PDA

View Full Version : Shaq < Kaman now in 06. So, Kobe < Wade.

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Some people seem to think that Shaq is as good now as he was during his 3 repeat.

I really don't know what to say when there is this kind of disconnect from reality.

Fact is : Kaman>Shaq, by a lot now.

Wade could have won Finals easier with Kaman than with Shaq.

Shaq averaged 14 points a game and 10 rebounds a game.

Pretty modest.

And Wade got a lot more attention paid to him by Dallas than Shaq.

And everybody who actually watched the Finals already knows this.

Game 5 at the end, everybody in the arena knew the ball was going to Wade. He was quadruple teamed and still got to the line.

All of those patented fourth quarter runs were done by Wade not by Shaq.

Shaq is a role player now.

With mediocre centers, Wade has 1 ring and Kobe has 0.

How many Finals mvps does Kobe have after what 8 or 9 years in the NBA?

Wade in his third year has a Finals MVP.

Think about that people.

AZLouis
06-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Not buying it.

In the Clips biggest series in their franchise history, Kaman all but disappeared versus the Suns.

The Mavs employed a defense that neutralized Shaq to a great extent.

But speaking of Shaq's decline, does anybody else agree he would be better served with a 40-50 pound weight loss? He would regain some speed, better agility, and stamina.

If I'm Riles, I push it and demand that for once in his life, Shaq show up in shape and ready to go for the repeat.

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Not buying it.

In the Clips biggest series in their franchise history, Kaman all but disappeared versus the Suns.

The Mavs employed a defense that neutralized Shaq to a great extent.

But speaking of Shaq's decline, does anybody else agree he would be better served with a 40-50 pound weight loss? He would regain some speed, better agility, and stamina.

If I'm Riles, I push it and demand that for once in his life, Shaq show up in shape and ready to go for the repeat.

Understand what you are saying, but Shaq seemed to all but disappear also.

Mavs progressively focused more and more attention on Wade and at the end it was 90 percent geared to stop Wade and they still could not do it. And Avery admitted this.

Shaq has reportedly lost 35 + pounds (which I believe looking at him) and Riles did demand it.

He was much better about showing against the screen and roll.

He showed much more agility and better foot work.