mourning stepped out, Jason Williams and Gary Payton put in important contributions when it counted, Shaq, despite being over the hill, is STILL one of the top 3 big men in the game, and even Antoine Walker didn't screw up late in games. Wade had lots of help in the series, while Stackhouse, Terry, Daniels, Howard did not deliver.
No matter how good a player is, he needs his teammates to step up at crucial times.
And his jumpshot was very suspect when he first came into the league, he worked hard at it, and it's sometimes good now. He wasn't even a 3pt threat in the regular season, and then he got extremely hot, especially in the Detroit series.

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 10:47 PM
The Spurs will beat the Pistons next year in the finals.

REDLION#22
06-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Hell no!!! the heat will beat the spurs in next years finals! the pistons will be lucky to get past the 1st round the only way it could happen is if the oppposing teams best player is injured.

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 01:34 PM

Yes!

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 01:35 PM
that's pretty typical of the level of intelligent discourse from miami fans. give them a break, they're not used to even having an NBA team yet. emoticons are the limit to their language abilities. look at red lion, he can barely even form a sentence.

Stop hating!!!You're just mad because the Miami Heat beat your Detroit Pistons.

REDLION#22
06-24-2006, 01:57 PM
that's pretty typical of the level of intelligent discourse from miami fans. give them a break, they're not used to even having an NBA team yet. emoticons are the limit to their language abilities. look at redlion, he can barely even form a sentence.

well instead of critizosing why dont you actually write some inteligent thoughts yourself??? :rolleyes OH WAIT!!! pissed ons fans dont know much outside of det-riot basketball and the palace of the burned hills.and if you question my faith and heart i question your mind.go to the heat board and you will see we have more inteligent and loyal fans than in the pissed on board UGH!!! THOSE INSENSITIVE GHETTO,ONE-SIDED,LUCKY,OVERRATED,CRUEL,UNHEARTED,CLASSLESS,DI RTY CRIMINAL THUGS!!!

THEY DONT DESERVE A PLACE IN SPORTS...

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 02:04 PM
well instead of critizosing why dont you actually write some inteligent thoughts yourself??? :rolleyes OH WAIT!!! pissed ons fans dont know much outside of det-riot basketball and the palace of the burned hills.and if you question my faith and heart i question your mind.go to the heat board and you will see we have more inteligent and loyal fans than in the pissed on board UGH!!! THOSE INSENSITIVE GHETTO,ONE-SIDED,LUCKY,OVERRATED,CRUEL,UNHEARTED,CLASSLESS,DI RTY CRIMINAL THUGS!!!

Exactly!!!!

Marklar MM
06-24-2006, 02:24 PM
LOL. This shit is funny.

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 05:36 PM
LOL. This shit is funny.

Lol!

REDLION#22
06-25-2006, 11:00 AM
funny but true;)

himat
06-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Redellion you can't even spell right. The heat earned it this year, but if the Pistons resign Ben your team better wathc it's back. Miami is so old. Shaq had his last year of dominance.

REDLION#22
06-25-2006, 03:20 PM
great now we have a grammar police :rolleyes

oh and about ben wallace...OMG!!!!!! youre right we must be careful!!! the guy can score 30 points just by getting to the line!!!

PUH-LISE!!!!SHAQ OWNS BIG BEN SHAQ'S POWERFUL ARMS ARE BIGGER THAN BEN WALLACE HIMSELF.

awmyplace
06-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Redellion you can't even spell right. The heat earned it this year, but if the Pistons resign Ben your team better wathc it's back. Miami is so old. Shaq had his last year of dominance.

Stop hating!Shaq is better than Ben Wallace if you ask me.Miami is not old.
The Pistons is so old if you ask

awmyplace
06-25-2006, 03:49 PM
The Pistons is so old if you ask me

himat
06-25-2006, 03:57 PM
great now we have a grammar police :rolleyes

oh and about ben wallace...OMG!!!!!! youre right we must be careful!!! the guy can score 30 points just by getting to the line!!!

PUH-LISE!!!!SHAQ OWNS BIG BEN SHAQ'S POWERFUL ARMS ARE BIGGER THAN BEN WALLACE HIMSELF.

Think what you want bandwagoner.

himat
06-25-2006, 03:59 PM
The Pistons is so old if you ask

Miami is very old except for Wade, Symien, and Jason Williams. Gary, Alonzo, Walker, and Shaq won't give what they gave you this year next season.

