PDA

View Full Version : harris wants to start next year dirk clean shaven now

ducks
06-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Terry haunted, but free agency is ahead

Last shot haunts Terry, but he probably will cash in on Finals effort

11:41 PM CDT on Thursday, June 22, 2006

By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News

The past few nights have not been kind to Jason Terry.

The final 3-point attempt from Game 6 has haunted the Mavericks guard.

"Man, every two or three hours, I wake up and replay that last shot over and over in my mind, hoping it goes in," Terry said. "But it never goes in."
The immediate future might be better for Terry, an unrestricted free agent who averaged 18.9 points in the playoffs.

"God is going to work it out in the end," Terry said. "Wherever I wind up, it'll be good and I'll be thankful. Hopefully it will be in Dallas."

Terry, who was paid $6.6 million last season, said the Mavericks have made it clear they want him back. He says he has a good idea what will happen.

"The smile says it all," he said.

Bad taste: Josh Howard and Dirk Nowitzki also were bothered by how the season ended.

Nowitzki made a symbolic fresh start, cutting his beard and doing a major trim on his hair. "I was sitting home [Wednesday] disappointed ... and I had to do something," said Nowitzki, who said he would love a do-over on the three games in Miami. "It's a little sad that it throws a shadow over the whole season we had."

Said Howard, who shot 38.8 percent in the Finals: "I'm still upset about the whole situation, but you just have to get better. We got somewhere a lot of people didn't expect us to get to."

Josh Howard and a clean-shaven Dirk Nowitzki emptied their lockers at American Airlines Center.

His time: Point guard Devin Harris started 15 playoff games and would like to see that translate into next season. Asked if his time had come, Harris said: "I'm definitely hoping so. You can only be held back for so long."

Van Horn, Griffin up: Free agent Keith Van Horn repeated that he would like to return, even for less money. Adrian Griffin's contract also is up, which is nothing new for the undrafted seven-year veteran. "I've been a free agent all my career," Griffin said. "I'd love to be back here. But I understand how things go."

Briefly: Harris said he may visit Germany this summer. ... Jerry Stackhouse met the media with four blue stitches in his head, the result of a Dwyane Wade elbow in Game 6. ... Nowitzki said he will probably play for the German national team this summer. ... Terry will conduct a few summer camps in Dallas, including one at Lincoln High School.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/062306dnspomavsnotes.14f0e4a.html

violentkitten
06-23-2006, 09:40 AM
you cant keep players happy for long without playing that is the fatal flaw in the portland model.

NBA Junkie
06-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Another thing I noticed about Dirk is that he didn't sport the buzzcut that he had prior to other postseasons. Must have been superstitious since it hadn't worked out so well in the past.

I don't think Devin Harris has anything to worry about. The Mavs clearly view him as their point guard of the future. He'll start whether JET re-ups or not. I always viewed Terry as more of a off guard anyway.

1Parker1
06-23-2006, 09:45 AM
:lol @ Ducks thread title...

mabber
06-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Another thing I noticed about Dirk is that he didn't sport the buzzcut that he had prior to other postseasons. Must have been superstitious since it hadn't worked out so well in the past.

I don't think Devin Harris has anything to worry about. The Mavs clearly view him as their point guard of the future. He'll start whether JET re-ups or not. I always viewed Terry as more of a off guard anyway.

Harris will start at point guard with Terry at 2-guard. Terry ain't going anywhere...trust me.

Phenomanul
06-23-2006, 09:52 AM

Our resident quack....

CubanMustGo
06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
NBA forum ...

ducks
06-23-2006, 10:02 AM
NBA forum ... :rolleyes

if harris starts it effects the spurs because he plays for dallas
also it might effect how much terry gets paid and he might not want to go to the 2 guard

ducks
06-23-2006, 10:04 AM
I am glad I made you laugh you deserve to smile :smokin

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 10:09 AM

Good job, ducks.

Harris must improve his jumpshot.

How much money does Terry want?

ducks
06-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Good job, ducks.

Harris must improve his jumpshot.

