PDA

View Full Version : What about Van Exel???

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Are you guys keeping him or what? I haven't heard anything on this...

bigdog
06-23-2006, 12:10 PM
hes retiring,he already said it before the season ended

Slomo
06-23-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't think he has another season left in his knees.

picnroll
06-23-2006, 12:13 PM
He's retiring and T Park and he are getting married this summer.

ALVAREZ6
06-23-2006, 12:13 PM
He's retiring, thank God!!!!!!!

Van Exel is the worst Spur ever.

1Parker1
06-23-2006, 12:22 PM

Umm, Charlie Ward anyone...

picnroll
06-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Umm, Charlie Ward anyone...
Since Ward get didn't off the bench he was better.

SPARKY
06-23-2006, 12:31 PM
He's gone, RubADub.

Extra Stout
06-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Dwayne Schintzius.
Sidney Green.
Negele Knight.
Charles Smith.
J.R. Reid.

ALVAREZ6
06-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Dwayne Schintzius.
Sidney Green.
Negele Knight.
Charles Smith.
J.R. Reid.
None of them are nearly as scrubby and retarded as Nick Van Exel.

I'd rather have all of those guys on my roster than NVE.

NBA Junkie
06-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Mike James, anyone?

Don't know how receptive he'd be to coming off the bench after starting with the Raptors.

Or do you roll the dice and hope Beno has developed into a better player during NVE's stay?

SenorSpur
06-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Mike James, anyone?

Don't know how receptive he'd be to coming off the bench after starting with the Raptors.

Or do you roll the dice and hope Beno has developed into a better player during NVE's stay?

James is on record for stating two things.

1. He's looking to get PAID and
2. He'd rather go home to Houston

ALVAREZ6
06-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Beno>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NVE

Texas_Ranger
06-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Beno>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NVE

:lol :tu

NBA Junkie
06-23-2006, 12:51 PM
James is on record for stating two things.

1. He's looking to get PAID and
2. He'd rather go home to Houston

He's an idiot if he thinks he's going to get more than the MLE from anyone else. He's a journeyman player like Damon Jones with a better game. Also, someone has to score on a lousy team. Sure, he had Bosh, but I would have been more impressed had he averaged 20 and 6 with a contending team.

Geez, it's not like Houston is on the other side of the continent. :rolleyes

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I didn't know he was retiring...I remember how he helped the Mavs in '02-'03...I didn't see how he played this year.

picnroll
06-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I didn't know he was retiring...I remember how he helped the Mavs in '02-'03...I didn't see how he played this year.
What? No credit for how he helped the Mavs in '06? I remember after the '03 Mav - Spurs series NVE said he wanted to come back and help the Mavs win a title. He nearly did.

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 01:03 PM
What? No credit for how he helped the Mavs in '06? I remember after the '03 Mav - Spurs series NVE said he wanted to come back and help the Mavs win a title. He nearly did.

LMAO :smokin

mardigan
06-23-2006, 01:37 PM

I could probably name a starting 5 of worse Spurs than Van X

tsb2000
06-23-2006, 06:23 PM

:lol Someone hasn't been a Spurs fan very long...

Kori Ellis
06-23-2006, 06:24 PM

He has bone chips in his elbow and could barely play this year.

He's repeatedly said in the press here that he's retiring.

exstatic
06-23-2006, 06:35 PM
He has bone chips in his elbow and could barely play this year.

He's repeatedly said in the press here that he's retiring.
Yeah it was the elbow much more than the knees. You don't need knees to shoot. Steve Smith was proof of that.

AMOS7
06-23-2006, 07:58 PM
I'd actually like to see him stay. He wanted a ring. Why not make him third string PG on the team, maybe even just a reserve player.

Not like he'd play much, and even with his injuries he's a better third stringer than many in the league today. I am sure he wants another chance at a championship. He's said he's going to retire many, many times before. I'd like to see him give it one last shot.

Spurs fans forget how, while he was definitely streaky, he had some shining moments in the playoffs, he made some good shots and made great passing plays.

manustarting2gd
06-23-2006, 08:35 PM
I thought Nick had a bit more left in the tank than what he showed us this year. Too bad for the bad 'bow. When we got him and Fin, I really saw him coming thru big for us in the playoffs. Guess not. Overall, i think his weight did him in finally. Best of luck to Nick "the Quick" Van Exel, but he was a big disappointment, it seemed he didnt take this season seriously. Injury to the 'bow or not, being out of shape overall is inexcusable.