REDLION#22
06-25-2006, 04:01 PM
neither will horse teeth hamilton,linsay lohan and antonio mcnugget...

REDLION#22
06-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Think what you want bandwagoner.

:lmao :lol :rollin

really,thats all you have to say??? :lol :lol :lol

man im shocked!!! :lol

go to www.heat.infopop.cc/groupee/

you willl see im the leader :king and prolly the most loyal heat fan there;)

himat
06-25-2006, 04:51 PM
I just assumed that because you only came here after Miami won. If your one of the good posters there than you should at least know that rip isn't that old. You make it sound like the Pistons aren't anything. They were better than the Heat all year except Miami got it together on time and won. Trust me you won't cruise to the finals next year. I don't really care if you think that because it only helps. Good luck defending the championship (it's very hard) :fro .

REDLION#22
06-25-2006, 11:59 PM
The Pistons Have Never Ever Been Better Than The Heat Shutup N Listen!!!:

Last Year A Hat Team With Its Entire Starting Lineup Injured Took Your Team To 7 Games,this Year Even The Cavs Almost Exposed Your Team,then We Killed It

Its Simple

Heat>cavs<pistons

Darrin
06-26-2006, 12:13 AM
well instead of critizosing why dont you actually write some inteligent thoughts yourself??? OH WAIT!!! pissed ons fans dont know much outside of det-riot basketball and the palace of the burned hills.and if you question my faith and heart i question your mind.go to the heat board and you will see we have more inteligent and loyal fans than in the pissed on board UGH!!! THOSE INSENSITIVE GHETTO,ONE-SIDED,LUCKY,OVERRATED,CRUEL,UNHEARTED,CLASSLESS,DI RTY CRIMINAL THUGS!!!

Criticizing. Intelligent. :lmao

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 12:17 AM
thank you,now provide a more intelligent thought.;)

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 12:19 AM
thank you,now provide a more intelligent thought.;)

You're a cool Heat fan Redlion!

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 12:31 AM
lol that was sorta ironic:im a COOL HEAT fan!

mikejones99
06-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Why are there not more Heat fans instead of all these goddam Michigan fuckers?

himat
06-26-2006, 02:13 PM

:flipoff :flipoff

mikejones99
06-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Ben Wallace is goin to espape from hell soon. The Lions still suck doggie dix and everyone should evacuate OC. Thanks and good night. Robert Horry rules

JamStone
06-26-2006, 02:16 PM
The Pistons Have Never Ever Been Better Than The Heat Shutup N Listen!!!:

Last Year A Hat Team With Its Entire Starting Lineup Injured Took Your Team To 7 Games,this Year Even The Cavs Almost Exposed Your Team,then We Killed It

Its Simple

Heat>cavs<pistons

If this is the same REDLION from the Miami Heat board, he stated that when the Miami Heat beat the Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals, he would stop talking about the Pistons. His Miami Heat team played so well that they won an NBA title, a great, great achievement.

And, yet instead of enjoying the title, he still can't stop bashing the Pistons.

Sad life.

The Heat were great this playoffs. And, they deserved to win the NBA championship. How hard is it for a simple-minded Heat fan to just let his hatred go for a team that his team beat already?

Sad life.

himat
06-26-2006, 02:18 PM
:lol I just laugh at your pussy ass hiding behind your screenname.

JamStone
06-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Ben Wallace is goin to espape from hell soon. The Lions still suck doggie dix and everyone should evacuate OC. Thanks and good night. Robert Horry rules

If Ben Wallace leaves, then he leaves. The Pistons management will do what they can to keep him in Detroit. And, if not, they will do what they think is best for the organization. Why do you need to hate on Michigan?

Almost all of the Detroit fans that frequent this Spurs website show a lot of respect for the Spurs and most of their fans. Yet, there are still a few of you asshole Spurs fans who have to continue to hate on Pistons, Pistons fans, the City of Detroit, and the State of Michigan. What a wretched life you must live, mikejones99.

Spurs fans can talk all they want to Pistons fans since they won the championship this year ... oh wait ... since they made it farther in playoffs than Detroit ... oh wait ... since they had a better regular season than Detroit ... oh wait ... since they beat Detroit both times in the regular season ... oh wait ...nevermind.