How much money does Terry want?

number I heard before finals was 10-12 million

I am sure he wants the max now :smokin

greywheel
06-23-2006, 10:36 AM
if harris starts it effects the spurs because he plays for dallas
also it might effect how much terry gets paid and he might not want to go to the 2 guard

By that logic every line up change for the league should be posted in the Spurs forum. We'll just allow more Dallas threads because they are in the same division. :lol

mabber
06-23-2006, 10:50 AM
number I heard before finals was 10-12 million

I am sure he wants the max now :smokin

Terry isn't getting a max contract from anyone. Mavs will sign him to a 5-6 year deal ($60-70 million)

leemajors
06-23-2006, 10:53 AM
5-6 years at 60-70 isn't a small deal. i don't think harris can start a whole season, he's way too brittle. eating might help, dude is rail-thin.

mabber
06-23-2006, 11:00 AM
5-6 years at 60-70 isn't a small deal. i don't think harris can start a whole season, he's way too brittle. eating might help, dude is rail-thin.

He's never been injury-prone, but things could change. He's is very small but I don't think he's brittle at all. Haslem slammed him to the floor and it was Haslem that got hurt on the play. I sat next to his mom (didn't know it until after the game) for game 3 of the Mavs/Spurs series and she was not small but then again she's like a mother of 10 kids.

leemajors
06-23-2006, 11:18 AM
He's never been injury-prone, but things could change. He's is very small but I don't think he's brittle at all. Haslem slammed him to the floor and it was Haslem that got hurt on the play. I sat next to his mom (didn't know it until after the game) for game 3 of the Mavs/Spurs series and she was not small but then again she's like a mother of 10 kids.

wasn't he hurt a good portion of this last year?

mabber
06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
wasn't he hurt a good portion of this last year?

I don't recall him being hurt in 2004-05 season, but my memory is terrible. He's really cut when you see him up close. He's not thin/weak like Nash.

Brutalis
06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
harris is a wee little bitch who needs an attitude adjustment.

1Parker1
06-23-2006, 11:36 AM

You always do make me laugh my weird little bird friend. :makeout

thispego
06-23-2006, 11:38 AM
<

see my title

scrubs dont start.... if they do, the team loses

JamStone
06-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Harris is the better point guard of the two. I think he should start at point. Against the Heat, Harris did a fairly good job defending Dwyane Wade. Problem is against certain teams with big 2-guards, either Harris or Terry will struggle at the defensive end if they are playing together in the backcourt for most of the game. I personally think they should let Terry walk, get a veteran back-up point guard like Bobby Jackson (though not injury proned) and slide Josh Howard to the 2-guard and get a bigger small forward, along the lines of Al Harrington. Would be tough for Cuban to sign off on all that since they were in the Finals. But, that is what they should do to improve their team even more. If they could somehow trade Marquis Daniels (make him the point guard for the Hawks), Josh Powell or Mbenga, and maybe a draft pick for Al Harrington, that Dallas team would be even better.

NBA Junkie
06-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Harris will start at point guard with Terry at 2-guard. Terry ain't going anywhere...trust me.

I'm inclined to agree. I doubt he'd want to go back to a losing situation like he had in Atlanta after coming oh so close to a title in Dallas.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-23-2006, 02:21 PM
RaCK THE DUCKs I SaiDD

1Parker1
06-23-2006, 02:28 PM
<

see my title

scrubs dont start.... if they do, the team loses

:lmao You do realize that in the Spurs/Mavs series, Devin Harris started every game except the first one (which the Mavs lost) and the Mavs ended up winning the series with him starting? Your logic doesn't make sense.

Kori Ellis
06-23-2006, 02:30 PM
This isn't the Mavs section.

texlawman
06-23-2006, 02:37 PM
In a perfect world I think they want Harris at the 1, Terry resigned at the 2, and Daniels to improve and primarily back up the 1. Stackhouse would shift between the 2,3, and occassional 4.

Harris does seem to be a little injury prone, but it primarily is in his calves. I think he wears down cause he's undersized. Probably will not be capable of playing 40 minutes a game so you need a backup one who can play a legit 15-20 minutes a night when called on.

StylisticS
06-23-2006, 08:45 PM
as long as Harris starts, that's fine by me. If it means to take our hits for one season, so be it. But I want him starting.

atxrocker
06-23-2006, 08:55 PM
harris is quite possibly the only player on the mavs roster that i like. the guy is fast and showed tons of potential for the seasons to come. i do feel like in his current role in dallas he is being held back. i think he could have a bright future in this league.