PDA

View Full Version : 2007 WCF Game 7

jaffies
06-23-2006, 11:06 AM
June 7, 2007

I’m through with this team!
Let the trade Parker, Manu, Duncan and fire Pop threads roll. C’mon, seriously…how can the best team in the league with a franchise-record 64 win season gain a 2-0 lead in the WCF only to lose in 7? Now Satan…I mean Stern will have his dream NBA finals of Phoenix vs. Miami - Stoudemire vs. Shaq - Nash vs. Wade.

I just can’t believe we’d lose to this team after Diaw was sidelined for games 2 and 3 with that knee injury, and after Raja was suspended for game 5 for kneeing Bowen in the nuts...twice. Duncan, once again, showed why he’s the best player in the game while averaging 34 pts and 15 rebs for the series. And Stoudamire showed that he has rounded out his game and is capable of demanding double-teams on every possession. Parker was brilliant, but still couldn’t distribute the ball well enough to get it done.

And no, I will not bring up the refs. Even when baited by the media to bad-mouth the officiating, Pop and his team would not bite…unless you count the time Horry called Bavetta a ‘cock-master’. Maybe we could blame it on Pop for not sticking to his guns and switching to small-ball after game 4. Maybe we could blame it on Manu for his disappearing act in games 3 and 5 (even though he had a career high 48-point effort in game 2). Or maybe some of the blame could be put on us, the fans, for being so DAMN QUIET for the home games. C’mon, fucking stand up and shout for once in you life.

So now…we’re gone fishin’.

I was exstatic with the back-to-back spectacular off-seasons from the Spurs. Javotokas turned out to be a monster, Barry was sent away for JR Smith, we couldn’t get Jack but we got Speedy, and who the hell would have thought that Bonner would end up as the new heartthrob in SA? And even with all that, we still didn’t show the heart that only champions show in their time of need.

Oh, well…it’s another depressing NBA finals that I’ll say I’m not gonna watch but watch every single second of while wearing my D. Wade jersey.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-23-2006, 11:09 AM
call me now fo yo fee weadin....mrs cleo!

Shank
06-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Your crystal ball says Horry gets enough playing time to call out a ref?