Go suck on an eggplant.

mikejones99
06-26-2006, 02:22 PM
I just laugh at all them criminals that should have been arested for ruining the Pacers season last year. What a joke of a state to let criminals rule the area.

himat
06-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I just laugh at all them criminals that should have been arested for ruining the Pacers season last year. What a joke of a state to let criminals rule the area.

Don't judge everyone by 1 guy alright. If I judged evryone in San Antonio by you yall would look like bitches
:lol .

Quadzilla99
06-26-2006, 02:26 PM
The Pistons don't have 1 top 15 player in the league maybe even top 20 they are done imo. You need a dominant player to be a consistent force. Teams like the 2004 Pistons, 1979 Sonics, and 1978 Bullets are rare. Indeed they are the only three teams since 1957 to have won a title without a dominant player.

Marklar MM
06-26-2006, 02:29 PM
The Pistons don't have 1 top 15 player in the league maybe even top 20 they are done imo. You need a dominant player to be a consistent force. Teams like the 2004 Pistons, 1979 Sonics, and 1978 Bullets are rare. Indeed they are the only three teams since 1957 to have won a title without a dominant player.

Thank you for restating what many have already said in the past couple years.

mikejones99
06-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Hundreds of Michigan lunatic were doing criminal acts the night Indiana kicked the pistons ass. Stephen Jackson did what most people wish they could do and beat the hell out of those morons throwing shit on the court. I just hate the ignorant fans and most of Oakland county. In the OC jail is filled with mostly blacks yet the county is mostly white, do you fools not see a goddam problem there.

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 02:37 PM
:lol I just laugh at your pussy ass hiding behind your screenname.

Who?

himat
06-26-2006, 03:25 PM
I wasn't talking to you I was talking to mikejones 99.

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 03:29 PM
I wasn't talking to you I was talking to mikejones 99.

Oh Okay!

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 06:41 PM

AMEN to that thought:)

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 06:46 PM
If this is the same REDLION from the Miami Heat board, he stated that when the Miami Heat beat the Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals, he would stop talking about the Pistons. His Miami Heat team played so well that they won an NBA title, a great, great achievement.
And, yet instead of enjoying the title, he still can't stop bashing the Pistons.
Sad life.

Sad life.

IF you have been latley to the heat boards you will see that i said I BROKE MY PROMISE AND I WOULD CONTINUE TO BASH THE PISSED ONS.trust me im more than extreemley happy to win the title but there is nothing better than revebge to alll those insensitive cocky criminals that also bashed us throughout the past 2 seasons;)

himat
06-26-2006, 06:50 PM
They aren't criminals and they are way better than the Heat. They just weren't as oood for those 2 weeks.

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 06:51 PM
IF you have been latley to the heat boards you will see that i said I BROKE MY PROMISE AND I WOULD CONTINUE TO BASH THE PISSED ONS.trust me im more than extreemley happy to win the title but there is nothing better than revebge to alll those insensitive cocky criminals that also bashed us throughout the past 2 seasons;)

Exactly!

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 06:51 PM
:rolleyes
They aren't criminals and they are way better than the Heat. They just weren't as oood for those 2 weeks.

himat
06-26-2006, 06:54 PM
:rolleyes

Don't roll your eyes. Good job you won
:clap . Just wait till next season.

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Don't roll your eyes. Good job you won
:clap . Just wait till next season.

Thanks!

Kori Ellis
06-26-2006, 06:59 PM
How old is Red Lion? 12?

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 07:01 PM
How old is Red Lion? 12?

He's 15

Pistons < Spurs
06-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Birthday:
August 22, 1990

Kori Ellis
06-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Oh ... I didn't look at his profile. The posts just seemed so junior high-esque to me.

Anyway.

Is there a point to this thread?

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Oh ... I didn't look at his profile. The posts just seemed so junior high-esque to me.

Anyway.

Who you the mod on here?I'm just asking.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Yes, I own and run this board.

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Yes, I own and run this board.

Oh Okay!

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 09:47 PM

really so they decided not to be good :rolleyes ...just to give the heat a chance :rolleyes.man...typical detriot fan when thwy win they think they deserve EVERYTHING.but when they loose they fail to give credit to other teams,for doing such a great defensive job on them...

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 09:49 PM
really so they decided not to be good :rolleyes ...just to give the heat a chance :rolleyes.man...typical detriot fan when thwy win they think they deserve EVERYTHING.but when they loose they fail to give credit to other teams,for doing such a great defensive job on them...

