PDA

View Full Version : Will the real "next Michael Jordan" please stand up....

ShackO
06-22-2006, 07:50 PM
How many players in the NBA are presently talked about as the "next MJ" or where once talked about as such...???

Can’t they come up with another accolade?

:pctoss

atxrocker
06-22-2006, 07:51 PM
i completely agree. jordan was a one of a kind player and will remain a legend for his amazing career. there will never be another mj.

jman3000
06-22-2006, 07:52 PM
matt bonner has next mj written all over him.

REDLION#22
06-22-2006, 08:02 PM
there is not such thing;) not even my man wade...no one will ever in a million years be as good a air jordan(i mean that)

JMarkJohns
06-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Wade is the closest thing to the younger Jordan that we have seen, however.

I think a year by year comparison is fair.

But to compare the matured, title-winning MJ to a 24-year old is harsh and unrealistic for the younger to live up to.

The 91-98 Jordan was the best wing I've ever seen, having started following basketball in 1986. The numbers are very close and Wade has the ring. To that, I tip my cap, but he's not Jordan and as stated above, likely will never be (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

DirkAB
06-22-2006, 10:59 PM
The comparisons are unavoidable, everybody wants there to be another MJ and Larry Bird. So any amazing SG who has a ring and is clutch will draw the comparison to MJ; and any white SF superstars who can shoot and dominate a game will be compared to LB.

Shank
06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Harold Miner.

Holmes_Fans
06-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Harold Miner, J.R. Rider, and Jerry Stackhouse were all dubbed the next Michael Jordans

As for wade. I never saw MJ hit game winning free throws.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-23-2006, 03:25 AM
Harold Miner, J.R. Rider, and Jerry Stackhouse were all dubbed the next Michael Jordans

all of those mentioned made me almost piss me pants...especially dumbass whackhouse! :lol :lol :lol

PM5K
06-23-2006, 03:54 AM

I guess you missed a couple of his 1251 games played.

March 26, 1985 vs. Indiana, 120-119
Two free throws with five seconds left.

Oct. 25, 1985 vs. Cleveland, 116-115
Jordan is at the line to win the game against the Cavs. He misses the first, but drains number two for the victory.

Feb. 12, 1988 vs. Milwaukee, 95-93
Terry Cummings sends Jordan to the floor with the hard foul, but Jordan exacts revenge by coolly dropping in both free throws with two ticks left for a Chicago victory.

April 3, 1988 vs. Detroit, 112-110
Two free throws with four seconds left.

May 19, 1989 vs. New York, 113-111
After Trent Tucker's four-point play tied Game 6 of the 1989 Eastern Conference Semifinals at 111, Jordan stepped to the free throw line and iced the series with two freebies with four seconds left.

March 18, 1997 vs. Seattle, 89-87 (OT)
With the Sonics battling the Bulls in OT, Gary Payton fouls Jordan on the jumper with eight seconds remaining. Jordan goes to the line, sinking both free throws to shut down Seattle.

Obstructed_View
06-23-2006, 03:56 AM
Dwayne Wade is a damn sight closer to Jordan than Dirk is to Bird. The only thing Dirk and Bird have in common is melanin content.

PM5K
06-23-2006, 03:58 AM
You just insulted Michael and his entire family by even mentioning Dirk in the same thread as him....

Axl Van Dam
06-23-2006, 04:05 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

But seriously I think there will never be another Michael Jordan.

RON ARTEST
06-23-2006, 05:55 AM
god spurs fans sure act like it. i have never seen fans so happy to get a player thats on his level, which isnt very high.

polandprzem
06-23-2006, 08:25 AM
That's frickin' horriable.
How many years more do I have to hear "next Jordan" stuff?

It's makes me sick.

"He played like Jordan"
"His game is close to Jordan's"
"He is another Jordan"
"He even behaves like Jordan"
" Ohh that was a Jordanisque play by him"...and on , and on ,and on..........

MadDog73
06-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Someone will eventually be better than MJ. It's just human nature to want to be better then past competitors, no record goes unbroken.

That said, pre-mature comparisons are off-base. Wait until someone wins 6 Championships in 8 years before we even think of comparing them to Jordan.

MadDog73
06-23-2006, 09:06 AM
god spurs fans sure act like it. i have never seen fans so happy to get a player thats on his level, which isnt very high.

:rolleyes Come on. Everyone here knows he's not the next Tim Duncan or anything.

It's just something to talk about.

Most Spurs fans are just happy to unload Rasho's contract, which we thought we'd never do... (no offense to Rasho, of course).

ShackO
06-23-2006, 09:21 AM
That's frickin' horriable.
How many years more do I have to hear "next Jordan" stuff?

It's makes me sick.

"He played like Jordan"
"His game is close to Jordan's"
"He is another Jordan"
"He even behaves like Jordan"
" Ohh that was a Jordanisque play by him"...and on , and on ,and on..........

THNX YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap

Texas_Ranger
06-23-2006, 09:23 AM
jordan was a one of a kind player and will remain a legend for his amazing career. there will never be another mj.

I absolutely agree with you.

Holmes_Fans
06-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Dwyane Wade wouldn't be able to survive back in the Jordan era. Dwyane Wade gets hit going to the basket he throws the ball up and falls to the ground. Jordan gets hit he always found a way to get the ball in.

Wade has to pass kobe before he gets to MJ.

Medvedenko
06-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Wade has to pass kobe before he gets to MJ...
nuff said...seriously Wade is a phenominal player, however given Kobe's accomplishments and accolades it's hard to compare DW to MJ as it's hard to compare Kobe to MJ. Kobe is the best perimeter player in the L today.