PDA

View Full Version : Project Terror!!

mrblonde17
06-23-2006, 12:55 PM
From 1970 till 1981 I lived in Kerrville, Converse, Universal City, and Goliad. In those years we watched San Antonio TV stations. One of my favorite programs was on Friday nights at midnight. Project Terror scared the absolute crap out of me. It wasn't because of the movies, those were usually funny; instead it was the opening sequence. The lights and sound sent me running out of the living room only to sneak a peek to see if it was over. I was told, please correct me if I'm wrong, that Joe Alston was the voice on the opening sequence. Joe Alston was none other than Captain Gus. How many out there remember the show? Also, what was the tagline for Project Terror? I think it was was, "Where -------- and the --------- meet." What I'm really looking for it the video of the opening sequence. Does anyone out there know where I can see a clip of that with audio? If not I'd like to hear from others that were scared shitless from that sequence...maybe I'm the only pansy that freaked out.

jy8z
06-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Where the scientific and mystifying merge.

Joe Alston did the voice over.

Sorry no audio clip.

gameFACE
06-24-2006, 11:28 AM
There were great cheesy vampire and moster movies shown on PT. I think it was terrifying instead of mystifying, though. The show opening had an echo that was supposed to be scary:

PROJECT (project, project, project)!!! TERROR (terror, terror, terror)!!!!
Where the scientific....and the terrriffffyyying emerge.........

The title of Robert Rodriguez portion of the new upcoming film with Quentin Tarantino is called Project Terror, I think.

John Doe
06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
No you weren't the only pansy, that show scared the shit out of me too. We used to come from out of town to visit relatives and my cousins would have all the lights off and then the picture of the greenish atom with the horrendous sound (from what I remember) came on. Spooky!

Taco
06-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I loved PROJECT TERROR!!!!

Jimcs50
06-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Where the scientific and mystifying merge.

Joe Alston did the voice over.

Sorry no audio clip.

No no no....

Where the scientific and the terrifying emerge

Taco
06-26-2006, 12:29 PM
No no no....

Where the scientific and the terrifying emerge

That's right!!!