Exactly!

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 09:53 PM

Really??? so if a person is 15-16 does that makes his posts pointless :rolleyes

ABDENOUR POWER
06-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Really??? so if a person is 15-16 does that makes his posts pointless :rolleyes

Not at all. Age is not a barrier to quality conversation.

Intelligence is.

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 10:08 PM
well then you should be loooooong gone grandpa...

ABDENOUR POWER
06-26-2006, 10:13 PM
well then you should be loooooong gone grandpa...

Grandpa? I'm younger than the majority of posters on these boards. I just wish it would stay that way, forums are so much better when most posters are adults.

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 10:15 PM
:wtf:

ABDENOUR POWER
06-26-2006, 10:16 PM
:wtf:

The picture in my avatar isn't me, genious.

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 10:19 PM
I Know It Isint You!!!! Its Jut That Your Post Does Not Make Any Sense.

emo serb
06-26-2006, 10:37 PM
And you call our run a fluke? I don't see you giving the Pistons credit for what they have done.

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 10:46 PM
they havent done anything worthy;)

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=REDLION#22]they havent done anything worthy;)[/QUOTE

They have won three championships!

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 10:52 PM
i of them was a undeserved fluke...the other 2 were on a different era where they would get away with every punch puch bump and kick they would throw at the opposition.

awmyplace
06-26-2006, 10:54 PM
i of them was a undeserved fluke...the other 2 were on a different era where they would get away with every punch puch bump and kick they would throw at the opposition.

Amen!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Right, because without the aid of the officials, Miami can't win...

REDLION#22
06-26-2006, 10:58 PM
neither can the pistons without the oppsing team being injured:rolleyes

when teams are healthy OH BOY pistons are even worse than the knicks...

06-26-2006, 11:02 PM
neither can the pistons without the oppsing team being injured:rolleyes

when teams are healthy OH BOY pistons are even worse than the knicks...

The Pistons have nothing to do with the Heat being a fluke, ref-aided champ.

Try again...

mikejones99
06-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Not many people in Michigan can handle the truth. Miami would have played in the finals vs the Spurs last year if Wade was healthy for game 7. The Media and especially those idiots gave Miami no respect in this years playoffs just because detroit eased through the regular season. You can never underestimate Shaq. Thanks oddsmakers for making the heat big underdoogs. Those who knew cashed in baby.

jaysmooth004
06-27-2006, 03:59 PM
hey where did all the mavs fans go??? lol

mabber
06-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Not many people in Michigan can handle the truth. Miami would have played in the finals vs the Spurs last year if Wade was healthy for game 7. The Media and especially those idiots gave Miami no respect in this years playoffs just because detroit eased through the regular season. You can never underestimate Shaq. Thanks oddsmakers for making the heat big underdoogs. Those who knew cashed in baby.

Actually, I cashed in on 4 of the 6 games of the finals just betting on the Mavs. It was my only consolation to the Mavs losing the series. The Mavs covered in games 1, 2, 3 & 5. Plus, I had the unders in games 1 & 2. I made a good chunk of change on that series.

REDLION#22
06-27-2006, 06:38 PM
The Pistons have nothing to do with the Heat being a fluke, ref-aided champ.

Try again...

dam! i am 15 but man this guy is no more than 5 or 6 :lol.besides its not like the refs sit down and say"oh lets help the heat today" :rolleyes

himat
06-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Redellion get over yourself. Every champion gets lucky. You want injuries? Here you go.

2004 NBA Champion Pistons Injuries:
Jermaine Oneal
Karl Malone

2006 NBA Champion Heat Injuries:
Tyson Chandler
Richard Jefferson
Rasheed Wallace

:stfu before I have to prove you wrong again.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-27-2006, 06:57 PM
WTF is this championship hating from Heat fans? That's for fans of teams that don't have any, they're the only ones that should be trying to disparage other championships. Once you've actually won something it's pretty simple: If you want others to respect your rings you should respect theirs. That's all...

REDLION#22
06-27-2006, 07:04 PM
god bless you winnipeg srur!:) finnaly someone recognizes the heat.

awmyplace
06-27-2006, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=Winnipeg_Spur]WTF is this championship hating from Heat fans? That's for fans of teams that don't have any, they're the only ones that should be trying to disparage other championships. Once you've actually won something it's pretty simple: If you want others to respect your rings you should respect theirs. That's all...[/QUOTE

Amen!

emo serb
06-28-2006, 09:16 AM
god bless you winnipeg srur!:) finnaly someone recognizes the heat.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's saying you should respect what the Pistons have done. If you did that maybe the Heat would get some respect from us.

himat
06-28-2006, 09:42 AM
:lol :lol :lmao :lmao . Since Redellion is a dumbass I'll put it into simpler words for you: no one is going to respect you if you don't respect them and until you win at least 1 more tim not many will think you're that good. :lol

REDLION#22
06-28-2006, 06:16 PM
then i suppose that goes for the pistons too:rolleyes,even when we show em respect they do not show it back at us;).bessides the "god bless you" comments i made were sarcasm.

awmyplace
06-28-2006, 06:19 PM
then i suppose that goes for the pistons too:rolleyes,even when we show em respect they do not show it back at us;).bessides the "god bless you" comments i made were sarcasm.

They don't have respect for other fans either.

himat
06-28-2006, 09:48 PM
How about you read redellion because I said good job Miami. Awmyplace I just said the Heat did a good job againt the Pistons and won what more do you expect. I'm never going to say the Heat are better because i don't believe that I think the
Pistons are >>>>>>>>>>>than the Heat, but they lost this time.

awmyplace
06-28-2006, 09:53 PM
How about you read redellion because I said good job Miami. Awmyplace I just said the Heat did a good job againt the Pistons and won what more do you expect. I'm never going to say the Heat are better because i don't believe that I think the
Pistons are >>>>>>>>>>>than the Heat, but they lost this time.

Oh Okay!

himat
06-28-2006, 09:55 PM
:lol Why are your posts so funny?

awmyplace
06-28-2006, 09:59 PM
:lol Why are your posts so funny?

Because I like my posts beening funny.

REDLION#22
06-28-2006, 10:55 PM
redellion

:lol :lol :lol

ha! so much shit about critizising awmyplace for her spelling but let me tell ya dude;you are not much better;)

ITS REDLION

NOT

REDELLION

dam dont they have english teachers in detriot???oh wait the city itself is to cheap to even run water through homes...

06-28-2006, 11:06 PM
City smack is weak and frowned upon at ST.

awmyplace
06-28-2006, 11:06 PM
:lol :lol :lol

ha! so much shit about critizising awmyplace for her spelling but let me tell ya dude;you are not much better;)

Exactly!He can't even spell your name right.Atleast I know how to spell your name right.

ITS REDLION

NOT

REDELLION

dam dont they have english teachers in detriot???oh wait the city itself is to cheap to even run water through homes...

Every state in the United States have English Teachers in their schools.

REDLION#22
06-28-2006, 11:09 PM
appearentley detriot dosent...

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2006, 11:10 PM
appearentley detriot dosent...

apparently Detroit doesn't

3 words...and you got them all wrong while bitching about others education! Brilliant!

REDLION#22
06-28-2006, 11:12 PM
City smack is weak and frowned upon at ST.

really is it really weak or are you just mad or ashamed of your city,and have no comments in its defense.

besides if its such a weak thing why dont you build a stronger argument??? :rolleyes oh wait...you dont have the inteligence to do it...

REDLION#22
06-28-2006, 11:14 PM
apparently Detroit doesn't

3 words...and you got them all wrong while bitching about others education! Brilliant!

i was bitching others,because they were bitching at me in the first place;)besides im not from detriot or burned hills

awmyplace
06-28-2006, 11:18 PM
i was bitching others,because they were bitching at me in the first place;)besides im not from detriot or burned hills

They are just mad beacause the Heat beat them.

REDLION#22
06-28-2006, 11:28 PM
no offense but that sounded veeeery childish...

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2006, 11:30 PM
no offense but that sounded veeeery childish...

LMAO!

Says the 15 year old, who posts so many idiotic statements that most people here think he's 9 years old.

REDLION#22
06-28-2006, 11:42 PM
they say im inmature but not a 9 year old besides at least i can hold into a discussion,unlike piston fans who just reply with sarcasm and jokes.

Kori Ellis
06-28-2006, 11:44 PM
I have tried to steer this thread back onto the right track, but it's beyond repair now.

Move on.